1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days' Freddie Smith: "I Was Nervous" About Will Recast

By December 24, 2013

Freddie SmithGuy Wilson's debut as Days of Our Lives' new Will (January 8) is fast approaching, and viewers aren't the only ones anxious about the recast. Freddie Smith (Sonny) admits the prospect of connecting with a new love interest was daunting for him, too.

"I was nervous going into it," concedes Smith, who worked with Chandler Massey for the past two-and-a-half years. "But Guy Wilson is a great actor and person."

Smith did his best to bond with his new love interest immediately.

"We actually got lunch and hung out a couple of days before our first episode," he says. "Then, the week we started work together, we hung out every day. We really tried to get to know each other as quickly as possible and tried to get right into [Will and Sonny's relationship]."

Did Smith offer Wilson any pointers about taking over the role?

"Just to be himself, work hard and have fun," shares Smith. "If you do that, you blend right in with Days."

While Wilson doesn't air until January, he has been taping for several months. And, according to Smith, he's offering his own take on Will.

"Guy is his own person, so he's bringing something new to the character; his own little flavor," notes Smith. "Will is is getting older and evolving.  Guy has definitely put his own little twist on who the character is."

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Chris Haston

Comments

December 24, 2013 at 5:47 pm
(1) Brady says:

Boring tell us more crap and lies Freddie why don’t you. Just give people more and more reason to want to quit lets see you and Guy at lunch and maybe we can believe you

December 24, 2013 at 5:47 pm
(2) Me says:

Not AGAIN that same old PR crap! Please! Thank you. Fans are not dumb!

December 24, 2013 at 5:48 pm
(3) Wendy says:

I give this new guy about 2 months before fans and days get sick of him and then give up on the story for good

December 24, 2013 at 6:59 pm
(4) kay says:

Looking forward to seeing how Guy Wilson plays the character of Will. I hope the WilSon relationship continues to grow and get stronger with time. I hope Freddie and Guy will be able create the same kind of magic that Chandler and Freddie did.

December 24, 2013 at 7:05 pm
(5) Tracy says:

I agree Wendy Id be surprised if he isn’t fired within the first few weeks and Freddie will be free to leave the show

December 24, 2013 at 7:40 pm
(6) Danny says:

If that picture between them is anything to go by their chemistry will be stone cold hope the love triangle will happen so Sonny can find another man and Guy can p*** off this role is beyond his capabilities

December 24, 2013 at 8:56 pm
(7) EA says:

And remember there was another Kate once and would we ever want the old one back? We all know Peter Reckel is the true Bo but for me Robert Kelker Kelly did an incredible job in that one era. Unless someone has insider info, really not sure how you absolutely know you’ll be against the new Will.

December 24, 2013 at 10:47 pm
(8) Laura says:

I’m looking forward to seeing what Guy Wilson can bring to the role. Change is hard but as a soap fan it’s something you get used to.

December 24, 2013 at 11:16 pm
(9) John says:

The criticism for Guy Wilson across social network has been extreme but its been well deserved as he has not made his presence welcome and he’s pissed a lot of ppl off especially fans. That’s what happens when you lie Corday and Meng and you will get your karma when people turn off their tvs and your show folds.

December 24, 2013 at 11:27 pm
(10) Mark says:

Just another desperate attempt from another journalist thinking they can put an article out on a holiday so it will avoid scrutiny. Last time it was Thanksgiving, this time Christmas Eve. The PR machine at Days is working overtime to try and promote this guy. Why didn’t they ever promote Wilson? Because there was no need to Chandler and Freddie sold the story onscreen but they were seemingly never allowed to promote together. Keep rolling out the articles day after day and provide us pictures that show no chemistry between the 2. I swear Gabi and Will had more chemistry than these 2 had in that picture from the other day and that is saying something

December 24, 2013 at 11:40 pm
(11) Sandra says:

And the award for the biggest load of crap of 2013 goes to … Freddie Smith. Seriously Freddie lets see some evidence you are friends with Guy like a pic or a tweet or something anything. Just one lie after another from days Freddie seems to be thinking of his career and protecting his image instead of being honest because fans see right through it

December 24, 2013 at 11:48 pm
(12) Jordan says:

The “criticism for Guy across social network” is nothing but a bunch of made-up nonsense. Just a few people trying to create something out of nothing. Anyway, good luck with that! In a couple of weeks, while a handful of folks are still bitching and moaning, the rest of us will be enjoying the next chapter of this awesome love story!

December 25, 2013 at 12:02 am
(13) Tricia says:

Freddie you’re not fooling anyone “hanging out every day” funny as we haven’t seen any evidence. Funny how people try to say Freddie didn’t hang out with Chandler despite evidence and everytime we saw them they were happy and smiling and it was real. Everything we’ve seen with Guy and Freddie has been forced and hard to believe. Soaps make a liar out of people and its getting quite comical Freddie

December 25, 2013 at 12:03 am
(14) Art says:

Why question Freddie’s comment about being friends with Guy? As if he owes you that. You are sounding ridiculous. Chandler and Freddie didn’t tweet to each other over their 2.5 years. Did they ever appear to gether? Not much. I think the real load of crap is flowing straight from you, not Freddie.

December 25, 2013 at 12:06 am
(15) brad says:

Your right Jordan. Something tells me these comments are coming from the same person. Especlially the first few. Look at the times. Excited to see the story continue!

December 25, 2013 at 12:07 am
(16) Sandra says:

And now the award for the second biggest loap of crap goes to Jordan. Do your research please Guy has not been well received if you bothered to take notice have you seen the articles or do you not read? It wont go away as people wont watch you know it so don’t pretend you don’t know just a few out there are afraid this guy will suck so bad that they break them up quicker than the photographer in their next picture together says ‘cheese’.

December 25, 2013 at 12:09 am
(17) Jordan says:

The “criticism for Guy across social network” is nothing but a bunch of made-up nonsense. Just a few people trying to create something out of nothing, just like all the negative comments posted here. Anyway, good luck with that! In a couple of weeks, while a handful of folks are still bitching and moaning, the rest of us will be enjoying the next chapter of this awesome love story! And we’ll be rooting for the actors and the storyline to succeed, not fail.

December 25, 2013 at 12:10 am
(18) Art says:

I wonder what Freddie and Guy think about these sour puss ex-fans. Probably already grown tired of it and prefer to focus on making the new version of WilSon a hit.

