1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days' EJ and Abigail: Hot or Not?

By January 9, 2014

Days of Our Lives' writers threw viewers a major curve when they tossed sweet, honest Abigail in bed with nefarious EJ DiMera. It was a twist few saw coming, and it's garnered a huge response from fans.

What are your thoughts on the imperfect pairing? Love it? Loathe it? Weigh in with the following poll.

Photos Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth and Chris Haston

Comments

January 9, 2014 at 5:29 pm
(1) DOOL4VR says:

Whatever….wrong wrong wrong. I will stop watching the show if character assassinations don’t stop. This is the last straw. Goodbye Days. My last post. I Love Dr. Dan, Jennifer, Maggie, Victor, Brady, Nicole, Eric, Hope, Roman, Sami, Rafe and Lucas. Give them back their original characters and work from there. Stephano still rules Salem so he’ll determine what will happen I’m sure of that. The writers better get their heads out of the hole and realize they’ll lose days entirely if they don’t start to save someone, keep Maggie and Victor as the SuperCouple…the younger ones…inbetween them and the young ones need love too! If you don’t let the inbetweens have some LOVE, the show WILL go down. Nothing can survive without it. Yes, it is a soap FOR ENTERTAINMENT. This is not entertainment. This makes people sick.

January 9, 2014 at 6:47 pm
(2) BLONDIE says:

I too want Sami and EJ to be together but Sami is just going to far not believing that he didn’t know all about what Kristen did to Eric, like she is TRUTH AND VERTUE and never tells a lie, give me a break already. Grow up Sami when you start telling the truth you can expect people to tell you the truth and not doughting them just because you always lie.

January 9, 2014 at 8:08 pm
(3) EA says:

We really don’t have to worry about EJ and Abby. In no way are they going to be some couple. It was a hot triste for sure and glad they did that. Don’t blame EJ at all, haha. I know he feels guilty but dealing with Sami, he deserves it. :D

January 9, 2014 at 8:45 pm
(4) Susan says:

This is wrong so very wrong..EJ and Sami are a power couple..Hot when they fight and hotter when they do..Bringing Abbey into the equation was so stupid..You are breaking up every good couple on this show..I understand these are storylines but where is the power couple in this show..Bo and Hope gone, John and Marlena gone, Maggie and Victor on very shaky ground..Erik and the church I am not to sure that is going to happen..The show is pulling towards Erik and Nicole…Boooo !!! Jen and Daniel gone..Soon the fans will be gone because there will be no reason to watch this show..Shame on the writers…

January 9, 2014 at 9:13 pm
(5) Linda says:

Love EJABBY:) Sami who, good job writers Sami and EJ are so boring with the same old crap… say bring on EJABBY :)

January 10, 2014 at 12:51 am
(6) Adrian says:

The pairing of Abigail & EJ wasn’t a surprise to a lot fans. We saw it coming a mile away. She is going to get pregnant, ruin Sami and EJ’s wedding and Jennifer will go ballistic. Or she won’t know if the baby belongs to EJ or Chad. It’s the same story line that’s been done, redone and overdone! I’m not a fan of this storyline at all. I found the love scene with EJ and Abigail very unrealistic.

January 10, 2014 at 9:51 am
(7) Randa says:

I love EJ and Abby together!! This is more like how the soap used to be!!

January 10, 2014 at 10:11 am
(8) 21stcentury says:

I hope Abby won’t end up with a nervous breakdown or deep depression and end up like her grandmother Laura.

January 10, 2014 at 11:46 am
(9) shygirl says:

Writers used to know how to build up scenes to make things plausible. If they had let the Abby/Ej thing simmer for awhile, let their feelings grow naturally, then their coupling wouldn’t be so outrageous. This could have led to a real triangle that could last for a couple of years with an ever thickening plot. All this slamming together of characters is what is wrong with this show. Nothing ever seems right, because of that. Instead of fleshing stories and characters out, the events and relationships appear forced and fraudulent.

January 10, 2014 at 11:59 am
(10) Voice of Reason says:

If they are going to do a triangle, do it with EJ, Nicole and Sami…so much better….Abby’s a kid for pete’s sake!

January 10, 2014 at 4:22 pm
(11) oobs7 says:

I’m trying to get over Abigal telling EJ that he “took advantage” of her…..wth? she climbed him like a frigging tree!

