Date of Birth: September 19, 1976
Place of Birth: Pasadena, California
Portrays: Samantha "Sami" Brady (January 6, 1993-Present)
Personal: Married to Los Angeles Highway Patrol Officer Dave Sanov since July 8, 2000. They have one son, Benjamin, born February 25, 2005. The couple is expecting their second child on January 20, 2009. Alison has one older and one younger brother.
- Took business classes after work as a UCLA undergraduate.
- Attended Polytechnic School in Pasadena, California.
- ”Las Vegas”- Caroline Pzarchik (1 episode, 2004)
- “American Dreams”- Miss USA (1 episode, 2004)
- “Friends”- Jessica Ashley (1 episode, 2004)
- ”The End of Innocence” movie- Stephanie (1990)
- ”A Brand New Life”- Christy McCray (6 episodes, 1989-1990)
- ”Tales From the Darkside”- Karen (2 episodes, 1986, 1988)
- ”Family Man” TV Series- Rosie Tubin (1988)
- ”You Ruined My Life”- TV movie- School Girl #1 (1987)
- ”The Price of Life” movie- Young Alice (1987)
- ”St. Elsewhere”- Chrissy (1 episode, 1985)
- ”Webster”- Beth (1 episode, 1985)
- ”Simon & Simon”- Lyla (1 episode, 1984)
- ”American Playhouse”- Young Alice (1 episode, 1982)
- Alison Speaks fluent Spanish.
- Alison thoroughly enjoys the Harry Potter books and movies.
- She is an accomplished water skier and is an inline skater.
- Alison loves cooking and hails Martha Stewart as her inspiration.
- To stay in great shape, Alison attends Boot Camp on a regular basis.
- Bryan Dattilo (Lucas) was her high school senior prom date.
- “The Sopranos,” “Charmed,” “The West Wing,” “Law and Order,” and “Grey’s Anatomy” are among Alison’’s favorite shows.
- Soap Opera Digest Award for Favorite New Couple, shared with Bryan Dattilo for ““Lucas and Sami”” (2005)
- Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress (2005)
- Daytime Emmy Special Fan Award for America’’s Favorite Villain (2002)
- Soap Opera Digest award for Outstanding Younger Lead Actress (2001)
- Soap Opera Digest Awards for Outstanding Villainess (1999, 1998, and 1996)
For nearly half her life, Alison has been mesmerizing DAYS viewers with her multidimensional and captivating portrayal of Samantha “Sami" Brady Roberts. Alison’s character has emerged from a troubled, scheming, manipulative teenager into a feisty, passionate heroine, who will go to the ends of the earth for the ones she loves. Her character has become one of daytime’s most favorite villainesses that fans love to hate. Alison has tackled numerous storylines such as bulimia, rape, pregnancy, capital punishment, and blackmail, to name just a few. Due to her intensely complex portrayal of Sami, Alison has notably become one of the most popular actresses in the history of DAYS.
Alison comes from a creative and musical family, which includes an accomplished studio violinist as a mother. Alison tried following in her mother’s footsteps, but soon realized that acting was her true calling. At the tender age of four, Alison made her first appearance in television commercials for Kodak film. In addition to her numerous guest appearances in various sitcoms and dramas, Alison first appeared on “Days of Our Lives” in 1987 as a young Adrienne Johnson in flashback sequences.
The California beauty has garnered numerous Soap Opera Digest Awards, has graced more than 50 magazine covers, and has gained Emmy worthy praise for her poignant portrayal of Samantha Brady Roberts. In 1999, Soap Opera Weekly named Alison as the Breakout Performer of the year. In 2001,Soap Opera Digest named Alison as One of the Most Beautiful Women in Daytime Television.
Alison has also appeared on several reality TV shows and commercials as an adult actress. In 2002, Alison proved she was as gutsy as her character when she appeared on the celebrity version of “Fear Factor,” where she lied in a coffin infested with worms and scorpions. That same year, she notably won the celebrity version of NBC”s “Weakest Link." In 2003, Alison appeared in ads for Xenadrine Weight Loss Product.
In addition to her stellar acting resume, Alison is also an accomplished author. She released her first book, All the Days of My Life (so far) on Kensington Books, which entails her life growing up as an actress, the painful issues she had with making friends and dating in high school, DAYS controversial storylines, finding love, and most importantly, her battle with losing weight and keeping it off.
Alison has been with DAYS consistently since 1993, except for two brief periods. Sami was briefly written off in 1995, right after her character Sami drugged Austin and slept with him, then slept with Lucas. Sami returned to town a few months later just in time to stop Austin and Carrie’s nuptials with the news that she was pregnant. During her brief maternity leave in 2005, DAYS made a bold move when Dan Wells took over the role and the character of Sami went undercover as a man.
In 2007, Alison added the title of hostess to her resume when she co-hosted the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon with Tom Bergeron during Labor Day weekend. That same year, she landed the Season 4 hosting duties on NBC’s reality competition show The Biggest Loser, taking over for Caroline Rhea. Alison has described her experience on the show as “overwhelming, fun, exciting, and definitely inspiring.” In February of 2008, it was announced that the show would be renewed for a sixth season, with Alison as the hostess.