December 25, 2013 at 12:12 am
(19) Sandra says:

Now Brad you sound pathetic accusing comments from different people being the same. Perhaps you are more than one person as those comments came around the same time just accept it that there are people who like him and people who cant stand him. If you don’t like that don’t come on here and read and make allegations just to seem like the cool kid

December 25, 2013 at 12:35 am
(20) Sal says:

Guy Wilson’s stalker, hater, and hacker, Isabelle is at it again posting under multiple multiple names on About.com again. Get a shrink, weirdo. Your anti-Guy Wilson blog is pathetic.

December 25, 2013 at 12:50 am
(21) Thunder says:

Lets hope he doesn’t do the perverted bed scenes. Makes you want to puke. Quack Quack

December 25, 2013 at 1:05 am
(22) Jordan says:

Thank you for your comments, Sandra. I understand that some have genuine trepidation about Guy taking over the role of Will. However, the reality is that with Days taping so far ahead, Guy isn’t going anywhere for a while, if at all. Of course, if Guy’s performance or his chemistry with Freddie is not to your liking, you are free to stop watching. I personally have faith in Guy’s and Freddie’s ability, and I look foward to seeing them work together! I believe we will all be pleasantly surprised! In any case, I am choosing to root for the actors and the storyline to succeed, not fail!

December 25, 2013 at 1:27 am
(23) Sandra says:

Sal could you refrain please if possible from making accusations against people posting under multiple names its actually quite sad. Perhaps one could argue you are Guys boyfriend and wanting to stand up for him but face it a lot of people don’t like him and never will and yes Jordan I wont watch next year like a lot of others. Its easy to have faith in someone but I don’t support a homophobe playing a gay role on top of everything else and that is my right to. If only Freddie or someone from the cast had addressed that issue publicly along with other things hes done then perhaps some already hurting over Chandlers firing would be more receptive. But they showed how much cowards they really are thus losing the trust of the viewer. Yes viewers the ones who will vote if the show stays on longer or Corday and Meng get their karma

December 25, 2013 at 4:01 am
(24) Me says:

This is one lazy article! Come on, it’s just quotes that we’ve seen posted before! I’d rather read articles like this one – http://greginhollywood.com/the-2013-greggys-tv-couple-of-the-year-are-will-horton-and-sonny-kiriakis-of-days-of-our-lives-94045

And Brady, it is NOT Freddie who is lying. I’m sure he (and other cast) can’t stand Guy but are made to say nice things, coz they want to keep their job! Guy has been nothing but bad with his attitude and comments/tweets and is a total attention-seeker.

Art (14), if Freddie and Chandler have done close to no WilSon promotion in 2,5 years then that’s because they were not allowed to. How come you never see either of them been asked why that is? Don’t tell me people have not noticed how much TPTB have worked hard to keep Freddie and Chandler from showing up off set and publicly together! Only cash paying fans have managed that it seems.

December 25, 2013 at 4:27 am
(25) Tom says:

I feel like I’m reading the same articles over and over about this situation. Why are they pushing so hard for this guy? Is he not as good as they thought and that’s why they have to have so much of the cast say how good he is without just letting the audience decide if he’s good or not? I don’t get it…

December 25, 2013 at 5:37 am
(26) Rachel says:

Dear Janet Di Lauro,

Is this the missing words from Freddies last article with you as you do realise he is in Ohio and has been for 4 days? It seems like more of the same stuff trying to make us believe that its all good between him and Guy but we know better. That picture on the bench showed what we already knew its just about saving his job for Freddie.

But is this how its going to be everytime Freddie goes away or theres a holiday, slip another article under our noses thinking no one will notice. Interesting that this comes out the day before Christmas and the day an episode of Freddies other project Addicts Anonymous comes out. Last time wasn’t it Thanksgiving you fed us more PR crap.

How about Freddie does an interview in front of a camera so we can actually hear his words instead of relying on written words we’ve heard before oh and don’t forget the word ‘phenomenal’ he supposedly used about Guy which he and Chandler used towards each other. Did he say that or did you?

Bottom line what days are selling we aren’t buying. If they are trying to promote like crazy to cover up their mess they’re doing a crappy job so far. Guy Wilson must be the most incredible actor who ever lived or actually maybe not and that is why they are building him up to be a legend.

But the cast unlike Young and the Restless don’t have the courage to speak publicly about the situation so they must be pretty scared for their jobs. Just wonder how they really feel behind the scenes and what kind of stranglehold Ken Corday has over them and the media

December 25, 2013 at 9:32 am
(27) gidi says:

why bot believe freddie?

December 25, 2013 at 11:15 am
(28) Kathy says:

Maybe if Greg Meng and. Ken Corday did not treat Chandler so badly I might have been inclined to give the recast a chance. But between the lousy way they let him go and what seems the constant effort they keep putting forth at trying to convince us as to how wonderful the recast is, it has made me so un-interested in this recast and the continuance of the story I will no longer be watching after January 2nd. They will never be able to recreate the wonderful chemistry that Freddie and Chandler had, and that is what made this couple so wonderful and exciting to watch. I started watching days after 20 years hiatus specifically because of Chandler as the character of Will, have no interest in some one else interpretation of it, no matter how much management keeps trying to convince me otherwise. If they wanted fans to stay with the show so much they would have kept Chandler until his contract ended and let him leave professionally, like the two time Emmy winner he is.

December 25, 2013 at 11:25 am
(29) Rachel says:

Well Said Kathy, I don’t even need to leave a comment anymore, you took it right out of my mind.

December 25, 2013 at 11:41 am
(30) Lee says:

We can’t expect Freddie or any of the cast to say anything negative of course. Guy has proven he’s an immature homophobe with his tweets. If any other actor playing a role like Will Horton had tweeted the crap Guy did they would have been quickly taken to task. That the show allows him to run rampant shows just how low TPTB are. I could continue to watch for Freddie but why? He will always have work. Really posting a picture of this creep in the same pose and same tank as Chandler? He will never come close to the caliber of actor or even person that Chandler is. Wilson is over the day of Chandlers last air date. It is obvious from the most recent picture of Freddie and Guy together that they don’t have it.
Unlike the sycophants that are lining up to kiss Guys ass…stalking him in Hollywood. And those that claim to love and know Chandler but have moved on. Thank god your not my friends! I would hate to count on you. TPTB are counting on you though along with the homophobes that wish Will and Sonny would just go away.

December 25, 2013 at 11:49 am
(31) JWS says:

All this hate on someone we havent even seen on screena and hass apologized over 7 over again for his Tranny comments

Its sad that all some can do is bash Guy and Freddie. Grow up.

