1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Janet Di Lauro

New Love Interest for Days of Our Lives' Abigail

By November 29, 2013

kate mansiCameron split Salem to join Doctors without Borders. Chad departed to receive special medical treatment. The two moves have left poor Abigail all by her lonesome, but not for long. Kate Mansi reveals there's a new love interest on the horizon for Days of Our Lives' Abigail.

"It's very interesting," teases Mansi about her character's new man. "It's a really unexpected [choice], and it's very imperfect."

Certainly sounds intriguing, and Mansi notes that it's also been quite "wonderful" to play. "I feel like I've really been challenged in my acting ability," shares Mansi, "which is a great thing for me."

Mansi won't say who Abigail's new man is, but she does reveal that it's somebody already on the Days canvas.

"The person that Abigail falls for... It's a very complicated thing," notes Mansi. "There are  new layers and she makes new discoveries about herself. It takes her down a new path. It's a new evolution."

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

November 27, 2013 at 8:40 am
(1) Fran says:

I think it would be great if Abby and Brady got together she help him from utter fall out and they become the new Super Couple
. Please don’t let it be T , Will’s friend from high school.

November 27, 2013 at 9:08 am
(2) Voice of Reason says:

Could it be Brady?

November 27, 2013 at 11:23 am
(3) cathym says:

I think it’s T, he will make her discover who she really is and make her see things different about herself, he plays that role good. He’s not shy either, he approaches women with no fear.

November 27, 2013 at 11:28 am
(4) KC says:

EJ. They are going to go all Fifty Shades of Days on us.

November 27, 2013 at 1:25 pm
(5) Laurence H says:

The really sad part is, there is NO ONE left on this show, really, so you know whoever it is, it’s gonna be some double or triple tapped ass that three of the women have already been done. It could be T, and I’m hoping it is, because on the surface, it appears he’s the only one around her age and not related to her. Brady would be gross…Daniel is out of the question..Nick’s dead (and related…I think), Will and Sonny obviously not (they’re both gay…and her first cousins..both of them. Need to spread it out a little, Days). Eric, no. Who else is there? JJ’s little emo friend with the long hair? He’s kinda cute…and drugged out. That’d be great for Abigail’s prissy persona…make her take a walk on the dark side.

November 27, 2013 at 1:46 pm
(6) Montiralei says:

I think that T is the most likely choice. As Laurence H notes, T is the only guy left in her age group who is NOT related to her. JJ’s friend, Rory, is probably too young for Abigail. . .and he already seems to be paired with Bev, anyway.

November 27, 2013 at 2:04 pm
(7) mouse says:

I hope it’s Tad too.

November 27, 2013 at 2:06 pm
(8) mouse says:

I forgot if it is Tad then there nick combo name is Tabby LOL

November 27, 2013 at 2:54 pm
(9) CAL says:

How about Justin?

November 27, 2013 at 3:58 pm
(10) Sarah says:

It’s EJ. Eric is involved with Nicole and Brady’s on drugs.

November 27, 2013 at 4:08 pm
(11) Laurence H says:

Justin’s her uncle…I mean obviously not by blood, but his wife Adrienne is her aunt, making him her uncle…that would be beyond disgusting. Never mind the fact that Days continued to expect some viewers to ignore the fact that since John was Stefano’s brother, Kristen was John’s adopted niece, making her and Brady cousins (obviously not the blood kind…but clearly the kissing kind) That’s why I mentioned what i did earlier…spread it out a little, Days..bring some more damn families in there.

November 27, 2013 at 4:35 pm
(12) Miselemeas says:

Unfortunately for all of us , I think its the English idiot boy,
who shall be nameless ,I have seen events move in that
direction, albeit subtly; Lord protect us from what is to come;;
Slainte

November 27, 2013 at 4:47 pm
(13) Maggie says:

I bet it’s either Daniel or Brady. T’s a good guess also.

November 27, 2013 at 5:58 pm
(14) kyra says:

Abigail keeps having random scenes with EJ. It could be him. It could also be T. He is someone that she never took seriously before, but maybe she figures out that she needs to lighten up and be with someone who makes her laugh.

Or she could figure out that she likes women too. Maybe it’s a woman.

November 27, 2013 at 7:02 pm
(15) frogless says:

PLEASE – PLEASE – PLEASE – do NOT let it be “T”!!!

November 27, 2013 at 11:03 pm
(16) kay says:

I think it will be Tad.

