1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Comings and Goings

By January 8, 2013

drake hogestynHere's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of Our Lives.

On the January 7 episode of Days, John left Marlena and moved into a hotel. On the show's January 18 episode, Drake Hogestyn and his character actually leave Salem, and they'll be off the canvas for a few weeks. What does that mean for Hogestyn's future with the soap? Well, the actor recently tried to rally his fans' support on twitter, tweeting, "If you want to see more of John in 2013...NOW is the time for you're voices to be heard."

Meredith Scott Lynn will be getting more screen time as Anne, the Salem University Hospital worker who has it in for Jennifer. She's back on January 11, when Chloe meets her and realizes she could be an ally in her quest to win back Daniel.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images/Pascal Le Segretain

Comments

January 8, 2013 at 10:13 am
(1) bojo says:

It would be a shame if John was written off. This is an opportunity to show the strength of the John/Marlena relationship and shouldn’t be used as a way to get rid of this character.

It would be more interesting if the real reason John had to leave was to make sure that Marlena would be safe from Kristen as her recognizes that her vengeful behavior is escalating. He has to make Marlena believe he left her to make Kristen believe it. In the meantime when he is “off” for a couple of weeks, he is getting scoop on Kristen so that he can get Brady to understand how he is being manipulated.

January 8, 2013 at 11:39 am
(2) Linda says:

John and Marlena …one of the greatest love stories…Would seem strange for either of them not to be on Days…I say keep them on…

January 8, 2013 at 11:55 am
(3) nolagirl says:

Wonder if John will go whenever Bo went, as usual Day’s gains actors/characters that are interesting and instead of capitalizing on them they still make it the Alison Sweeney Show.

January 8, 2013 at 11:56 am
(4) Kristen Ising says:

Don’t take John away

January 8, 2013 at 12:01 pm
(5) Kristen ising says:

John private investigator for Salem? He really needs to get a life I love his stirn tough, yet actually has a heart of love and locality…please don’t take him. And darnit get those two back together that was disappointing tuesday when he is trying to move to a hotel…why stop the loyalty and love now……get rid of Kristen I hate her and her character…cause her to get what she askin for…..

January 8, 2013 at 12:08 pm
(6) mouse says:

how long is a few weeks?

what does this mean for Marlena?

Will Roman finally get a kiss ;)

January 8, 2013 at 12:12 pm
(7) Lisa says:

So, John will be gone and referred to as traveling. Oh, maybe with Bo? I am really tired of Days doing this garbage. The show is so boring with the juvenile antics of middle aged Sami and her two men, and then that ridiculous Jennifer and Dan. Chloe was a delight to see. But why? She is not staying. Another wasted story. I am so grateful for fast forward.

January 8, 2013 at 12:21 pm
(8) Heather says:

I can’t even believe this!! Of they do this to us again I’m done and I’ve watched this show since I was 4! I’m sick of these stupid writers yanking us around!!

January 8, 2013 at 12:36 pm
(9) michelle says:

This is so ridiculous! If John is going away to get the goods on Kristen and is undercover or something for a few weeks and comes back and we find out Marlena and John have been working TOGETHER to bring down Kristen…I will be ok with that…we better get a very good pay off in a few weeks! If not…and they let Drake and/or Deidre go again…i’m done with the show! Like Heather, i’ve been watching this show basically my whole life and it has revolved entirely of John and Marlena…don’t make me quit watching the show I love!

January 8, 2013 at 12:41 pm
(10) Marie says:

Just as the storyline for John and Marlena was heating up….don’t get it. Their’s was the only storline that was holding my interest..especially this last week when they were both involved. I so agree with the poster above (Bojo). I was hoping John and Marlena would ‘fake’ their split to better get Kristen to let down her guard…think she has won…when actually far from it. It would be awesome to see them work ‘undercover’….great opportunity to see them pretend to be apart..but we get to see them try and steal moments together. It could be awesome!

January 8, 2013 at 12:42 pm
(11) Linda says:

All I’ll say is once John leaves Salem, I’m gone too, I’ll be back when Drake is back.

January 8, 2013 at 1:05 pm
(12) Maggie says:

Keep John.

Dump Rafe.

January 8, 2013 at 1:06 pm
(13) Sally says:

So once again a fabulous actor is off our screens (not requested by the actor) so TomSUCK can continue to shove their favorites down our throats. I’m with “Linda” above, there is no Marlena without John so even though I like Marlena too, I won’t be tuning in just to see her. Bye DAYS until Drake is on my screen again.

January 8, 2013 at 1:09 pm
(14) Missy says:

I will still be watching this true fan of 21 years doesnt just watch for one couple or certain characters I watch for eveyone and I’m glad Chloe is back and since brady is stupid and wont see through phony disgusting looking kritsten goodness she’s gross.

They I’d be cool with Chloe being with Daniel.

January 8, 2013 at 1:09 pm
(15) Linda says:

John and Marlena are making this show worth watching they need to get rid of Ejami so the ratings will start going up again and NEVER put them together EVER, they are the worst couple ever. Make Johnny’s dad Lucas and make Sydney’s EJ and Nicoles child and be done with Ejami forever.

January 8, 2013 at 1:12 pm
(16) Linda says:

Leave John alone bring back Bo and Steve and STOP EJAMI THEY ARE THE WORST!