December 25, 2013 at 12:03 pm
(32) Lee says:

Oh I knew JWS would be right there. John not one single person has said they hated Guy….not one. Get your accusations right. Also not one person has bashed Freddie…not one. What are you so afraid of? Why are you so loyal to Guy? Did Chandler not tweet you or something? He apologized once for his tweets. What else has he done? Do you always kiss up to those that bully you? Maybe you should grow up and stop antagonizing people.

December 25, 2013 at 12:15 pm
(33) JWS says:

Lee that is rich playing the victim from someone who has trashed Guy since the start. How about being Open Minded.

Chandler QUIT

Guy was HIRED

Its no grand conspiracy

December 25, 2013 at 12:21 pm
(34) JWS says:

FYI:

Unless you are a Nielsen Family what you watch wont matter at all to Days Ratings. So this whole if we all dont wantch Guy will get fired is complete and utter BS

But nice try Haters

December 25, 2013 at 12:48 pm
(35) saz says:

Geez, the poor guy hasn’t even aired yet and people are being critical! Give him a chance for cripe sake! It takes a while for a new actor to get into a role, so please don’t make a judgement for a couple months, at least.
Chandler chose to leave and at least they re-cast Will, so let’s give him a chance!

December 25, 2013 at 1:44 pm
(36) Tom says:

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if they wound up writing them off the show. Gabi/Camila’s leaving, most likely along with Nick/Blake, and that’s basically who their stories revolve around so I don’t see them having any story. They already have a kid and they’re getting married, which is basically a kiss of death on the show because we know they won’t break them up, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they get the extreme back burner and become the gay Doug/Julie, or get written out of the show.

December 25, 2013 at 2:01 pm
(37) JWS says:

Ive had that same concern Tom

I wonder if they are recasting Gabi or how she will exit

December 25, 2013 at 4:23 pm
(38) EA says:

Not one person here has seen Guy act as Will yet unless they’re part of the DAYS staff so I’m happy those that bash are clairvoyant, haha. And who knows, I very well may not stand him but I’ll wait to see him perform. :D

December 25, 2013 at 4:47 pm
(39) Shawn says:

Im guessing no boners and no hickeys next year and I highly doubt Will would be staring at Sonnys fine ass either or the other way around. But I also guess all the women who watch this show wouldn’t have noticed that seems only men can see it

December 25, 2013 at 6:17 pm
(40) Vicky says:

JWS knew you would show up here soon. Either you’re Guy Wilsons boyfriend or his dad but please stop trying to defend him hater

You are known for spreading your hate and yet you defend someone who also spread their hate get a grip

And Janet Freddie is on holiday give him a break and stop putting words in his mouth unless he never really did this interview

December 25, 2013 at 6:24 pm
(41) James says:

I really don’t want them to do a wedding without chandler :( don’t think ill be able to watch someone else do it

December 25, 2013 at 7:52 pm
(42) Natalia says:

Kathy said: “Maybe if Greg Meng and. Ken Corday did not treat Chandler so badly I might have been inclined to give the recast a chance.”

You might be inclined to give the recast a chance? How magnanimous of you. Kathy – who the hell are you that anyone gives a stuff?

Some of you people are seriously strange. Oh – before you can say it – yes, I must be Guy Wilson’s boyfriend or dad or something.

December 25, 2013 at 9:20 pm
(43) Me says:

Hunh?! Who is saying that?! – “So this whole if we all dont watch Guy will get fired”…

I won’t watch Guy next year not to get him fired (guess I don’t have that power) and not because I know he’ll suck at being Will (I have no knowing of that and don’t care to find out), but because of the image I get from him through his tweets and the exaggerated promotion of him. Something is just not right about this!

And Kathy, I agree with everything you said too!

And Natalia, I’m with Kathy, if all of this hadn’t happened the way it did (Chandler being fired, GW being nuWill leaked weeks too early, GW self-promoting himself so much and trying to appear like Chandler.., nobody giving a crap what Freddie wanted..), I would have been inclined to watch after January 2nd too. Now, not so much. Not at all in fact. And the one for who this sucks the most, is Freddie. It breaks my heart! And I don’t need to give Guy a chance if I don’t want to! He has enough worshippers to do that.

December 25, 2013 at 9:22 pm
(44) Me says:

JWS – how do you know Chandler quit and wasn’t fired?

December 25, 2013 at 9:34 pm
(45) JWS says:

Chandler said he quit to Michael Logan in TV Guide. He even admitted that he asked to leave early

So I believe what Chandler says

Im glad Wilson continues.

I dont know Guy, Chandler or Freddie but am a fan of the characters
Im happy the roles and romance will continue

December 25, 2013 at 9:42 pm
(46) JWS says:

So to those who condem Guy for his tweet which he apologized for, have u ever made a mistake? Have U ever said something stupid U wish U could take back? I know I have. No body is perfect. I think we need to remember that & ask ourselves If i said something and apologized and meant it, would I want that apology accepted?

December 25, 2013 at 10:24 pm
(47) Brady says:

JWS did you believe Chandler when he said we wouldn’t see a bedroom scene again without him?

Face it you don’t know anything so stop trying everytime there is an article to make up things. Chandler was fired and you know it he was given no notice whatsoever neither was Freddie. They aren’t going to tell you what happened until they are ready and you are the last person in the world they will be telling

December 25, 2013 at 10:29 pm
(48) Nicky says:

Chandler told me in Chicago he once flew on a spaceship to Mars and I believed him. Please John stop believing everything you read from Meng you really need to accept the truth maybe you are really Meng in disguise

Wilson doesn’t continue it dies with Chandler and an absolute cry baby takes over and helps the show get cancelled

December 25, 2013 at 10:41 pm
(49) JWS says:

Chandler said at the emmys he was quitting

Then told TV Guide he asked to leave early & Days agreed if they can find a recast. Which they did.

I believe Chandler

As far as the bedroom scene. He saud there would be a wilson bedroom scene with the recast

Chandler never said that there was n Wilson bed room scenes with him & Freddie before he finishes airing. Fans just infered that IMHO

December 25, 2013 at 11:00 pm
(50) Nicky says:

Seriously JWS he did not say he was quitting it wasn’t decided how difficult is that to get it through your head

They didn’t find a recast in time as you know what Freddie told fans about how that happened. You must be the last person in the world to understand what it takes others 5 seconds to maybe you could your put your investigative expertise to some use and become days official reporter it will be all be one sided Im sure

December 25, 2013 at 11:06 pm
(51) JWS says:

I think you got that backwards

Chandler said he was leaving & even tod TV Guide in August that HE ASKED to be let out of his contract early. So Ur calling Chandler a LIAR Too???

