1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Eileen Davidson Leaving Days of Our Lives

By July 31, 2013

eileen davidsonGet ready to say goodbye to Kristen. Eileen Davidson is leaving Days of Our Lives.

According to Soap Opera Digest, the actress taped her last scenes on July 16. However, due to the show's advance taping schedule, she will continue to air through the end of the year.

According to Executive Producer Ken Corday, Davidson has opted to take a break from the soap to spend time with her family, but she is not heading to another show. (Translation: she's not returning to her role as Ashley Abbott on The Young and the Restless.)  So it sounds like there's a good chance she could eventually return to Days.

Davidson took to Twitter to respond to inquiries from fans as soon as the news of her departure broke. "You're all so awesome! I didn't get fired. My family is fine. Thanks for your love and support! xoxoxo," she tweeted.

Davidson resurrected her role as Days' vixen Kristen DiMera in October 2012. It had been 14 years since she last appeared on the show.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Benjamin Cohen

Comments

July 31, 2013 at 11:43 am
(1) BLONDIE says:

Well Eileen you are one of the best love to hate actress on the show and you will be missed. Hopefully you will be back soon. They have taken your character places I never dreamed they would go, what a suprise.

July 31, 2013 at 12:17 pm
(2) Rosemary says:

Well, I miss you on Young and the Restless too, but you are quite the character on Days and those are my two soaps. Wish you could do both! I am just thinking poor Jack needs you right now… hahahaha

July 31, 2013 at 2:02 pm
(3) mouse says:

Good luck to Eileen Davidson.

I enjoyed Kristen (except the stuff with Eric) since she’s
been on. I wasn’t watching when she was on before

July 31, 2013 at 3:37 pm
(4) gail celentano says:

good . i am not liking her role in days. years ago it was ok but not today. just not buying her and Brady.

July 31, 2013 at 3:57 pm
(5) Donald says:

You are going to be missed. I understand about your family, but please, please, please consider coming back soon. Please…..

July 31, 2013 at 6:12 pm
(6) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

Via Con Dios Adios Duncashein Aloha Don’t let the door hit you on the way OUT. Bye Bye Bye

July 31, 2013 at 8:44 pm
(7) Samidimera says:

Good! Im so glad she is going. Now Kate and all the other dried up old bags need to go and start having young fresh pretty and handsome actors and actresses on. It 2013 going on 2014. Not 1983 going on 1984.

July 31, 2013 at 9:32 pm
(8) fanny says:

OMG! My question is: “What the hell is going on behind the scenes to have so many actors leaving the show”?
Has anybody noticed that ever since it was announced that TomSell would be the new writing regime in April 2012, lots of the actors chose not to renew their contracts… Renée Jones(Lexie), Molly Burnett(Melanie), Peter Reckell(Bo), Casey Deidrick(Chad), Chandler Massey(Will), Camilla Banus(Gabi) and now Eileen Davidson(Kristen). Mmmm…Makes you wonder, doesn’t it?
And as for your comment, Samidimera @ 7, that was gross and disrespectful! This old bag here, still enjoys Kate, Marlena, Stefano, Justin, Adrienne, Hope and yes, Kristen too! And I am not impressed with Cameron, JJ and Theresa whether it is 2013 or 1983.

August 1, 2013 at 1:03 am
(9) loretta mullens says:

Audios Kristin I wont miss you one bit

August 1, 2013 at 9:13 am
(10) Selic says:

I started watching the show in 1999, so I was not familiar with Kristen’s character. So, I really had no problem with the producers bringing people like Carly Manning, Vivian Alamain, Billie Reed, Austin Reed, Carrie Brady, Kristen Dimera and others from back then to have recurring roles on the show. Many of the actors want to live their own lives after being on the show for so long, so it seems appropriate that they are brought back to pay image to their own characters as an homage to the show’s history. If it were not for many of the older characters, the newer ones would not be introduced. I do agree with the idea that I recently read about bringing Joy Wesley to the show. She was born a year before JJ Devereaux (soap opera time), and because Jennifer Horton cannot stand the Wesleys, perhaps her character can stir trouble by getting together with JJ.