November 28, 2013 at 1:32 am
(17) Former Viewer says:

I hope it’s EJ! Free Sami.

November 28, 2013 at 9:44 am
(18) cathym says:

I hope it’s not EJ, from one brother to another? EJ loves Sami too much to cheat on her, he learned many lessons in his life to not lose her again.

November 28, 2013 at 7:35 pm
(19) Laurence H says:

He learned his lesson? Sure….that’s why he didn’t tell her that Kristen had drugged and raped Eric.

November 29, 2013 at 3:40 pm
(20) Mishha lauenstein says:

Finally, they found someone for Abe.

November 29, 2013 at 7:42 pm
(21) cathym says:

Laurence H – oops!! I forgot about that one, and it was just last week, what’s wrong with me??!! lol

December 1, 2013 at 2:45 pm
(22) Char says:

It could be the guy that wanted Sonny to go off on the trip trip with him.

December 2, 2013 at 9:52 am
(23) Adam says:

How about one of JJ Friends

December 2, 2013 at 9:56 am
(24) Marcie says:

It could be EJ he and Aby have great chemistry.I would love to see another lady crushing on EJ.Good Ejani drama.Just crushing on him,no full blown affair I love Ejami and want them to stay intact.Brady really needs to take a break women but If taken slow a realationship built on friendship might work for he and Abi.Tad is the obvious choice but Abi just seems to mature for him.

December 2, 2013 at 11:45 pm
(25) Valerie says:

It could be rafe.

December 3, 2013 at 12:56 pm
(26) mary says:

I’m betting it’s a woman.

December 3, 2013 at 1:46 pm
(27) Lilly says:

I think Brady would be wonderful.

December 3, 2013 at 2:48 pm
(28) dp1969 says:

It’s been leading up to EJ, but that is just gross! And out of character for EJ. He loves Sami too much to let her go for prissy Abigail Horton. Now if Abigail pulled an Austin on EJ that I can see, but not anything that EJ would be involved with. I guess Days has no idea how to write a couple together without adding a third person to the mix. How about some corporate stories, include the kids with bullying etc. Why does it always have to be about break up, make up, break up, make up – how about the writers think outside the box for a change.

December 4, 2013 at 3:52 pm
(29) Joanne says:

O COME ON T WOULD LOOK HORRIBLE WITH ABIGAIL GET REAL COME UP WITH ANYTHING BUT THAT, NO CHEMISTRY THERE.

December 4, 2013 at 8:23 pm
(30) Amanda R. says:

I hope and pray it’s not EJ….please don’t let it be EJ. I say it’s T, because there’s really no one else that I can possibly think of that can be a remote love interest for Abby. Oh wait, there is the guy that is (or was) JJ’s strung out friend. But that means they would have to make issues between the girl that he talks to and Abby. Days is not about that storyline life yet.

December 4, 2013 at 9:16 pm
(31) patricia says:

it’s going to be eric well thats what i read from another board

December 4, 2013 at 9:18 pm
(32) amanda walker says:

it is eric

December 5, 2013 at 1:05 am
(33) daysfordecades says:

I really hope that Abigail’s new love interest is EJ. I just have never liked Sami with EJ, it’s just not believable. Sami the Bull doesn’t make sense with EJ at all. Nothing against Alison Sweeney, but Sami’s bullish personality ruins every scene she is in. I fast forward thru her scenes with EJ. Sami and Rafe not believable either, the only one that made sense was Lucas. I liked Nicole and EJ, and loved Taylor and EJ. Would love to see EJabbi, plus it would kind of be reminiscent of Jennifer and Peter Blake. Remember that couple?

December 5, 2013 at 12:51 pm
(34) Toni says:

It is either going to be E J or T. Unless they bring a new character on scene altogether. There has been some flirtation between her and both E J and T. I do think T would be a better match for her though. He is a lot closer to her age and not near as dangerous. Though she seems to like the dark side in guys a little. But I don’t think that she would have an interest in E J after being with Chad.

December 6, 2013 at 8:34 pm
(35) Nikki says:

It’s ej. The chemistry is there! Something is going to happen I can feel it.

December 6, 2013 at 9:08 pm
(36) Dawn says:

I think it’s EJ too and THAT PISSES ME OFF! First of all, there is no chemistry there and she is a CHILD. Also, I am a big EJAMI fan and I don’t want EJ with anyone but Sami. If they put this couple together, it will be a big mistake. Just like they are putting Rafe with Jordan and they totally don’t go together AT ALL!!