As for recasts its very common for the casting calls to use Code names to mask who the show is recasting to keep it from leaking out. All the soaps do this and AMC recently did this when it aged and recast alot of roles for the online debut

December 26, 2013 at 2:34 am
(52) Tricia says:

As usual I think you got it backwards JWS

Get a life and stop speaking on behalf of Corday and Meng its becoming so predictable from you. Noone asks to be let out of their contract early when Chandler was never going to start school before January and had nothing else on apart from perhaps acting auditions.

Plus no one asks to be not paid for 3 months but don’t let it get to your head JWS keep on living this fantasy that you know everything because you read. If you love reading so much read this STOP REPEATING THE SAME THING

December 26, 2013 at 4:05 am
(53) Rachel says:

I’ll be glad when Guy finally takes over the role so this small group of haters (it’s seriously like the same 5-7 people if that) of Guy will finally tune out and shut up! That is…unless they just feed off negative energy and want to sound like petulant children who are constantly crying and complaining because they aren’t getting their way and refuse to even give the new guy a chance because they are biased as all get out. Nah…that can’t be it…

Don’t like it? Don’t like Guy? Don’t watch and seriously please move on with your lives. Let the hate go, people. You’re just making yourselves look just as immature as those who can’t stand to watch two men kissing. Sheesh!

December 26, 2013 at 4:16 am
(54) Kate says:

I’ll be glad when Guy takes over the role so this small group of his lovers (it’s seriously like the same 5-7 people if that) who will finally see how crap he is and shut up!

That is unless they continue to defend him day after day after day after day.

Don’t like that people don’t like him? Don’t read the articles and seriously move on with your lives you’re just as immature as the people who want all the other characters off the show!

December 26, 2013 at 4:44 am
(55) Rachel says:

Thank you, Kate, for proving my point. Good luck with getting on with your life. Hopefully one day you’ll look back and see how ridiculous it ever was to get all upset over this whole thing. Best wishes. :)

December 26, 2013 at 7:06 am
(56) Me says:

JWS – Chandler never said he was quitting at the Emmy’s press thing. He was asked if he had plans after his contract ended in DECEMBER! In June he wouldn’t have known if he was going to be kept or not, so he mentioned his plans for after December, if his contract wasn’t going to be extended (either by his wish or by TPTB). I think it’s fair to have plans when you don’t know if you’ll still have a job after your foreseen end of contract. He never said he wanted to quit DAYS, just having plans in case he wasn’t going to stay.

And I agree with Brady. JWS, you have never directly talked to CM or FS have you? And yes you are making up stuff. And I am wondering why. Why are you so adament about Chandler that he wanted to leave early!? Is that what YOU wanted?.. Did you want Chandler out?

Those that are SO IN LOVE WITH Guy and keep tweeting him about not being able to wait for him to show his face in January and the same people keep saying how much they love Chandler and will miss him, but then tweet Guy AND Chandler together about being so so so eager to see Guy showing up on DAYS… How damn cruel is this! You want the WilSon storyline to continue, fine. But be honest, you don’t give a crap about Chandler (nor Freddie) and possibly not even Guy.

December 26, 2013 at 12:07 pm
(57) JWS says:

Chandler said to TV Guidr look it up the interview is still there. That HE gave notice and then asked TO LEAVE EARLY

CHANDLER wanted To LEAVE

Plain & Simple

CHANDLER doesnt owe to anyone to be Will for the rest of his life. He has every right to move on.

Hating Guy just because he is the new Will is getting OLD. I have seen more hateful and hurtful things said about Guy here that is far worse IMO than his Tranny comment

I believe Chandler’s interview in TV guide because it was in his words. Michael Logan at TV Guide is pretty fair and pulls no punches. I found Chandler’s answers to be very candid and I see no reason not to believe what he said.

December 26, 2013 at 12:10 pm
(58) JWS says:

From TVGuide.com
Dated August 28, 2013

TV Guide Magazine spoke with Massey, who has had a few days to deal with the news and is clearly taking the high road. “I’m actually glad things went down the way they did,” Massey tells us. “I appreciate the producers for letting me out of my deal early because I can now pursue other opportunities I couldn’t under contract. And, really, I want what’s best for the show and the character. I’m honored to have played Will’s coming-out story, and really proud of the Will and Sonny romance. It’s important that they pass the torch to another actor and continue the story.”

December 26, 2013 at 3:19 pm
(59) Kate says:

No Rachel thankyou for proving my point

JWS do you actually have a life? Would you stop repeating the same old thing you sound like Freddie go back to your husband Guy because no one wants to hear what you have to say. He was fired everyone knows it and a loser has taken over so please no one believes a word you say

December 26, 2013 at 3:47 pm
(60) Wendy says:

From the Michael Fairman interview, we know that Will will not be recasted. Corday also said that the door will always be open to Chandler… hence, he will not be “killed off.”

Seems like Will wasn’t going to be recast then he was but why did they change we never got a reason why cant be because of a wedding because they weren’t going to do that either.

Therefore they fired Chandler Massey for a reason

December 26, 2013 at 5:06 pm
(61) JWS says:

Days decided to continue the story which is a good thing and Freddie gets to keep his job

Im happy Wilson continues on

December 26, 2013 at 6:08 pm
(62) Brandon says:

I love that Freddie and Guy have hung. I’m excited to see Guy in just a few weeks! I have no doubt he’ll do Will justice. It won’t be the same as Chandler but why would we want Guy to be just like Chandler? I’m just beyond thrilled that WilSon is continuing and I can’t wait to see what the future hold for WilSon in 2014!

December 26, 2013 at 6:18 pm
(63) Amy says:

I don’t really watch the show for WilSon, but I’m super glad that Will was a recast of Will. I started really watching the show about the time Will was born, so I would had really miss him being on the show.

Yes I will miss Chandler Massey, but at the same time I look forward to seeing Guy Wilson too. I wish only the best for both actors.

December 26, 2013 at 6:40 pm
(64) Dee says:

I agree Brandon. All this hate for guy when he hasn’t even had a chance to prove himself on screen yet. Every actor needs a few months to settle into a role but he seems to be thrown in at the deep end. He seems excited about carrying on the wilson storyline which can only be a good thing, that’s a positive in my book. Chandler is certainly a hard act to follow, which guy has admitted himself so he knows the challenge he faces. I look forward to 2014 to see what comes next for wilson. I’m sure Freddie & Guy will give it their all

December 26, 2013 at 7:30 pm
(65) Rachel says:

LOL two other people named Rachel. Hey twinnies jk

December 26, 2013 at 8:00 pm
(66) Monika says:

Guy and Freddie hung out and the proof is in the all pictures we’ve seen. Freddie stop the act and grow up and be a man. Stop lying through your teeth to save your career to suck up to your bosses because you know they will fire you If you speak up. If you cant be a man find another career

December 26, 2013 at 8:11 pm
(67) Erica says:

GUY WILSON = UGLY
WORST CASTING EVER BET HE IS THE WORST KISSER TOO FREDDIE DONT LET HIM GET CLOSE TO YOU HE COULD MAKE YOU WANNA LEAVE TO AN ISLAND AND NEVER COME BACK

December 26, 2013 at 8:11 pm
(68) Ralph says:

Hey Monika are you the french lady with 1000 kids. Get a life and move on. Take care of your kids!

