1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Comings and Goings

By September 25, 2012

Eileen DavidsonHere's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of Our Lives.

Get ready for some more Stefano. Actor Joseph Mascolo returns on October 8, when Stefano places phone calls to his estranged son, EJ, and another mystery person.

October 11 marks Eileen Davidson's first day back as bad girl Kristen Blake. Kristen's first scenes will be opposite her "adoptive" father, Stefano.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images/Vince Bucci

Comments

September 25, 2012 at 11:37 am
(1) Degrassi says:

Thank goodness now maybe we’ll see John and Marlena. And they’ll be in scenes together! I’m tired of the reduxed EJami/Safe triangles that is crap! I WANNA SEE MORE VETS!

September 25, 2012 at 12:06 pm
(2) Linda says:

AWESOME! I’m so happy about this! Not only do I adore Eileen as an actress, but it also means heavy-hitter Drake Hogestyn will FINALLY be off the bench. He is a fabulous actor so it will be wonderful to see him on screen!

September 25, 2012 at 12:11 pm
(3) Julie says:

I know everyone wants to see John and Marlena, so do I, and I know Sami is a bone of contention with many, but she is anything but boring, and Ally Sweeney is every bit as much a vet as the others. She has literally grown up on this show, and deserves some respect.

September 25, 2012 at 12:13 pm
(4) Laprinsipessa says:

Yay! I never really liked Kristen, but I enjoy Eileen as an actress, and this finally means that our favorite vets are front and center again!!! (Plus, I heard she’ll have some scenes with Hope as well, so that means out of the three vets left, they’ll all have storyline and screentime!!!!!!!!!!!) Yay! Happy dance!

TPTB are FINALLY starting to listen to the fans! Ratings are gonna soar!

September 25, 2012 at 1:51 pm
(5) Ed says:

YES!!! Days has almost been unwatchable with the rotation of Sami’s men in her life. Hopefully with Kristen, we’ll get Stefano and John Black and Marlena back instead of whoever is drooling over Sami. Come on, Days! You have other people on the show who are so much better and we never see them! Please don’t waste Kristen like you have with John, Marlena, Lucas, Stefano, Hope, Bo…you know, the REAL vets who can act!

September 25, 2012 at 2:59 pm
(6) Lorraine says:

AWAY with Sami already. So sick of her and the men. I do not believe men are that stupid and want a woman with four kids to boot from a woman who can’t keep her legs shut. Hooray for Lucus and let’s keep it that way. Stupid cuckolded Rafe is pathetic and EJ is a sophisticated man. Why would he want a woman who runs around looking like an overage teen? Enough already. Get on with the veterans who MAKE the show, not the continued Sami, Sami, Sami. Please!

September 25, 2012 at 3:51 pm
(7) samidimera says:

Get over it people. Sami is a “vet”. She’s been on the show for nearly 20 years. WTH? Do you have to be 65 to be considered a vet around here? LMAO

And Drake a good actor? You must be kidding. Sometimes I think the stuff posted here is literally to get people worked up. There’s just no way anyone thinks this stuff. Drake is great entertainment for one reason… his bad acting. It’s so hilarious. An example of this was a few weeks back when he entered Sonny’s coffee place. He literally acted startled because a random person was opening the door. Like he was shocked another patron would be entering the coffee house. Cracked me up.

Yay for Eileen coming back. Will be glad to see her.

September 25, 2012 at 4:49 pm
(8) robin says:

On last weeks show, Chad wondered how Melanie’s grandmother could hire Nick to work at the Pub. How is Caroline her grandmother? Daniel and Carly are her parents. Neither is related to Caroline.

September 25, 2012 at 5:30 pm
(9) Bo Brady Fan says:

If you want to bring back vets, well then BRING BACK PETER RECKELL! He is worth all the money he is asking for if not more. Not bringing back Peter is like the NFL not bringing back the real referees. So come Days Execs and Goodell, PAY PETER AND THE REAL REFS THE MONEY THEY WANT OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!