December 8, 2013 at 2:27 am
(37) PHYLLIS says:

of course its ej they do have great chemiistry, maybe stefano to really stir the pot.

December 8, 2013 at 10:59 am
(38) Kathy W. says:

I am very concerned about her wt image when I can see her shoulder blade ? She looks anxnoria ?? She needs to eat something and work out to tone the muscles. I am a fan of her . She looks to thin .

December 8, 2013 at 11:02 am
(39) kathy W. says:

I think the doctor !!

December 11, 2013 at 4:56 pm
(40) bj says:

It is EJ. Definetly EJ. Have watched the show too many years not to recognize it.

December 11, 2013 at 6:33 pm
(41) Kristy says:

I love Rafe and Jordon together. Better then Rafe and Kate. He can be happy and start s family with someone, but of course the writers won’t let anyone be happy. I like the Ej and Abigail pairing but I LOVE EJAMI They belong together. I read awhile back that “a popular couple” gets Married around Valentine’s Day.

December 12, 2013 at 9:25 am
(42) EJFan says:

Aaah so she has a crush on him. What’s not to crush about? Just because she has a crush on him doesn’t mean he’d even consider returning those sentiments. Might evolve her character into someone a little more interesting. A friendship with him is what she’s going to need to get someone like Theresa out of her family anyway. Theresa is bad but EJ is badder and manages to be classy about it at the same time. EJ and Sammi will always have angst but seriously, EJ can’t get her out of his blood and has surrendered long ago to that. No one will ever be able to replace Sammi and he will go to her no matter what she does. Seems she’s finally realized the same but since they both “at their bones” are untrustworthy – yeah it’s going to always be on the edge and let’s face it we like them there as long as the bond doesn’t break.

December 12, 2013 at 3:27 pm
(43) D says:

I wish Days would bring back the romance. I’m tired of the on again off again couples. I too have seen the Abigail flirting with EJ thing. After all this time, let EJ and Sami be together. I wasn’t a fan of this couple in the beginning but now it’s right. I also think Marlena and Roman may get back together. I hope not. I also want JJ to turn Theresa in to Daniel as he could handle her. I guess I’m tired of no love stories. I’ve watch a long time and yes, I love Bo and Hope; Steve and Kayla; Roman and Marlena; Jack and Jennifer etc….but Justin was the most romantic when he and Adrienne first got together. The only happy couple is Will and Sonny. We need more than one couple together. I even remember Eugene and Calliope. C’mon Days writers. More love and humor along with intrigue and current world issues. Mix it up a bit.

December 13, 2013 at 9:42 pm
(44) Steph4days says:

Well I’m going for Brady….I think abby/brady would be a great pairing! EJAMI has to stay together, i mean look at those two together, its so great! And I’m lovin the new eric and hope that eric and nicole get back together. I think rafe and jordan are cute, but it wont last forever so bring on hope and rafe! I think Kate should get back with stefano. Will and Sonny are great! Keep Nick away and bye bye gabi! And jennifer and daniel are good together if they can give them a chance.

December 16, 2013 at 3:22 pm
(45) EJAMI Fan says:

I am so afraid that this new couple will be Abigail and EJ. I am so sick of EJ and Sami being torn apart and would just like to see them as the new evil power couple in Salem. I would like to see Sami embrace to sneaky side and stop always being conflicted. If EJ ends up starting a romantic relationship with Abigail I will stop watching the show which would be a shame since I have been watching for about 20 years since my mom would watch it. This plot makes my stomache turn since she just dumped his brother who took her virginity and he already has kids with Sami who Abigail babysits on ocassion so it gives me that creepy molester vibe.

December 16, 2013 at 4:49 pm
(46) Phyllis says:

Im Getting tired Of the Dan and Jennifer Love carousel. I wish the writers Would either Bring them together for good or find other love interests.Its too drawn out and very boring.

December 16, 2013 at 5:46 pm
(47) mana says:

It’s Ej for sure! Gut churning at the thought of it! YUK! poor ej

December 17, 2013 at 2:58 am
(48) Freda says:

I pray that Abigail’s new love interest isn’t EJ iChat wouldn’t be cool. She just broke up with Chad. Sammi and EJ belong together. Abby is too young for EJ not cool all

December 17, 2013 at 9:34 am
(49) Days Fan says:

Unfortunately, I also think it is EJ. There have been too many “meetings” lately with no real merit.

