1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

SOAPnet Going Off the Air in December

By November 27, 2013

The option to watch Days of Our Lives as well as other daytime dramas on SOAPnet will soon be coming to an end. The network is going off the air on December 31, 2013.

Cable providers have announced different dates that they'll  stop carrying the network.  Among them: Charter has targeted "on or after December 17. Time Warner has pinpointed "on or after December 23." AT&T U-verse has announced December 31 as its final broadcast.

While The Bold and the Beautiful will be picked up by TVGN, like it's sister soap The Young and the Restless, no station has announced a deal to carry Days or General Hospital.

SOAPnet launched on January 20, 2000 and originally aired current ABC daytime dramas as well as canceled daytime and nighttime soaps. In 2004, the network acquired the rights to broadcast Days.

Fans of Days, however, can still catch up on episodes they miss at nbc.com.

Comments

November 27, 2013 at 5:32 pm
(1) anne says:

so what channel will they be on i love this show.

November 27, 2013 at 5:34 pm
(2) anne says:

so what channel will they be on.

November 27, 2013 at 5:50 pm
(3) Amy says:

It comes on NBC during the day (1pm EST) and you can watch online.

November 27, 2013 at 9:51 pm
(4) Eleanor says:

we need another time of day to watch because sometime the programs get stopped by a special from the news rooms or the cable stops and you can catch it again at 7.00 pm so its good to have to chocies

November 27, 2013 at 10:21 pm
(5) KRL says:

This really stinks, because some of us do have to work during the day and record Days. On occasion, Days does get interrupted by a special news bulletin on NBC and we miss something good. I sure hope another network agrees to pick it up and show it at a decent time in the evenings like SOAPnet does at 8 p.m.

November 30, 2013 at 12:10 am
(6) amy says:

I really hope another station takes on days and gh….. I am watching children during the day so alot of times I am busy running children while the soaps are on. So it would be great if another channel would step up and allow soap fans to watch our soaps at a reasonable hour at night because of people have to work or are extremely busy during the day.

December 3, 2013 at 9:42 am
(7) Voice of Reason says:

When Soapnet first came on the scene, I was so excited because I knew that I would be able to catch Days if I missed it and they ran old soaps like Ryan’s Hope and Another World. Then they morphed into something I didnt want. They keep showing reruns of 90210 and One Tree Hill and stuff that I like, but I recently watched those shows, so I had no interest in seeing a rerun of those shows. In my opinion I would have preferred to see old soap operas…Santa Barbara, Sunset Beach, Edge of Night, etc. Not to mention Soapnet is one of the main reasons AMC and OLTL went off the air. People were watching them on Soapnet instead of ABC so the ratings appeared to have dropped for those shows, but it really wasnt the case…people were watching them on Soapnet. So, good riddance Soapnet! You came in and promised us good programming, but really all you did was help do away with 2 of our most beloved soaps and ran a bunch of crap shows.

December 3, 2013 at 1:55 pm
(8) Lilly says:

Ive been watching days since, 1974. I’m really disappointed about the news, will you please tell me what channel it’s going to be on.

December 3, 2013 at 2:26 pm
(9) Pam Miller says:

I like soap net it was on comcast now I miss it

December 4, 2013 at 1:22 pm
(10) leyton says:

Who will get the rights to broadcast One Tree Hill?

December 5, 2013 at 5:16 pm
(11) Jennifer says:

What I like best about SOAPnet, is I could always count on them to broadcast the whole show. I work out of the home during the day, so I look forward to relaxing in the evening by watching GH after putting the kids to bed. There is not much more frustrating than sitting down to watch the taped (or dvr’d) show, and getting “We interrupt this show to bring you a very special announcement.” No offense, but I feel like most of the time these announcements could wait until one of the many news hours that they have throughout the day. Thanks to SOAPnet, I am always able to catch the whole episode. You will be missed.

December 9, 2013 at 8:20 pm
(12) Dan and Patti says:

We too will hate to lose this .My husband is a disabled vet we started to watch this when Maggie was in the casket .We had just returned from the
VA and we’ve been hooked ever since .Watching at night makes our day
If we could not be here for regular programming. Someone please pick
Up the soap channel

December 11, 2013 at 12:41 pm
(13) Joyce Bachman says:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep Days of our lives on at night.
I have been a DAYS fans since 1965 . PLEASE find a network for this show,

December 12, 2013 at 10:20 am
(14) DONNA says:

PLEASE KEEP DAYS ON AT NIGHT. I WORK DURING THE DAY AND WATCH AT NIGHT. I’VE BEEN WATCHING SINCE THE SHOW STARTED IN 1965 AFTER RUSHING HOME FROM SCHOOL. PLEASE FIND A NETWORK FOR DAYS!!!