January 8, 2013 at 1:15 pm
(17) Helen says:

OH GOOD GOD, why does DAYS keep doing this to DRAKE? They need strong actors like this man, he has a huge fanbase and is loved by the cast and crew. John is also the last hero IN Salem.

Well DAYS, you’ve now forced me to leave too, straw that broke the camel’s back. I won’t sit here and watch as you guys continue to disrespect Drake and other vets. Once Drake leaves Salem, I will too.

January 8, 2013 at 1:18 pm
(18) Linda says:

We want John and Marlena, we are tried of Days of Sami’s Life!

January 8, 2013 at 1:20 pm
(19) Enza says:

WHAT????????????????????????????? Leave John alone, good god, Drake is an awesome actor and his John has me interested in this Kristen storyline. If it doesn’t include Drake, I have no interest in it.

LEAVE DRAKE ALONE, we just got him back dammit.

January 8, 2013 at 1:27 pm
(20) Amy says:

So Drake is gone again? Well, I’ve watched this show faithfully since 1984 but I’m done until Drake is back. The John/Marlena/Kristen storyline was the one storyline that I looked forward to. Pulling Drake out of it is a HUGE mistake. Drake is a fab actor and his loyalaty to this show is unmatched, yet next to Matt Ashford he is the most dumped on actor too. Guess it is true about nice guys finishing last. Maybe if Drake was a real ass hole he’d be actually respected.

January 8, 2013 at 1:29 pm
(21) Rachael says:

I think it would be a big mistake to take Drake of the show. He and Dedrie are one of the reason i watch the show. John and Marlena are what make the big part of the show. I will stop watching it if they take john off the show.

January 8, 2013 at 1:32 pm
(22) Shelley says:

Are you kidding???? Having Drake and Deidre back is a godsend! This can’t be happening again! If they want to loose someone “How about loosing the AWFUL Will and Friend story line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As a life time fan, I’ve had about enough of that to last a life time! What are you people who run this show thinking? You promised us more love stories a while ago. This, wasn’t what I had in mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Corday, why are you allowing this to happen to our show!!!!!!!!!
Actors like Drake, Deidre, Kristen, Peter, Nadia, Melissa, Suzanne, Bill and Susan, Allison, Joe, Peggy and many of the the others are responsible for making this show what it is. They are the best of the best!!!!! WE Do Not want t loose them again! Their talent is irreplacable!

PLEASE keep DRAKE and extend Nadia’s contract to full time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When a fan like me begins to lose interest, You are in Trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I started watching during December of 1965. I was almost twelve years old. Almost 48 years is a long time to dedicate yourself to anything! I love this show and it’s characters!

Shelley

Shelley

January 8, 2013 at 1:32 pm
(23) Shelley says:

Mr. Corday, why are you allowing this to happen to our show!!!!!!!!!

Shelley

Shelley

January 8, 2013 at 1:41 pm
(24) Troy says:

Oh no frickin way, not Drake too! Drake is a very talented actor, loved by everybody, does this show have something against great actors? This Kristen storyline really picked up steam when they put Drake in it last week – it can’t survive unless Drake is in it. Sorry, I’ve held on as long as I can, I need a break from this show so Drake leaving is my incentive to too. I’m going to watch GH because they’re really treating their vets like gold there.

January 8, 2013 at 1:44 pm
(25) Lindsey says:

BYE DAYS! Drake returning to the show in 2011 is why I did too so I’ll be leaving until he is back.

January 8, 2013 at 1:53 pm
(26) Brittany says:

This is such an awful decision. They get rid of Drake so they can bring back actors and characters that no one cares about. The fans are invested in what goes on with John and in he and Marlena as a couple. And Drake is more than deserving of his job. One of the best actors and people on the show. This is totally uncalled for and disrespectful to Drake and his legacy on Days.

January 8, 2013 at 2:04 pm
(27) Pam says:

I’m VERY disappointed in the writing team of Tomsell! Drake Hogestyn is a fabulous actor & has been under appreciated since Tomsell took over a few months ago! I sure wish they would bring Mar-Dar back! They appreciate the VETS like Drake ,Christie Clark & Patrick Muldoon among others. I have been watching DAYS for 40 years! John & Marlena are my favorite couple. I CAN’T believe TPTB are wasting the acting talents of Drake Hogestyn. At this point I think the actors can write a better script than Tomsell! Also,I don’t believe Tomsell took the time to research the history of the show with what they’re writing NOW. So SAD! Drake’s fans are legion! We are NOT happy!!!

January 8, 2013 at 2:05 pm
(28) CC says:

Days is so unstable, it’s no wonder they’re consistently in last place. It’s almost like they bring in a guest writer every week to write for the show. The storylines make no sense. Where are the supercouples? Where’s the romance? Where are the exciting stories? Days 2.0 has failed miseraby but taking one of the strongest performers off canvas is definitely not going to solve the issues!

January 8, 2013 at 2:22 pm
(29) Cara says:

First Jack, then Bo and now John. When will NBC listen to the viewers. We don’t want Dan and Jen on 5 days a week. Give them a rest and bring back the vets we care about.