January 11, 2014 at 1:06 pm
(12) MJ says:

Love, love, love EJ and Abby…so sexy and hot! EJ and Sami….so tired and old, plus Abby is a much better actress (sexually) than Sami and EJ well he is always awesome and gorgeous! Love the “naughtiness” of it all and the physical chemistry is great! Keep up the good work DOL writers!!

January 11, 2014 at 10:06 pm
(13) Meltonia Clark says:

Chloe and ej would be hot.

January 11, 2014 at 11:14 pm
(14) Kc says:

I have been an inconsistent watcher of the show for the past few years because the pairings get a little old after awhile. I think this an interesting pairing that should be explored without the tired pregnancy plot. The complexities of the age difference and the personality difference create much plot potential. It’s intriguing to watch EJ display a softer side with Abigail and adds new dimension to the complex hero/villain.

January 12, 2014 at 9:42 am
(15) 21stcentury says:

Abby getting pregnant is realistic, they had uncontrollable love making.

Neither one of them said for EJ to wear protection and Abby not seeing anyone I don’t think she’s on any kind of protection. When I go out all I see are pregnant young women with toddlers holding their hands, it’s real.

We’ll wait and see how this story goes, either Abby will have a nervous breakdown like her grandmother Laura or she will punish herself (no idea how) or she will end up with EJ or she will find new love, time will tell.

I like Abby with EJ which by the way age is just numbers, maturity and personality is what’s important.

January 13, 2014 at 6:17 pm
(16) lisa says:

The whole dam story has become vs. Hate the dan & jen split, the only reason i watched.

January 13, 2014 at 6:58 pm
(17) chareeferrari says:

I see a baby on the horizon! There’s gotta be done sort of set back with E.J. and Abigail right?

January 14, 2014 at 12:45 am
(18) TiaJuanita says:

If Abby is pregnant, EJ will want the baby, like he wanted the one Nicole was carrying, and the truth will have to come out. It’ll make for a great soap. It would really work well if EJ ended up with Abby and Chad came back and Abby still had some old feelings for him. I liked what someone said up here about EJ’s having a soft side with Abby, that would be nice to see, all Sami and EJ do is fight and argue and lie to each other. I think Sami would jump into bed with Rafe again if given the chance, she deserves whatever EJ does. He’s been after her since before Thanksgiving and she’s cut him off because he lied, that’s a joke, she lies all the time.

January 14, 2014 at 8:51 am
(19) kelly says:

Abigail is young and came across as a slut. For her being so innocent and Jennifer’s “rock” the perfect child,JJ has more sense. It doesn’t seem to matter that she sleeps with whomever she wants. Did we forget about how she almost ruined Carrie and Austin’s marriage. Yes, it’s a story but it doesn’t say much for young people today. Sleep with whomever you want. Yes,again it’s a soap opera but to have Jennifer, the perfect, as mother Theresa, please. I like EJ; I understand that Sami is doing to him what he usually does to her. Maybe he really needs to suffer, he was coming so far; but can’t get away from his family. Maybe it all was an act to shut her up but Abigail isn’t the angel & who is she to critizize JJ. They both deserve to lose everything/one

January 14, 2014 at 10:51 am
(20) chris says:

Nicole needs to leave the show. I’m so sick of her being in love with
ERIC, EJ, DANIEL, BRADY……..
She is so over……………..

January 14, 2014 at 7:33 pm
(21) vanae tyler says:

Dumbest thing yet !!! get some new writers !!!!

The reason Sami is mad in the first place at EJ is stupid!!!! Put them back together with their kids !!!!

January 15, 2014 at 10:47 pm
(22) Dmitri says:

Really? Nicole and Abigail are sluts? Sami was in bed with 3 different men over the short course of 6 months!! If anyone leaves the show, it should be her. EJami always just fight and f**k. It’s annoying, boring and stale. EJabby was hot, plus, they have an intellectual connection that he lacks with pretty much anyone else he’s been with except MAYBE Nicole.

January 16, 2014 at 11:33 am
(23) Ollie says:

My stomach turned when I saw E J and Abby together. Please for a change let Sammie and EJ last as a couple! Does not want to see Abby pregnant too predictable! So tired of EJ fighting for custody against babies’ s mommas. Love him protecting Sammie. One more thing please, please, please stop letting the Dimera keep protecting Kristen when she is truly not a Dimera and please stop letting all these characters act self righteous when they have done wrong things over and over.

