1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Five Things You Need to Know about Days' Nick Fallon

By August 30, 2012

Blake BerrisFor new viewers, here's a crash course on Blake Berris' returning character. Read on for five things you need to know about Days' Nick Fallon, the grandson of Marie Horton and great grandson of the late  Tom and Alice Horton:

1. He's clueless, when it comes to women.
After being rejected by his first love, Chelsea, he rebounded by sleeping with her mother, Billie. During a wild Vegas spree, he married con woman China Lee and ended up saddled with her two kids. After helping down-and-out hooker, Willow, she started blackmailing him. His love for Melanie turned obsessive, and he ended up terrorizing her to keep her by his side.

2. He's been involved in two deaths.
Aside from stabbing Trent, after finding him and Melanie having a heated argument in the cemetery, Nick is also partly responsible for former hooker Willow Stark's demise. The pair fought on the beach, when Willow fell, hit her head, and died. Nick was cleared of any wrongdoing.

3. He's a major brainiac.
A computer wiz kid, Nick found the antidote that saved Kayla's life, when she was poisoned by a rare biological toxin. He also co-created the lucrative alternative fuels project with Max and was an associate professor at Salem University.

4. He's a reformed drug addict.
Nick's whole demeanor changed after he was shot in France, while rescuing Melanie from the lascivious Claude. He became addicted to pain pills and was picked up for a DUI.

5. He's a hero, who once saved Sami's life.
After Kate blackmailed him into producing a fake DNA report, stating EJ was the father of Sami's twins, Nick ran a real DNA test and discovered Lucas was their real dad. (The storyline was later changed.) Nick raced over to Sami's to tell her the truth and found a floral arrangement with a ticking bomb outside the door. He pushed Sami back into her apartment, saving her from harm. Unfortunately, he suffered a concussion and temporary amnesia.

Photo Courtesy:  Getty Images/Toby Canham

Comments

August 30, 2012 at 1:34 am
(1) Marlene says:

Thanks for this. I remember Nick, but had forgotten a lot about him. This sums him up in a nutshell — with all his craziness and flaws. LOL. Still, he’s a great character.

August 30, 2012 at 1:37 am
(2) Days Crazed says:

Thanks for the fill in on Nick. Had forgotten a lot of this — especially that he saved Sami’s life. And I forgot he was there when Willow died, too. The poor guy really has had a crazy life. That’s probably why I like him. Hope he turns his life around, when he gets out of jail.

August 30, 2012 at 5:47 pm
(3) LUMI says:

I still say Lucas is the father of Sami’s twins Johnny and Allie,
and I hope befor the show gos off the air,Lucas dose his own DNA test and he wins Sami and his Family back. :)

August 31, 2012 at 4:51 am
(4) Laurence H says:

Do they still regard Johnny and Allie as twins? I mean, the twins that play Allie are noticeably taller and older than the twins playing Johnny….

September 3, 2012 at 5:05 pm
(5) Billie McCulley says:

I did not like Nick Fallon and hate that he’s back. I hope he does not hang around. He needs to settle somewhere else and leave Salem alone.

September 3, 2012 at 5:28 pm
(6) maryann says:

thanks i did not remember about him at all wow!

September 3, 2012 at 6:07 pm
(7) Denise says:

I, too, had forgotten all the storyline and history of Nick. Thanks for the refresher course!

September 4, 2012 at 12:30 am
(8) shihaam says:

I remember Nick, since he only left the show a few months ago here in South Africa. Yes, we are very far behind :( but thanks for the recap :)

September 4, 2012 at 10:23 am
(9) Donna says:

I’m a new viewer, how is he related to the Horton’s

September 7, 2012 at 12:15 pm
(10) Loretta says:

WHY are they bringing this character back? It seems that he cannot add a thing to the show and his sulky look just annoys me. Better to work on some of the relationships in place and PLEASE get Sami to close her legs and re-write that the men drool after her–NOT.

September 15, 2012 at 7:51 am
(11) MJ says:

I hope Raph stays away from Sammi. He needs to be with Carrie.How will the show explain Bo leaving? Is Nicole pregant for real?

September 18, 2012 at 8:32 am
(12) Shirley Wildes says:

Sooooo glad that Days is bringing back the actors from Yesteryear. Getting back to what it use to be. Still the ones leaving I wish were staying on that have been with the show so many years. So hope that they will have Bo, Jack, and Steve a/k/a Patch come back on the show. So glad to see Nick return if the writers will just give him a chance to redeem himself with good parts. Just knew Joseph Mascolo Stefano had to rise again. Another distinguished actor that seems to take pride in his acting. Give Sami a chance to do the family thing with Rafe and let EJ find true love elsewhere. Nicole and Daniel would make a good couple. Carry on Ken. Keep your family’s legacy going. They knew what it took to keep on keeping on. You are truly holding the Jewel of Soap Operas in your hands.

January 23, 2013 at 11:29 pm
(13) Pamela says:

I hate nick Fallon. He needs to back off with Gabi and will’s baby. He wants to blackmail Will with his past and he’s crazier than Stefano. I’m beginning to hate this show because of the Nick and Gabi thing. I also think that Nicole deserves some happiness and someone else needs to become the hated one, like Jennifer. Let the story twist a bit, it would be unexpected. Everyone I know is getting bored with this storyline. Time to quit watching.

February 19, 2013 at 11:32 am
(14) lumiforever says:

bring lumi back sami and that whole rafe thing not working please let sami twins be really lucas’s

February 19, 2013 at 11:32 am
(15) lumiforever says:

February 24, 2013 at 7:22 pm
(16) CarolynCal2422 says:

I am a new viewer & didn’t know anything about Nick. I really don’t
like the actor & certainly don’t like the character he plays. I love EJ &
Sami together. I hope there will be a marriage in the future. There
acting seems real. I would hate to have Lucas as the father of the twins.

February 28, 2013 at 7:46 pm
(17) terae1986 says:

First of all Johnny is not Lucas’s son he looks like EJ not Lucus. Now I know Allie is Lucus’s daughter though.

March 11, 2013 at 5:06 pm
(18) David says:

I think Nick’s character is shady, especially with the gay prejudice. But it will probably turn out that Vargas raped him in jail. The actor playing Nick is very good or he wouldn’t evoke such negative feelings. The writers are setting him up to “deserve” whatever Vargas is going to do to him. I don’t see a long future of Gabi and Nick being together. Now let’s get on with the original bad boy, Stefano!!

March 12, 2013 at 7:18 pm
(19) Sandra says:

I hope Sami is succesful in shutting down Nick, Will needs her help

March 26, 2013 at 3:28 am
(20) hannah says:

Vargas raped Nick in prison and that’s why he’s so messed up mentally about gay people. I think Nick is going to end up getting killed off the show soon and perhaps they could just go ahead and kill off Gabby as well (after she has the baby) and then Will and Sonny can raise the baby together.

April 30, 2013 at 10:33 pm
(21) rayne says:

I just don’t remember anything about nick at all, I still think he should leave salem

November 19, 2013 at 10:32 am
(22) Gail says:

Nick is not a necessary character to the show. He’s not well liked by anyone in my household and we hope he will soon be written off.
Let Lucas be the father of both twins and get rid of EJ.