January 8, 2013 at 2:25 pm
(30) Susie says:

No!!!! We want Drake and Deidre! I don’t understand why 90% of the show is Sami and EJ. I don’t understand why there seems to be a lack of storylines for them. Honestly, half of the fans could do a better job writing the show than present writers. Besides the writing (or lack thereof) for John and Marlena, the writing in general is disappointing. No romance, no cliffhangers, barely any plot? Do they put ANY effort in at all?! Even though I would HATE to see Drake go, can any of us even blame him? The seldom times he is on, John is written out of character. When Marlena shot his son, he was still begging her to come back home so they could be a family. Now, Marlena keeps a minor secret from him and he’s leaving town?! That makes no sense! Bottom line – Drake and Deidre are so talented and I think they deserve equal air time to other characters. I don’t know if it’s ageism – I don’t know what it is, but I do not like it! Disgusting!

January 8, 2013 at 2:32 pm
(31) Annie says:

I don’t think that Drake show be written off the show! There are a bunch people who feel the same way that I do! I think that John and marlena need to get back together and fight kristen off the show!

January 8, 2013 at 2:39 pm
(32) mary bready says:

I agree with soo many of these folks…i absolutely LOVE John and Marlena….I am about done with Days…it’s all about the younger group…what about us more mature and LOYAL viewers over the years! I have watch since I was 9…got hooked because my MOM (now deceased) was hooked….But please..don’t do this! And bring BO back And resurrect JAck…Bring Steve back..give us what we have always watched days for!!! relationships and Drama!! I’m sure that all these folks can provide more than these writers could handle! I like Daniel and Chloe..give Phillip to Jennifer if you are not bringing Jack.

January 8, 2013 at 2:48 pm
(33) Vinny says:

AHHHH, I get it now, DAYS OF OUR LIVES don’t WANT actors on the canvas who can actually ACT and sell the BS that TOMSUCK continue to shove down our throats. Drake is an awesome actor that makes TOMSELL’S scripts look Emmy worthy so THAT is why he is dumped on, used, abused and benched. I get it now.

Drake, you are a fabulous actor that DESERVES better than what this joke of a show has become.

January 8, 2013 at 2:50 pm
(34) Lisa says:

I am fed up with some posts bashing Ej and Sami, right now they even not together ! Sami is more with Rafe than Ej so stop it ! And John and Marlena can be on the canva as well as Ej and Sami, WTF ?!!
If you are so upset about John rumored departure, call for keeping John and dump Rafe, Ej is not at all the same type of character as John..duh ! eyerolllllllllllllllllll

January 8, 2013 at 2:54 pm
(35) Mickey says:

Good Grief DOOL writers! I don’t tweet or twitter but hope DOOL will value and pay attention just the same — to me and to all the other Drake fans who commented.. Do NOT let Drake go for good. What a travesty, especially compared to some of awful story lines that should SO be history. The characters of John and Marlena have been a grand love story and backbone of the show for so many years and have just started having some meaningful story lines again. What a waste of talent and interest to let him go. As my first ever comment on such a site, consider me among the fans that will be DONE with Days if Drake goes. Shame on you if he does!

January 8, 2013 at 2:55 pm
(36) julie says:

Linda first Ejami is maybe one of the best potential pairing this soap has/had the chance to have, only problem they NEVER EVER give them a chance, they are always paired with other characters.
That being said John and Marlena need to stay on the canva and the Hernandez family can go take a hike !

January 8, 2013 at 2:59 pm
(37) Peter Kent says:

I’ve watched this show with my wife since 1981 and this latest news about Drake has made us come to the decision together that once Drake leaves, that is the end of our support for this show. We can’t sit back and give our support to a show that would treat an actor of Drake’s caliber who is an icon on this show, like he is trash.

I just wanted to thank Drake for continuing to be loyal to a show that since 2006 has been nothing but disloyal to him and continues to not only disrespect him as an actor but John as a character. I hope Drake goes somewhere where his acting talents will be respected.

We’ll continue to “Follow” Drake to whatever place of employment that is blessed to have him and will be switching the channel to GH once John leaves town.

January 8, 2013 at 3:08 pm
(38) Isabella says:

These comments are making me cry, we can not lose Drake again after JUST getting him back in 2011, please DAYS, don’t do this to us again. Like has already been mentioned here, Drake is a real gift to this show. He is a rare find that not only is gorgeous but he knows the acting craft. Please DAYS don’t allow us to lose an actor with Drake’s acting talent. Start treating Drake as he deserves to be treated and bring John back to Salem and give Drake a lead storyline with Deidre.

January 8, 2013 at 3:12 pm
(39) Bill says:

COME ON GUYS, Drake hasn’t been fired, John is just leaving town for a little while. There is still time to save Drake’s job and keep this gifted actor with us. Like Drake says, let your voices be heard that you want Drake to stay on DAYS.

January 8, 2013 at 3:19 pm
(40) Margaret says:

OMG, if DAYS OF OUR LIVES does the unthinkable and fires Drake again, my 30 year loyalty to DAYS is history. Why do TPTB only pick on the GREAT actors like Drake? Did they not see that when Drake was in South Africa to promote DAYS there were riots over this man? He is hugely popular and loved and DAYS not only need an actor as fab as he is but they also need Drake around to keep up the morale of the show. From what I’ve heard it STINKS when he isn’t on the show since he is so loved by the cast.

January 8, 2013 at 3:28 pm
(41) DD says:

It’s a shame that John’s character has to be sacrificed for the likes of the Hernandez clan.

I understand about wanting to have diversity on your show, but how about making sure the diverse characters help boost the ratings…which have been in a downward spiral ever since the writers went with trying to pair Rafe with Sami again. He has been a barnacle since he set foot in Salem and it is quite apparent that the only reason that this has to be is because he can’t carry a story outside of Sami. If that’s the case, Rafe can be the one to leave Salem for a few weeks and leave John so that he and Marlena can work out their issues.

