1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Blake Berris Returning to Days of Our Lives?

By May 9, 2012

Blake BerrisA beloved, albeit offbeat member of the Horton family may be headed back to Salem. According to the new issue of Soap Opera Digest, "insiders" are reporting that Blake Berris, who played Nick Fallon from 2006 to 2009, is returning to Days of Our Lives.

When last seen Nick was carted off to prison for killing Melanie's evil adoptive dad, Trent Robbins. The character was set to serve a two to five year sentence. Obviously, he's been a model prisoner.

Berris received a 2009 Daytime Emmy Awards nomination for Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series, but lost to Days co-star Darin Brooks (ex-Max). Since leaving the soap, he has done a number of primetime guest spots, an hilarious Jack in the Box commercial, and some movie work. The actor's most recent stint was as a drug addict in the independent film, Meth Head.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images/Toby Canham

Comments

May 9, 2012 at 4:30 pm
(1) Midge22 says:

This would be wonderful! Love Berris as Nick Fallon. He could reignite the energy project he did with Max and become a billionaire. He’d definitely be a spark between Mel and Chad and also maybe Gabi.

May 9, 2012 at 6:12 pm
(2) patsy says:

I,ve always liked BLAKE BARRIS .Hope they give him a good story this time

May 9, 2012 at 6:38 pm
(3) Laurence H says:

Maybe they should focus less on casting people and work on the ones they have left…because the constant game of “Now you see them, now you don’t” with the cast is getting annoying, to say the least.

May 9, 2012 at 8:10 pm
(4) Kathy says:

Not Nathan….Nick :)

May 9, 2012 at 9:30 pm
(5) Lily says:

Totally underwhelmed with this news.

May 10, 2012 at 12:25 am
(6) Shanae says:

You know they are going to bring him back as another character to complicate the…should I say it….ChaMie…haha….relationship.
I knew it was him in the “what happened last night” Jack in the Box commercial!

May 10, 2012 at 4:11 am
(7) Shenda says:

And when ratings don’t rise 6 months after he returns, he’ll get fired again, right? I’m getting so tired of the revolving door on this show.

May 10, 2012 at 7:44 am
(8) samidimera says:

Do not care about this idiot coming back. The days of Nick and Max and Chelsea were some of the worst Days in history. But what surprised me most from this article was that Nick and Max were up for outstanding actor emmy awards and one of them won. ?? WT?? I guess receiving blow jobs in your race car and working in an auto shop with your shirt off qualifies you for an Emmy? Wow.

Days is gonna be cancelled. There’s no question about it if this kind of thing is considered a way to get the shows ratings back up.

May 10, 2012 at 10:27 am
(9) Jane says:

I’m not so sure Days will be cancelled quickly. It is wildly popular in Australia when I visited there several years ago. They must get a nice fee for that.

May 10, 2012 at 10:30 am
(10) nathan via shelby,ohio says:

SamiDimera you are the most negative person on here! And you’re so hateful too!!

May 10, 2012 at 12:16 pm
(11) jan says:

May 10, 2012 at 12:16 pm
(12) jan says:

Don’t remember this guy. But from looking at his photo, I would say he is probably very forgettable! …….Hooray, it’s nice to know that Maggie and Victor are alive and well. What will TPTB think of next? I am sure it will involve EJ. Always does, and getting tired of seeing him all the time. Give him a rest! And Sammi too.

May 10, 2012 at 12:44 pm
(13) samidimera says:

to Nathan: How am I hateful? Everytime I comment here and no matter what I say, you all find reasons to attack me. Everytime. I have not once attacked any of you without first being attacked by you. In fact, this time I agree with the majority of you, and still I’m accused of being negative and hateful. Give me a break. This is a public board and I can post whatever I want – including “negative” and “hateful” things if I choose. If you don’t want to read it you don’t have to. But all of your attacks aren’t gonna keep me from posting whatever I feel like posting.