August 1, 2013 at 9:17 am
(11) cathym says:

#7 samidimera – you just hurt your parent’s and grandparents and any other relatives you have that are that age group, keep in mind it won’t be long til you get to that age too, then you’ll see how it feels for someone your age now will say the same to you when you get there – soon. Years do go by fast. Old people were once very young and beautiful looking, they had a full and youthful life also, they still are beautiful looking, they’re just a little older. Old is when you’re over 100 years old, there is no one that age on Days.

August 1, 2013 at 11:42 am
(12) Samidimera says:

I hurt and disrespected my parents and grandparents? I did not disrespect them personally but I don’t agree with a lot of their views and most of their age group ruined the world for us which I DO NOT LIKE!!! I’m sick and tired of the older generations tell us younger and beautiful people that we have a lot to learn in life when in fact we know a lot more than they ever did! I’m also tired of hearing that we have to work in order to live eat, have housing, cars and everything else. Water,cars,cell phones and housing,cable TV,video games are a RIGHT and it should be given not have to be paid for. As a millennial when I want something I want it and I do not take NO for an answer! I’m sorry but the world revolves around us! Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

August 1, 2013 at 9:15 pm
(13) cathym says:

The ones who ruined the world financially goes way back in ancient history, we are all victims of having to pay for things that we like and need. Everyone in the world would love to have everything and not pay for it, unfortunately the historic generation are the ones who ruined it all for us. We just have to make the best of it. You should write a book and make a movie about your thoughts.

By the way, I don’t smoke, never have, but you made me laugh when you said to put it in my pipe and smoke it.

This part is for Days, I wish Kristen the best, very good actress. Her acting is excellent, she really knows how to transform what is written in her script.

August 1, 2013 at 9:44 pm
(14) caesar says:

Samidimera @ 7 &12, you are funny! You know why? Because you just sound like Kristen DiMera! That’s right, the old bag that you’re so happy to see leave. Ironic isn’t it?

August 1, 2013 at 10:23 pm
(15) fanny says:

You are right Cathym, this article is about Days and Eileen Davidson, who is a phenominal actress. I, for one, will miss her.
Kristen DiMera is a character I love to hate and Eileen played her brilliantly. I wish her the best!

August 2, 2013 at 2:31 am
(16) Crickit says:

Actors and actresses are like any of us. Life changes we all have to change with it. I have been watching Days of our Lives for 40 years… And am finally very pleased in the last 3 years…just can not wait till the next epesode. Yes the old families are still in Salem but with the Jen and Daniel thing Jack coming back then the three way love thing, jacks death Kriston coming back Brady’s gal troubles and wow o.k Sami has to stop over acting the Over acting bit she does that’s my only gripe about the writers and. Directors…we get tired of it..it brings us back to reality when were outed into realit with “good gravy that’s so put on terrible acting…..but Days has continued to keep notching it up. Sami shooting the cop and her Delima is really nail biting good job Sami keeping it twisting. can never get enough of EJ…..it was intense when Justn told him The Greeks didn’t invent revenge…we made a fricken art out of it! He is the best looking man in soaps with those dimples it’s because you believe him…his acting is an art. I don’t believe they show enough of Justin. I saved Jennifer for last. She bugs me when she is played as stupid..weak…I want to see her stronger and smarter…right now she and Daniel s thing is boring and getting redundant

August 2, 2013 at 9:11 am
(17) dazwatcher says:

I never cared for her character years ago or recently. I won’t miss her. The ever so famous “spend time with the family” is usually the “I think I am worth a whole lot more money, but you’re not giving it to me” excuse.

I wish she would take JJ and Theresa with her!

August 2, 2013 at 5:51 pm
(18) The Feudalist says:

So samidimera your POed at the older generation because you feel you should have everything handed to you on a silver platter?

