1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives' James Scott Named Best Actor of 2012

By December 21, 2012

james scottWith the year coming to a close, TV Guide penned their annual Best in Soaps critique, and Days of Our Lives earned a top nod. James Scott was named best actor of 2012.

"Every time I watch this bodacious Brit playing EJ DiMera on Days of Our Lives, I think the same thing: Why isn't he the biggest movie star on the planet? Or at least on Starz playing Spartacus?" notes the magazine.

Scott was credited for having a "dynamite year" through all of EJ's storyline twists and turns. Namely, running for mayor, blackmailing Will, and wavering between Nicole and Sami.

One plot that wasn't mentioned, however, was EJ learning that he wasn't Stefano's son (a story that was thankfully nullified by the show's new writers) and subsequently being dismissed by his father. Scott's heartfelt portrayal of the deeply wounded and disillusioned son was, in my opinion, truly his best work of the year.

You can read the full TV Guide article, here.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images/Frederick M. Brown

Comments

December 21, 2012 at 1:26 pm
(1) Susan says:

James Scott would be the perfect Christian Gray.

December 21, 2012 at 3:29 pm
(2) Mimi says:

My sentiments exactly Susan. Or at least Most HAndsome man on the planet!!!

December 21, 2012 at 4:19 pm
(3) BLONDIE says:

Well deserved, great choice. Susan and Mimi i agree with you hole heartedly, I said that when I heard that they were thinking of offering Channing Tatum for the part. James Scott is the perfect person for that part. Go James. Yes he is the most handsome man on the planet.

December 21, 2012 at 4:43 pm
(4) me says:

I have not seen all the men on the plant,
but in my eyes Bryan Dattilo and my husband are the best looking.

December 21, 2012 at 4:48 pm
(5) BLONDIE says:

Well deserved James I agree. Susan and Mimi you are absolutly right about that James Scott is the Ideal person to play Christian Grey,I tweeted that to E.L.James when she was on the Katie show after I heard that Channing Tatum might be asked to do it. Iam also a Ejami fan and a Dannifer fan.

December 21, 2012 at 5:17 pm
(6) mw says:

@@ I dont think so NOWAY

December 21, 2012 at 6:18 pm
(7) mouse says:

congrats to Mr Scott

December 22, 2012 at 10:21 pm
(8) Rosieroserson says:

Congtatulations, well deserved!
He and his amazing work have brought so much to Days!
He is very talented……. And he could probably play Christian Grey…… But I always pictured him as the tormented mr.Edward Rochester in Jane Eyre or as a charachter out of a Jane Austen book.

How long can Days hold on to him??? That’s a really good question, and I’m afraid to hear the answer!

I think most of us agree that he has the IT factor and a megastar potential. To follow that, he must really crave fame and attention from the big audience. I know I wouldn’t! As an actor in a soap opera he gets attention and privacy at the same time, I believe.

December 22, 2012 at 11:17 pm
(9) Lali says:

Congratulations to James Scott! I have thought for a long time that he’s the best thing that ever happened to Days. I wonder how long it will be before Hollywood comes calling though. He’s not only a great actor but he’s not hard on the eyes either!!!

December 23, 2012 at 4:43 pm
(10) holly says:

Hollywood already has him LOL
soap actors are actors too,dont you konw?
but He is not the best thing ever happen to Days,back in the day
Dool was soooooo fine,but nowaday,no thanks…

December 24, 2012 at 12:17 am
(11) Midge22 says:

James Scott was born about 20 minutes from where I live right now in Jesmond which is a town just outside of Newcastle. He is a Geordie which is what people from Newcastle are called. My husband is also a Geordie. I’ve been through Jesmond on the way to Newcastle. James’ acting is fantastic. I can easily see him as Christian Grey. I can also see him being a shooting star in Hollywood. He’s a great leading man that can handle drama, comedy and even action. I’d love to see him do some Broadway plays, too.

December 24, 2012 at 3:10 pm
(12) see ya says:

I wish him luck and hope he as big a star as you think he is,,,,not

December 24, 2012 at 5:39 pm
(13) Linda says:

He..James Scott…has the “it factor” alright…He can make you hate him and the next day love him. Great actor…

December 24, 2012 at 7:08 pm
(14) spookyfoxx says:

Luv James Scott!!!!!

December 24, 2012 at 7:13 pm
(15) spookyfoxx says:

James Scott should be the “NEXT 007″. The perfect James Bond….don’t ya think??????????

December 25, 2012 at 12:40 am
(16) Days viewer says:

I’m with you spookyfoxx. I was thinking the same thing about him being James Bond.

