1. Entertainment

Updated August Spoilers: Sami and E.J.'s Wedding Interrupted!

Sami prepares to marry E.J. this week, even though Rafe is still on her mind. The wedding does not go off as planned, however, when Roman shows up and interrupts, hoping his daughter doesn't go through with it. Before Sami and E.J. can be pronounced man and wife, Rafe arrives just in time with the recording of E.J.'s confession that he kidnapped Sydney. How will Sami react upon learning the truth? More spoilers for the week of August 23 include:

Monday, August 23:

• Roman interrupts Sami and E.J.'s wedding and puts handcuffs on his daughter.
  • Rafe offers Nicole 24-hour FBI protection, but she decides to flee.
  • Gabi calls Rafe and informs him that Sami and E.J.'s wedding is in progress.
  • Rafe interrupts the wedding before Sami and E.J. can be pronounced husband and wife.
  • Stephanie is shocked to learn that the father of Chloe's baby is Philip.
  • Stephanie begs Ian to hack into the computer system and change the paternity results, but finds that someone else beat him to it. Who?
  • Carly sees the results of Chloe's paternity test at St. Mary's.

Tuesday, August 24:

• Carly has good news for Chloe and informs her that Daniel is the father of her baby.
  • Chloe learns how far Carly has gone to keep the truth from Daniel.
  • Chloe shows her baby bump to Philip and Melanie.
  • Nathan and Stephanie make love, although they are both distracted.
  • Rafe confronts E.J. at his wedding.
  • Rafe implores Sami to listen to what he has to say.

Wednesday, August 25:

• Bo testifies at Dr. Baker's trial on Hope's behalf.
  • Hope is called in to testify at Dr. Baker's trial.
  • Nicole fears for her life and goes to Brady for help.
  • Vivian tells Gus she plans to put Maggie in the sarcophagus.
  • Maggie promises not to abandon Brady.
  • Rafe informs Sami that E.J. orchestrated Sydney's kidnapping.
  • Sami must decide whether to believe E.J. or Rafe.

Thursday, August 26:

• Sami finally hears the recording and learns the truth about E.J. kidnapping Sydney.
  • E.J. tries to explain his actions to Sami.
  • Melanie tells Maggie about Chloe's pregnancy.
  • Hope testifies against Dr. Baker at his trial.
  • Dr. Baker has a change of heart and decides to plead guilty.
  • Nicole panics after Brady rejects her plea for help.

Friday, August 27:

• Daniel and Chloe get a new roommate: Nicole.
  • Daniel and Chloe share news of the pregnancy with Victor.
  • The sarcophagus arrives, and Vivian begins to set her plan for Maggie in motion.
  • Rafe promises that E.J. will go to jail.
  • Stefano tries to stop Sami from leaving with the kids.
  • Stefano scolds E.J.
  • Kate worries about losing Will over Stefano and E.J.'s secrets.
  • E.J. is comforted by Arianna.

Additional Spoilers:

• Carly sees how emotional Bo is over what happened with Hope.
  • Victor gets his revenge on Nicole.
  • Melanie sees Vivian up to no good.

Coming Up:

• Rafe and Sami reaffirm their love for one another and spend some time in bed together.
  • E.J. threatens Nicole and tries to kill her, but Daniel saves the day.
  • Caroline lectures Arianna about family.
  • Rafe has an important question for Sami.
  • E.J. is shot!

Comments

August 22, 2010 at 5:53 am
(1) AMP says:

if Sami and Rafe are truly back together – I am done with Days – I fastforwarded every scene since he’s been involved from the beginning – LUMI or EJAMI but NOT safe

August 22, 2010 at 3:48 pm
(2) Carol says:

You have missed some great scenes with Sami and Rafe. I’m a LUMI fan, too, but since they dropped Brian from the cast, I think the next best for Sami is Rafe. At least he’s not a criminal like EJ!

August 23, 2010 at 8:39 am
(3) CapeSafe says:

Safe is the reason I started watching Days again back in 2008.. This whole Egagme storyline lost me the first time around and nearly lost me this time as well. Thankfully Rafe saved the day and stops the wedding YAY!!!!

