1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

On-Set Party for Days of Our Lives' Suzanne Rogers

By August 21, 2013

Rogers and AnistonEverybody loves a party; especially when it's for Days of Our Lives favorite Suzanne Rogers (Maggie).

The show's cast and crew gathered to celebrate Rogers' milestone anniversary on the show -- 40 years -- on Tuesday, August 20. John Aniston (Victor), Shawn Christian (Daniel) and a slew of others were on hand for the celebration.

"It doesn't feel like 40 years, because I love what I do," shared Rogers, admitting that she owed her long tenure with the show "to a wonderful woman." Namely, the late Betty Corday, who co-created and executive produced the soap and was instrumental in hiring Rogers to portray Maggie. "She saw something in this skinny redhead."

Check out this collection of photos from the event. You can access them here.

Photo Courtesy: Days of Our Lives

Comments

August 21, 2013 at 6:58 pm
(1) Lorraine says:

Wow, am I old! I remember the day she first appeared on the show! I think she and I are the same age…mostly love this show, sometimes the writers suck, but it goes on.

August 21, 2013 at 9:38 pm
(2) Wanda says:

I remember her first day as well. Loved the storyline about Mickey’s gift to her of a pair of red shoes. Suzanne is perfect as Maggie.

August 21, 2013 at 9:39 pm
(3) mouse says:

thanks for posting all the pictures

August 21, 2013 at 10:05 pm
(4) daysofourlives says:

You’re welcome. Glad you are enjoying the photos.

August 23, 2013 at 12:21 pm
(5) BLONDIE says:

It has been 40 wonderful years watching you, you are awesome.Here’s to 40 more.

August 24, 2013 at 11:06 am
(6) cathym says:

Suzanne Rogers, you are so loveable in real life and as Maggie, congrats and many more.

August 26, 2013 at 9:00 pm
(7) Linda Szklarski says:

Congrats, Suzanne! I was so lucky to meet Suzanne at the Mohegan Sun meet and Greet in CT last year. She is even more beautiful in person! She hugged me like I was One of her TV nieces and she looked stunning…I stood online for hours to go and take a photo and get autographs with her, Hope, Abe and Daniel. She stood in high heels the whole morning, smiling and as pleasant as she is on TV…Of course, it was great fun meeting Daniel, too! Abe looked great and Hope, too. I’ve enjoyed watching Days since the beginning and remember when Maggie first came on the show, too..

August 26, 2013 at 11:48 pm
(8) Sandy says:

Can’t believe it has been 40 yrs. that I have watched you play the part of Maggie so well. Congratulations, still enjoy watching you.