1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days' Deidre Hall: Marlena's Bad Behavior "Will Cost Her"

By November 19, 2012

Deidre HallFending off her longtime adversary, Kristen, has pushed Marlena to the edge on Days of Our Lives and, as a result, she's been behaving badly.

"I love it," says Hall of Marlena's recent stunts, like erasing important phone messages from Kristen to John. "The audience has been put in that place where they're thinking, Do it Marlena. Then, No, don't do it. They don't know what to wish for.

"Of course, as we know in soaps, the minute you misbehave, the piper has to be paid," continues Hall, revealing that Marlena "will be caught and it will cost her."

Not that it will deter the character from acting out, again.

"Viewers have only seen a portion of what is coming up," shares Hall. "It's a precursor to a lot of stuff [that will be happening]. Eileen (Davidson, Kristen) and I just had scenes where I thought, I can't wait for the audience to see it. Because I think they'll like the dialogue. Marlena really kind of gets up on her hind legs."

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Mitchell Haaseth

Comments

November 19, 2012 at 5:44 pm
(1) Maggie says:

Interesting. I’ll be honest. I’m rooting for Kristen 100%. Nothing like seeing Marlena overwrought and acting crazy. It’s delicious, and just what I love from Days.

November 19, 2012 at 6:12 pm
(2) BLONDIE says:

I am having a little problem seeing Marlena act this way considering her medical background, she is a shrink so she ought to be able to grasp the point that this is going unless she isn’t as good as she is supposed to be. i can’t stand Kristen but when Marlena acts like a dumb blond i’m for Krinten and Marlena deserves what she gets.

November 20, 2012 at 3:30 am
(3) David says:

I could never give validity to Marlena being a psychiatrist. She is too out of touch, and gets too personally involved. Doctor heal thyself. I like her as a character and person, but she gets too smugly pompous and self-righteous.

November 20, 2012 at 8:51 am
(4) Voice of Reason says:

Marlena has always been portrayed as perfect. It will be nice to see her knocked down a few notches. She’s human after all.

November 21, 2012 at 10:17 am
(5) annie says:

I loved when Marlena told Kristen to crawl back under your rock
you conniving BITCH LOL
Marlena always the LADY,,, Kristen The Tramp :)

I like Marlena and Kristen and want a cat-fright soon.
Marlena is playing right into Kristens hands,back off girl,,,,you giving her just what she wants to get John and Brady to believe in her.

November 21, 2012 at 4:58 pm
(6) Tammy1965 says:

Thank goodness for DVR! This is leading right down to the same old storylines. Seeing Marlena rear up takes me right back to the demon possession time….so out of character. Kristen is annoying. One, she is a DiMera, two, she is not sane and three, repeat! Anyone can see she hasn’t changed. Wake me up when it’s over!

November 22, 2012 at 6:41 pm
(7) sandee says:

I just find it so sad that the writers have made John and Brady so amazingly STUPID/MORONIC

November 26, 2012 at 5:35 pm
(8) Katie says:

Wait, Marlena hasnít always been straight; I remember when she went after Brady even calling in Roman to aid her. Also, how nasty she was with Hope, at times because of JT, when Hope wasnít the one who slept with John and needed help & answers. She has crossed the line a few times as a psychiatrist; she talks ethics then throws them to the wind when it suits her. Having said that, I prefer her dark she is far more interesting to watch!

November 26, 2012 at 5:45 pm
(9) David says:

When viewers find out that Stefano has put Kristen up to everything she’s done, Marlena will be proven to have been right all along, as well she should! Kristen tried to murder her, after all! It shows how smart Marlena is not to trust her, and how stupid John is.

November 27, 2012 at 4:34 pm
(10) Jenny says:

Loving watching marlena go at it with Kristen. She’s had some really great lines “don’t play innocent, you can’t pull it off” hahah love it, spicing up Days just the way I like it!!

November 30, 2012 at 5:57 pm
(11) Gibbler says:

I think Marlana needs to get Kristen, but good. I think Kristen will be up to her old tricks again. Would you ever trush someone again if they tried to kill you, NOT ME!!!!!