August 23, 2010 at 12:37 pm
(4) Kim says:

Sami and EJ belong together. She has always loved EJ since the second she laid eyes on him. The chemistry between the two actors (alison s. and James Scott) is unparalleled. I have to believe that the writers see this and Rafe and Sami will be short-lived.

August 23, 2010 at 1:45 pm
(5) Angel says:

I believe Sami & EJ are the better couple, they both have lied, deceived & done things to each other & others in their past that they are sorry for. They are so much alike that they need to be with each other. Their online romance chemistry is hot, like no other on the set. Sami has always loved EJ & EJ loves Sami….so I hope for the viewers sake they let them get together and stay together….love them as a couple!

August 23, 2010 at 3:23 pm
(6) Diane says:

I love Sami and Rafe together. Imagine the storylines with them. EJ and Sami just kind of blend into the background too much with day to day family stuff but, with Rafe being FBI and Sami most likely getting involved solving mysteries, well, that is so awesome. They remind me of John and Marlena. Sami herself said when in bed with Rafe at one point that no one ever made her feel like that before. Sami has tuned the coin to the good side now and is better matched with Rafe where EJ is better with Arianna as she is a bit more of a bad girl. I know she’s leaving but, she is better for him.

August 23, 2010 at 4:44 pm
(7) Gary Oldham says:

When I was is Salem last week, I stopped by the Cheating Heart and ordered the pizza. It was so soggy. Adrienne needs to do something about it fast. I should’ve went to the Brady Pub and had the Brady Burger with cheese. That would’ve been much better tasting.

August 23, 2010 at 4:55 pm
(8) Richella says:

Vivain is getting a sarcophagus ? Don’t tell me she plans on putting Maggie in that. That woman is a total psycho. Victor needs to commit her to a mental institution for the rest of her life. Vivian tried to bury Carly alive, tried to kill Melanie and noiw wants vto harm Maggie. She needs to go and go fast.

August 23, 2010 at 7:21 pm
(9) anna marie says:

i think sami be with rafe. ej should be in jail.

August 23, 2010 at 8:11 pm
(10) Old timer of DAYS says:

I prefer EJ & Sami. Have we forgotten Santos & Colleen. EJ & Sami are destined to be together. Rafe bores me. I am also sick of Stephanie. Melanie & Nathan are perfect for each other. Steph should have stayed w/Phillip. Daniel & Carly should try to be a family & bring back my Bo & Hope.

August 23, 2010 at 9:01 pm
(11) Avis says:

ej and sami have always belonged together. they have both done so much to eachother, and if u guys havnt heard already but sami is gonna shoot ej. of course shell feel bad about it and apologize but hey! this means the plate is clean and of course ej will forgive her then he’ll protect her from the police firguring out. Then shell realize she reqally loves him and good bye rafe!!!!

August 23, 2010 at 10:28 pm
(12) Thor says:

Ej and Sami belong together…once the Ejami scenes are through..I will not be watching days as much. I also think Chloe and Phillip belong together, I’ve loved their romance since they were teens!

August 24, 2010 at 12:45 pm
(13) tammy hag,md says:

i think that was the stupidest thing ever to put sami back with rafe i dont like him or them together if sami and ej isnt going to be toghether than i wont be watching days eithier i mean for real people sami&ej was meant to be from the beginning when she was living in the apartment after lucas,put rafe with some other boring honest person which isnt sammi

August 24, 2010 at 1:28 pm
(14) LO says:

I can’t stand Rafe. I use to LOVE Sami but all she does now is get on my nerves. EJ deserves better. Rafe just needs to go.

August 24, 2010 at 4:46 pm
(15) Beer Bucket Dude says:

Attention Days fans in the South Jersey area. I just want to let everyone know that tonight (8/24/10) is beer bucket night at The Park Tavern, located at Park & Spring Garden Aves in beautiful Palmyra,NJ 08065. The beer bucket special is where you get a bucket filled with 5 12oz bottles of your choice of Miller Lite,Coors Light,Miller, and Budweiser on ice for $6. Thats a great bargin. Also Dave will be bartending tonight alot of people say he looks like a young version of Bo. So come on down to the Park,say hi to Dave and enjoy an ice cold bucket of beer of your choice.

