1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Coming and Goings

By August 6, 2013

susan seaforth hayesHere's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of Our Lives.

Susan Seaforth Hayes returns as Julie on August 12 and 13, and this time around she has something fun to do. She'll have hilarious scenes with Kristian Alfonso (Hope), Mary Beth Evans (Kayla), Judi Evans (Adrienne), Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) and Arianne Zucker (Nicole) at a ladies only event that takes an unusual turn.

Husband Bill Hayes (Doug) tweeted about the guest spots back in April, noting that there were "Julie sightings" on the horizon. "Wow, that means we are 4 months ahead! I remember when it was 2 weeks," he noted.

As for Drake Hogestyn's (John) future with Days -- he taped his last scenes on March 18, which aired on July 18 -- there's hope that he might return to the soap; albeit on a limited basis. Executive Producer Ken Corday told Soap Opera Digest that while Hogestyn wasn't in current story plans, "there is a very good chance he will be back  and have beats."

Corday also noted that neither Camila Banus (Gabi) nor Chandler Massey's (Will) roles will be recast, when their contracts expire in October and December, respectively. Both actors are planning to leave the show.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images/Frederick M. Brown

Comments

August 6, 2013 at 9:30 am
(1) cathym says:

I feel so sad that Gabi, Will and Chad are all leaving. There are so many stories they could write for them and that means we won’t get to see the baby anymore either. I wonder how they will leave, please make it a happy ending.

What will happen to Sonny? I was so hoping that he would marry Will. I don’t like Will pushing Sonny away. Sonny always secures him that he is the only one for him, Will should have more confidence in himself. He is a good catch, he needs to realize it.

I’m so happy Julie is coming back, but of course they won’t keep her long as always. Julie and Doug should have a permanent contract. They were a huge super couple in the 70′s and Julie is a Horton, she and Doug should be living at Aice and Tom’s house.

August 6, 2013 at 12:13 pm
(2) Linda R says:

I was hoping that Will would stay and go back to Gabi. Will is the best Will they had on Days, and I was Happy he won the Emmy.he is so cute..I didn’t now Chad and Gabi was leaving, I knew Will was leaving this is a big mistake but hopefully they will be back. The ones I wish they would take is Kristen and Sonny’s mother, and the most one they could take of is JJ he is one spoiled BRAT, he needs to be in military school, and Jennifer needs to waken up to his drug habits and to go back to Daniel b4 its too late. And another person to take off is Ann she is a pain in the butt.

August 6, 2013 at 12:50 pm
(3) Ds1126 says:

Chandler might not be leaving here just did a interview today and he said he might not be leaving.

August 6, 2013 at 2:56 pm
(4) Linda says:

Thank you Janet! All I care about is the Drake Hogestyn mention. I’ll take this FABULOUS actor back on DAYS any way I can get him, so I PRAY Ken is NOT lying or stringing the fans along again. Until Drake says he is back taping, I’ll continue to keep HOPE that it will happen possibly by December!

August 6, 2013 at 3:02 pm
(5) BLONDIE says:

I have also heard Chandler say in interviews that he probably won’t be leaving so I don’t know why everyone says he is. Chad is leaving to do other tv and movie offers and I think they will kill off his character off. I am happy that Gabi is leaving she just doesn’t fit right now.

August 9, 2013 at 3:22 am
(6) Samantha says:

Linda R, I can’t laughing at your first sentence. Will is GAY. GAY. GAY.

August 12, 2013 at 8:13 pm
(7) Lori says:

Why on earth would they not recast Will, he is an essential character to the show and Wilson are the best couple and have been for a while. They deserve a wedding, custody of Arianna if Gabi is not being recast, a period of happiness and then some soapy problems just like any other couple.

August 12, 2013 at 8:38 pm
(8) sharon says:

So sorry to hear that Drake Hogestyn will not be back I will miss him for me he was days .

August 12, 2013 at 8:48 pm
(9) Karen says:

Drake is the widest. He is not a good actor and it is not his storyline it is his mumbling and being cock sure of himself. Good ridens

August 12, 2013 at 9:57 pm
(10) CAROLE says:

Welcome home Julie. Please stay and bring Doug with you!!!!!

August 12, 2013 at 10:28 pm
(11) Bettina braun says:

What are you thinking Samantha? Will is not gay…only the writers are making him gay for now. This is not reality but a soap opera and the cant make him straight and get back with GBi any time they want to.

August 12, 2013 at 10:33 pm
(12) Kerri says:

Bettina. The character has been written as gay. Not straight, and not bisexual. If the writers are to stay true to the character history, then they will not change this fact. Yes, I know, soap writers are notorious for rewriting history, but this is a very big change, I don’t see it happening or why it should happen.

August 13, 2013 at 10:52 am
(13) Debra says:

I have been watching Days for so, so many years and I love it when they bring back the “originals” such as Julie. The young actors that are leaving are the ones that I can actually stand to watch (unlike some they are keeping like JJ). I have not heard Chandler say he might be staying — everything I have heard him say is that he is definitely leaving to go back to school. I will say this – again – even though Soaps are notoriously unrealistic, they can’t just have Chandler (even if he stayed) wake up one day and not be gay anymore. Therefore, he is somewhat typecast IN THIS ROLE. Maybe that is why he wants to leave also to pursue other roles where he can interact with women. He has done what they set out to do on Days — portrayed the most in your face gay relationship on daytime television. That’s why he and the Soap won awards this year. Whether you enjoyed this portrayal or not (I didn’t) and fast forwarded through a lot of it, it was controversial, and that’s what’s popular now days. As far as Gabi’s character leaving, everytime someone on a Soap has a kid you know they are either going to have them lose the baby, have the baby die, or have them move away with the baby. Kids/babies on Soaps seem to be somewhat problematic. If they are on there they are like Sami’s “invisible kids” which you rarely see.