December 26, 2013 at 8:19 pm
(69) JWS says:

LOL

So now folks are saying Guy is a bad kisser? Really who here has kissed him?

People need to quit talking like they know Guy Freddie & Chandler for real.

December 26, 2013 at 8:26 pm
(70) Elé says:

Honestly I don’t think we will ever know what really happened with Chandler (according to me, everything is just supposition. Stop me if I’m wrong but nobody has verified facts). And I’m very sad to see him go but bitching Guy (who didn’t even air yet) won’t resolve anything! Saying that Guy is homophobic is wrong (again according to me) . I know he made a mistake saying the word he said in his tweet but he apologized and as I recall other celebrities made the same mistakes and they were “forgiven” almost immediately. I’m not saying that what he said is good. I know he clearly shouldn’t have said that but calling him an homophobic person?
As for Guy and Freddie hanging out, why is it so hard to believe? Because we have no evidences? I’m sure Chandler and Freddie did hang out together and we never had pictures.

Again this is just my opinion and you have every right to disagree with me, I don’t want to offend anyone :) I know I’ll give Guy a try because I truly love WilSon but that doesn’t mean I forgot Chandler (because honestly that’s really impossible!!) :D

December 26, 2013 at 8:55 pm
(71) Alex says:

I cannot wait for Guy to make his onscreen debut. Because then hopefully all of you haters will finally give up and keep to your own group of haters.

December 26, 2013 at 9:46 pm
(72) Vanessa says:

You will be so disappointed because Guy is one of the worst actors out there and one of the most immature spoilt brats wouldn’t be surprised if he slept with half of the crew to get the job

December 26, 2013 at 10:00 pm
(73) JWS says:

I Hope Guy & Freddie dont read some of these unsavory remarks

LIBEL:

a published false statement that is damaging to a person’s reputation; a written defamation.

Unless you have proof its best not just make stuff up and say it like its true

December 26, 2013 at 10:00 pm
(74) Lewis says:

John Seip the man who loves to know it all Im guessing you must be a closet homophobe Pat Robertson awaits you on his next show

December 26, 2013 at 10:06 pm
(75) JWS says:

No actually I am openly Gay but nice try

Like I said Im willing to see what Guy will bring to Will & Wilson. I hope Chandler has a great future in his acting. Im sure he will

December 26, 2013 at 10:24 pm
(76) Brady says:

Practise what you preach JWS stop putting words in others mouths and do your own research instead of relying on articles read by people on Cordays payroll.

Unless you have proof shut the hell up and do something else with your life maybe gardening is the go for you

December 26, 2013 at 10:31 pm
(77) JWS says:

Given that I am talking about a TV Guide interview where Chandler was interviewed on his departure I believe what he says since it happened to him

December 26, 2013 at 11:52 pm
(78) Christine says:

In reading through the comments, I notice so much resentment for Guy when you haven’t even seen him perform as Will yet. I have seen many videos of his previous work and he did an exceptional job. I think we all need to give him a chance to prove himself before criticizing. Freddie, as well as other cast members, made it clear that Guy is an amazing actor and will do great in the role. Are you going to discredit everyone who is being positive about this change? I think not. I say get over it; it was going to happen regardless of when it occurred because that is what Chandler wanted.
Soap operas recast all the time so I’m not sure why this is any different. Again, let’s not forget that Chandler made it clear he wanted to finish college. I commend him for that and wish him luck in his future career! I love Chandler as Will, but I think Days would not choose a new Will that would be a disappointment to their audience. The show has been on for 48 years and is still going strong.

December 26, 2013 at 11:54 pm
(79) Christine says:

I regard to the “tranny” comment. It was ONE comment people. You all act like he has been tweeting nonstop negative comments about GLBT. If you read his apology tweet you would see that he was clearly sorry to have offended anyone and thought the word an endearment and not a negative connotation. I think it’s funny that people are passing negative judgment on Guy by calling him homophobic when at the same time you are reprimanding him for potentially passing judgment on others. Which again he repeatedly expressed regret for.
I am excited for 2014 to see the new Wilson and am glad their story will continue. I think the gay storyline on daytime TV has been such an amazing eye opener for so many people both gay and straight. I have heard and read many articles about how this story has changed people’s lives by giving them the courage to realize and admit who they are. Freddie is awed that he is able to touch so many lives by artfully telling this story… Lets not ruin such a good thing by being so negative! I think Freddie is an amazing actor and it is shameful that people have to bash him after supposedly being such loyal fans for the past 2.5 years. Very sad 

December 26, 2013 at 11:55 pm
(80) Me says:

JWS – Chandler wanted a WilSon wedding and wanted WilSon to become a super-couple. So WHY ON EARTH would Chandler ask to be let go four months early, only to totally miss out on being part of this?!!!.. You are saying he wanted out JUST before they started taping for the engagement, the wedding – a historic soap event?! Give me a break! This is stupidity and denial at its finest!

UNBELIEVABLE how blind some people are. You all freaking know why Chandler was fired and one day your denial will bite you in the a$$!

And the only reason why Freddie is playing along with this charade is because he wants/needs to keep his job. Understandable. But this must be hurting him emotionally and all the GW worshippers make his and Chandler’s situation miserable. If there is a WilSon engagement and a WilSon wedding, it should have been with Chandler playing Will. Corday and Meng and Ballard all know it, but they are cowards.

I hope Chandler has moved on and can forget this circus! Freddie is stuck and it sucks!

December 27, 2013 at 12:00 am
(81) JWS says:

I am going off what Chandler said in TV Guide which was conducted after his last day of filming. He says he was leaving. He said I wanted out esrly & days accomidate that. He said he is happy the role was recast & Wilson goes on.

He said those things and I believe what he said. Plain & simple. End of story for me.