January 8, 2013 at 4:11 pm
(42) Maltsy says:

just another reason the ratings have gone in the dumper. They start a great storyline with someone, then just pack them off, never to be seen or spoken of again. Then they start shoving new people down our throats expecting us to accept them and forget about the great couples that made the show. I don’t see how they can keep the show on with what they are doing to it. I have watched it for over 40 years, and now it is just a bunch of bed hopping, rush and get married in the church, divorce, get pregnant by someone else, dash to the church and get married again, find out the daddy is someone else, divorce, rush to the church and marry the daddy, etc., etc. etc. It’s always the same thing over and over and over. BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 8, 2013 at 4:29 pm
(43) mark says:

REALLY ?????? :( John leaving after this week for a few weeks ???? : ( PLEASE DAYS !!!!!! SHOW MORE JOHN !!!!!! SHOW MORE LUCAS !!!!!!!! I HATE HATE THE HERNANDEZ’S ( RAFE & GABI ) !!!!!!!!!!!

I think Corday and the writers have really lost there minds now and there in talks about keeping the show around awhile longer now.

I hate what happened on the show today. They kept on saying Phillip was there and he was upstairs at victors in one scene and then in the next scene Chloe and Daniel was there and Phillip was suddenly already gone. :( I wonder if they would consider a Phillip recast.

I said i wasn’t going to watch the show anymore I may quit now after the wedding that probably won’t happen because weddings never happen in salem then again its GABI it might just happen. Also Alison Sweeney’s anniversary with the show I think is friday as well. So Happy Anniversary Alison.

January 8, 2013 at 4:57 pm
(44) Christine says:

I want more of John And Marlena. I came back to see them not who the daddy that has been done so much on the show it is getting borring. I want a story that has to do with John and Marlena. These writer do not know how to write. The storys they are writing have been done be for one way or another. How about a new story line that has to do with John and Marlena this time. What happend to Days 2.0 You said they were going back to family @ romance. I have not seen any of that sinc John got out of Jail.

January 8, 2013 at 5:09 pm
(45) Kateri says:

I love Marlena. I love Roman. Enough said. John I like him on the show but he is way too mellodramatic.

January 8, 2013 at 5:18 pm
(46) rae says:

Once again this show is disrespecting Drake. Makes no sense to have his character leave at this time. There was such excitement for a great J&M story when Eileen was brought back as Kristen. Last week we saw the talents of these amazing actors and now it seems that all of this will be dropped. Kristen without John and Marlena just doesn’t make sense.

The show has a gold mine with Deidre and Drake. It is just so disappointing that this show can’t find writers that can and will write for all of the characters and are true fans of the show and not just their chosen few favorites that are on constantly. Do TPTB ever look at the ratings?

Hope this Drake drought is super short and that when he returns we get a great J&M story.

January 8, 2013 at 5:43 pm
(47) Christine says:

What happend to Days 2.0. I want more of John and Marlena. I came back to see Deidre and Drake. If they are not on i do not watch the show. Please put John and Marela on more in a story that has to do with them this time.

January 8, 2013 at 5:48 pm
(48) Jane says:

Like so many others, I’m tired of expressing my feelings and offering my thoughts about the writing and casting of DOOL, and not being heard. It’s fans like the many of us who have lived and loved with this show for 30 or more years who have made DOOL successful by continuing to watch and enjoy each episode and storyline.
PLEASE listen to your fans! We know the actors who have kept us watching and the story lines that have kept us thinking in anticipation of another day in Salem.
DO NOT let John leave over a ridiculously feeble disagreement with Marlena. It does not fit his character or their relationship.
DO NOT let Bo walk away from the cherished wife and daughter that he loves. It does not fit his character or their relationship, either.
Consider stopping the ins and outs of the former cast, and start offering some security and consistency for your actors and their fans!
We will keep watching if we can count on YOU! If not, DOOL will no longer have a fan base and will NOT survive.

January 8, 2013 at 5:56 pm
(49) Michele says:

They better not write John off!!!!! He & Marlena were meant to be together & they are the next Tom & Alice for Days!!!! As for “Anne”, she is worthless!!!!

January 8, 2013 at 6:18 pm
(50) Claire says:

What man, a strong one, would leave because his wife was protecting his feelings? STUPID writing! Are they 18 and never heard of commitment ?
Geez Days, get hold of your characters! And you had better consider your long time base, because if you are looking for a new demographic you won’t get the very young. Their noses are in their phones.
Let’s move on past Sami the slut–which she is. Let’s have more of Nicole who doesn’t pretend to be who she is not. I like Rafe well enough, but he is being stupid as well as EJ. Could we bring in some real women for Rafe, EJ, and Lucus!!!!!!! Enough of Sami and her baggage.

January 8, 2013 at 6:25 pm
(51) mouse says:

I hope someone at Days is reading all the comments
and letting Drake know :)

January 8, 2013 at 7:47 pm
(52) Linda says:

U said it best, Claire says, enough of slut Sami ever since she has been front and center this soap has gone down hill and all they keep doing is shoving her down our throats. Ari is a great actor and Nicole needs to be front and center. John, Bo and Steve all back is where this show should be going instead of the bed hopping of the slut Sami. WE ARE SICK OF SAMI!