August 24, 2010 at 10:03 pm
(16) BakerFan says:

Dr. Baker is THE best thing to EVER happen to Salem and it is completely RIDICULOUS that he is LEAVING. :( That is all.

August 24, 2010 at 11:46 pm
(17) owen holmes says:

Glad Dr Baker is leaving, I can’t stand his personality. I think Rafe and Sami should be together all ways. EJ is a crime figure like his father and cannot be trusted in to many areas, rafe is a caring man thats for the right all ways and Sami kids adore him, even Will.

August 24, 2010 at 11:46 pm
(18) Cheryl says:

I am sick of Rafe, he is so boring!!! Voice is so monotone, and has an air of arrogance about him that I can not stand. I wish the whole Hernandez family would leave Salem. The two sisters are as boring as Rafe. I want Brady and Nicole together. Sami and EJ are perfect matches.

August 25, 2010 at 1:30 am
(19) Old timer says:

Been watching the show since 1980, haven’t missed an episode. The show is just so predictable. Rafe reminds me of John Black, taking the place of Roman way back when. Kinda like replacing E.J.. I would love to see Rafe and Sami be together because he is so fricken Hot!! Time will tell. Adrianna is a good fit with E.J.

August 25, 2010 at 8:01 am
(20) Aussiegirl says:

We are about 9 mths behind you guys so i rely on the internet to keep up to date on whats happening and if i know now that EJ and Sami aren’t going to make it then there is no point in me watching anymore. Seriously Rafe is so boring and so not a good match with Sami. She and EJ belong together the chemistry is off the charts. The writers need to sit up and take notice of the number of Ejami fans out there and keep these two together…life between them will never be boring!

August 25, 2010 at 12:21 pm
(21) Mz. Jae says:

It makes sense that the writers don’t have EJ and Sami together if you think about the Santo/Colleen storyline. EJ will always love Sami but in the end she realizes that he is not good for her. EJ will turn bitter like Santo. The same with Stephano’s obsession with Marlana. Its the DiMera’s wanting what they can’t have -A Brady Woman. And the kicker is they both had children -hence John Black DiMera and Johnny and Sydney DiMera.

I really don’t like the goody two-shoes Sami. I think she is so niave to be duped by EJ and that’s what makes me mad about them getting together. For Sami to have done so much underhanded and conniving things in her hayday, she had no common sense throughout the whole ordeal and that just made me want her to be with Rafe more. Sorry Ejami fans…

August 25, 2010 at 2:59 pm
(22) cynthia says:

i want to know if sydney is a cripple. i think she should be old enough to walk by now but the child is always being carried or in a stroller. what gives with that. are they pretending that she is still an infant. also, did sami forget that ej raped her a while back. sami is so pathetic, she doesn’t care who she marries as long as she has someone. she is always whining that she can make up her own mind, what mind.

August 25, 2010 at 3:03 pm
(23) sue says:

Rafe is just horrible to watch and his emotionless face makes me sick. If Safe are back together, then I won’t make time for the show. EJ has so much more acting ability and is so polished and easy on the eyes. Love EJ!!

August 25, 2010 at 3:31 pm
(24) HappyDaze says:

Ejami fans rejoice – Sami is pre-ordained to be with EJ!!! What All-American blonde bimbo could resist EJ’s smarmy, pond scum demeanor storyline? Sami has the intelligence of a broom and just as sharp – they’re so perfect for each other! Rafe is the quintessential good guy and sooooo boring what a yawner!! There aren’t any alternatives, other than Sami feeling twinges of remorse and loss that EJ is no longer in her life now that she’s shot him. Too bad she can’t hit EJ’s 10 ring. Sami should scram back to her namesake; ‘Biggest Loser.’ And boo hoo for Rafe! He should be with someone who shares his blasé personality and interest in all things ho hum – let’s see, who could we get for him? Maybe Adrienne. Just as exciting and plenty of time to go to the fridge for a 20-minute snack. And could the producers slow down the storyline just a smidge? It takes 786 episodes for Rafe to nail EJ and another 422 shows to get from Nicole’s apt to the Stephano mansion to spill the beans to Sami!! Any chance we can move on before people start dropping dead from old age? If they slow down anymore, we’ll be going backwards in time – back to when Vivian was in grade school – ewwww.

