Just the Facts:
Date of Birth:
July 21, 1958
Justin Kiriakis (1987 to 1991; 2009 to present)
Gordon, Law & Order: LA (2011)
Sam, As the World Turns (2007 to 2008)
Ned, General Hospital (1991 to 2007)
Eye Doctor Hero, Higglytown Heroes (2004)
Beautiful Guy, Amy's Orgasm The Mentalist (2001)
Lewis, Oh, Grow Up (1999)
David, I Love You, Don't Touch Me! (1997)
Tamasaburo, Pom Poko (1994)
Devon, Final Embrace (1992)
• His nickname is "Waldo."
• Starred on Broadway as the Pirate King in The Pirates of Penzance.
• Once worked as a meat packer and horse wrangler.
• Has played opposite Jane Elliot on two soap operas. They were lovers on Days of our Lives and mother and son on General Hospital.
• He and his band, Kurth and Taylor, have performed on and produced songs for General Hospital, including the 2002 Daytime Emmy award-winner, Barefoot Ballet.
• Kurth produced the documentary Class C about a Montana high school’s girls’ basketball team; it won best film in its category at the 2008 Jackson Hole Film Festival.
A native of Billings, Montana, Wally Kurth was interested in both acting and music growing up. He went on to study musical theater at Loretto Heights College in Denver, Colorado. He later enrolled at UCLA, where he continued in their theater arts program and obtained his bachelor’s degree in 1985.
After pursuing a career on stage, which included work in regional theater, at the Kennedy Center and on Broadway, Kurth ended up on daytime in 1987, when he was cast as Justin Kiriakis on Days of Our Lives. He left the show in 1991 and immediately landed his second soap stint as Ned Ashton on General Hospital.
Over the years, Kurth has been active in the Los Angeles Equity waiver theatrical arena, where he has worked as both an actor and a director. He has lent his talents to the musical review Over the Rainbow: The Music of Harold Arlen and Sondheim: Part 3.
Kurth also writes music and performs with his band, Kurth and Taylor. Their multiple albums have won critical acclaim from Billboard magazine.
In 2004, Kurth ventured into hosting duties with his reality series, 1 Day With, on SOAPnet. The show featured Kurth documenting the daily lives of soap stars.
In his spare time, Kurth devotes many hours to charity. He spends numerous weekends performing music at functions to raise money for The Kurth & Taylor Foundation, an organization that donates funds to local and national children's charities.
Kurth resides in Los Angeles with his wife, Debra, and their son, Brogan.