December 15, 2013 at 12:48 pm
(15) mindy says:

You must be kidding. What’s going on? This station has so many great programs. I am going thru withdrawals

December 17, 2013 at 11:48 pm
(16) Jackie says:

Please!!! Put Days & General Hospital back on..I work during the day like every one else. This is not fair to the working people….We need our soaps…

December 19, 2013 at 5:05 pm
(17) KJ says:

I too watch Days at night after work. Please do not cancel SOAPnet! Is there somewhere we can go to ask Disney not to do this?

December 19, 2013 at 8:15 pm
(18) Deb W says:

It stinks that they took SoapNet off at night. It really stinks that no one broadcasted it. I tried to turn it on tonight and poof!! that channel is gone! Get rid of all of the reality bs shows and leave us working people alone!!!

December 20, 2013 at 12:14 am
(19) joann hedrick says:

We need another station for the soaps. I work and I enjoy the Soapnet channel. I think this is so unfair! We do not need another Disney Channel.

This chancel works well for many of us so why get rid of it???

JoAnn

December 20, 2013 at 9:35 pm
(20) dave says:

I went to Soapnet.com and there was no info on any discontinuing there, so they may still be available online. They may get picked up on hulu plus or Netflix.

December 21, 2013 at 6:15 pm
(21) af4u says:

I love watching all the old shows like 90210 and One Tree Hill..I’m really gonna miss those shows. I can easily dvr my soaps but I’m really gonna miss those old shows!..I would love to find out who picks these shows up!

December 21, 2013 at 9:16 pm
(22) louise says:

I lWhat are they going to put on between 12mid and 6am when the kids are asleep?? why not the soaps for adults

December 23, 2013 at 3:53 pm
(23) Kayleen says:

Please bring back soap net on channel 310 , as a cable subscriber the soap net channel was the only channel i really enjoyed and i miss it terribly . Soap fans are keeps the daytime soaps going and soap net was our way to keep the shows on the air and catch up onm some of our favorite soaps when our busy work schedules would not otherwise allow us to watch these shows, So i beg you PLEAE BRING BACK SOAP NET

Signed a Devoted BUT DISGUSTED FAN
kAYLEEN

December 24, 2013 at 12:26 pm
(24) velma savoy says:

PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS I LOOK FORWARD IN WATCHING THESE SOAPS AT NIGHT!!!! I NEED SOMETHING RELAXING TO WATCH AFTER SCHOOL. HELP!!!!!!!

December 25, 2013 at 1:58 am
(25) stacie says:

Thats not right that we the viewers got no say so about killing soapnet!! Disney has lost a fan here!!!

I loved catching up on my shows late at night. As a career women that was my stress outlet!!!

NOT COOL DISNEY!!!!!

December 26, 2013 at 11:22 am
(26) Dorothy Phillips says:

Please leave days on at night. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep Days of our lives on at night.
I have been a DAYS fans since 1965 . PLEASE find a network for this show,

December 26, 2013 at 11:23 am
(27) Days fan says:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep Days of our lives on at night.
I have been a DAYS fans since 1965 . PLEASE find a network for this show,

December 27, 2013 at 11:35 pm
(28) CWP1200 says:

Please, please, please put Days back on at nights. Been watching this since high school… 1968…recorded it for decades and now retired and loved that I could watch at daytime or nighttime. Please Comcast put Days back on somewhere at night as well as daytime.

December 28, 2013 at 11:30 pm
(29) emilee says:

Ok,PLEASE AND I MEAN PLEASE do not take soapnet off the air my mother and I watch days of our lives and general hospital every single night she works all day and can’t watch during the day and I am at school so I can’t watch either I love those shows and they are literally the only television shows I watch anymore and I was very heart broken to heat that this channel wad being canceled for another Disney junior that we don’t need what kid watches tv at 8:00,9:00 or 10:00 at night it is very ridiculous! I also do not have a laptop to watch the shows on my phone is the only thing I have and I can’t even watch on my phone it makes me very sad to know soapnet is going off the air! I also watch Gilmore girls one of my old favorites only airing there as well that I have to miss for another children’s program not needed!

December 29, 2013 at 5:25 pm
(30) Tammy says:

This is an OUTRAGE!!! WTH! When an WHO decided this! I am very disappointed in this and upset soapnet is my life line… I know millions of people are upset about this so whomever decided this good job this just proves the world is changing and not for the good! Sincerely a very angry and disappointed customer/fan :( Way to start 2014!!!

December 30, 2013 at 11:26 pm
(31) katie says:

Very disappointing…..

IT is fun to watch old episodes and be able to watch the whole episode when it is interrupted by a breaking news. They alway seem to interrup General Hospital at 2:00 which is why Soap network was great. It could be seen that night.

December 31, 2013 at 1:36 pm
(32) Marsha says:

So, I finally get a day off to watch daytime Soapnet for the FINAL day only to find out they went off the air ALREADY! Devastated…love Beverly Hills 90210 and Brothers and SIsters, now I’m lost.

