1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives' Will and Gabi Have Sex

By August 20, 2012

Chandler Massey and Camila BanusA bad week for two former lovers leads them back into each other's arms this week, when Days of Our Lives' Will and Gabi have sex.

It's a bold move, considering Will recently admitted he was gay. And it's sure to have some viewers up in arms.

Weigh in on the surprising plot turn.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Paul Drinkwater

Comments

August 20, 2012 at 10:15 am
(1) SM says:

IT IS RIDICULIOUS AND DOESN’T MAKE ANY SENSE!

August 20, 2012 at 12:56 pm
(2) Lisa says:

So, is the the new writers? Are they trying to Michelle Backman the show with a “cure the gay” moment? This is stupid beyond belief.

August 20, 2012 at 3:17 pm
(3) Voice of Reason says:

I really don’t understand this. Is he trying it out again to make sure he doesn’t like sex with a girl? See now this almost makes me feel bad for Gabi even though I cant stand her.

August 20, 2012 at 4:17 pm
(4) Nann says:

It makes sense since Will is still trying to adjust to realizing what his sexuality is…especially after being verbally attacked by one of his oldest friends. That doesn’t mean that I that I don’t want Will and Sonny together. I wish there had been another choice….

e – It makes perfect sense; Will and Gabi are best friends but he realizes that he is gay and takes off and looks for Sonny.

August 20, 2012 at 8:55 pm
(5) BLONDIE says:

GIVE ME A BREAK.. so we have come to useless writing just to give gabi something to do. what a waste when you could try to keep melanie someone who can act besides gabi need to go to jail for what she had andrew do, or is nothing going to be done because her brother is a cop?

August 21, 2012 at 7:53 am
(6) LouisianaDaysFan says:

August 21, 2012 at 5:26 pm
(7) Dmitri says:

@LouisianaDaysFan, ur comment makes no sense. Being gay isn’t a choice. Will knows who he is, he just slept with Gabi because of grief sex, like EJami last November. But this is a stupid storyline.

August 21, 2012 at 9:38 pm
(8) LouisianaDaysFan says:

@Dmitri, Huh??

August 22, 2012 at 12:19 am
(9) Ned Zackmann says:

There is nothing wrong with Will having sex jusy like thrre is nothing wrong with Sonny kissing Will. Why is everyone in an uproar? Gabi is much hotter than Sonny. I think they should make Will be bisexual. That would be much better. Have the best of both worlds. Who say you cant have youre cake and eat it too and burn the candle at both ends? People who say it cant be done are spouting total bull$hit!!!!!

August 22, 2012 at 3:21 am
(10) Gary says:

It’s just SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stupid. It’s more believable that he’d run off to the gay bar an have a tryst than back into the arms of an EX who is a GIRL. I think is SO lame, and if they don’t do something seriously awesome to bounce back from it, I’ll give up watching. How dumb can the writers be?

August 22, 2012 at 7:53 pm
(11) Lame says:

Ned, Will is bisexual…. He is having sex with girls… He presumably wants to have sex with boys too…. That makes him bi. Hell, 95% of us are bi most likely even if it’s just in our heads…. If most people were honest they’d admit we’ve all wondered about same sex relations and what they’d be like…. Will is young and still discovering himself…He might fall in love with a guy (but I think the guy should be scrumptious and sonny isn’t scrumptious) or he could fall in love with a girl… They should definitely leave this avenue open for Will….. And Ned you’re right. Gabby is much hotter than Sonny especially in his little safari shirt and tanktop.

August 22, 2012 at 11:52 pm
(12) Jennifer says:

Having sex one time with a girl after coming out does not make you bisexual. Now if Will keep sleeping with Gabi, then I would buy it but I don’t think that’s gonna happen. Will was messed up in the head and sought comfort in the only person he ever slept with. Personally, I think it would have made more sense for hime to sleep with a guy. Or better yet, how about he stop hyper reacting to stuff and go talk to Marlena? These writers are killing me! Bring on WilSon!

August 25, 2012 at 12:38 am
(13) John says:

Being a gay viewer, there is no way a gay guy is going to have sex with a woman under any circumstance. Can’t even fake it.