August 13, 2013 at 12:25 pm
(14) sanwad says:

Do you see that resemblance between Julie and Theresa Donovan? She should have been cast as Julie’s relative.

August 13, 2013 at 2:26 pm
(15) Suzanne Berreth says:

The “Will” storyline is the worst idea to ever hit “Days”. It has lost many former fans who would love to see a return to the good old “Days” with veteran cast members & action storylines.

August 13, 2013 at 10:02 pm
(16) Debra says:

Suzanne — I couldn’t agree with you more!! Like I’ve said before, I’m a true fan of days and won’t quit watching — I just fast forward through the undesirable, irritating stuff. The problem is if I am watching it somewhere else (like not too long ago while sitting with my Dad in his hospital room) I can’t do that, and I was so embarrassed when Will and Sonny started “going at it” and there was nothing I could do! I’m with you — bring back the veteran cast members. Unfortunately, though, there for a while they were doing that (Carrie, Jack, John, etc.) only to give them the boot after a short time.

August 15, 2013 at 12:34 pm
(17) sanwad says:

how could Kristen be pregnant? Isn’t the fact that she couldn’t have children the reason why Brady wanted to have her adopt?

August 15, 2013 at 10:40 pm
(18) Brenda says:

Suzanne and Debra what is the problem?? I don’t think Will and Sonny have gotten half as steamy as the heterosexual couples on Days. Is the problem that this is truly a reality and how they portrayed gay relationships. Guess what it’s all over the world. Instead of judging why not try and understand that this is just another fact of life that has been happening since the beginning. It is not wrong to love someone, what is wrong is people discriminating and acting like this is the worse thing in the world. I have been watching Days for 30 years I love my old cast but I also love how Days has portrayed controversial subjects with finesse and convictions. Kudo’s to you Days for showing people that gay people are no different than the rest.

August 16, 2013 at 11:51 am
(19) Debra says:

There is no “problem”, Brenda. I, too, have been watching Days for over 30 years. Over and over people make this comment of “what about the heterosexual couples they show doing the same thing?”. Number one, it is not the “same thing”. If it were the “same thing” same sex couples could procreate — but, nevertheless, I didn’t say I care to just watch heterosexual couples (which are the majority in this world) roll around in bed all the time either. This shouldn’t be the ONLY thing these couples do! Victor said it great the other day when he asked Brady to name “other” interests, activities he and Kristin share — other than sex. We are all entitled to our opinion and mine is that I do not care to watch two men in bed with their big hairy legs intertwined — I KNOW it occurs, but I don’t care to see it — thus it is my choice to fast-forward through it.

August 20, 2013 at 8:34 pm
(20) Bernice says:

I have watched this show for 20 years now and I love days…..when I get home from work, its the only show I stay up to watch on the soap channel.
As for the will and sonny story, I like the characters, although I don’t like seeing two men kissing, I do think that the writers are trying to get with the times. Nowadays, gays have rights-the right to live together, the right to get married and the right to be happy . The timing that the writers bought in that story line was a good move considering that gay rights is all in the news these days…..and I say that if you are happy and not bothering people, then let them be happy!! I think sonny and will are the most happy couple on the show now! I love the story line!
I do like my veteran actors as well, however, they were already put through sooooo many story lines throughout the years….there’s only so many time princess Gina can come back, only so many times Marlena can be nearly killed or be stefanos queen or only so many times bo could get beat up or shot at before the story lines get repetitive! I’m glad the writers wrote something fresh and new for this soap!”

September 18, 2013 at 6:13 pm
(21) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

Brenda…..I, for one, have known gay guys and I’ll tell you what…… A peck on the cheek is one thing….watching them roll around in the sheets is another. I don’t enjoy seeing it with the male//female couple OR gay couple. These writers seem to think that the audience wants to see most people in Salem in bed. YOU KNOW WHAT? Most people spend MAYBE 15 minutes of the day “doing it”. THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN ROLLING AROUND IN THE SHEETS. IN FEBRUARY WE SAW EVERYBODYS BEDROOM AND THIS SUMMER SAW KRISTEN & BRADY MOSTLY IN A HOTEL ROOM…AND THEN ERIC & KRISTEN IN THE HOTEL…AND NOW ABIGAIL & CHAD.
Come on W R I T E R S…you really HAD to do that to Abigaiol? And EJ? If they aren’t in bed getting screwed, they’re getting castrated with words. SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING TO SHOW THE FAMILIES OF SALEM SOME LOVE. P L E A S E

November 12, 2013 at 4:49 pm
(22) Jules says:

I love my soap days of our lives I have been watching the show since I was 16 years old now 42 I tape every episode. I have seen people come and go. I’m so sad to know that all of the real cast members are leaving and I’m very upset!!!I hope one day I can come and meet the cast members like Sammy and Jen and hope!! Before they leave the show too!! Since Bo left before i got to see him!!! Days gives me a way to escape from all the reality bull crap in real life! Call me weird, I’m just old fashion, maybe I belong to the Horton family!!!! Lol Will definitely well be missed as Lexie and Bo is…..This soap is the only thing I stay up and watch!!

December 17, 2013 at 2:19 pm
(23) mary owens says:

What happened to Beau, Hope’s husband. I missed many episodes so apparently he disappeared on one of those shows.????