Just the Facts:
Date of Birth:
July 22, 1990
Gabi Hernandez (2010 to present)
Bianca, I’m in the Band (2009)
Lola, One Life to Live (2008-2009)
Gabriel, Vampirita (2008)
Guest Star, Sequro Y Urgente (2007)
Girl swimming, Dexter (2006)
Rainbow, Lenny the Wonder Dog (2005)
• As a child, Banus dreamed of becoming a celebrity chef.
• She studied dance and was once a competitive ballroom dancer.
• She enjoys reading novels by author Paul Coelho.
• Banus loves watching cooking shows. She cites Cupcake Wars and Chopped among her favorites.
• Her younger sister, Gabriela Banus, is also an actress, who appeared in the Disney movie, Prom.
• Banus learned the soap ropes courtesy of her daytime dad on One Life to Live, A Martinez (ex-Ray). “It was amazing working with him,” she notes.
Born in Miami Beach, Florida, Banus exuded energy galore as a child. “I’ve always been really outgoing and extremely hyperactive,” says Banus. “A lot of times I would talk to people I didn’t know. They would come up to my mom and say, ‘You should get her into commercials or something.’”
Eventually, Banus’ mom took their advice. She got her daughter a talent manager, when she was 6, and her career was off and running.
Banus began appearing in commercials and print ads. She also landed acting roles on several Spanish soap operas.
Realizing her career wasn’t going to flourish living in Miami –- “there isn’t a lot of opportunity for TV and film work there,” she notes –- Banus made a bold move while in high school. She sent an audition tape to One Life to Live in New York and promptly got called in. It led to her first major acting job, when she was cast as Lola Montez. The role earned her a Young Artist Award nomination for outstanding young performer in a television series.
When her role on the soap came to an end in 2009, Banus relocated to Los Angeles. She landed a part on the ABC pilot See Kate Run and also appeared on Disney’s I’m in the Band and Zeke and Luther.
In 2010, Banus replaced Gabriela Rodriguez as Gabi Hernandez on Days of Our Lives.
The single actress lives in Los Angeles. She enjoys spending her weekends outdoors “hiking and exploring” with her sister and boyfriend. “We really love going to the movies, too,” notes Banus, admitting she’s a “movie addict.”