Also, If I hear Hope plead her guilt anymore, I’m going to vomit!! She really needs to spend more than 2 years in the Ha Ha motel for boinking the village idiots on the head – THEN we wouldn’t have to listen to her melodramatic “I’m guilty, it’s all my fault” pleas. (We all know she’s responsible for the BP oil spill, floods in Pakistan and failing HS dropouts!!!) Gaawwwd. How sanctimonious can you get? Give us a break; yeah, I know, she’s the star, she should get her own trailer, $500K @ episode, storyline edit control and more scenes!

August 25, 2010 at 7:08 pm
(25) rainy says:

Sammy has always gotten A raw deal,EJ knows , and loves her, no matter what.They are the BEST COUPLE EVERRRRR.If not , whats the point of watching… Let THEM have the wedding we have all wanted to see for SOOOO TOOOO LONG.

August 26, 2010 at 9:29 am
(26) bonnie says:

i think sami and e.j. belong together !!!!!!!!!! i think they should work it out they are great together !!!!!

August 26, 2010 at 2:50 pm
(27) shorty says:

I wish they’d get another storyline besides girl gets boy or man and they break up and girl goes to another man, gets pregnant by another man and lies to to keep her “true” love. Or, boy doesn’t get girl and then tries to break up his “true” love. Why not just keep two people together and show what interesting things can happen if they stay together and face trials and tribulations as a couple?

August 26, 2010 at 3:02 pm
(28) sue says:

Sami needs to learn to act first, then maybe she can get over being so hateful. Rafe needs to go back to high school because that’s where he belongs. Can’t stand Rafe. Repeatedly turns a good scene into a bad one. He has no personality and his hairdo is just as bad as his acting. I’m sure some of the younger crowd thinks he’s so sexy and macho. So, this may keep him on the show. It’s not his acting. Gee why does Sami like such a boring person? At least E.J. comes off as a man.

August 26, 2010 at 4:05 pm
(29) pennyjo says:

Rafe,Ariana,

and

brady all came from passions none of them can act

August 26, 2010 at 4:16 pm
(30) Diane says:

Bo and Hope need to be back together. Stepanie and Nathan need to split and she needs to get back with Philip or move on. Melanie should be with Nathan. Sami should be with Rafe, the only man to ever be compeltely honest with her and love her unconditionally. Roman needs to find love. Maggie should be with Victor. Stefano should make Kate pay for keeping the secret that Chad is his. Abe and Lexie’s storyline should be spiced up with some adventure. Gabi should be with Will. Brady should find new love. Nicole should be done for all her actions. Chloe and Daniel should be happy together. Vivian needs to be carted off to the looney bin. They should bring back John and Marlena. Adrianne should get back with Justin. Melissa Reeves is returning and will be a nice breath of fresh air. Glad to see Dr. Baker gone and Arriana. Kristin Alfonso needs to weigh more. She looked so good in flashback scenes with her face more soft, rounded out. They also need to have a gay male and lesbian female couple on the show. They don’t really represent the world as a whole on it. No Asians, only a couple African Americans, no Native Americans, no Indians; they have mostly all white people who are heterosexual. That is where the boredom lies is in the narrow minded boy/girl only relationships. Also in the mostly white concepts with no real variety. Thney also need more places, location shooting etc. to bring some life in. They used to do location shots alot especially with the early Stefano years. But, they really need to represent everyone and not just a small limited fraction.

August 26, 2010 at 4:32 pm
(31) Redskins Robert says:

I don’t understand some people at times. They come here and complain about the show, the acting,the writing,the actors & actresses and so but still watch. I’ve been a big fan of Days for years watching it with my Mom and I admit there had excellent stories in the 60′s,70′s and 80′s. The stories are good these days but I do admit they’re not like it was back in those days but things change. It 2010 going on 2011,you can’t live in the past. If you don’t like Days don’t watch. Its that simple.