January 16, 2014 at 2:30 pm
(24) sumay says:

I rem watching this show since before Maggie showed up on the scene. I’ve always been a big fan and love how lately they’ve been bringing old characters back from time to time. I love the EJ/Sammi couple, they are so meant for each other! I was so grossed out by the EJ/Abby scene in bed that I had to walk away from the tv! Come on writers….in what universe would EJ ever sleep with Abby? She’s a kid and EJ has more scruples than that to sleep with her. He’s so in love with Sammi, no matter what she does, he loves her! I don’t know where the writers are going with the EJ/Abby thing. but it’s a big mistake in all aspects of the word!! Gross is the word that comes to mind….over and over again!!!

January 17, 2014 at 3:37 pm
(25) ann says:

it was a one night stand. It happens in real life and people don’t freak out.
The writers have Abigail way over reacting to sex with EJ. Move on and forget about it, like a normal person would.

Move on, it can be a little seceret that nobody needs to know about.

January 17, 2014 at 4:04 pm
(26) Allie says:

EJ & Abby are just gross together. EJ prides himself on loyalty to family. So it’s hard to believe he’d betray Chad by sleeping with the “young lady” he loves. Abigail looks and behaves like a teenager. She’s obnoxious, judgemental, and her momma’s “pride & joy”. She definitely has some major “daddy issues”. I just think that there are much better ways to create drama w/o using gratuitous sex scenes with characters they have no business putting together. If this keeps up, I’ll stop watching. Because why waste my time on such trifling garbage.

January 18, 2014 at 3:26 pm
(27) Janie says:

EJ and Gabby, NO, Wrong And couldn’t u do better replacing Will? Get rid of Theresa, and bring Beau back!

January 26, 2014 at 4:12 pm
(28) Patti says:

Hot and sexy…this is a story line to heat things up in Salem…finally

January 28, 2014 at 9:24 pm
(29) Rachel says:

EJ and Sammy are getting old, very old drawn out story line. Who cares about the age difference, finally a good change In the story line. Sami is a real pain in the neck, and can’t make up her mind. I would like to see where this goes with EJ and Abby. As far as people saying they won’t watch the soap if EJ and Sammy are not together, they are so full of it. If they been watching as long as I have, they will keep watching. I remember saying the same thing when Beau and Hope left the story years ago.

January 31, 2014 at 4:56 am
(30) Janice L. Cook says:

I frankly hope that James Scott follows Allison Sweeney hot the door. That way he can expand his acting wings, and become the hottest actor in recent history. Whatever, movie script he may be offered, will automatically skyrocket him into Super Super Super Stardom !!!!!!!!!!!!

February 2, 2014 at 2:28 am
(31) Kim says:

Please please please leave EJ and Sami together and Kristen and Brady together and really need to put Dan and Jen back together ,,,,,,,,,I have been watching this show faithfully every day for 38 years I almost quit with marlena and the devil ,,,,,I am seriously thinkin of quitting this show due to the three couples not being together and where is Bo bring him back NOW PLEASE !!!!!!!!!

February 8, 2014 at 12:58 am
(32) Years Of My Life says:

Abigail…honestly. I watched this show from the time it was black and white until now, but a kid? EJ with a kid? It seems like just last year they were all doing the high school thing and now an affair with a man twice her age? Why cannot Sammy finally have peace, sure you can still have a tryst or two but let her love and be loved. Let us have at least one couple we can rely on to be a power couple. You have blown off everyone else and we are losing hope on the Monarch and Matriarch of the show. Alice and Tom, power couple of the century…Maggie and Victor are just not portraying that example. Maggie always crying….arggggg. Nicole…love the fact that you straightened her up, I believe she is a wonderful actress and needs to have a leading role…Eric would do it for her, maybe that is the power couple of the show….so much potential there. Hope, Ciara….just lost storyline, not liking the new lawyer…and his bummer of a kid…how do you say…BORING. Nick…ha ha . I know they want sexy, hot, alluring…but slutty, amazingly cold and no hope is what we are getting. These are suppose to take you away, give you the element of suspense, love and drama….come on get creative but don’t degrade the show.

February 9, 2014 at 3:30 pm
(33) jyed says:

Abigail needs to be killed off! The bug eyed big fake tited whore is nasty

February 10, 2014 at 2:00 am
(34) MYA says:

I find it funny when people say that EJ and Abby are both intellectual….. they both seem pretty stupid to me.She is agreeing to be his side piece, his whore, ho, and that’s what she decides to do with all that education(Lol) So what Sammie didn’t go to college there are people all around the world making millions or billions with out a college degree Kate being one of them.

