1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Kristen's Past: Why Days Can't Go There

By November 29, 2012

EIleen DavidsonDevout Days of Our Lives fans will recall that before Kristen  returned to Salem, the character was last seen being dragged off to a harem. So why hasn't the show delved into Kristen's tortured past? Simply put, Days can't go there.

According to Eileen Davidson, the harem was brought up, but "only  briefly. It doesn't really fit in the context of what the show is now," she points out. "I said, 'If you mention it, we either have to commit to going to it, or you've got to drop it.' It just doesn't really play."

Not to mention the fact that it would mean going down a very ominous path.

"If you're going to start talking about her being a sex slave, that's just going to open up a whole other can of worms," says Davidson. "That's pretty dark."

Hence, Kristen's harem past has been permanently put to rest.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images/Frazer Harrison

Comments

November 29, 2012 at 9:21 pm
(1) Laura says:

Well, hasn’t a can of worms been open with ridiculous exit of Bo and now mama is back and so is Bo, but as an off camera character “where is Bo! Picking up Ciara”. Come on, Alzheimer’s does not work like that and it was a shabby way to deal with it. Shame on the immature writers.

November 30, 2012 at 9:08 am
(2) Voice of Reason says:

What a cop-out! A chance to do a story that actually has teeth in it and they are too afraid to take the risk. Yep, that’s a cop-out

November 30, 2012 at 10:20 pm
(3) Debbie says:

I am so thrilled that “Kristen” is back on DOOL! I just love her character! Welcome back!!!!

December 3, 2012 at 5:27 pm
(4) Robyn says:

I don’t recall Kristen going to a harem. I remember that Susan sent her to an island. I thought that nobody knew that Kristen was still alive. Yet, when she came back recently, not a single person said, “What the %$^&, aren’t you supposed to be dead?” They were all just “oh, you’re back.” I guess rising from the dead is a favorite past time of half of Salems denizens. “You just rose from the grave? I did that ten years ago! Isn’t it fun?!”

December 3, 2012 at 6:45 pm
(5) Paulla Frazier says:

I am thrilled Eileen Davidson has come back to the show! She is my favorite and I loved the chemistry between she and Brady! Anxious to see where it goes from here! Thanks Eileen for coming back to the role of Kristen! You are the best……watched you about l4 years ago and some on Young and Restless too! Beautiful and talented!

December 3, 2012 at 8:10 pm
(6) Seth says:

I’ve been wondering when someone would get around to explaining the harem away. I’m disappointed the show isn’t going to address it, it’s an insult to those of us that have watched the show for decades.

December 3, 2012 at 9:10 pm
(7) tee says:

Kristen is way to old for Brady…..he was a baby when she was on before….

December 3, 2012 at 9:39 pm
(8) Connie says:

Kristen can’t have John so she is going for Brady way to go !!!!

December 4, 2012 at 3:16 am
(9) Ellyn says:

Good! I hope they focus on Kristen being reformed and Marlena just not accepting it. I think that maybe the “bad” guys should turn into the “good guys” and the vice versa.

December 4, 2012 at 9:56 am
(10) Voice of Reason says:

@Robyn Susan didnt send Kristen anywhere. Kristen was sending Susan to the harem, but Susan switched places with her at the last minute. You do have a point about how according to everyone in Salem, Kristen was “dead”. We all knew she wasnt, but Salem didnt. Good point!

December 6, 2012 at 12:58 pm
(11) elizabeth says:

I love kristen with Brady. I hope she is reformed. I love john with marlena. Jen with Daniel. Sami playing ej and rafe. Why dont billie get a man? Will should not have to keep a secret about his baby. I love will and sonny. Hope needs bo. Please get him back. Bo, you can’t leave us. I love days. It’s the only soap I watch. I really love all the characters

December 6, 2012 at 9:24 pm
(12) Angie says:

have you been watching? Kristen reformed??!! Did you see when she said to Marlena “Thank you”? Now she is playing Brady to get a rise out of John and Malena. Puuullleeese

December 7, 2012 at 1:01 am
(13) days999 says:

If feels wrong that they are avoiding talking about hos Susan pulled a switcharoo and sent Kristen off to the harem instead. It’s going to make the storyline akward for the viewers when Susan comes back to town and they try to dance around what should be a major bone of contention between the two.

December 13, 2012 at 2:47 pm
(14) michelle says:

bring back susan ej mom it would be fun to see let kristen play susan agan as ej mom it would be so fun to see

December 19, 2012 at 3:10 am
(15) Barbara says:

It would be fabulous if they brought back SUSAN on Days. It could open up a whole new storyline with, son, EJ. Also, the show could use a bit of humor now and then, an occasional lighter moment at times, and having “Susan” would be a pleasure to watch after all these years. TPTB, please give this full consideration……

December 19, 2012 at 9:22 pm
(16) Mandakini Ravi says:

With havin so much written content do you ever run into
any problems of plagorism or copyright violation? My website has a lot of unique content I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any solutions to help prevent content from being ripped off? I’d
definitely appreciate it.