September 25, 2012 at 5:51 pm
(10) mp says:

robin Caroline is not Melanie’s grandmother. Maggie is Melanie’s grandmother and Daniel is her father and Carly is her mother and Chloe is her ex stepmother and Nicolas is her brother and Max is her half brother and Brady is like her brother but not biological brother and she has Parker brother or not she knows that her ex husband Phillip is not the father not biological father Daniel is.

September 25, 2012 at 9:58 pm
(11) Mar Stevens says:

I am finally glad I can get away from Days of our Lives. WIth Mel gone from Chad and BO gone what is left. A boring Stefano, The Blacks and the character Sami. Who in my opionion has never grown up.
SHe portrays the slut of all time going froom one to the next in a matter of days. And sick,, sick of EJ. Was hoping to get rid of him.
But I guess he is the main story. THe Dimares. OH well . So liong.

September 26, 2012 at 2:19 pm
(12) samidimera says:

The 30 something crowd SHOULD be the main focus on Days. Unfortunately there aren’t enough of them hanging around. But all this talk of Sami leaving and EJ leaving….wth? This show CANNOT survive with just the 50 and 60 year old crowd. It just can’t. It can’t survive with SAFE either but that’s another story. Bo and Hope’s time has come and gone. Move on already. Bope and Jarlena just can’t be the focus anymore. They’re too old. Deal with it.

September 26, 2012 at 3:18 pm
(13) Sandi says:

Since Caroline adopted Max and Frankie, she became their mother. As Max is Melanie’s half-brother, that would make Caroline something to her, just not sure what. lol. Not grandmother, but something. Caroline stood in place as Mel’s mother since Max was her half-brother and Caroline’s son. I remember Mel and Caroline talking once and agreeing Caroline might be called grandmother, but not sure.

September 26, 2012 at 6:32 pm
(14) Ceebee says:

Have watched the show since day one (47 yrs). Maggie was married to Mickey Horton, so Caroline would be her great-grandmother.

September 26, 2012 at 7:58 pm
(15) Jennifer Janeiro says:

Mickey was the son of Tom and Alice, not Shawn and Caroline..

September 27, 2012 at 11:08 am
(16) Bandianni says:

Really. How can you people remember all of this stuff??? Who is related to whom by adoption, marriage, and “twice removeds”??? I can barely remember what happened on this show last week….maybe that’s why it is on every day!!!! Forget the actors, they need some new sets.

September 27, 2012 at 11:32 am
(17) Lisa says:

Samidimera,

Your are over 30. Your time has “come and gone” So move along will ya?

October 1, 2012 at 5:36 pm
(18) samidimera says:

Lisa, I’m here to stay, sweet pea. The same way all the 30 somethings are on Days. Deal with it. It’s not the 30 somethings whose time has come and gone. It’s your age group. The 50 and 60 year olds. How about you pick your large behind up and move it back over to the over the hill crowd on Delphi? Or is it hard for you to move these days? LMAO

October 1, 2012 at 5:43 pm
(19) Barbara says:

I know I’m in the minority here, but I love Sami& EJ. Both as characters & as a couple. I’m 52, so I’m no kid, but I’d much rather watch Sami & EJ than John & Marlena.

October 1, 2012 at 5:54 pm
(20) James says:

I’ve been watching since 82, when Stefano killed Roman on the island.. I can’t stand Sami, they let other favorites go, and build the show around her! Her character is so played out, she’s always mad at someone, always blaming Marlena. Hates John ect.. Seen it done once if not twice.. Thank God for the DVR, everytime I see her, I fast forward!!

October 1, 2012 at 6:10 pm
(21) karen says:

john is the worst. he mumbles and does not look anyone in the eye when talking. he was wonderful back in the 90s, but now I fasy forward him

October 1, 2012 at 6:17 pm
(22) karen says:

he is the worst he mumbles and never looks anyyone in the eye

October 1, 2012 at 6:19 pm
(23) karen says:

How can you say the actors are too old. victor newman is handsome and keeps going on y&r. He is the entire show. The actors on days are just poor quality not their age, dont be stupid

October 1, 2012 at 6:20 pm
(24) karen says:

eileen davidson was good back in the day. she too is not going to wake up this show

October 1, 2012 at 6:29 pm
(25) CountryMom4Him says:

I love all the characters on Days. The young and the old. Sami will always be one of my favorites. I used to really like Shawn and Belle. I was disappointed that story line played out. Mel was also one of my new favorites. Too bad she is gone.