December 27, 2013 at 12:15 am
(82) Joanie says:

It amazes me how so many are the judge and jury of an actor in a role that hasn’t aired yet – and more importantly the sexual orientation of said actors. Why is it so important to know if FS and CM are in a relationship and why does it matter. I will never understand this bull. Chandler wanted to go – yes he wanted to leave – he was done – yes I heard that directly from his mouth – while he was let go earlier than any of us expected he was still going. Guy Wilson was hired. He seems absolutely charming and everyone has said wonderful things about him – in the end – we will find out in 2 weeks when he airs and people can watch and decide for themselves whether he is worthy of continuing to watch – I think he will be. The most important part of this is that this meaningful story line is continuing. Chandler himself said he wanted people to support the recast and that he is glad it was recast since he himself was a recast. There is enough love out there for all 3 of them. #PeaceLoveWilson

December 27, 2013 at 12:24 am
(83) Erica says:

JWS SHUT THE HELL UP!

NOONE CARES WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY OK THE STORY IS DEAD ONCE CHANDLER LEAVES. CHANDLER DIDNT WANT OUT OF HIS CONTRACT EARLY AND YOU ARE JUST A COWARD TO ADMIT IT

December 27, 2013 at 12:42 am
(84) Joanie says:

OMG people – some of you are unbelievable. Chandler Massey wanted to leave – he was done. He wanted Wilson to continue – he wanted the role to be recast and he wants people to support it. That is not hearsay – it was told right to my face by Chandler at lunch in September. While he may not have been expecting to leave so soon – he was definitely going and is looking forward to going to school. While Freddie did not want the role initially recast – he likes what Guy brings to the role. He thinks we will like him (again – told right to my face by Freddie in October) and is asking for people to give Guy a chance. Isn’t this story important enough to have it continue? Isn’t that really the bigger picture? And why is whether Freddie and Chandler are in a relationship so important to everyone – why does their sexual orientation need to be defined for all of you? What difference does it really make? Their private life is exactly that – private. You can say I’m stupid, dumb or whatever you want – but again – here we are – 4 months after chandler was let go – and everything else is still the same. Guy auditioned for an available role and if he is even doing 1/2 the job everyone says he is we should all be thankful. He is out there on social media – always has been – he has been generous and congenial to the fans – and says nothing about those who hate him – I think people need to grow up and move on – change what can be changed and accept what cannot. Why not channel all that hatred into something more positive. Guy will debut in 12 days – so suck it up til then – if you think the story is important enough – watch it and make an educated decision on whether you like him – and if not – move on. There is no need to spread the hate – all of this does not make it any easier for Freddie and Chandler and even if we were wrong and they are together – so what? That is their life and certain things can be left alone.

December 27, 2013 at 12:44 am
(85) Joanie says:

Up until this split the gay community has fought long and hard for tolerance, acceptance and to be treated no differently than any other heterosexual couple. In the end, this is a fictitious story and now all of you who were united for so long are now attacking each other. This just fuels the haters of the LGBT community. I am appalled so please calm down – if you don’t want to watch it – then move on. Chandler is moving on and so should you! #PeaceLoveWilson

December 27, 2013 at 2:15 am
(86) Dani says:

Love Freddie!! No good reason to not believe him at face value. I’m going to really miss Chandler in the role of Will but I’m looking forward to seeing what Guy Wilson can bring to the show. I’ve seen his guest spots on other shows and was impressed. Can’t wait to see how he does as Will!

December 27, 2013 at 3:55 am
(87) Rachel says:

Days of our Lives has made it very clear that WilSon isn’t going anywhere. They seem to really like the attention, positive and negative, that they are getting concerning the couple. It keeps them in the news and keeps the fans talking.

If Days was going to let some irate fans dictate their decisions then they would’ve gotten rid of Freddie and written Will back as being straight last year when crazed religious fans were in an uproar over having a gay couple on their favorite soap. Days has actually gone ahead and re-casted Will which shows that they definitely care about character and the couple big time. WilSon isn’t any old average couple on Days. Will isn’t a character like Cameron who was re-casted twice and then sent packing. Will and WIlSon are a much different and more serious ballgame.

So go ahead and hate on Guy and do your best to try and get him fired and end WilSon. It’s not going to work. History has proven this. Days is going to revel in the attention they get (again, positive and negative) from Guy taking over the role of Will and especially next spring when multiple news sources will pick up their story as “groundbreaking.”

December 27, 2013 at 8:56 am
(88) Voice of Reason says:

Alot of nasty comments on here….y’all are crazy. If you dont like Sonny & Will, just dont comment, there’s no need to attack the characters, the people who play them or Janet!

December 27, 2013 at 10:31 am
(89) Kris says:

Lol, sounds like he’s doing damage control and trying to get as many people to watch cause he knows a lot of people aren’t going to come january.

December 27, 2013 at 10:59 am
(90) Roz says:

From what I can tell from other social media outlets most people who are so upset about Guy Wilson are not from the U.S. which means that them not watching the show will not have any effect on the shows’ ratings. All in all DOOL definitely won’t give two hoots about their rancid opinions. Just an observation.

December 27, 2013 at 12:57 pm
(91) Me says:

Roz, you are right. Us, not from the US not watching or watching Guy Wilson will not change the show’s ratings. We know that. And me watching or not watching, will not affect Guy Wilson’s sleep. But the fact that most viewers who are not a fan of Guy Wilson are not from the US, does indeed mean something. Means that America is still preferring to watch a straight, bigot actor taking on a gay role, rather than watch a young actor truly committed to LGBT issues and doing a fantastic job as sensitive, troubled, and maturing Will for the last 2 years.

December 27, 2013 at 4:33 pm
(92) Nathan says:

And the worst comment of the year goes to (89) Roz. How can you possibly say that most people who don’t like Guy Wilson are from outside the US that seems like quite a stretch.

If days doesn’t care about its viewers doesn’t that tell you something right there? They have no respect for their cast or their viewers so if you accept that you are supporting people who don’t support you or care about your feelings.

December 27, 2013 at 4:54 pm
(93) Leah says:

So looking forward to the love triangle cant wait for Sonny to find a new man. Guy Wilson who cares about him just a D list actor who will never amount to anything in life hope days changes their mind again, They seem to do that every day so wouldn’t surprise me if they recast again

December 27, 2013 at 4:57 pm
(94) MikeyM says:

I am shocked at a lot of the dumb comments here. Why would u shoot down the new guy before he even starts. C’mon people.
Grow up. Give the guy a chance. Chandler moved on. Time for u to be the same.

December 27, 2013 at 6:34 pm
(95) Billy says:

No interest in the story at all next year no interest in seeing Guy Wilson fail miserably and no interest in listening to Freddie Smith as usual talk out of his ass

December 27, 2013 at 8:54 pm
(96) Me says:

MikeyM – and why adore and worship an actor who hasn’t aired yet? To each their own. And whether I give him a chance or not, is my decision.