May 10, 2012 at 2:04 pm
(14) Jane says:

samidimera, you really do not understand forum protocol at all. We ALL are at the mercy of the forum moderator. Go to far, and a post could, and most likely will be deleted. It really is that simple. So you can say what you want, but it may not last long. Understand now?

May 10, 2012 at 3:42 pm
(15) samidimera says:

Jane: . I said NOTHING that would be deemed inappropriate for this forum. I simply said I didn’t want Nick to return and the show would be cancelled if this type of thing is what the writers think the fans want to see. It was an OPINION which I am allowed to give just as you are. And for that opinion I was told I was hateful and negative. Well, who cares? It certainly wasn’t “hateful” and there’s no rule about being negative.

I am actually quite sick of you pretending to be my mom. I have been a member of this board for a very long time. I understand how it works and I don’t need you to clarify anything for me. In fact, maybe you and your friends need clarification because if I remember correctly this About board has specific rules about personal attacks and yet none of you can manage to have a civilized debate. If someone disagrees with you, types in CAPS (heaven forbid!!), or is in the minority then they get treated to nasty personal attacks and are told to leave the board. It’s astonishing really.

Now, if you’d like to discuss Days, I’d be more than happy to do that. But I’m done talking to you about whether or not I can post here and what or how I should post. I’ll worry about me. You worry about you.

May 10, 2012 at 5:21 pm
(16) Jane says:

I’m sorry you are so confused, and you really misread my responses to you if you think I am your acting like your mom. Far from it. I corrected you on the use of CAPS. Further, I pointed out the idea that any participant in any forum can say what they want. That simply is not the case.

I do not want to be your mother. I think you have many interesting things to say. Nothing more. There is forum protocol which applies to all. We are very lucky to have a forum moderator who allows us to speak our minds. I’m sure you can agree on that.

I suggest that maybe we can all be less confrontational with each other and move the subject forward. I may not agree with what you say, but read with interest what you have to say.

May 10, 2012 at 8:09 pm
(17) jojo says:

I love nick and so happy he is back.

BUT IF they make EJ John’s son,I am gone…
IF EJ is John’s son, this would make EJ and Sami cousin.
John Brady[Black] cousin to Roman Brady and hald-brother to
Stefano DiMera. :(

May 11, 2012 at 10:04 am
(18) Laurence H says:

Wow……I’d have to agree with samidimera with everything that she is saying…because quite frankly DOOL dropped the ball with this reboot and has been poking that ball with pincushions further deflating it. The real problem lies in the fact that there is a serious gap in a key demographic on this show and that is the 20 somethings demographic. It seems that the younger generation on here are teenagers or barely 20 and then it jumps to the 30 year old demographic. And then no one’s single and living it up…they’re all playing musical chairs with their genitals and stealing boyfriends/girlfriends or being gay in theory and nothing more.

To Jane: you can try to sound like the voice of reason all you want to, but any idiot could gather the tone of condescension and arrogance in your comments to samidimera…..I almost thought you were talking to a child for a minute. Who are you to try to police someone’s comments? If the forum moderator has a protocol that she likes to go by, then SHE will enforce it….

May 11, 2012 at 10:39 am
(19) Bermudagirl says:

Sorry, samidimera but you ARE hateful: ‘Do not care about this idiot coming back.’

You ARE negative: ‘ But what surprised me most from this article was that Nick and Max were up for outstanding actor emmy awards and one of them won. ?? WT??’

You ARE inappropriate: ‘I guess receiving blow jobs in your race car and working in an auto shop with your shirt off qualifies you for an Emmy? Wow.’

Negative, again: ‘Days is gonna be cancelled.’ Maybe you need to look the definition of these words up so that you can identify when you use them.

Oh, you also suffer from multiple personality disorder since you and ‘Lawrence’ are clearly one and the same! I found nothing ‘condescending’ about Jane’s words and she sounds 100 percent more mature than the spoiled, temper tantrum throwing brat you’ve proven yourself to be.

