1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Janet Di Lauro

Camila Banus Exits Days of Our Lives

By January 18, 2014

camila banusIt was a sad day for Gabi fans and Camila Banus, when she taped her exit scenes as the tortured Days of Our Lives character on Friday, January 17.

Banus tweeted about her last day on Thursday: "Tomorrow is my last day shooting as my beloved character Gaby! Thought this photo was dramatic enough. Everyone wish me luck on my last day of taping as Gaby on Days of our lives. #like #goodluck #wish #me #instagood #instacool #beautiful #art #artist #amazing #cute #dool #days #follow #fashion #followme."

Galen Gering (Rafe) posted a special goodbye to his TV sister. "Sad day sis. Sad day. Wuv u! RT @laurenkoslow @CraneDays @camilabanus @KateMansi waaaa... Love that girl!"

Meanwhile, Lauren Koslow (Kate) shared a photo and a tweet about Banus and good pal Kate Mansi (Abigail): "Our beautiful girls @camilabanus & @KateMansi share a hug & some very emotional scenes today! #days ❌⭕ pic.twitter.com/VUYspaOA5u"

What will Banus miss most about the NBC soap? Check back soon for an exit interview with the actress.

Comments

January 18, 2014 at 6:23 pm
(1) mark says:

With Gabi being gone now, wonder if Days would consider bringing back Rafe’s brother Dario ? I think they have forgotten about him. lol.

January 20, 2014 at 7:16 pm
(2) mary says:

I am glade to see Gabi leave. now they need to get rid of Eric and NICOLE.

January 20, 2014 at 8:36 pm
(3) GrammaNip says:

When they destroyed the Will character by bringing in a little mini version of the character it was bound to be Gabi’s exit. She is so much stronger a character that it just was pathetic to even think that DOOL could get the audience to accept the change. Best for her to run as fast as she can away from this match up. Poor Sonny.

January 21, 2014 at 12:08 am
(4) Carla says:

I am glad that Gabi is leaving, but what is going to happen to baby Ari? Do not like the new Will at all. Not because he is new, just think they could have found a better Will than the one they picked. He just feels so fake! As for Eric and Nicole, I hope that Days keeps them!!!

January 21, 2014 at 2:42 pm
(5) Di says:

Sad to see Gabi go. I am not a fan of the new Will, like Carla said, not because he is new, I just think thy could have found a better one than the one they picked. He doesn’t seem to have the charisma or the chemistry with the other characters that Chandler Massey did.

January 22, 2014 at 5:17 pm
(6) Elaine says:

Sorry to hear that Gabi is leaving, good actress & I liked her character Need to give the new Will a break, as he has big shoes to fill. Really good to see that Lucas finally has a girl he is interested in. Keep the good storyline going so DOL stays on TV enjoy it so