1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Casts Guy Wilson as New Will Horton

By September 12, 2013

Days of Our Lives big casting secret is out. The show has cast Guy Wilson as the new Will Horton, replacing Chandler Massey, who taped his final scenes on August 23.

Jen Lilley (Theresa) revealed the news during an appearance on blog talk radio series Lather Up with Littany on Wednesday night, while discussing the challenges that come with replacing a popular soap actor.

"I am very worried for Guy Wilson, who is replacing Chandler, because I love Chandler..." said Lilley. "It's really hard to be a recast, and I completely understand from the audience's point of view why it's hard also. I mean, that's tricky; somebody coming in and replacing a character. It's hard.

"I always give the analogy of Dexter. That's my favorite show," added Lilley. "If anyone but Michael C. Hall was Dexter, I would freak the freak out; even if it was like Matt Damon, who I have a total crush on... I hope people will be nice to Guy Wilson, because there's a scary thing built into being a recast; because of the audience and because of the awesome fan base."

Fortunately, Wilson has an impressive background. He's had guest stints on the nighttime series Breaking Bad, Hawaii Five-0 and Bones. Plus, he has some daytime experience. Back in 2006, he appeared on General Hospital as a teenage Luke Spencer.

You can check out an array of photos of Wilson, here.

Comments

September 12, 2013 at 4:32 am
(1) David says:

He is cute enough. I’d still wish they had paired up Sonny with the existing character of Brent played by Tyler Sellers.

September 12, 2013 at 12:11 pm
(2) Laurence H says:

Heh…some of those photos are hit or miss, but at this point, they’ve ruined WilSon anyway. Chandler Massey is probably hands down the best Will Horton they’ve cast, mainly because he actually looked like he was Sami and Lucas’s son. Guy Wilson, they’re going to give you terrible material so do what you can, man.

September 14, 2013 at 11:25 pm
(3) Wesley says:

Cahndler Massey is the best Will Horton that has been cast in DOOL! But i am going to wait to see if Guy can hold his own. I hope he can make the role his own and bring new light to Will.

September 15, 2013 at 1:53 am
(4) Tami says:

Well, this sucks. Chandler was not only the best Will Horton they have had on the show but he was also one of the best actors they have ever had on the show. His work, especially when Will was so confused by his sexuality was genius. I see great things in his future but he will be greatly missed.

September 16, 2013 at 1:55 pm
(5) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

Guy Wilson? REALLY? Well, that’ll heat up the scene. However, I was believing once Chandler was gone we could just DO WITHOUT WILSON. NOPE I do not want to see more of the antics of WILSON. It is a TERRIBLE SPIN to put on DAYS. What these writers do most is destroy characters standings on DAYS so what makes them think we’ll go for it? They have destroyed most of the characters making them some low lives. THERE!!!! I FINALLY SAID IT….HOW LOW CAN THE WRITERS GO? Days Of Our Lives better get back to the FAMILIES of Days Of Our Lives or the LONG TERM FANS will stop watching…and THEIR YOUNGER COUNTERPARTS WILL ALSO!! ATTENTION WRITERS!!!! YOU DIS THE HANDS WHICH HAVE ROCKED THE CRADLES and Y O U W R I T E R S won’t have a “CRADLE TO ROCK”!!!!

September 16, 2013 at 6:55 pm
(6) Dave says:

I know my opinion is not popular, but I’ll be glad to see Chandler replaced. He reads cuecards too much, he smiles and grins while talking about his mother in jail. Welcome, Mr. Wilson!

September 16, 2013 at 7:07 pm
(7) Gloria says:

I was hoping they would just get rid of the “gay” boys period. I really don’t care to see two guys kissing, yes, guess I’m homophobic, but really it just doesn’t look natural and never “Will” no matter who plays the part.

September 16, 2013 at 8:16 pm
(8) Lara says:

Well Gloria #7, you have an anon outlet here don’t you. I am glad I don’t know,you, but I am sure you have lots of homophobic friends too. you probably live in a red state and go to church. But, I have to say, Days had the courage to go forward with this story line. And it has brought the snakes out from under the rocks. Cheers.