As Hope said to Thersa in yesterdays episode, ” Sometimes you have to suck it up.”

So CRY ME A RIVER you spoiled little brat!

August 2, 2013 at 8:17 pm
(19) Mar11 says:

@samidimera I’m young and I actually like some of the older characters. Kristen’s was the best thing that happened to the show.

August 3, 2013 at 1:19 pm
(20) mareebee says:

Got news for you, Samidimera. Someday you’re going to get old -AND THAT’S A FACT. Let’s see how you feel when someone young says the same thing to you.

August 5, 2013 at 7:29 pm
(21) Jenny says:

Soooooooo glad Eileen is leaving. Could not take the Kristen character. I wish she’d take the Teresa character with her.

August 5, 2013 at 7:43 pm
(22) Bettina Braun says:

Samidimera..what a rotten spoiled brat you are! I can’t believe how nasty everyone gets….it’s just a tv show…jeez!

August 5, 2013 at 7:58 pm
(23) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

Eileen has done a great job this time around. She acted her part just AS THE WRITERS SCRIPTED HER. Friday and today was hilarious with her playing the woman spilling stuff on papers important to spoil the life of someone else. But EILEEN was GREAT. EILEEN is a beautiful woman and I wish her the best and BLESSED life with her husband and children. THANK YOU EILEEN. It’s the character, Kristen, who had attempted to get the Dimera family back together….not so good…due to the WRITERS. She was successful to a point but then things went south, thanks to the WRITERS. Listen, no matter how old a person is, the person whose foundation was laid out is still in there. The YOUNG Kristen was full of hope and promise as is everyones’ life. Until something happens which takes away someone they Love. So-o if you have someone in YOUR life whom you LOVE, HOLD ONTO THEM WITH EVERYTHING YOUR BEING IS MADE UP OF BECAUSE ONCE THEY ARE GONE…THEY ARE REALLY GONE IN THIS LIFE. And it leaves scars inside which may or may not heal according to your attitude. This explains the character of Kristen. Pretty much “right on” in this life. It hurts, TRULY hurts when your Loved one dies and you can not even talk to them anymore. That explains Brady. Madison was the love of his life.

August 5, 2013 at 8:06 pm
(24) rae says:

Nothing against Eileen, but I’m not sorry to see Kristan go. Bringing her back gave me such hope for a great story for Deidre and Drake. Unfortunately, all it did was destroy the character of John and the love story of John and Marlena.

August 5, 2013 at 8:10 pm
(25) Sue says:

Hope she enjoys her time off. Honestly I won’t miss her character however.

August 5, 2013 at 8:18 pm
(26) Seth says:

That’s a shame, she breathed life back into the show and I will miss her.

August 5, 2013 at 8:37 pm
(27) Cheryl says:

Samidimera, YOU NEED TO GROW UP! What the heck is wrong with you. You are provided services and you think you should get them for free? You are living in a fantasy world!

August 5, 2013 at 8:39 pm
(28) Kalola says:

This is good news to me since I had determined today that this was the last day I was going to watch DOOL as the writing has been so negative for so long. In my world, good people outweigh the bad but on DOOL evil triumphs all the time.

August 5, 2013 at 9:10 pm
(29) Anne says:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

August 5, 2013 at 9:36 pm
(30) sue wrosch says:

Kristen: I will really miss you. It makes me sad to see you go. I hope that you will return soon. sue

August 5, 2013 at 9:47 pm
(31) Jeanie says:

Samidimera – I’m pretty sure both your namesakes on Days would be appalled at your comments as are the majority of people here. How dare you expect everything to be “a given” – what a spoiled brat you are. I pity your poor parents raising someone like you, they must be SO disappointed. I, on the other hand, am so proud of my own 6 children, they expect nothing and work really hard for everthing they have. After losing their father and now having children of their own they realise that “things” are not important – it’s family, both young and old, that counts.