December 25, 2012 at 8:02 am
(17) jojo says:

I wish him all the luck with 007 James Bond,them maybe the other actors would have some air time

December 25, 2012 at 8:03 am
(18) mouse says:

I like the idea for him to be James Bond or even Super Man
with his glasses.

December 25, 2012 at 3:51 pm
(19) Donna says:

They made the Best Choice . He is soooo good

December 31, 2012 at 5:07 pm
(20) michele says:

I think he should play Christian Grey in the movie 50 shades of grey

December 31, 2012 at 5:58 pm
(21) Pat says:

I think he is the most obnoxious person on DOOL. I wish he & Kate both would leave. Why can’t anyone on the show be happy.

I have watched since the beginning & am getting ready to quit.

They can get rid of Kristen too.

December 31, 2012 at 6:00 pm
(22) Pat says:

Another thing why does he have to get in everyones face when he talks to them.

December 31, 2012 at 6:12 pm
(23) marsha J says:

EJ would make a great James Bond

December 31, 2012 at 6:33 pm
(24) pachingko says:

I too wad thinking that maybe he might be good in James Bond. The only think that I couldn’t see would be him being physical such as Bond is. I’m sure he could do the scenes quite nicely that involve the women.

December 31, 2012 at 7:47 pm
(25) Terry says:

I think James Scott is a fabulous actor and I think he would be a wonderful James Bond. He would be great at whatever he does.

January 1, 2013 at 1:13 am
(26) Vicki in Monterey says:

Happy New Year, James Scott!! What a gr8 way to enter the New Year~! I send you congratulations and a virtual hug =] CHEERS!!!

January 2, 2013 at 4:41 pm
(27) Joanne says:

Congradulations, James, you would make an excellent JAMES BOND!!! luv ya however, Sami belongs with Rafe, You belong with Nicole hope the writers hook you up with her again. Happy New Year!!

January 3, 2013 at 12:22 am
(28) BeBe says:

EJ is the character you love to hate and hate to love. One day I can’t even be upset with him and the next day I want to wring his neck. Rafe is the one working on my last nerve. If you want Sami then go get her, but I can see why Sami is with EJ. He is courting her and no one on that show has ever been better at it than him. OMG. As far as Kristen can’t stand her she need to be sent packing, Evil personified They need to get Hope more involved. She would take care of her but good.

January 3, 2013 at 12:10 pm
(29) groundhogirl says:

Eileen Davidson’s portrayal of Kristen is so good, that I just can’t stand the character. Kristen is so self-serving and ruthless! As we all know, daytime villians need to have a few redeeming character traits so they become the character we “love to hate.” But that’s just not possible with Kristen. The writers infuse her with evil, but offer no soft-side to her at all. When all there is to a character is hate or evil, it is almost impossible to identify with her or feel some ration of pity. Kristen is one dimensional, so there are no layers there to peel back and watch for development. From the beginning, I thought that Marlena should be carrying a tape recorder in her pocket. Then everytime Kristen “drops her mask” and speaks openly to her and shows her true colors, Marlena could play the tape back to John so he could hear first hand how truly awful Kristen is. But then I guess if she did that there’d be no conflict and they’d have send Eileen back to Genoa City!

January 9, 2013 at 7:47 pm
(30) Lori says:

James Scott is the best thing on daytime tv.
He should be the next James Bond without a doubt!!
Followed dool for over 30 years.
I am dismayed at the gay plot.
New, young writers really will try anything to get ratings.

January 12, 2013 at 11:37 pm
(31) Haney Sarah says:

James Scott will you be in Days Of Our Lives for another 6 years

January 15, 2013 at 12:08 am
(32) Betty rj says:

James Scott is the finest and the most handsome actor that I have ever seen on days of our lives. I fell in love with the character of e.j. when he appeared across the hall from Sami Brady wrapped in a towel. I hope that we finally get their love story!

January 24, 2013 at 11:23 pm
(33) Andi W says:

OMG!!! When I read Fifty Shades, James Scott was who I had pictured in my head as Christian!! If/when the movie comes out, I just don’t know if I could watch it if James doesn’t play him. It will be too disappointing:(((

February 2, 2013 at 2:21 pm
(34) Loreena Kiriakoulis says:

As I was reading fifty shades I thought the same thing.

February 16, 2013 at 7:55 pm
(35) Jodi says:

I think James Scott is a brilliant actor. He brings so much to Days. I’ve watched Days since 1982. I believe he should be the next Bond–James Bond!!!! He can do it–no doubt in my mind. Love you James and Days!!!