I sincerely hope that Chandler has moved on. He doesn’t bloody have any choice!

I believe Freddie is doing all this PR to keep his job!.. I don’t blame him.

December 27, 2013 at 9:41 pm
(97) Me says:

Joanie – this is not only about a fictitious story!

If you don’t like reading comments of people who are unhappy about the entire firing and recasting, then why come here and read and comment?

And I move on whenever I want to.

December 28, 2013 at 2:40 am
(98) AliciaE says:

I’ve loved Chandler Massey as Will Horton. I’ll always remember his sweet smile, his attitude with his mama and how much fun it was when EJ took him under his wing for a while. He earned those two Emmys well and I wish him the best in his future.

Happily, the WilSon saga continues…

I’m glad Guy knows that he needs to jump in and make the role his own. That’s the only way to do it. I’m not worried. Days generally does very well with casting. At this point, having known so long the switch is coming, I’m just excited for him to start. I’m curious to see how he plays opposite AS, JS, BD… etc as well as Freddie.

December 28, 2013 at 7:59 am
(99) ADJ says:

Recast are always a little weird for me but they’re part of of the soap business. I’m going to see how Guy plays Will then make my decision.

December 28, 2013 at 11:34 am
(100) mark says:

you are right Roz but the most of the fans to bring money to freddie and chan kickstar projects were fans out of US …the most of the fans who went to the event were fans out of US so i think freddie doesnt realize the damage that he is doing to himself to sell Guy Wilson to those fans

December 28, 2013 at 2:37 pm
(101) AliciaE says:

Mark, the kickstarter project was to help fight cystic fibrosis. Good for you if you were able to help out with that. That’s awesome. That has nothing to do with Freddie’s job as a Days actor which includes selling the story he’s a part of. That goes for all actors. If Freddie was the one who left, then it would be Chandler saying positive things about the new guy. The other part of their job, the main part, is like Freddie said, “Be yourself, work hard, and have fun.” Fans who think actors owe them anything more than this are mistaken.

December 28, 2013 at 5:33 pm
(102) Mark says:

AliciaE Addict Anonymos kickstarter project has to do with Freddie’s job and i guess there will be another kickstarter for second AA season and freddie is right to save his job bc from what i have seen his project isnt working

December 28, 2013 at 8:52 pm
(103) louise says:

It is unbelieveable how many people have taken the negative approach to all of this…Chandler wantED to move on Days let him, END of Story! I find no fault with either decision, but I do WELCOME Guy to be all that he can be in the role. I wish him great success. As for the people who are so closed minded not to give Guy a chance, That’s their problem, & they are probably going to be the real LOSERS here! WELCOME ABOARD GUY!

December 30, 2013 at 3:27 am
(104) Alisa says:

i haven’t seen the TWEETS everyone is talking about…..but, this is NOT the 1st “gay “character that Guy has played…..he played 1 in an eppy of NCIS……i worry about the CHEMISTRY between he & freddie….and from the 1 picture i’ve seen…..it just will NOT fly……and i haven’t watched since kyle lowder & nadia bjorlin left , after the BROE wedding…….i HATE what TPTB have done to ALL characters….however, am THRILLED that they are doing the “gay” storyline.

December 30, 2013 at 6:49 pm
(105) Shane says:

Chandler Massey wants to leave and these idiotic sycophants trash Guy Wilson? Really?

Good Luck to Guy Wilson.

This is why such stories always die. Stupid fans that seek to destroy the telling of such stories because they don’t get it how they want it!

December 30, 2013 at 11:51 pm
(106) Nicole says:

How can people say that the current wilson has hot chemistry… Chandler has to be the worst kisser in the world and he is a horrible actor when it comes to romance and I am going to be real truthful here… he was full of himself and thinks he is better then soaps and soap fans… good luck chandler lets see how the college goes… oh thats right u put that on hold to auditon and sign with a big agency… weird!!

December 31, 2013 at 8:42 am
(107) David says:

well said, Nicole totally agree but he read those cue cards well :)

December 31, 2013 at 12:24 pm
(108) Joanie says:

I feel the need to comment on the kickstarter projects. I have either met or been in contact with all of the large incentive donors and while some were foreign saying most were is not so. I was fortunate enough to do a set visit through Freddie’s and a lunch with Chandler and Casey as well as attending the screening in TN. I can tell you factually that both of Freddie’s days dinners were from the US and of the 5 set visits only one was foreign. His Disneyland incentive was foreign as well. For Chandler, both of his days dinners were from the US and of his 5 lunches – 3 were from the US. I am not able to speak factually from the other donors but I doubt most were foreign. In TN there were 20 VIP tickets sold – 16 were from the US and only 4 were foreign. Of all the attendees in TN only 5 were foreign so to say he was preaching to people who weren’t able to help is untrue.

December 31, 2013 at 2:34 pm
(109) Joanne T. says:

GET RID OF THE GAY SCENES ALTOGETHER!!! THEY ARE DEGRADING, DISCUSTING AND IMMORAL!! THANKFUL FOR FAST FORWARDING!!!

December 31, 2013 at 8:44 pm
(110) Kay says:

I will miss Chandler Massey but he was ready to move on to other projects and also wanted to enjoy the college experience while he was young enough to “fit in” with the other students. He made the comment that he did not want to be a “college dropout.” He also has interest in music and theater. His career is just beginning and he did not want to be stuck in the soap opera world forever. I wish him the best and hope he has success in whatever he chooses to do.

As for Freddie, he is very enthusiastic about this storyline and proud of the progress being made because of it. He and Chandler made a great team and helped to establish Will and Sonny as a real couple who are solid and happy and committed to each other. Now that Chandler has left, he has Guy Wilson as his acting partner and hopefully the bond can be just as strong and they will be able to recreate the same magic that he and Chandler had. Time Will tell, and we as the audience need to be patient and supportive as the transition takes place.

Why so many people are being judgemental and critical of Guy Wilson when they have not even given him a chance to show us his work in the role of Will. Such negative and hateful things are being said without any proof. Whatever happened to “if you can’t say anything nice about someone, keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself.”

January 1, 2014 at 1:16 am
(111) Kaycee says:

BORING!! Move on to something better Freddie and get the hell away from that evil place that is Salem

January 1, 2014 at 11:17 am
(112) Me says:

I agree! Freddie should get the next exit and leave that damn place! The part that sucks is that his contract lasts another whole year and more and he can’t afford to just drop it. He’s stuck and I feel really bad for him. I hope 2014 will bring tons of good and new thngs for him and Chandler. They both deserve it! Last year was full of amazing events and occurences for both, but it was also tainted by disappointment and unfairness. Even fans have contributed to the downway spiral, taking advantage of their generosity and kindness.