September 16, 2013 at 8:53 pm
(9) shirley says:

with peter Reckell leaveing DOOL..its not same with Bo gone,,,,please bring him back

September 16, 2013 at 11:59 pm
(10) Anne says:

I agree with Dave. Chandler is grinning through almost every line and as a result his character is very weird. Everyone going on and on about he was the BEST Will ever…I say, give the new guy a fair go at it before you make a final decision. When I looked at the pictures, I had to admit that this Guy Wilson has features that are very much like Sammy’s. The snub nose, the look through the eyes. If genetic validation is needed, I’d say he’s got it. Given the spotty writing, we’ll see how he does. Sonny has always been one of the most realistic and enjoyable characters on the show, and shockingly they give him real lines that real people would say. So I hope this new actor will get the chance to be believable to us. We’ll see.

September 17, 2013 at 2:52 am
(11) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

Hey! He isn’t the first one to play Will. However, he did get the character a leg to stand on with the mindplays he had to enact the turmoil of finding out you’re gay and trying to live “out” with family all over the place. Although the writers took a lot of care and understanding for the audience to experience how hard it is for a mother to accept or a father to accept and stand by him instead of turning their backs on him. In real life, that is NOT always the case. He made the character lovable, not perfect, but gave it all he’s got. So now Guy will make Will more believable because he’s a seasoned actor, not a rookie. He’s played a gay guy before and he can do it well.

September 17, 2013 at 10:24 am
(12) Bertie says:

Chandler Massey made the decision to leave the show. He was not kicked off! You will most likely see him in some night time show making tons of money. Be happy for him and welcome the new guy who is just trying to earn a living like the rest of us.

September 17, 2013 at 4:35 pm
(13) Joanne says:

PLEASE NOT ANOTHER GAY!! I AGREE WITH COMMENT #5 ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, GLAD MASSEY IS GONE. DROP THE GAY SCENES THEY ARE REPULSIVE!!! THAT ROYAL BLUE DRESS JENNIFER WEARS IS UNBECOMING ON HER, SHE DOESN’T HAVE THE FIGURE TO WEAR IT.

September 17, 2013 at 10:40 pm
(14) Kathy says:

Your fans in Colorado are missing many episodes of Days due to all day news coverage of the flooding here. Granted, episodes are shown at 2:15 AM, so I can’t watch. No, I don’t have a DVR so is there any way a longer explanation of the episodes be written and shown on a daily basis? The two line spoilers just don’t cut it…..thanks!

September 20, 2013 at 2:57 am
(15) amanda2833 says:

I like will horton hes a great actor. I wont like guy as will.

September 20, 2013 at 4:59 pm
(16) Janice says:

Am I missing something? Aren’t Johnny and Allie twins? Lately I’ve noticed how much bigger and older acting that Allie is compared to Johnny. Why? They’re the same age!

September 22, 2013 at 4:30 pm
(17) tommy says:

Homophobic means fear of Fags. We don’t fear them we just don’t like their lifestyle and the fact they want to impress it upon us. It is gross and discusting and a one way trip to Hell if they don’t repent.

September 22, 2013 at 4:52 pm
(18) tommy says:

What happened to Jennifer’s scar from her heart surgery, how bogus.

September 23, 2013 at 11:11 pm
(19) maria says:

I agree sick of gay scenes! Just gross. Whatever happened to the original Will? Bo needs to come back!! PR is Bo no one else!! Give the man want he wants. His & Hopes story lines have been boring/ bogus for awhile!! That blue dress on Jen is awful !

October 3, 2013 at 2:13 pm
(20) antigaysaredumb says:

I don’t care who plays Will but I like the storyline. It was kinda the same when the old Brady left, I wasn’t happy but I’m uaed to him now and like him. Been watching days since1986 and still love it. If you don’t like the gay scenes find a different soap that is as uptight and mindless as yourselves.