I would love to know when EJ and Abby have had a deep intellectual conversation, oh that’s right EJ and Abby talked about a book her father wrote and all if sudden they are equals and belong together. EJ is horny and Abby has earned her Ho card. EJAMI is the real couple they have had staying power even when they were not a real couple. They are not boring, ever. If this story didn’t include Sami it wouldn’t matter to anyone who Abby is doing. To the poster that said people will keep watching, not necessarily true I just stopped watching GH after more than 20 years because of the garbage they have been writing. EJ and Sami brought me back to days full time and I am not sure I will stay, especially if I have to keep my finger on the FF button.

February 10, 2014 at 2:46 pm
(35) kathy lord says:

It is really sickening with Abby and Ej. makes the show really not wrth watching anymore..love sami and EJ,,brought me back..now ..never

February 13, 2014 at 9:31 pm
(36) Kathy says:

Days is not as good as it used to be. Im getting so bored with it lately. I have watched it since its inception and am very disappointed. The storylines are way too dragged out besides being boring. Sammi and EJ are the bomb and when Sammi leaves they should have EJ leave with her. It would be nice to have a true love just once. Dont like Abigale at all..all she does is whine. The rest of the storylines are just about as bad with the exception of Nicole. She is a great actress and carries off whatever storyline is given to her. Hope DOOL improves shortly or it wont matter if it was extended or not

February 19, 2014 at 2:43 am
(37) shannon says:

I quit watching it.its creepy the age difference .and the way Abigail always has that blank stare like no ones home.also as a days fan i felt let down after all these years and the teaser s w abd we are finally given. gi ejami for like two sec.. then they turn ej into a pedifile ewwww..yuck.. i quit. my stomache can’t handle it nor the nausea that i get when i see them on screen. This move cost you this viewer ..

February 23, 2014 at 7:57 pm
(38) DOOLaddict says:

I was about to end my DOOL watching when finally a juicy twist. Just what fans needed…a controversal yet steamy relationship. I was getting so over the EJami back and forth bull. The sweetness of Abby mixes so nicely with EJs darkness. They look great together and have undeniable chemistry. The age difference doesn’t seem too significant like Rafe and Kate (yuck). My only issue thus far is I want EJ to start being a more aggressive suitor and Abigail to play a little harder to get. I think if she backs off he won’t be able to resist and come to realize Sami just doesn’t appreciate him. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for EJabby! Also finally excited to see Jen and Daniel back. He’s done so much for her when she didn’t deserve it considering how he treated him when JJ was trainwrecking his life.

March 1, 2014 at 10:50 pm
(39) Erica says:

Ejabby turns my stomach. Their love scenes are hard to watch because they have no chemistry together. Abby is so little girlie that it looks phony and forced. I think she’s a terrible actress and lacks chemistry with any man she’s been with. The worst part of this pairing is that it detracts from EJ. He has been the best character on Days and it kind of ruins him. I loved his loyalty to Sami and there crazy hot chemistry they have with just a glance or kiss. Fighting or together they are entertaining.

March 1, 2014 at 11:52 pm
(40) Miselemeas says:

This is how I would like the couples;;
Rafe and Sami [hope she is redeemed]
Nicole and Eric
Jennifer and Daniel
Hope and NOT Aiden or[mind went blank]other new guy] she is a beautiful woman ,replace Bo, or find her a hot new guy.
Gabi and Nick,[ she could do worse, and right there in Salem;;]
Abby and “Stilted”.
There are my pick for the younger ones,another night for the older crowd;; Slainte

March 18, 2014 at 6:09 pm
(41) kate says:

I Hate ejabby it pisses me off that right when ej and semi are Finally getting along and want to be together as a family they mess with their storyline like that. They are meant to be together. And Abigail is a Slut for sleeping with ej she needs someone her own age but needs to grow up first cause she still acts like a bratty child.

March 26, 2014 at 2:47 pm
(42) LMC says:

Abigail is acting like a hoe,,she throws herself at EJ and now is blaming him,,,gimme a break,,,,stupid drama queen has got me ready to barf!!
Please cut her loose and give her another dude or bring back the younger brother,,,,,let this be a whole big bad dream,,yuck!!!…i’m fast forwarding all the parts that have to do with this story,,,,smh!!!