August 27, 2010 at 1:05 pm
(32) Totaldayzfan says:

Omg, now E.J. is gona get shot probably Dr Baker or Nichole, like Jr Ewing who shot Jr who shot E.J. It will bring Sami to his bedside and leave Rafe. I think Kate screwed every man in Salem n Chad is Stepheno’s son by her and she has not told him. OMG.
But, seriously , in Defense of E.j> Sami needs to forgive him , cos he had a point she did the EXACT same thing to him. It was cruel and inhuman and at least E.j. had guilt enough to not run off with her kids and let her die lonely .
I really think E.j. has more of a human being since than TONY ever did, if it had been TONY he would have left Anna dry lol.
I hope E.J. doesn’t die though I love his character, and Daniel needs to be with Carley, and Victor needs to commit Viv in a looney bin, hope he rescues Maggy and divorces that dumb tramp and Marries her. and Least we forget Bo and Hope will get back together it will always be Bo and Hope ;)

August 27, 2010 at 1:46 pm
(33) susan daniels says:

If Sami would have stayed with EJ I would have never watched DOOL again. Today the show finally redeemed what made it great in the 60′s. This was one of the BEST SHOWS ever bringing down EJand in doing so taking Stefano down also. BRAVO to the writers…

August 27, 2010 at 2:12 pm
(34) Deborah Panron says:

i was so happy when ej and sami was getting married, now they are apart again. why can`t you guys put ej and sami together and let them be happy for a change. i can`t stand rafe, please get sami and ej back together. I enjoy watching days, but you guys always keep us going then you change and change for the worst.

August 27, 2010 at 4:56 pm
(35) jc lamb says:

I’ve been watching Days for almost 40 years, and I have never been so disappointed with the writing. Just once, Sami could have stepped up to be the better person, the more forgiving; instead, you had her, as usual, be the user, the winer, the first class idiot. Rafe: she deserves you! You put the need to stick it to EJ above Sami and her children’s happiness. Such stupid predictability does not bear watching!

August 27, 2010 at 5:23 pm
(36) jc lamb says:

Uh, for the record, Rafe did NOT love Sami unconditionally: She lied to him because she thought she was protecting Sydney, and he ditched her permanently! “Oh Sami, I love you so much that I can’t stand to be around you because you lied to me once, and oh, by the way, I think I’ll take the man who does love you uncondtionally away from you, and take a father from his children permanently. That’ll show you how much I care!” Jeez Sami, grab a brain and while you’re at it, get some depth to your character!

August 28, 2010 at 1:19 am
(37) Kim says:

Sami is no better than EJ. Sami has hurt people for years- thank God everyone gave her over 20 chances to change her life- why cant EJ get the same forgivness that Sami received- Done with days after 31 years. Sami did change Lucas baby test- kept from Lucas that he was Wills father for years to get Austin- it killed Will! These writters need to give fans what they want!!!

August 28, 2010 at 12:56 pm
(38) jack says:

u can never please all the fans…..i think sami deserves someone better than e.j….bo and hope need to reconcile and carly nees to leave town and take vivian with her….

August 28, 2010 at 3:32 pm
(39) Kari says:

I am so glad that Sami finally knows about Sydney kidnapping it about time that jerk get what he deserves.

August 30, 2010 at 11:21 am
(40) LOVESLIVES says:

wHY does EJ always have to be the bad guy . Sami is a spoiled brat .If she loves her kids so much why doesn’t she take care of them instead of running off to have sex allthe time. Roman and Caroline are depressing.I don’t have four years to wait for EJ and Sami to have another love scene.All the other couples have sex all the time . but not that greek G0d EJ.I’ll find another soap with better writing.

August 30, 2010 at 8:29 pm
(41) Rebecca Kostrach says:

Rafe and Sami? UGGG! Not again. She didn’t live up to his standards before. What makes her think she will again. She and EJ are much better suited – they both do bad things but feel sorry afterwards. Rafe is too good to be true – Sami will never be happy with him, and if she is, then they’ve forgotten who she is and I’ll stop watching too – after more than 30 years.

