Date of Birth: January 2, 1987
Place of Birth: Destrehan, Louisiana
Portrays: Stephanie Johnson (April 20, 2007 - Present)
Siblings: One older brother named Glenn
- Graduated from Destrehan High School in 2005, where she was named an Academic Excellence Student. She was also an honor student and senior class representative.
- Attended the School of Film and Television in New York for nearly two years.
- Shelley is an accomplished writer and has had some of her poems published in the Young Authors’ Book of Poetry.
Shelley began taking dancing lessons at the tender age of two and has won several awards for her accomplishments in dance.
- Passions - Crane maid (2004)
- Miss Teen USA (2004)
- Shelley has a Miss Teen USA blog published on Pageantry magazine’s website.
- Alison Sweeney (Sami) was a judge at the 2004 Miss Teen USA pageant.
- Shelley began work on the DAYS set in March of 2007 as Stephanie Johnson, a role previously portrayed by Shayna Rose.
- ”My anti-drinking-and-driving message is dedicated to my brother Brad, who inspires me to face life’s realities every day.” - From Pageantry magazine's website
- ”I feel privileged to have been given the role that will always be my favorite, and hopefully we’ll meet again when I fulfill my next dream.” - From Pageantry magazine’s website
- ”I went through four years of high school without feeling it. I never showed my emotions, ever. My parents kept asking me if I wanted to go to therapy, but dancing was my life and I did just that.” - From the August 7, 2007 issue of Soap Opera Digest on dealing with her brother Brad’s death.
In addition to her role as Stephanie on DAYS, Shelley is also an accomplished dancer. She planned to pursue a career on Broadway when she was sixteen, but her dancing teacher suggested that she enter the Miss Teen Lousiana pageant in order to gain contacts in showbiz. She won and and went on to win the title of Miss Teen USA in 2004. The prizes for winning this pageant included a modeling contract and a scholarship to the School of Film and Television in New York.
The biggest tragedy of Shelley’s life came in 2001 when her older brother, Brad, was killed in a drinking and driving accident at only eighteen-years-old. Needless to say, the loss of her brother was extremely difficult to deal with and she became a crusader against drinking and driving, working with the Louisiana non-profit organization Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse (CADA). She also became a spokesperson for Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) and the “Buzz Free Prom" project, which was co-sponsored by MADD encouraging young adults to sign a pledge and have a “buzz-free” prom season.
Although Shelley doesn’t have much acting experience, she has generated positive reviews from critics and fans alike for her portrayal as Stephanie Johnson. Many fans have enjoyed her chemistry with co-star Darin Brooks (Max) and her relationship with her on-screen parents Stephen Nichols (Steve) and Mary Beth Evans (Kayla). She has been named “Performer of the Week” in Soap Opera Digest for her emotional portrayal in the aftermath of her character’s campus rape and even garnered a Daytime Emmy pre-nomination in 2008. Shelley has undoubtedly proven that she’s a young talent to watch out for.