January 8, 2013 at 8:11 pm
(53) J says:

Days how about using some common sense here! Stop with the Days of our Sami. No one cares to see an hour long show about a woman in her 30s that’s about to become a grandmother acting like hyper-sexual over-dramatic 16 yr old. Bring back what made this show great! Give us real romance not bed hopping! Give us action and adventure not endless scenes of the Dimeras sipping on cocoa at the Brady pub. I want to see legacy characters front and center not pushed aside for the new guy. Mostly though I need couples I can actually root for that are based in true love and devotion not pairings about sick obsessions and violence i.e. ejami.

January 8, 2013 at 8:20 pm
(54) KB says:

This is nonsense!! Nothing has changed, Deidre & Drake and the John and Marlena fans get no respect from TPTB.

January 8, 2013 at 8:46 pm
(55) Minerva says:

I have my likes and dislikes of the actors and characters but the people I am really steamed at is the writers. They are just retreading the same old same old stories over and over again. The only difference is sometimes it’s through different characters but it’s the same old plot lines.

We are all intelligent viewers. How many times are they going to try an make us swallow plots about mistaken paternity? This is so old school soaps. If they were going to bring back Chloe and have her going for Dr. Dan, there are a thousand different ways it could have been done. Or better yet, not been done at all and bring in a new face to rival Jen.

And speaking of Jen, is she going for the clutz of the year award? I mean honestly. How can any one woman have so many accidents and surgeries? She has used up all of her nine lives already.

We need some fresh new stories and while we are at it, how about adding some fresh new actors? And stop hiding Bo. He’s there somewhere. We all know he is no longer Peter Reckell. Do the producers think the longer they take to introduce a new actor the less we will remember the old one?

Wake up writers and producers of DOL. The audience deserves better than what you have to offer. There have been many soap casualties of late. Please don’t make Days be another one of them.

January 8, 2013 at 9:28 pm
(56) SandyGram says:

Stay! Stay! Stay! The real question is, are the writers talented enough to write John a good storyline?

January 8, 2013 at 11:54 pm
(57) Maryann says:

Give us more Drake & Deidre. John & Marlena are the best and the only reason I started watching again. We want more 2013 and beyond John & Marlena front burner storylines.

Drake & Deidre were excellent in the January 8, 2013 episode. They have the most amazing chemistry together. The best chemistry of any couple on TV. They are soulmates and the real John would not have doubted his wfe about Kristen in the first place and he definitely would never ever leave the love of his life. We want them together.

Give us the true romantic, playful and sexy John & Marlena back. I am tired of having to watch old you tube clips to see the true romantic John & Marlena.

January 9, 2013 at 1:19 am
(58) Steven says:

NO WAY! John can’t leave even just for a few weeks. He is the best male character on this show played by one of DTTV’s greatest actors. I hope there will be SPOILERS for when Drake will be back on DAYS because that is when I’ll tune back in. Looks like next Friday is my last day watching too, plus Salem weeks could be months for us. Bye Days until Drake is back.

January 9, 2013 at 1:25 am
(59) Sandy says:

Who was it that said Drake leaving is the straw that broke the camel’s back? I feel the same way. Drake’s last show is the last time I’ll be watching too. Janet, please keep us up to date on when Drake is back please so I can tune back in.

Also, this wasn’t Drake’s choice meaning he didn’t ask for time off, he was just given it so that is not acceptable.

January 9, 2013 at 1:32 am
(60) DEB says:

So Drake is leaving again? This man is a stellar actor who can make Tomlin’s sucky scripts actually enjoyable (takes great talent to do that) yet he is being shown the door? I don’t care if it is only for a few weeks, John should not be leaving period when his family needs him and Drake shouldn’t be forced to take more time off after he was forced to take from April – July off when his character was backburnered from the end of May until October. I have no interest in watching this Kristen/Brady storyline if Drake isn’t a part of it. Sorry DAYS, looks like you just lost another viewer once John leaves town, not that you care.

January 9, 2013 at 1:39 am
(61) Katie says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Bye Days. :(

January 9, 2013 at 1:50 am
(62) Kelker says:

I adore Drake, like everybody is saying, he is a fabulous actor. I’ve watched this show since the beginning but no more, I’m turning my TV off in protest for Drake. Watching DAYS from January 2009 – September 2011 was hard enough when we didn’t have Drake’s talent, adorable smile and grin lighting up DAYS and so I can’t imagine losing him again. Janet, please give us a date to when Drake will be back on again okay?

Out of respect for Drake, I can’t support DAYS while he isn’t on this show. Having this very handsome-blue-eyed hottie benched for the second time WHILE the same writing team have been scribing, is just too much to take. Yes TomSell, we get it, you hate the character of John, well, the feelings are mutual regarding the crap you guys put out on a daily bases and CALL it a script.

January 9, 2013 at 2:01 am
(63) Jill and Amy says:

In the words of John, “I’m so done” with DAYS. People are talking about the straw that broke the camel’s back and that is me too. Make viewers believe that Drake got through the last bloodbath only to backburn Drake for MOST of 2012 and have John leave town for weeks just so they can backburn Drake again or fire him, is that the plan?

Drake is a exceptional and outstanding actor, any show would be lucky to have him on their show and if DAYS TPTB don’t smarten up and start using his talents, another network will be only too happy to.

Once John leaves, goodbye DAYS for me too.