September 1, 2010 at 12:11 am
(42) jim says:

Someone commented that if we don’t like the plot, then don’t watch. Well, I haven’t watched the show all week. Last week I thought E.J. was going to have something good happen in his life by marrying the one person he changed for and deeply loves. But, instead it just showed how immature and shallow Sami is. Wish E.J. could see it too. I used to love watching the show when E.J> and Sami were together. Not anymore.

September 2, 2010 at 10:21 pm
(43) Angie says:

I agree with Kim!!! Sami and EJ need to be together for a while get married and have steamier bedroom scenes. They had 1 hot scene before Sami had to go into hiding and met Rafe who screwed everything up!!! I’ve watched Days for over 30 yrs and it’s time the writers gave Sami a hot steamy husband who loves her and all her faults; like EJ. Enough of this back and forth Soap Shows are dying off air all the time. It’s time to give the show some excitement, some steam!!! The show is on the fast track to dying and losing its viewers because these writers of today are too laid back; using the same old used up material!! Use your imagination!!! OMG get some excitement going and lose the same crap soap writers have been writing for yrs; same story line just on a different soap showing it this week!! Get a grip people!! Bust Stephanie for what she has done to Melanie so that Melanie will be with the true man she loves & who loves her, Nathan; Hope is great but old news!! Put a spin on it leave Bo and Carly the way they are; Get Stephanie and Phillip back together & married to give the Mansion a New Lady of the House LOL;
Sami needs to be the Brady to marry a Dimera; EJ. Then once in the house and all the secret passages & tunnels she and EJ could discover all the “old” Dimera secrets while having a little “Hot Fun” in the tunnels!!! Hook Roman up with someone who will be a little sassy and rock his boring world; Maggie should be with Victor because he needs someone who can put him in his place and bring some excitement into his life and oh she could definitely take on Vivian.

See Angie Continued:

September 2, 2010 at 10:23 pm
(44) Angie says:

Continued from Angie: Kate and Stefano are great together; she should tell him Chad is his son. Abe and Lexie’s storyline should be spiced up with some adventure. Gabi should be with Will. Brady should stop acting so stupid and get it on with Nicole and find some kind of adventure together like her getting pregnant again and them actually having the baby and it really being theirs; a miracle. You know the old characters are getting old; you better start thinking of making new ones!!
Chloe and Daniel should be happy together, but let the truth come out about the baby, however let it really be Daniels since Vivian caused the entire mess let it show that Vivian changed the test to be Phillip and when Stephanie changed the test she didn’t realize it but she actually changed them to Daniel who really is the father.
Let Daniel find out what Vivian has done to manipulate Chloe into sleeping with Phillip and how she has hurt her, but let him turn to Chloe and press charges against Vivian and Stephanie; and love Chloe and the baby as well as thank Carly for helping Chloe when she was being blackmailed etc by Vivian. Then send Vivian off to the looney bin and let Maggie turn the key. OMG – I just gave you enough storylines to do you the next year and I’m not even a writer!!! Get rid of Safe Rafe and get some EJ & Sami excitement going!!! ASAP – Many of us old time viewers are ready to tune OUT!!

September 9, 2010 at 10:36 am
(45) Sue says:

It’s funny how addictive these soaps are. But, it hasn’t been an addiction when safe came about. It was just plain stupid at that point. Can these writers really get paid for such gibberish? They need to take some time to find out how to make us want to watch the show. My suggestion would be to not drag out plots to where they are so boring that you can watch the last three minutes and figure out what happened. Curling up with a good book is my preference for the hour spent on Days.

February 19, 2013 at 8:09 am
(46) south african says:

How can sami forgive EJ. 4 kidnapping sydney if she does she an idiot if they end up 2gether argh

March 14, 2013 at 2:50 pm
(47) Gee Simons says:

I truly love Sami and EJ and wanna see them happy ever after. They make a beautiful couple regardless of all the lies. In fact I beleive if they were honest with their feelings there wouldn’t be all these lies.