August 5, 2013 at 11:52 pm
(32) Dee Dee says:

Get rid of the Sami-EJ thing. Keep Kristen. No one in their right mind would forgive EJ for all he has done to Sami and her family, Come on.

August 6, 2013 at 3:43 am
(33) atlastgracie says:

Sandidimera You must be a troll…No sane person would write all the nonsense you just wrote. If you were really writing your sincere beliefs, you are to be pitied since life will have some real surprises in store for you!

August 6, 2013 at 9:51 am
(34) cathym says:

I remember an episode where Sammi was telling Victor about him being so old and she said nasty things to him about his age. Hopefully it was written in her script.

Well, look at her now. She still looks gorgeous, but she doesn’t look like when she first started on Days. The years went by so fast. She’s heading for her 40′s and then her 50′s etc. She’s getting older just like everyone in the whole world. What goes around comes around. Don’t get me wrong, I love and always loved Sammi, I’m just pointing out that age is just a number and no one should say nasty things to older people. It’s painful. We are all God’s creation and we must not criticize what He created.

August 6, 2013 at 12:29 pm
(35) Sally says:

I am soooooo GLAD that Eileen is leaving! She is toooooo dramatic – which is what she is supposed to be I’ll admit, but, I am still glad she is leaving. Too bad she can’t take JJ and his friends with her – their acting abilities have NOT improved! It is too sad that “Will” is leaving – he does know how to act and he will be missed by this viewer.

August 6, 2013 at 7:08 pm
(36) Linda says:

I will miss her so much…she is a fabulous actress and she has made the show so much fun…please come back!!!

August 7, 2013 at 10:31 am
(37) Debra says:

I didn’t mind Eileen coming back. I remember her from before, and she sure plays the “bad girl” to the hilt. My sister and best friend have watched her for years on the Y&R and they couldn’t believe she plays such an evil person on Days. They said that was very different from her role on Y&R. Maybe she just wanted a different type of role. I’ve heard a lot of actresses say it’s more fun to play evil than good. Speaking of evil, I have never read anyone on here making such disrespectful statements as Samidimera. Your family must be so proud of you!

August 8, 2013 at 6:01 am
(38) EJ J says:

Glad to see Kristen going. With her having affair with John, years ago, it would seem she would be old enough to be Brady’s mother.
Was really disappointed when Stefano returned he & kristen give evil parts, I DO NOT LIKE EVIL!!
Every characher has been in a wreck & hospotal, wake with lost memory????
Each baby needs a DNA test.,
Kate has tried to kill a few people, & gets away with it.
Knicole [sp] suprized she is still there.

August 8, 2013 at 6:36 pm
(39) snook says:

Sorry to see Eileen leave but understand her family loyalty. I have been her fan since she was on Santa Barbara. Didn’t like her DAYS character.
Wish Theresa was going.
Willl be glad when JJ gets his comeuppance and start acting like a civilized human being.
Please get Sami’s trial over soon.
Recast Bo. It’s been too long with Hope and Ciara have been without him. Bring her son and Bell back. Their characters have been goon too long also.
The older DAYS generation is great. They originated the show and I think they keep the value of the show in tacty. Older doesn’t mean over the hill.

August 8, 2013 at 11:02 pm
(40) Denise says:

We are so devastated that Eileen Davidson is leaving Days. My daughter is 18 and I got her hooked on the show because of Kristen! I dug up all the old scenes when she was on Days last time playing 4 roles. I cannot imagine why or how they could let someone who has boosted their ratings so much, leave. I know Eileen said she wants to spend time with her family and that is so admirable. I’m sure she doesn’t need the money and does this for sheer pleasure. She is truly the best actress on days. I wish Days would get rid of some of the dead weight like Kayla and jennifer who are so boring, marlena who I can’t stand, and Sami (although they should just call it the Sami show since they have managed to elevate her standing… However she nauseates me. Why they give her so many of the best looking guys, I don’t understand….she has zero chemistry and sex appeal with anyone but Lucas…Both Rafe and EJ deserve much hotter women)..,, this is much devastating news….sorry to see you go Eileen… We watch you the best and hope you come back to Days again!

