1. Entertainment

Crystal Chappell Let Go From Days of Our Lives

Crystal ChappellDaytime Emmy Award-winning actress Crystal Chappell has been let go from Days of Our Lives, as confirmed by Soap Opera Digest and her husband Michael Sabatino's Twitter account. Chappell posted, "Want you to know, as I understand it, DOOL has decided not to renew my contract." She also confirmed in another Twitter post, "P.S. Not the new writers decision." Her contract expires in August.

DAYS fans recall that Chappell returned to the show as Dr. Carly Manning, a.k.a. Katerina Von Leuschner in October 2009 after a 16-year absence. She killed her abusive husband, Lawrence Alamain, then fled to Salem and sought help from her former love Bo. It didn't take long for her to fall back in love with Bo and back into his bed. It was soon revealed that she had a daughter, Melanie Layton, as a result of a one-night stand with Dr. Daniel Jonas. Predictably, Vivian Alamain sought revenge on Carly for killing her nephew and even attempted to kill Melanie. After Bo and Hope reconciled, Carly soon became hooked on drugs to ease her pain. It appears she is now falling for Daniel, who is dating Jennifer. No word yet as to how the character will exit Salem, but many fans were hoping she would find love with Daniel again.

Soap fans may be aware that not only is Crystal Chappell an award-winning actress, but she is also the producer of the hit web series Venice, which premiered on December 4, 2009. Chappell also revealed in a TV Guide interview with Nelson Branco that she is also working on a new web soap opera called The Grove, which she is co-writing with her husband and former DAYS star Michael Sabatino.

Best of luck to the beautiful and talented Crystal Chappell in her future endeavors. She will definitely be missed on DAYS by many fans. To keep up with Chappell, visit her official website, follow her on Twitter, or "like" her Facebook page.

Crystal Chappell as Carly Manning

Mitchell Haaseth / 2009 NBC Universal

Comments

June 4, 2011 at 3:23 pm
(1) L. Strelecki says:

The writers are insane for letting such a talent go. They should hire her to give about 1/2 of that sorry cast acting lessons.

June 4, 2011 at 10:00 pm
(2) Riann says:

My guess is that at least part of the reason they had to let her go was for the show to be able to afford the return of John and Marlena.

June 6, 2011 at 3:34 pm
(3) Yenetti says:

I am so sad that Crystal Chappell is leaving. Its a shame,very talented and very good looking. SDhe will be missed and hopefully she’ll return one day. Good luck Crystal,love ya!

Yenetti, Salem,Illinois (Home Of DOOL)

June 6, 2011 at 5:24 pm
(4) nwcash says:

I am absolutely amazed that Ken Corday has stupidly decided not to renew this woman’s contract. I just started watching DOOL a year ago, and Miss Chappell is one of the few actors on the show who can really act! Despite inane plots and story lines (and hers were too few), she brought a talent and believability to the screen that no one else does. The good news: I won’t have to watch this show after she makes her exit, for she became the only reason I tuned in. The bad news: I won’t get to see her on television unless CBS can hire her for one of its soaps or unless she does what she should have done long ago and that’s go prime time. Thank heaven for the internet where I will be able to see her on her shows there. Watch out world! Crystal Chappell will be the Agnes Nixon of web series, and Mr. Corday’s poorly written and poorly acted soap will soon be history. Maybe he can ask Miss Chappell for a job one day.

June 7, 2011 at 1:02 am
(5) Maria says:

nwcash,

I live in Sherman Oaks not too far from NBC Burbank where Days in filmed and I heard from a source ( I can’t say who or where,in fact I shouldn’t be saying this much) that in wasn’t quite Ken Corday’s decision not renew Crystal’s contract. I heard she requested it not be renewed due otheer projects she’s working on plus wanting to spend more time with her family. How true it is I don’t know. Maybe she’ll come back for visits here and there.

June 8, 2011 at 2:20 pm
(6) julia vazquez says:

Ithink that Nicole should be happy by now please give her a happy life

June 9, 2011 at 2:16 am
(7) Janet says:

I’d like to know who the hell is left? I’m sorry but Carly leaving now (first off I never wanted her to return) is now stupid! There was such a great chemistry between her and Daniel! And now she’s gone?

Wth? They’ve let go of so many great characters and then added so many shoddy ones. It’s a wonder the show will stay afloat!

Writers have no clue what the hell they’re doing nowadays. It’s whims and fancies for them it seems. Not a consistent story amidst all of the drama.

June 10, 2011 at 10:43 pm
(8) Karmen says:

Carly was not a favorite character of mine but it is too bad she is leaving. I thought she paired well with the character of Daniel on the show – especially since they share a daughter, Melanie.
I guess I missed the news somewhere that John and Marlena are coming back. I did see on this site that Jack is coming back. Maybe if Days gets some of its old characters back, it will survive. I used to be a daily watcher but am not now. I am a fan of Sami and Rafe and Bo and Hope. If the show ever gets rid of them, I will quit watching it. And I’ve watched it since it started way back in the 60s.

June 12, 2011 at 12:29 am
(9) RICK MIOLINI says:

CARLY LET YOU KNOW YOU DID A GOOD JOB ON DAYS OF OUR LIVES AND LET YOU KNOW I WILL MISS YOU FOR EVER AND MYBE IN THE FUTURE LETS BE FRIENDS YOU AND ME AND YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND YOU ARE IN A GREAT SHAPE TO ME AND ARE GORGOUS TALENT CHARM GRACE AND BEAUTY OF A MAJOR STAR AND FANATIC

June 15, 2011 at 7:22 pm
(10) Marsha says:

I like Victor and Maggie. If they don’t make them a pair, I’ll stop watching.

August 16, 2011 at 12:35 pm
(11) jaxguy says:

Crystal Chappell should without question win the Best Actress Emmy next year. Her decent into drug hell is the best acting in a soap by anyone this year. DOOL is losing a great actress and I am so sorry she is leaving. Her acting has been perfection.

August 30, 2011 at 6:36 pm
(12) Helen says:

Glad to see Carley go. She no longer has a good part and it is time for her to exit. All the soaps have had pill poopers and it is quiet an old story line.