October 3, 2013 at 3:20 pm
(21) Sally says:

Maria,that was a terrible dress! She wore for like 5 days!

October 8, 2013 at 9:45 am
(22) SHARON says:

Didn’t “Will” actually leave because he was arrested for selling cocaine out of his apartment? Other friends I have talked to heard it on the news too.

October 10, 2013 at 3:43 pm
(23) Virginia says:

Yes,I agree,,,too much “sex”scenes.. ..for all..we know what’s going on they don’t have to be so graphic..some observations:Stephano…heh, heh, heh::EJ…mumbles::Sammy….crybaby:::Kate….head tosser:::Jennifer….always pained::::Carolyn….overacts::::dr.Jonas….odd hair?……Gabby and Abigail….too much hair::::Theresa talks through her teeth:::::Adrian and Kayla need better hair stylists::::Nicole, Hope, and Marlena great! That’s all, folks!

October 12, 2013 at 12:00 am
(24) kim says:

I hate to see will go its sad I dont know why people are bashing the gay people ive been happily married for 30 years and have to children and 1 of my childrens step daughter is a lesbian but she is a great kid that is what is wrong with this world to many stupid people good luck to the old will and we will all get used to the new will I hope gabi doesnt leave please leave the characters we stay and get jen & dr dan together

October 12, 2013 at 12:43 am
(25) gayisnormal says:

You live in the 21st Century…get your closed minded heads out of your unrealistic reality and get on board…or hey…maybe you can change the channel and watch the Duggers bring ANOTHER child in to this world (because 19 just isn’t enough) or maybe watch Sister Wives, because its ok to have more than one “wife” as long as your religion says its ok. Point is, Days of Our Lives had the nuts to add a relevant story line that mirrors the reality of our time. Not only do I applaud them for their compassion and fearlessness taking on such a subject (knowing half their audience are closed minded, judgemental idiots, who hide behind their moral ground) I celebrate every time Wilson kiss, knowing someone who thinks any type of love is disgusting or wrong is seeing it. I got to bed every night with a happy heart, knowing that my life is full and blessed with family and friends who I love based solely on the fact they are amazing in their own way and color my life more beautiful because of it. I feel certain when I go to meet my maker, (and those that have lived an alternative life style different from my own) that I’ll be judged based on how I treated people and how I loved them in my life. Its not your decision to decide what is right or wrong. Get off your high horse, I feel certain more than one person in your life doesn’t care to see you “kiss” your partner either. You’re watching a day time soap full of sin…this is an all sin is equal show!! Its about damn time…#soapsarentjustforhousewivesanymore

October 13, 2013 at 7:03 pm
(26) Daisy Byers says:

Been watching Days since 1970 and loved all the scenes with Bo and Hope and their romantic story but ….Hope has changed drastically and not that wide eyed innocent beautiful young lady she was…look back ad the pictures.

Even though I love Days, when the Marlena thing happened…I almost quit watching, it was too eerie for daytime TV Glad that is over.

Now, I love all the story line now except for Will & Sonny…oh please, I have to just get sick when they kiss or other, usually turn it off and then back on or switch the channels…can’t they forget the Will thing and let Gabi and Sonny become an item….I have seen the way he looks at her. Maybe they could fall in love since he delivered her baby and Will could get together with someone else. Thanks for listening!

But the Gay thing has got to go…I don’t care if people today accept that lifestyle or not, but if it continues I might just quit watching altogether. Things are not like they used to be…but please don’t take us gals who watched it every day since the beginning away from our beloved DAYS.

October 16, 2013 at 1:45 pm
(27) Nichole Reynolds says:

I love chandler as will horton… they have casted soe
me horrible actors for his part in the past… chandler YOU will be missed… as for new guy… when were you on breaking bad? Maybe there is hope for ya!
Thats your choice^^ if you dont like gays then turn the channel… it is what it is.. great story line days!! I love you will, gabby, sonny….