January 1, 2014 at 5:39 pm
(113) Anne says:

Of the two in the duo, I always have preferred Sonny, as Chandler kind of plays Will in a quirky, stop/go manner and usually has a grin that is incompatible with the scene. So, I am looking forward to a new Will, and this guy is a dead ringer for Sammi from the photos I’ve seen. I always enjoy Sonny-he is mature and the writers actually give him (mostly) believable lines and actions. The show would be less without him. For the same-sex haters, well, sorry but all the characters on the show are part of mainstream America today-in 2014. The only thing to be derived from the guys back in the closet was the comedy and humor, and nothing more.

January 2, 2014 at 4:29 pm
(114) Jack says:

Joanne T. I agree completely. If gay was normal why are there no gay animals. Sick, disgusting, perversion.

January 2, 2014 at 4:39 pm
(115) Ohio says:

Freddie Smith was a coward in high school for not admitting he liked dudes now he gets paid for it. He deserves nothing and everyone back home is against him once a coward always one

January 2, 2014 at 6:13 pm
(116) AliciaE says:

Jack, I’m pretty sure there are gay animals. But if you’re looking to your pets for guidance, you’ve already taken a wrong turn, no matter how flexible you are.

Mark, I forgot about Addicts Anonymous. I finally checked it out and it’s funny! Even if it only goes a season or two, that’s something. Days is my first love TV wise. I’m pretty sure I’ll continue to root for the new combo of Will and Sonny. I can remember both sets of their parents when they were young and trouble and can see how the writers and actors have taken time to make sure some of their parents’ characteristics play out in them. You don’t get that in any other genre. I hope Days continues to thrive for a long time to come. I’m watching.

January 7, 2014 at 3:44 am
(117) demi says:

WoW Isabelle you sure are working overtime to make sure that the people reading here actually think your comments are from different people! People can tell what comments are yours because even though you think you are clever by changing the name, you are are still posting the exact same comment switching words around still makes it the same comment you have stated your opinion so why carry on? Why do you hate Guy so much?

OHIO, how do you know Freddie was into dudes in highschool? Proof please…

January 8, 2014 at 1:52 pm
(118) sarah says:

Why did the old Will leave?

January 9, 2014 at 3:34 pm
(119) Gail St. John says:

I want the Real Will back.

January 10, 2014 at 3:17 pm
(120) pat says:

I want the old will back

January 11, 2014 at 3:00 am
(121) Marc says:

Hello to all you disrespectful human beings. Why do you have to mangle WilSon? Why do you have to make it hateful and hurtful? I respect all the actors, Freddie, Chandler and Guy. They are exceptional actors. As a gay man who has lived through the AIDS crisis, bullying, homophobia I am disgusted by all these juvenile comments. (Sorry–not all…) Get over your it. Stop the hateful bull. It is ridiculous! P.S. If you hate all that is homosexual, perhaps you shouldn’t comment on articles such as this! SCREAMS LATENT! Just sayin…

January 11, 2014 at 3:11 am
(122) Marc says:

Hello all you nasty human beings, not all of you, but most. You don’t have a clue. WilSon is more important than specific actors. Although Freddie and Chandler made it happen. But Guy will, too. Because this is bigger than celebrities. There are some comments on here that are homophobic and, frankly, stupid. But for all the others: I am a gay man whose parents abandoned me. I lived through the AIDS crisis at its height. I never, ever thought I would be able to marry the man I love. WilSon is so important so let’s support it, okay? I will always support Chandler. I will always support Freddie. I will always support Guy. Because it is bigger than a soap opera.

January 14, 2014 at 9:43 pm
(123) Bella says:

I want the old Will back. This one is NOT an improvement. Not even a lateral move. :-(

January 15, 2014 at 2:23 pm
(124) Bea says:

I think Days is playing with a hot potato here with the “gay” issue. They seem to forget a big portion of their audience are older fans who just may not appreciate watching two guys kissing and now getting married on the show. This is NOT what made Days exciting for us to watch all these years. We know gays have all these new rights in the real world today but many fans may not agree with this and having to watch it during what “used” to be their favorite soap opera. I think Days has “new” writers and they are using Days for their own political agenda. The kissing scenes were handled tastefully but now we are having them get married too?? Makes one wonder why the real Wil who we really did respect and appreciate as an actor left a part he had handled so well for so many years. I don’t think adding the Gay agenda is going to help Days win the Sweeps unless they bring in a completely new audience and “we” find another soap opera to watch.

January 15, 2014 at 6:56 pm
(125) Dawn says:

I can’t imagine why you would take of one of the best actors on the show. The fans do not like the new guy & we are what keep you in business. You made a criminally BAD decision here. Mark my works.

January 15, 2014 at 9:07 pm
(126) Linda says:

You are all NUTS, and need to improve your writing skills as well.
Chandler Massey was going to leave, but out of spite they took him off
four months early. Ridiculous and childish since he is/was such a beloved actor who was good enough to win TWO daytime Emmy awards.. Don’t like the new guy, can’t look at him and Sonny when they are together. Yuck.
And…
Can’t stand the whole storyline with Ann Milbauer. She is the most annoying character. Just plain stupid.
And…
I hate hate hate what EJ and Abigail. It is hard to watch.
And…
Had ENOUGH with Jennifer and Daniel. She turned out to be an idiot.
Daniel and Nicole make a MUCH better couple. Give Eric back his collar.

January 17, 2014 at 7:31 pm
(127) mardol42 says:

I understand why some of Days fans do not like the new Will. But Chandler Massey decided to leave to go back to school. As far as anyone being offended by the gay storyline, I am 71 years old and not offended at all. It’s more true to life than some of the unbelievable storylines that we have watched on Days. This whole thing with EJ and Abby is so forced and not believable one bit. I’m still a Daniel and Jennifer fan. I always thought that Brady and Nicole had “chemistry’, but who knows now that Eric has revealed his feelings for Nicole. Time will tell.

January 19, 2014 at 10:56 am
(128) me 2 says:

The WILL is bad.I miss MASSY alot!!!!!!!!!!

January 20, 2014 at 9:15 pm
(129) Cat says:

Sami’s new, dark hair – what are you doing to her hair? She looks on 1/20/14 – like everyone else now, not nearly herself. And the style is off – stringy. Any reason?Playing down her beauty so EJ can get over her and into Abigail? Silly plot twist, we want Sami and EJ to make it.