May 11, 2012 at 10:46 am
(20) Bermudagirl says:

Oh, and don’t deny that ‘Lawrence H’ is really you, samidimera. The tone and word structure shows that the author is the same person, and no man I know of writes in that style. The comments by ‘Lawrence’ were clearly written by a woman.

Don’t try and deny it; I profile people for a living and I can say for sure, you ‘two’ are one and the same! Grow up, will you.

May 11, 2012 at 10:50 am
(21) Bermudagirl says:

Forgot to say it so this is my last post. I know samidimera will try and deny that the post written by ‘lawrence H’ is her, so I have this to say: if you want to try and pretend to be different people, change your writing style. For starters, you need to stop using the word ‘Wow’ in everything that you post and you won’t get busted!

May 11, 2012 at 12:30 pm
(22) daisy says:

People, this is Janets blog not the Days forum. Nobody goes to the actual forum anymore because they were alll driven away by the likes of samid and certain others. Now she come here to stir up trouble.

May 11, 2012 at 1:41 pm
(23) samidimera says:

I honestly cannot imagine being as pathetic as you people. You must be so miserable in your everyday life. You’re probably fat, ugly, socially awkward, and a giant loser and so you come here, put on your dozen or so fake names, pretend everyone loves you, pretend like you have some sort of power and control over people, pretend like people actually give a F*#$ what you have to say. Then after wasting what appears to be HOURS online, you shut it down, go to the kitchen, woof down 4 bowls of ice cream, pop your pimples, and lay down in bed alone with your cat while you watch a romantic comedy and pretend your the heroine and all the guys love you. LOL. Was that negative and hateful enough?

That’s fine. I have better things to do than waste my time defending myself here. Believe what you want. I don’t give a sh&@

May 11, 2012 at 3:28 pm
(24) Laurence H says:

I think I’m insulted that someone thinks I’m a woman…..but it doesn’t surprise me that there are true idiots on this forum. One, my name is LaUrence H……(there’s a U in my name, not a W, genius), Two, we’re all adults here so quit living in lala land think everybody’s positive and gets along…and Three, I assure you, BerMOOdagirl that I am very much a man and samidimera and I are NOT the same person….but I will admit that we have a similar cadence of commenting which is why I was liked her comments….oh and I’m black…

Look me up on Twitter: (@XanMilloh)….

Maybe that will clear things up for the idiots thinking I’m a damn woman

May 11, 2012 at 6:21 pm
(25) Jane says:

Well I tried. A message to the Moderator, can you shut this thread down? It really serves no purpose.

May 12, 2012 at 12:29 am
(26) Laurence H says:

Hey, Jane…..just a thought….you can stop commenting on this instead of trying to extend your “authority” to the moderator….no one should be taking any of this seriously and if you do, then that’s your problem. With that said, I don’t think bringing him back is a good idea, mainly because they keep bringing fresh faces, give them a bit of airtime, and then go right back to putting the same boring people at the forefront. I mean they built Madison up to be the Kate’s equal and a worthy advesary, and she quickly was reduced to a one dimensional character that made the other half to what will probably go down as one of the most boring couples in soap history.

A lot of us complaining actually love this show very much, which is why we are upset to see it going in this direction. I’ve been watching this show for years and sat through some of the dumbest storylines, sloppiest writing, and the most horrible character development. But enough is enough.

May 12, 2012 at 11:59 am
(27) Carol D says:

Very happy to see Nick coming back! I loved his nerdiness and think Blake Berris is a fine actor. It seems like an appropriate return…Nick serving out his prison time and returning to his family and friends…

May 12, 2012 at 1:33 pm
(28) Joanne says:

I loved Nick Fallon. He was such a cool character, different from the other young guys on the show, and he loved Melanie. Would love to see the two of them together again.