January 9, 2013 at 2:04 am
(64) Deseree says:

GOOD BYE DAYS!

January 9, 2013 at 2:17 am
(65) Deidra says:

Gosh, look at that picture of Drake, he is such a beautiful man, I love his blue eyes. Anyway, I heard about Drake’s vacation that he never asked for yesterday, and was so outraged that I decided to hold my postings until today. Drake is a very gifted actor and he doesn’t deserve to be treated like some newbie that never took off with the audience. Drake is loved in every part of the world, believe me, I live in South Africa and I saw the riots for this man and how everybody was screaming “JOHN BLACK” everywhere he went and how the fans went nuts when he told the crowd that a maid in the hotel walked in on him totally naked because of a joke Galen played on him. Drake is hugely popular and he gets an enormous reaction no matter where he goes. DAYS TPTB are fools to bench Drake even for a short time. So help me if they even think of firing him again, I’ll be SO gone just like I’m gone until Drake gets back again. I’m a new Drake fan and can not picture this show without him so I won’t.

January 9, 2013 at 4:46 am
(66) Karen Guthrie says:

I think that John went to find Stafano in Europe and Bo, too.

January 9, 2013 at 6:59 am
(67) Ann says:

I totally agree with what nearly everyone here has said. Drake IS DAYS as far as I’m concerned, and I don’t (and WON’T) watch if he’s not on. When will TPTB learn that there are a lot of other ways people can spend their time instead of watching a show that disrespects its actors AND it’s audience?

Drake is the best actor on DAYS – or ANY show – and he always gives 1,000% of himself to anything he does. He’s beloved by fellow castmates as well as fans around the world – it makes NO SENSE to bench him and KEEP so many of the other actors/characters that aren’t anywhere NEAR as popular and NEEDED on this show!

I’ll keep my ear to the ground and return to the show when Drake does, but until then, I’m DONE supporting a show that could do something like this to someone as fabulous and phenomenal as Drake. GOODBYE, DAYS!

January 9, 2013 at 7:49 am
(68) Taelyn says:

If Drake needs a couple of weeks off for his own reasons, so be it.. However if they start writing him out or worse let him go I will be gone for the 3rd and FINAL time.
As it is im pissed beyond belief that Jarlena has had only ****ONE**** romantic encounter when John was finally able to make love to Marlena.. It was Romantic, Sexy, Tasteful and left us wanting more.. But we never got more, Not even innocent romance, Like Dinners and Dancing. The most Romantic Sexiest, Hottest couple in soap History barely even kiss. Victor and Maggie have more loving scenes than Jarlena.. And All this get rid of Rafe, or get rid of EJ is useless, and Im sure not the cause of this. Days needs better story pacing..The writers always think they can only tell 1,2,or 3 stories and everyone else is uselessBlaming Rafe is a Joke .. He is barely on, and EJ only a bit more, we are being OD’d on Bristen, Nabi, Danniffer.. All storylines that carry very little weight with the audience.Those should be filler side stories… And The Vets should be the CORE.. and really Maybe they can give Sami a few weeks off..I wont miss her.
This Bristen story should instead be about John..Kristen and Marlena, and Brady simply be a Tool or a weapon.
The writers should leave the ego’s at ho,e and write for ALL the viewers.. Heck this cast used to be DOUBLE what it is, and they managed to work them..And why is it? Only DAY’S cant or refuses to see the value and Draw of the Vets..?? I mean who cares about this new Cameron? Or Nurse Rachett.. Heck we barely care about over 1/2 the cast because they have been written as useless and boring. Days can bring back every Fav we have but if they dont write for them or give them stories, Then they ALL become only PROPS

January 9, 2013 at 8:26 am
(69) MAR says:

Please write your letters, make your calls, and tweet in support of Deidre Hall & Drake Hogestyn (John & Marlena). Let them know we want to see more of them and in core stories.
Tweet:

Gary Tomlin/Chris Whitesell
Co-Head Writer, Days of Our Lives
3000 West Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA 91523

January 9, 2013 at 9:12 am
(70) Tammy says:

I am so done with this show. The way they treat their vets is disgusting. John and Marlena have crap stories and are being written totally out of character. Heck I don’t even recognize most of the characters on this show anymore. They have Jen acting like a lunatic, Brady acting like he lost his brain somewhere, and they barely even show Lucas.

All the while, they are shoving EJ and Sami in our faces as much as possible. This fickle Sami who can’t decide who she wants to be with is NOT the Sami I remember. She wouldn’t ‘have feelings’ for a man who has done such unspeakable things to her. Remember the Alan storyline? That was how Sami would react. Not like this pathetic airhead.

I swear the powers that be want this show to fail. They can’t honestly think people are going to keep tuning in. I’ve already started watching General Hospital where the writing has greatly improved and they are no longer having one or two characters dominate the entire show.

January 9, 2013 at 9:30 am
(71) Carol Pruski says:

Please don’t take John off…he’s the whole reason I watch the show!!!

January 9, 2013 at 10:36 am
(72) Linda says:

My DVR is off for the week of Jan. 21, more Ejami crap that I don’t want to watch. Man, are these writers ever going to learn we are tired of the slut Sami, that doesn’t have a brain and would fall for someone that has abused her the way EJ has. Then u have Marlena and John the love of each others lifes and they write John off the soap. Why can’t these dumb writers figure out what the heck we want. We don’t want people that have been abusive to one another together. IT’S SICK! We don’t want good actors like John, and Bo, written off the soap and more Ejami crap. We are sick of Sami’s many men and HATE EJAMI! We don’t want to see Will with a man either, having a baby with a women. These SL’s are so STUPID!