December 31, 2013 at 6:42 pm
(33) michelle says:

I AM SO UPSET !!! NO MORE BROTHERS AND SISTERS.
I LOVE THAT SHOW I WISH THEY WOULD HAVE A REUNION.

December 31, 2013 at 8:11 pm
(34) BJ says:

So we are willing to pay for the premiums of having stations such as SoapNet and now it is going off the air? PLEASE, keep this on the air. Having this run at night for Days and GH has been the highlight of my TV watching. I know…. so I don’t have a life… but this is all I want TV for. I’ve watched Days since 1980 and will have withdrawals!!!

December 31, 2013 at 11:51 pm
(35) Mae says:

Know how we can keep SoapNet on the air? Everyone turn your cable off for maybe 3-6 months. Think of the money they will be losing, I think we could probably expect it to be back on in maybe a month. I am willing to try it. If we all stick together, this will work. Try it. I am willing. Been watching GH since it came on the air, and tonight–poof turned it on and there was no 323.

January 1, 2014 at 2:55 am
(36) myri says:

I hope some station picks up Days. Well this is another Disney/ABC abomination the very same who canceled ALL MY CHILDREN!!! and why I do not watch ABC anymore. And now the cancellation of SoapNet. Those who work have to watch the soap at night. Well back to VCR’s.

January 1, 2014 at 12:27 pm
(37) Rosemarie Vogel says:

I can’t believe ABC again screwed it’s faithful viewers by taking off SOAPNET! I realy enjoyed the old episodes of ALL MY CHILDREN, BEVERLY HILLS 90210 but most of all GH. I am devestated ! You have already ruined my new year! I have been faithful 2 ABC for most of my 52yrs. WHY can’t you be faithful to your viewers?

January 1, 2014 at 2:59 pm
(38) Carol says:

I have watched Days since high school and cannot believe Soapnet will not be there for me to continue! Where can I go to see it if I can’t watch it during the day?? PLEASE Netflix, pick it up!!

January 2, 2014 at 1:15 am
(39) Heather says:

I am really upset! I work 10 hours a day and I always looked forward to watching Days of our lives every night when I get home since I missed it on NBC. The last thing we need is another kids channel! Please put soapnet back on I just cant stand the thought of missing it! Please Please!!!!!!

January 2, 2014 at 1:39 pm
(40) anne w. says:

I hope that another TV station will pickup DAYS OF OUR LIVES to broadcast at night, since I work during the day and don’t own a recording device.

January 2, 2014 at 8:07 pm
(41) Christopher says:

Today, January 2, 2014, Bad weather on the East Coast had our local NBC affiliate continue their STORM COVERAGE, 12 minutes into “Days Of Our Lives”, with intermittent break ins all during today’s episode. Whenever this happens I set to record the rebroadcast of the full episode on SOAP NET. My screen filled with the announcement that programming was no longer available on that channel. So I did a web search and got the bad news here. Boo!

January 3, 2014 at 8:28 am
(42) pat pilla says:

I am was so dissapointed when I tried to watch Days and General Hospital Last night on Soap Net. I cant always watch the shows during the daytime.

January 6, 2014 at 10:43 am
(43) Katie says:

You suck.i get caught up with days at night.Couldn’t you have waited till July 1.Its my senior year.Cant you put that channel on fron 757-8-57 every night.I would appreciate it.

January 10, 2014 at 9:59 am
(44) Diane Scott says:

Soapnet going off the air SUCKS! There is nothing to watch at night or on Saturday or Sunday worth watching. I loved Soapnet and hope someone else will pick up the shows I miss during the day and loved to watch at night and in the mornings on the weekend.

January 10, 2014 at 1:55 pm
(45) valerie says:

I hope some channel picks it up soon, this is not fair to us that work and can’t see it till the evening hours. PLEASE SOMEONE PICK UP THE SOAPS

January 13, 2014 at 11:07 am
(46) nicole says:

I am so lost with out my soapnet. Dose anyone know if another channel is picking them up?

January 25, 2014 at 6:30 pm
(47) liz says:

I, too, am heartbroken that they cancelled the soap channel. I now have to try to schedule doctor appointments, family commitments, etc. around gh. but, frankly I don’t think the networks read or care about what we think! how do they think yet ANOTHER cooking show is better? there’s a whole cooking network ….. why don’t they cancel that?

February 13, 2014 at 3:32 pm
(48) Marine says:

It is very frustrating, when Days of our Lives is interupted by a Special News Broadcast. When we had SOAPNET you could at least see what you missed on the same day. To see it on line you have to wait until the next day. You are not being fair to the devout watchers.

February 21, 2014 at 9:58 pm
(49) Kathy says:

Disney does not care how many people are upset about SOAPNET. They have so much money they will air whatever they want and forget the consumers!!!!