August 8, 2013 at 11:24 pm
(41) Gigi says:

@samidimera You are a disgrace to the younger generation. I don’t know who you are or where you have grown up, but you do NOT represent the millennials at all. You sound like an immature, unappreciative nightmare for your parents. I am 18, and I love watching Days with my mother. We both enjoy the character of Kristen. Eileen Davidson is stunningly beautiful, and what I admire most is how she is putting her family first. My mother is an older mom, like Ms. Davidson, having had me at age 42. i’m an only child, and I appreciate every moment with my mom, because she has had cancer and gone through so much. i would hate it if someone referred to her as “old.” You can only hope that you will look as great as Ms. Davidson when you are older. I apologize to everyone who had to read your appalling, disrespectful, pathetic and uncalled for remark. I hope you get some serious help, or you are going to have a difficult time in life. My mom is my best friend, and we both have helped each other through some extremely difficult times. I hope you will start thinking about giving more and helping others, because that is what this generation is expected to do. We are the future, and if all you do is take, how will you ever handle stressful situations or a job? You are not representative of anything but selfishness and narcissism.

August 9, 2013 at 4:33 pm
(42) Joanne says:

OMG!! NO NO NO EILEEN DAVIDSON IS MY FAVORITE, ALONG WITH ALLISON SWEENEY, SHE PLAYS HER PART AS KRISTEN SO GREAT, NO ONE COULD EVER FILL HER SHOES IN THAT ROLE!!! SHE MAKES DOOL I AM SO SAD TO SEE SHE IS LEAVING, I DO ADMIT I WONDER WHY MOST OF THIS CAST HAS LEFT OR IS LEAVING MAKES YOU WONDER WHAT’S UP WITH THAT. I SINCERELY HOPE EILEEN RETURNS TO DAYS, I FOR ONE WILL MISS HER!!

August 12, 2013 at 3:54 pm
(43) Janie says:

Good, glad she is going, you should get rid of JJ, he is a lousy actor. Maybe you can now afford Beau. Also I hope the new DA will not be permanent !

August 12, 2013 at 3:58 pm
(44) Janie says:

I agree with ,Fanny!

August 30, 2013 at 1:41 pm
(45) Trina says:

You brought life into DAYS again and I can’t believe you are leaving. Please, please come back. You are such a fantastic actress and I wish you the best of luck in whatever direction you choose to take in life. Best wishes.

September 11, 2013 at 4:54 pm
(46) Paila says:

I think it was darn right dirty what Kristen did with Father Eric. What a way to bring the catholic faith into a soap. You writers have no sense, there is enough scandal going in in this world about priests and molesting and getting married, and gay. Didn;’t need to add that to the fire.

September 15, 2013 at 4:20 pm
(47) Clair says:

will miss Eileen Davidson..she played the part perfectly and i wont find it that interesting without her on the show..please do come back and enjoy your time off..

November 11, 2013 at 1:38 pm
(48) Heather says:

Sorry but nothing personal. I hate the character you play and the lives you ruin on the show is awful. Seriously noone can lie do much Nd get away with it. Wish Days ws more true to life See ya!!

November 15, 2013 at 10:16 pm
(49) Chiquita says:

Eileen did a great job
Lets see who will be exciting now
Looking great to be her age

November 16, 2013 at 7:16 am
(50) cg says:

I am sorry to see Eileen Davidson go I loved watching her play Kristen and putting that snooty Marlena down ,good luck to her and her family,I hope she comes back soon,we will miss you God Bless Eileen and her family ,

November 16, 2013 at 7:22 am
(51) carol says:

Love Eileen Wish she would have stayed but her family comes first,,I loved watchin g her put Marlena in her place,we will miss you god bless,a fan