May 12, 2012 at 6:15 pm
(29) Jane says:

#26 To Laurence H: Not trying to extend any authority to the moderator. Many of these discussions turn into mud slinging contests attacking samidimera or visa versa. If that is ok with you, it certainly is ok with me! :)

May 13, 2012 at 11:13 pm
(30) Bermudagirl says:

O.k. ‘samidimera’ and ‘Laurence H’; you’re making it quite clear that you’re the same person so try and deny it all you want, it’s quite obvious. You’ve left too many clues that you are indeed one and the same so NICE TRY. ‘Laurence H’, yes, your writing style is that of a woman right down to the cattiness. BerMOOdagirl? Not only is that unbelievably childish, but what man would be so catty? Why do you defend sami so much with your comments coming one after the other? What do YOU care about what I post to her? Oh, yeah, because you conveniently have the ‘same cadence as her.’ Oh, please. Do you really think that I’m that dumb? GROW UP!

Anyone with half a brain can tell you’re the same person and your childish temper tantrums at being caught out only prove that I’m right. You are So pathetic…I’m laughing my head off right now. Since you don’t know that you have multiple personalities inside that one head of yours, I’m concerned that you really are some kind of nutjob. Therefore, I’m going to suggest that you get therapy for every one of the aliases you have going on here…who knows, maybe you can get a group discount for your multiple personalities. Try it, o.k.?

May 14, 2012 at 12:29 am
(31) Laurence H says:

Bermudagirl, you can throw your pointless words around all you want….I got nothing to prove to you…..and if you would just check my Twitter (@XanMilloh) you would see that I am a black guy (not a woman). But I can tell that you don’t want to be proven wrong, so you’ll just sit here making a further fool of yourself….believe what you want, simpleton, because at the end of the day, you’re on a forum hiding behind your computer afraid to show your face…for all I know, YOU’RE samidimera and one your personalities is going berserk…..

FYI, the cattiness in my comments might have to do with the fact that I’m gay…..kitty can scratch, right?

May 14, 2012 at 12:32 am
(32) Laurence H says:

Or you can type in Laurence H (@XanMilloh)

May 14, 2012 at 8:05 am
(33) Laurence H says:

@samidimera…..don’t worry about people like bermudagirl thinking that we are the same person……she hit me up on Twitter and proceeded to show her true colors by calling me a lot of gay slurs and making other low brow cracks about my sexuality…so it would make sense that someone like her apparently DOES have half a brain if she can’t see that she is talking to two different people…..but I’ve had enough of this…

To the moderator, if you are looking at this juvenile back and forth pettiness, I really do apologize to you for polluting your column with this garbage. This is my last reply on this column regarding this triviality so continue to do what you are doing and please don’t punish the others for low brow people like me or…..the other person.

May 14, 2012 at 4:30 pm
(34) mishy says:

Wow. Too much drama here and too nasty. Lighten up folks.

May 14, 2012 at 10:20 pm
(35) CAROLE says:

Here we go again!!!!! Bring back a “lead” character(Jack)—no story line and then FIRE him??????? Have we really “missed” Nick???????

If you want to improve the story line—-bring back the Families who built this show—Maggie, Shawn D and his family, Julie and Doug, the Brady “kids”—especially Steve.

FAMILY!!!!!

May 15, 2012 at 3:08 am
(36) Dale says:

I am a long-time DOOL fan, having watched it for over 40 years and I agree with “Carole”……..bring back more of the original Horton and Brady family members. By the way, what is the story with Caroline always being elsewhere!? I seem to recall a year or so ago that they were going to give more story lines to the older members of the cast and now we rarely see Caroline. And why did they bring Kayla home and leave Steve and their little boy in Africa – ridiculous! But seriously, why not bring Mike Horton back? I was never interested in “Nick Fallon”and his reappearance does not excite me. Another question…..what is going to happen to Abe once Lexie leaves the show? I hate to see this couple broken up but I don’t see why they couldn’t have just replaced the Lexie character with another actress.

May 15, 2012 at 6:59 am
(37) Barbara says:

I thought Blake Berris was good as Nick. Brought a bit of lighthearted quirkiness & humor to Salem, like Jack used to. Salem should be populated with all types of people, just like in life.

