1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives' Will Recast: Will It Be A Success?

By January 2, 2014

Guy WilsonGuy Wilson debuts as Will Horton on Days of Our Lives, next week, taking over the role from two-time Daytime Emmy winner Chandler Massey.

Will the move be a success? The show's powers-that-be are certainly hoping so.

Check out this list of the five things that need to happen for the recast to work, here.

Comments

January 2, 2014 at 2:43 pm
(1) Daysfan2014 says:

I’m looking forward to a new Will. Chandler was a decent actor, but I grew tired of the writing for the character over the past couple of years. Will isn’t just Sami’s son. He’s Lucas’ son too. I wish people, particularly the Days writers, would remember that more often.

January 2, 2014 at 3:35 pm
(2) Joanne says:

I’m willing to give the new “Guy” a chance. Chandler decided to leave. So there were two options: write the character off or recast him. I’m glad the show recast. I love Will.

January 2, 2014 at 4:06 pm
(3) Donald Brochhausen says:

i think it’s a great idea !!!! Loved the old Will…but if he had better opportunities and had to follow his heart, well, so be it and good luck….now good luck to the new Will, I’m sure he’ll do just fine…..the story lines are getting better overall…..enjoy DOOL more and more every day….the actors are making me love them, hate them and feel happy and sad for them, which means, they’re doing their job and they’re doing it well….Keep up the good work everyone !!!!!!!

January 2, 2014 at 6:56 pm
(4) Janet says:

Is will real;y gay or gay this just a part of acting for the movies? I always wonder what is actual truth or fiction.

January 3, 2014 at 6:43 am
(5) Frannie says:

What is up with Soapnet?? The Disney ppl have Removed Soapnet from their network, so how are us working folks that do not get Local channels going to be able to see Days again???? The last day it aired was Dec.31st.. 2013.. Not Fair!! Help us get the soaps on a new network! Thanks so much.. A fan from the 60′s. Frannie S.

January 3, 2014 at 2:45 pm
(6) Bandianni says:

Hey, Frannie…If you have a computer you can get Days on Hulu…a day late, but you can still see it!!

January 3, 2014 at 4:36 pm
(7) Voice of Reason says:

Hey Frannie,
you can catch day old episodes on nbc.com as well. You will be a day behind, but Oh well!

January 4, 2014 at 4:43 pm
(8) Brandon says:

I’m excited to see the WilSon story continue. I have faith the Guy will do Will justice. It won’t be like Chandler but can’t expect that. Guy will bring his own twist to Will and I’m just ready to see what’s next for WilSon.

January 6, 2014 at 8:56 pm
(9) Barb says:

Only time will tell. I really will miss our old Will a lot. I ‘ve always liked him.
No matter whom they cast, if Will and Sonny don’t have that IT factor… it won’t work.

January 6, 2014 at 11:45 pm
(10) spookyfoxx says:

Frannie, Just go to NBC.com on your computer to watch full episodes of DOOL.

January 7, 2014 at 4:45 am
(11) Lb says:

I agree about soapnet my 83 yr old mother watches Days and Young/restless which crossover she loved being able to watch Days at night after getting ready for bed. She does not understand the computer so that is not an option for her.

January 7, 2014 at 9:34 pm
(12) Debra says:

Just saw a picture of the “new” Will. Yuck. Will be hard to look at him and not picture Chandler. Agree with Frannie. Have been looking and looking for Soapnet. I have Comcast and now they have another stupid channel in it’s place. I DVR days every day on the HD channel, but sometimes if my DVR messes up I would catch it on Soapnet so I NEVER missed an episode. I am aware you can watch on Hulu or NBC.com, but I detest doing that.

January 9, 2014 at 10:37 am
(13) Debra says:

Just saw the first episode with the new “Will”. It’s really weird. He reminds me of Dr. Kevin Stork (ex-The Bachelor, and host of the Doctors), only because of his distinctive jawline, but not as good looking as Kevin. His hair looks funny, almost too “done” for a man. He almost seemed like he was “reading” his lines rather than living them. I know it was his first appearance. What does everyone else think?

January 9, 2014 at 2:05 pm
(14) Joanne T. says:

GET REAL!!!! GET RID OF BOTH OF THEM, WHAT ARE YOUR WRITERS GAY OR WHAT????

January 10, 2014 at 11:29 am
(15) Debra says:

Agree with you Joanne T. Wouldn’t hurt my feelings if they were “eliminated” like a lot of other (in my opinion more popular) characters have been on Days. Just because it’s controversial (gay story line) I KNOW they won’t give it up. I know this is not the “popular” view on here, and you get bashed for saying how many people “really” feel.

January 19, 2014 at 10:13 pm
(16) Linda says:

The new Will is not going to work!!!!!!! He is NOT a good actor at all. Please get the other Will back. Days has made some bad choices lately (Bo, Will ect.). Hope you will get back on the right track.