October 1, 2012 at 6:35 pm
(26) TJ says:

MAX IS NOT MELANIE HALF BROTHER HER PARENTS R CARLY AND DANIEL…

October 1, 2012 at 6:41 pm
(27) TOBY says:

MAX IS NOT MELANIE HALF BROTHER HER PARENTS R CARLY AND DANIEL

October 1, 2012 at 8:55 pm
(28) Pat says:

With the latest onslaught of men in Sami’s life, maybe they need to put a revolving door on her apartment…….

October 1, 2012 at 8:59 pm
(29) Daysfromthebeginning says:

With the onslaught of men into Sami’s life, maybe a revolving door on her apartment would work?…..

October 1, 2012 at 11:02 pm
(30) Jolee says:

I like most all the characters on DOOL, especially Alison Sweeney (Sami), she is pretty and a great actress I think. She may play a sort of person who makes bad choices, but hey, someone has to do it!!!
I also like James Scott (E.J.), what handsome, sometimes evil guy. He keeps you on your toes, trying to decide if he really is a nice guy or a bad guy.
I am really glad they are bringing back Joseph Mascolo (Stephano), he may be a little old, ha, but what a great actor!!! I don’t understand all the comments about not liking the ‘old’ actors/actresses. What has age got to do with it??? It is the story line that counts!!!
old I am! ha

October 1, 2012 at 11:05 pm
(31) Jolee says:

There are enough characters on DOOL to rotate crises among all of them and keep the show interesting. Please keep (Dr.Horton) MacDonald Carey’s voice on the opening of DOOL show. I remember him on a soap on radio, I think it was called “Helen Trent”. Does that give you an idea of how old
I am?! ha

October 1, 2012 at 11:36 pm
(32) Bettina Braun says:

Obviously we all like different actors….which is okay, because that’s why we are all still watching. If it was all the older actors, the soap would just fade away as its audience aged…….and if it was all younger actors, none of the older people would watch it. Let’s agree to disagree and enjoy the different ages!

October 2, 2012 at 5:09 pm
(33) Lorraine says:

OH! NO! NO! The writers are NO going there. NO! NO! NO. They are making the old caste member forgetful and next it is dementia and out the door. Don’t you writers have any respect for age except making people I’ll. Listen to what they have CarolynBrady saying!!!!!!!

October 2, 2012 at 10:54 pm
(34) Dee says:

Is Peggy McCay leaving Days? I just an article that she gets Alzheimers!!! She’s a terrific actress and I don’t want to see her leave!!

October 8, 2012 at 4:29 am
(35) annie says:

what’s the deal with everyone always thinking that Sami is such a slut? Nicole is just as bad. She’s even involved with some of the same men. Yes Sami’s had Austin, Lucas, EJ, and Rafe, but Nicole’s had Eric, Victor, Brady, EJ, and Daniel that I can remember. I would rather see Will and Sonny than Nicole and Daniel in bed again!!! Age has nothing to do with much on Days. Love to see Stefano and Kate together but HATE to see John and Marlena. Does John ALWAYS have to whisper when he talks? Makes him sound ridiculous. Poor Caroline, she’s finally back and now she’s probably going to get written out as her condition progresses.Who’s going to raise Sami and Hope’s kids? Surely not them. Lastly, didn’t you have to laugh at Bo for complaining how the Dimera’s always got away with stuff yet he was contemplating quitting the force and becoming just like them? No boundries or limits of the law.

October 9, 2012 at 1:56 pm
(36) whodunnit says:

Really, Sammie and E.J. belong together. They are two of a kind. As for getting rid of the veterans, you will be getting rid of an audience as well.

October 30, 2012 at 8:29 pm
(37) Juliet says:

YEA……for Eileen Davidson!!! Now, we need NADIA BJORLIN back!!!