May 15, 2012 at 8:58 pm
(38) Linda Robinson says:

Yayyyyyyyyyy I loved Blake Berris as Nick and Im so glad to see him come back to Days.

May 16, 2012 at 11:26 am
(39) Ellerbaker says:

Well, it would be nice to see a good guy (like Lucas did) get out of prison for a change. Nick will be a nice addition to the young Salemites. We need a nerdy guy to “smartin” them up. Cause Lord they need it.
AND HE IS A HORTON.

May 17, 2012 at 11:34 am
(40) Dmitri says:

Wow! All this drama on this thread would make a good soap storyline! LOL

As for Nick, I hope he does not interrupt Melanie and Chad’s relationship. I am still waiting for Nathan to come back and win over Melanie’s heart. Maybe Gabi and Nick can be together?

May 20, 2012 at 4:25 pm
(41) Emmy says:

I don’t understand why DOOL fires actors that we love, only to go out there and hire nobodies that we don’t give a hoot about. I’m not even talking about Blake, because I did like the character of Nick. I’m referring to other new actors they’ve hired since announcing these firings (they haven’t appeared on-screen yet) and the fact that there are casting calls out there for other new actors as well. Why not keep the actors we love and write exciting storylines for them instead of replacing them? It doesn’t make sense.

They can lose Abe, Roman (we hardly see him anyway), Melanie, Ian, and Gabby. I really don’t like John (due to Drake’s bad acting) or the icy cold Marlena–I don’t buy her being so loved by everyone; she just isn’t lovable to me! Lose those two and bring back Shawn and Belle!

To Dale: Kayla’s son is supposed to be in Salem–they just always have him occupied off-screen by saying ‘he’s in the back with Caroline’ or something like that.

It’s been really entertaining reading all these posts but I have to concur that it’s plain that some of these posts are written by the same people with different aliases. I think Samidimera and Laurence H ARE the same person, so why keep denying it? It becomes silly after awhile–it’s easy enough to just use a different name so just admit it or shut up. Also why is Laurence so mad about ‘gay slurs’ after he’s already admitted he’s gay? What’s to get mad about? This is so funny!

May 21, 2012 at 4:06 am
(42) ThePhoenix says:

I like the comments posted here. It is like being in an episode of days of our lives. The DRAMA never ends. Sami Dimera you rock! And I don’t care if you are hateful or perceived as hateful! I like the bitchy comments exchanged between you guys. It is so entertaining. And also sammi dimera, you truly are as obnoxious asthe real sami from days of our lives .I hope sami becomes a dimera so that she can piss her mother off! That would be so cool. I guess that means Jane is sami’s mim however bermuda girl must be the real Dr Evans. keep up the hateful bitchy comments. I am really entertained. Thank you so much!

May 24, 2012 at 12:35 am
(43) Laurence H says:

Emmy, I would have to concur that you are a complete moron if you are as stupid to think that I would even have to pretend to be someone else…..now why would I put a link to my Twitter account with my real name and picture if I needed to pretend to be someone else? Bermudagirl didn’t even have the courage to show her face or her name when she proceeded to bombard my account with gay and racial tweets, but it didn’t anger me in the least because people like that are in this world, that’s a fact…I even retweeted some of them so that my followers could see how stupid some people can be…. If I sound anything like samidimera it is pure coincidence…but I have no need to pretend to be someone I’m not….I spent my entire teenage life pretending to be straight…my “pretending” days are over….much like this show if they keep getting of characters just for bit players that had no lasting impact anyway…..

Oh and if you want to check out Bermudagirl (Real name Annie apparently) check out her troll page…

@Annie60253146

May 27, 2012 at 7:46 pm
(44) Darian says:

Wow, this shot is amazing!! (couple kinissg under the tree) with all those lovely autumn colours of the foreground tree, against the greens of the background tree and the sky blue piercing through! The couple really stand off and give the picture such a lovely warming feel. Fantastic photography!