January 9, 2013 at 10:41 am
(73) Elaine says:

Don’t let John go…

January 9, 2013 at 11:11 am
(74) sandracroft says:

Some people may hate Ejami but other people loves Ejami. The ratings are not down with Ejami but up. They went up during the griefsex and with the daysaster. Still if the writhers canīt put Ejami together as a real couple it would be better to have an other loveinterest for EJ. I rather have Ejole than pieces of Ejami, but I wonder if JS is interested in Ejole he did say itīs about time for Ejami.

January 9, 2013 at 11:56 am
(75) Betrice says:

Janet, I’m going to try very hard not to swear and simply say WTF is going on at DAYS? Drake is the one actor on this show that can sell anything they give him because of his acting ability. Give him a high emotion script and he breaks hearts, give him a dramatic script and you’re on the edge of your seat, give him a script nobody can believe and he makes it believable. I’m a new fan of Drake and John. I started watching during the Embezzlement storyline because his acting made me feel like I was peeking through the window of somebody that was in a lot of trouble with the law.

John has been written very out of character lately (who hasn’t) yet it is not possible to be mad at this character because of how Drake plays this character. Everything from the stolen glances at Marlena when he doesn’t think she is looking, his pressed lips when he is trying to hold his emotions back, the single tear down his face that is brought on from an actor that feels the script and his mannerisms that make it seem like John is totally out of control. He can make you swoon one minute and in the next moment make you gasp because John really does have a DiMera temper and when it comes out, look out.

Drake showed last week that when you give him material, the man acts circles around everybody, I put him up there with GREAT actors on daytime that can even make a Tomlin script look really great.

Like I said, I’m a new DAYS fan so because of this it will be quite easy to turn off DAYS once John leaves town. I will be Following Spoilers just in case they do have Drake on, but I won’t be supporting a show that seems to see nothing wrong with treating an iconic actor like Drake like he doesn’t matter at all.

January 9, 2013 at 12:08 pm
(76) FedUp says:

I think it’s time to get rid of the WRITERS on DAYS! They have the imagination and creativity of bats. IF DAYS has had a reprieve from being cast off day time TV, then STEP UP the game plan….cut out the Sami Show and most of the Hernandez clan and get back to the basics…that’s what brought you to the success in the pass, you just need to put a new twist on the old favorites.
And for heaven’s sake, why would you ever entertain the thought of getting rid of John or Marlena; it would be like killing off Dr Tom Horton and Alice? Stupid Is as Stupid Does…..

January 9, 2013 at 12:15 pm
(77) Ronny says:

Janet, I’m joining the “leaving with Drake” train. As DAYS fans we can only be expected to take so much and getting rid of an actor of not only Drake’s caliber but who also is by far the nicest and sweetest man you’ll ever meet in your life, proves TPTB have NO clue what they’re doing. I don’t know who made this horrible choice to write out Drake, but personally I think it is the last straw for a lot of people. I just read Drake’s website and it says this man turned down other projects, two being prime time roles on a sitcom, because when it came time to sign the contract and he was told he has to leave DAYS, Drake refused to do that and walked away from roles any actor would die to have, in order to stay with a show that has taken dump after dump on him since about 2006. Not many actors would allow themselves to be used and abused like this show has abused him really badly since 2006 when everything at work fell apart for Drake. He not only was nearly killed in real life in 2007 but he was also being stabbed in the back daily by the crap heads in charge of running things at NBC.

This is a man who was so happy to be back at work with his friends and that is so popular that it took him three hours to get from his car to his dressing room because EVERYBODY was hugging him. As soon as he got into NBC he kissed the floor because he was so happy to be back at DAYS. It is because he loves the show so much that he allows himself to be disrespected to the degree Drake is disrespected and I am so sick of it.

Anyway, I’ll close by saying if January 21st is when John leaves town, I’m gone too. I’m a general DAYS fan but I FEEL the difference in this show when Drake isn’t on and it is a show I’d rather not tune into.

January 9, 2013 at 12:21 pm
(78) Mark says:

I’ll keep it short and just say I’m hoping on the “leaving” train too and so is my wife, daughter and neice. Drake is an awesome actor and John is one of the most complex and rewritten characters on soaps, yet he proves he has the acting ability to play the many turns this character takes daily.

January 9, 2013 at 12:26 pm
(79) Maggy says:

WHY DAYS, WHY? Why are you taking all of the great actors away? After 35 years of watching Days I’m gone too. Poor Drake doesn’t deserve this crap. One vacation after the next for him and the sad thing is he never asks for this time off. Get rid of TomSell not a man that knows the acting craft and always brings his A Game.

Goodbye Days.

January 9, 2013 at 12:35 pm
(80) Isabella says:

Must feel really great to be one of Tomlin’s “Pets” on this show that don’t have to know how to act, as long as they look pretty for the camera and turn HIM on they’ve got a job. Drake on the other hand is by far the most disrespected actor on DAYS yet the man is absolutely brilliant. The acting levels he displayed last week from the beginning of the week to the end is levels of acting you don’t often see on daytime TV, yet John is being written out and Drake’s future is in danger on this show? What the hell is wrong with TPTB on this show? I was barely hanging on anyway but this decision has forced my hand and I’ll be leaving DAYS too once Drake does.