December 17, 2013 at 2:56 pm
(50) Carrie says:

I do think it is EJ. They are meeting too many times lately but he is more like her father than a hook-up …yuck! Hope and Rafe…Hmmm. Let’s finally get Dan and Jen together and let them be happy for more than 2 days, too much time apart.

December 21, 2013 at 1:43 am
(51) suki says:

Isn’t anyone old enough to remember Julie and Doug while Doug was married to Julie’s mother. Wouldn’t it be a hoot if Abs and Dr. Dan become an item? They did this once before and it worked so well. Jen in battle with daughter over lover. It would give Jen a story with no more moping around – Dan would be as sexy as he was with Cloe while she was engaged to Lucas – Abigale would be an emotional wreck. Allthis would be a bonus for HR’s Ann and and for evil Theresa. Feedback from those who are older than 50 and remember please.

December 21, 2013 at 9:05 pm
(52) Belinda says:

Abby and EJ? Is that a joke? I can see Abby and Brady, they’re gonna unDiMera him for a reason but I really wish it was Abby and T. T’s beyond adorable and has a great sense of humor, acts his age and could lighten Abby up, something Abby desperately needs.

December 24, 2013 at 10:59 pm
(53) Snook says:

PLEASEEEEEEE. Don’t let it be EJ! Not EJ!

December 25, 2013 at 8:09 pm
(54) michelle says:

i dont like sami and ej together anymore

December 27, 2013 at 1:51 am
(55) Michele says:

I think that Days is going to put Abigail and Brady together. She needs to tale a walk on the wild side and see what life has to offer. Right now she is too much like her mother, Jennifer.

December 27, 2013 at 4:21 am
(56) Laura says:

Maybe it’s Theresa! Good girl with bad girl!

December 27, 2013 at 6:48 pm
(57) Pam Cummings says:

Hate to say it EJ it never ends with the writers who cant be original

December 27, 2013 at 10:07 pm
(58) gail says:

I Just hope it’s not EJ or Daniel. EJ and Sami belongs together and Daniel and Jen belongs together. They really need to bring the real Bo back to Hope.

December 27, 2013 at 10:44 pm
(59) brenda says:

Please don’t let it be EJ. We waited to long to see EJ and Sami together.
They are perfect for each other. They have kids together and they have
loved one another for years. Please don’t mess with true love. Days needs this on their show, to have EJ and Sami together with their kids as a real family.

December 28, 2013 at 5:13 am
(60) VK says:

why are they putting EJ and Abigail together I think Sami and EJ need to stay together they are a perfect couple / Abigail should have an affair with Teresa ex boyfriend.This would make more interesting and give Teresa a taste of her own medicine.

December 28, 2013 at 4:40 pm
(61) Jacki George says:

I think Abigail new love will be EJ Dimera. I like to see Sami with Rafe.

January 2, 2014 at 11:59 am
(62) sherry says:

I bet its the pharmacy rep her mom just went out with

January 3, 2014 at 9:46 pm
(63) Ash says:

its ej….i dont know how i feel about this story line… mean ejami were finally happy…y cant they be happy jeez…

January 4, 2014 at 10:08 pm
(64) EJFan says:

Blaaa at the preview of them… and double blaaa if they have her get pregnant then try to blame it on Chad or whatever. Dish decided to drop SoapNet so it’s harder for me to keep up and not really into this story line anyway.

January 5, 2014 at 11:18 am
(65) Maggie says:

Abby is nothing but a slut if she goes after EJ.

January 6, 2014 at 12:13 am
(66) car says:

it is EJ after watching dool for many years…. you figure it out

January 6, 2014 at 6:53 pm
(67) Kay Lee says:

I’m so excited about Abigail and EJ…so sick of EJ and Samantha. she’s too old for him. I hope and pray that the writers keep the love between EJ and Abigail for at least a year! I’m dying for Abi to have a really deep developed love affair and I would like to see EJ have a new challenging lover other than the over played and repeated scenes of EJ and Samantha. Many of us female viewers want to see another side to EJ other than Samantha Brady!

January 6, 2014 at 7:56 pm
(68) Ruth says:

Find someone else EJ is taken he will always be Samis

January 6, 2014 at 8:21 pm
(69) Me says:

I can’t believe they actually paired Ej and Abigail. Didn’t Sami just tell Ej that she didn’t want to be at the alter and something stop the wedding? What did Ej say? “That will never happen”….. He just made that happen with that kiss…. Ughhhh

So upset!!!