October 19, 2013 at 5:26 am
(28) Laurence H says:

Just because you want to pretend that us gays don’t exist doesn’t mean we don’t and it doesn’t mean that at least one or two gay people shouldn’t be on a television show saturated with heterosexuals engaging in premarital sex, rape, assault, and murder. If two guys kissing is your only gripe, then you have little to no gripe, other than your own homophobic and hypocritical views. Just know that your kind are dying out and this country is changing..either deal with it or change the channel, hole up in your house and close yourself off from society.

October 21, 2013 at 11:46 pm
(29) carol says:

I really do not like the new writers for this show. All the actors are leaving because they don’t like it either (is my guess) I am sick of Jen, Daniel, JJ and Theresa. Eric thinking Nicole did that horrible thing that Kristen did is a little too much. Give Nicole a break!!! She is not the evil one anymore so give her some happiness. Get the old writers back!!!

October 23, 2013 at 4:21 pm
(30) Grandma6 says:

Carol , I couldn’t agree more

October 23, 2013 at 9:15 pm
(31) Lsands says:

Actors leave soaps! It happens all the time. Chandler was the 4th Will Horton. He was a recast. I will not judge this new actor until Ive had a chance to see him on screen. Pre-judgment is a waste of my energy. He has big shoes to fill considering Chandler has won not one, but two Emmys for the role of Will Horton. Fans can be brutal to actors, especially on Soaps. The real question is the chemistry between him and Freddie. (Sonny) “Wilson” works because of the actors chemistry. Chandler and Freddie really jelled in their respective roles. I’m excited to see what Guy Wilson brings to the character, as each actor that is recast tends to bring something new. I was never fond of Chandler’s smirk, but I finally realized it is just something the actor does, probably unaware.

All I say is: Give the guy a chance Days fans. The guy that played Dr. Cameron Davis (with the chin) OMG! Facebook was lit up with complaints. They ended up replacing him. That’s just sad to me.

October 24, 2013 at 2:04 pm
(32) MV says:

Really taken aback by the number of homophobic remarks. Ignorance runs rampant still. Feel sorry for those who cannot accept people different from themselves and that showing affection makes them sick. They make me sick.

October 26, 2013 at 4:57 pm
(33) gayisnormal says:

@daisybyers, you’re the reason our world is a mess. You’ll find out who is going to hell when you meet your maker…YOU! I feel sorry for anyone (or any child you raised) who is forced to be in the presence of such a closed minded bigot. Shame on you for not accepting all gods children for who they are; its because of idiots like you that young men and women feel shamed in to hiding their true being, commit suicide etc. You are a bully, plain and simple. Thank heaven you will choose to quit watching Days! Hoorah for one less backwards fan. You disgust me. I’m embarrassed for you

October 26, 2013 at 7:37 pm
(34) Team Acceptng says:

OK ..FOR ALL OF YOU THAT DONT LIKE THE GAY SCENE OF WILL AND SONNY KISSING, DO US ALL A FAVOR, S T O P WATCHING BETTER YET… GO STRAIGHT TO HELL..NEWSFLASH.. THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY SO GET OVER IT THEN LEAVE THE STATES. TRY AFGANISTAN FOR A CHANGE.

January 8, 2014 at 2:06 pm
(35) Robert"Munch"Monches says:

I loved Massey as Will and I don’t know if I can accept someone taking his place. However, I just saw him for the first time and I will give him the chance he deserves.

January 8, 2014 at 4:15 pm
(36) Grady says:

Not gay but LIKE the gay AND gay kissing & implied sex scenes as it adds another dimension, more spice &another twist in excellent plot. Story would be blander & more usual without those. It makes their relationship more real, since we see all the heteros doing the same. No one forces you to watch. get real! ShadyGrady2014

January 8, 2014 at 10:00 pm
(37) Christie says:

The new Will Horton is horrible, he totally doesn’t fit the part at all. I’m very upset over the change, almost to the point of not watching the show any longer.