August 27, 2012 at 7:40 pm
(14) JediSenshi says:

I bet in a couple of weeks Gabi will find out she is pregnant with Will’s child.

August 27, 2012 at 9:31 pm
(15) Hagedskew says:

Here’s a twist…what if Gabi becomes pregnant from having sex with Will?

August 27, 2012 at 10:45 pm
(16) Barbara says:

It DOES make sense people. Will is still trying to come to terms with his sexuality. Sonny’s kiss probably scared him, in that Will liked it more than he was ready to admit. Sleeping with Gabby was his version of denial.

August 28, 2012 at 1:24 am
(17) John says:

Barbara:
I agree with you for the most part. But, a gay guy sleeping with a girl is hard to believe. Not only would it get uncomfortable, but in my opinion, certain “important parts” wouldn’t function the way they normally should.
I do think Will was scared and is nervous about taking the next step, but sleeping with your ex girlfriend who you were never physically attracted to is just stupid.
Also, it shows that being gay could possibly be a choice, which is the wrong impression to give.

August 28, 2012 at 3:21 am
(18) Heather says:

LouisianaDaysFan says:
“Makes perfect sense. I think Will was and still is mixed up and Gabi can STRAIGHTEN him out.”

EXACTLY the reason why this was a stupid move on the writers’ part. It doesn’t make sense & it leads (less “enlightened”) people to think that being gay is a choice…. Maybe even that gay men go around & have sex with men, women or whomever, whenever, for whatever reason.

Will is gay. He is attracted to men. So why (& HOW??) would he have sex with a woman? Ex-girlfriend/current friend or not, he’s no longer in the closet & she’s not his “beard”….Again, just saying: MAKES NO SENSE.

So, writers, instead of backtracking & having gay characters on your show be celibate or have hetero trysts, how about–oh, I don’t know–finally telling the love story of two gay men TOGETHER??? Just a thought. (…Or 12. LOL)

August 28, 2012 at 12:19 pm
(19) Carol says:

Makes sense to me with Will’s confusion still. I think a good twist would be if Gabi gets pregnant, and Will has an offspring of his own, since he loves kids. . .a spin-off like “Modern Family”, where Sonny accepts the off-spring. Maybe it would “grow up” Gabi’s persona and they could all be friends. It would take Gabi’s obsession off of Chad. Hate to see Melanie leaving because I like the Chad/Mel relationship.

August 30, 2012 at 7:16 pm
(20) Sara says:

The Will and Gabi sex was so hot! There’s a chemistry between them now that I didn’t see before. I’d love to see Will and Gabi as a couple!

November 19, 2012 at 2:21 pm
(21) Marchelle says:

Just let the plot thicken for Gabby and Will…! People need to get over the other issues, let the plot play out…Nothing wrong with seeing the story turn different ways…Get over it! It is not real life people!

November 23, 2012 at 6:19 pm
(22) jack and jack says:

Will knew he was gay way before meeting Gabi, Sonny, etc. No gay man should be having sex with a female. He would not have been able to get her pregnant. The writers screwed up. Being gay is not a choice. And having Will make her pregnant does nothing good for the gay community. In bed with her is one thing but having sex to the point of getting aroused and making her pregnant is not believable. I guess the writers did this to Will to add to the storyline, and shock us. IT MADE ME SICK TO SEE WILL IN BED WITH A FEMALE. AND TO HAVE WILL MAKE HER PREGNANT IS NOT A GOOD MOVE FOR SO MANY REASONS. ARE THE WRITERS NOT SKILLED ENOUGH TO COME UP WITH SOMETHING BELIEVABLE? TILL NOW THEY HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB WITH THIS STORYLINE. IF GABI AND WILL KEEP THE BABY I AND MANY OFF OTHER PEOPLE WILL NO LONGER WHAT THIS TV SHOW. BAD MOVE WRITERS!!!!

December 21, 2012 at 1:20 pm
(23) Dday says:

I think it’s funny how so many people are commenting that a gay man would/could never have sex with a woman. Welp, being as though MANY gay men have been married (to women) and have had children the old fashioned way, clearly it happens. LOL!