January 7, 2014 at 12:43 am
(70) barbara says:

totally disgusted w this trn…..Ejami 4ev <3

January 7, 2014 at 12:45 am
(71) TiaJuanita says:

EJ and Sami the perfect couple? They are the BICKERSONS, they have lust for each other, that isn’t love. But neither of them can stand to see the other with someone else either. I think the Abigail EJ pairing is going to be great fun and add a lot to the show. Sparks and that stuff hitting the fan. I was so glad to see it today, loving this show!

January 7, 2014 at 2:05 pm
(72) Tami says:

Of all the women on DOOL EJ could have slept with….ABIGAIL????!!!! Yuk. Manzi is so unattractive with a giant head and those Elsie-the-cow-facial features on a boyish, scrawny body. Sorry for the run-on sentence, but grrrrrrr…yuk and double yuk. She cannot even act. Ohhhhh, Sami will tear her apart. Please writers, do not even imply or suggest that Abigail is the femme fatale now….she is insipid without spirit….where is the fire? This “steamy”, sex scene?….well, it lost all its vapor……no Sami, she!

January 9, 2014 at 2:45 pm
(73) vanae tyler says:

I cant believe that EJ and Abigail made love isn’t she young enough to be his daughter??? I am disgusted I have watched this show from the beginning but I am through!!!!!

since EJ and Sami have kids together couldn’t you at least keep one couple together that have kids????

January 9, 2014 at 2:47 pm
(74) vanae tyler says:

January 10, 2014 at 12:03 pm
(75) Joan says:

Abigal and EJ are a brilliant idea! The writers finally have something! This pairing is the best since Jen and Jack!!! That was when soaps were at their prime! It works, there is chemistry, there is complexity, that’s what makes a relationship intriguing people!! It makes fans want to come back to see more! The script was honestly becoming quite boring and monotonous! Thank you to new writers for bringing sexy back!!

January 12, 2014 at 10:34 pm
(76) Linda says:

I think EJ and Abigail together is absolutely crazy. They don’t match at allllll and she is to young for him. I don’t know who thinks up such sick stuff. Please go back to the old times and get back some of the great actors, like Bo.

January 13, 2014 at 1:07 pm
(77) La Boheme says:

I beg to disagree, Joan, but there is not one sexy bone in Abigail’s body. Beauty is not necessarily a sexual attribute….nonetheless, this girl has neither. There is no chemistry there, no passion, no intensity….just a lackluster encounter. Bon Dieu, you truly have no idea what sexy is. Abigail has the sexual charm of a doorknob. Another thing?! I do not think that EJ is that much older than Abigail……at least, not old enough to be her father. There will never be another EJ and Sami on DOOL…..Now, that’s sexual tension; that’s chemistry. Abigail is just there, occupying space and getting between me and my TV screen…I know, I know, I am a really mean B…..it’s okay, I know…but Abigail is just blah, blah, blah…..show me some spunk! Perhaps if that bovine face did not make me think of a dairy farm or hear moos coming from the meadow I would have a different perspective…but, I will not apologize for my opinion!!!!!. Mark my words, Sami is not easily fooled.

January 13, 2014 at 4:00 pm
(78) La Boheme says:

The irony in what I have written is that Kate Manzi is Italian..(..we are paesani…..oh, whoopee!!!!!!!) and the translation of the word manzi (masculine plural of the noun manzo) into English means beef, as in oxen, cow(s), bull(s) etc. I didn’t even realize this until now….how rich!!!!!’

January 22, 2014 at 1:09 pm
(79) jillfty says:

I agree with Tami 100 per. Abigail is a dog!!! The ugliest out of all the females on the show ( maybe except Ann the Barbara Streisand with Medusa hair) Abby and Ej make me sick she is a home wrecking slut. He needs to stay with Sami

February 16, 2014 at 6:26 am
(80) lisa says:

Loving EJ & Abby! Wish they would put my fav couple back together Dan & Jen!!! There always have to be a 3rd wheel somewhere. Can’t u guys write a love story w/out 3rd wheel inserts? Something or someone has always come between Dan & Jen. They are beautiful & funny together!! I can’t & won’t accept them with anyone else but each other, so I would definitely have to tune out cause watched show for Jen, never liked her w/Jack, but got hooked on her and Daniel!!!