January 9, 2014 at 6:59 pm
(38) MOM says:

HEY, U MASSEY…..I miss u as Will. I WANT THE REAL WILL HORTON back now. The new guy looks horrible, UGH!!!!! Massey is real best actor……

January 15, 2014 at 2:07 pm
(39) Judie Lucas says:

Eww miss the old Will

January 15, 2014 at 11:05 pm
(40) Kat says:

The new Will is HORRIBLE !!!! He really needs to go and you need to get Chandller Massey back !!!!! This new guy is ugly and weird and hue needs to go, he is ruining the part of Will … I used to love Sonny and Wiil, they were a great couple, ow I can’t stand watching them at all, it’s just weird ….

January 16, 2014 at 5:07 pm
(41) Kerry says:

I DON’T LIKE THE NEW WILL!!!! I was very upset when I watched yesterday. I loved Cahndler as will. He had a cute roll and always put a smile on my face when him and sonny were together. I thought him and sonny worked great together,like it was natural for the both of them. Now I don’t like watching the scene of them 2. I actually fast forward it on my DVR. why change a good thing????I have been watching Days of our lives for 25 years and hate change of character. PLEASE GET CAHNDLER BACK!!!!

January 21, 2014 at 4:01 pm
(42) Carol says:

How could Days let Chandler Massey go as Will Horton, a big mistake. He is such a cute guy, plays the part well. I just get so mad when I see his replacement, he does nothing for the show. Unhappy long, long time viewer.

January 22, 2014 at 6:40 pm
(43) VJG says:

Have tried to like the NEW Will – but he isn’t anything like Chandler Massey. I didn’t like the GAY concept on my favorite day time show – but after the initial episodes with the OLD Will I accepted the concept and started to like the scenes between the Will and Sonny. SONNY now carries the show as far as the GAY scenes. The NEW Will does nothing for the GAY scenes – he’s dull and shows no feeling in his acting. A very very disappointed viewer. I am 65 and have been watching Days a long time ~never wrote a comment ~ and feel you should find a NEW Will that fits the part! Otherwise I still enjoy my hour watching everything else that is in DAYS!!

January 25, 2014 at 10:52 am
(44) Tracey says:

I thinkthe new Will Horton sucks. I do not like him as Will. The other one was an awesome actor and I will miss him. I don’t know why you had to replace him anyway.

February 12, 2014 at 11:36 pm
(45) Victoria says:

While most of the time I would skip over Will’s scenes,unless it was about him and Gabbi, I think Massey was very good at acting. The current actor needs some classes. He isn’t meshing with the cast. Nothing to do with look so anything, he just isn’t a good fit.

February 27, 2014 at 9:05 pm
(46) HP says:

The new Will is not up to par. I don’t like watching Days like I used to because of the new Will. Not sure what to do, I really cringe when I watch him. I’ve been watching the show now for 15 yrs.

March 26, 2014 at 11:57 am
(47) Adrienne says:

Happy to see ignorance is still alive and well here. If you don’t like the storyline about a gay couple, I have some advice. See there are all kinds of channels before and after NBC. Try watching one of those. I know, crazy right?? There are channels BESIDES NBC. Wild!

March 31, 2014 at 7:06 pm
(48) Steve says:

It really peeves me to hear people put down Sonny and Will’s intimate moments on the show when they are showing true affection and love toward one another. Calling that repulsive is repulsive! People who say and think like this love violence and abuse on television and movies. That to them is more acceptable and exciting! I feel showing LOVE and not hate between human beings is MUCH more precious and valuable to society. No wonder the world is sooooo scary now. Filled with hatred and violence toward those that are different from what we are lead to believe is the”NORM” . No more bigotry and hatred PLEASE!!!!!

April 15, 2014 at 1:36 pm
(49) VIRGINIA says:

I REALLY WISH YOU HAD LEFT THE OLE WILL ON, OR MAYBE IT WAS HIS CHOICE TO GO. I DO TURN MY HEAD WHEN THEY KISS..AND WHY CAN’T YOU LET JENNIFER AND DANIEL BE HAPPY FOR AWHILE..NICOLE ALSO.