January 9, 2013 at 12:35 pm
(81) button says:

DOOL are you insane? Are you really going to let such a sexy, handsome, talented, wildly popular actor (meaning Drake) be gone–for any length of time, much less for good? And to end the John/Marlena story line is beyond belief. If so then you can kiss your renewal good bye as your fan base will be gone. Please pay attention to the uprising you have created and correct this before it is too late. Keep Drake and write some more interesting, romantic story lines for J/M. PS to Drake: I agree that I hope you are seeing all these comments supporting you. Feel the love….

January 9, 2013 at 12:48 pm
(82) Janice Brown says:

Deidre, I love you, you are one of my favorite actresses but I’m leaving once your leading man, Drake does. You’ll just be put in a supporting role anyway when he is gone and I’d rather not see you disrespect too. As has been pointed out already, DAYS only has a few great actors left and this actor with the beautiful blue eyes and killer smile is one of the best.

It was just confirmed that Drake didn’t ask for time off, which means he wasn’t even benched since benched actors are still seen but Drake won’t be. Like was pointed out, it seems if you can ACT on this show, you’re treated like crap. If you’re loyal to the show you’re treated like a second-rate actor. NBC calls on Drake to promote the show yet they sit back and do noting while Tomlin benches John or gives him two short scenes that this actor has to drive all the way from Malibu (which is over a two hour drive) to perform filler scenes. Even when John is on that day Drake is mostly off screen and the Christmas show was by far one of the worse Christmas shows DAYS has ever done.

I’ll end this with three words…GOOD BYE DAYS.

January 9, 2013 at 12:59 pm
(83) Summer says:

When does the “leaving with Drake” train board? I want to make sure I don’t miss it!

Drake is all kinds of phenomenal and not only acts circles but dances circles around most of the men on this show now, yet they’re thinking of firing him? What is that sound? The final nails in DAYS coffin being hammered in and dirt being thrown onto the casket.

Heads-up please when the “leaving with Drake” train boards.

January 9, 2013 at 1:14 pm
(84) Stephanie says:

Summer, “not only acts circles but dances circles around most of the men on this show now” I agree with this but I think it is more like ALL of the men on this show now. Drake does things with a scene, I have yet to see any actor on this present show do. He is king of soap nuances and character shading, it is amazing to watch him in action. He puts his whole body into his acting, he must have to go back to his dressing room and take a nap before he heads home because what he does with a scene really looks exhausting.

The biggest loser in this whole thing is Drake, he is the one that keeps getting benched just because Days has hired incompetent writers that can only write for newbies because they don’t have the talent needed to write for established and complex characters like John is. Drake is a wonderful actor who proves he can perform anything they throw to him, yet for some reason these writers hate the character of John and they make that very clear in every show that John is in.

I’ll start watching Days again once Drake is back but personally I’m thankful for the break from this show. It isn’t the show my grandmother got me hooked on eight years ago.

January 9, 2013 at 1:23 pm
(85) Laurie says:

What in the world could they be thinking??? Do they really want to go there again?? Although, he just said it’s for a little while…if not, I will not be tuning in again! Basically the ONLY REASON I tuned in again was because John and Marlena were coming back!!!! No one, I repeat, NO ONE has the chemistry that they do!! EJ and Sami do not even come close, in my opinion! I don’t think any other couple ever will! That’s what the dedicated fans of old tune in for, not the I think I love you after a couple sex scenes. All you feel from the couples of today is maybe the physical attraction between the two actors. With Deidre and Drake, you FEEL it all… physical, emotional and oh, soooo passionate!! They literally take you to another place! We will see what happens. I loved the fact that Kristen came back, but only because it involved John and Marlena…without John…I’m done for good!!!

January 9, 2013 at 1:25 pm
(86) Alex says:

Move over because my big fat ass is hoping on the “leaving with Drake” train as well. I tried to watch this show when this FAB actor was off it for two and a half years, I won’t do it again.

CYA DAYS.

January 9, 2013 at 2:03 pm
(87) mark says:

All I can say is that, there are at least 14 people now on DAYS that I either don’t care for or either on the cast list and DAYS doesn’t even use the characters anymore UGH. John and Lucas are not even on my 14 list. I like John now and Lucas. I wonder how many people DAYS just has on contract or doesn’t even use anymore. As I said before after this Fridays episode and the wedding episode happens I may not watch anymore. It is getting to confusin. Days please get rid of the writers. I would like an updated cast list and i wonder what the casts contracts are.

January 9, 2013 at 2:55 pm
(88) Denise says:

I am really disappointed that Drake is off the Canvas yet again.. What is going on? In my oppinion Drake Hogestyn is a great actor and with this Kristen/Brady storyline going on there is no reason for John to be leaving town. I guess there goes that story. I think the writers have forgotten what dedicated fans Days has, we all know that John Black would never leave Marlena. They are a super couple and the real John Black would never run away. The reason I even began watching Days was because I fell in love with John and Marlena. I have been a dedicated fan for over 20 years. Please do your fans a favor and Keep Drake and Deidre on the front burner where they should be.

January 9, 2013 at 4:13 pm
(89) Lulu says:

Please don’t kill drake’s character, it will be sad as he and deidre make a mean team. Rather kill Kristen’s character including the stupidly of Brady.

January 10, 2013 at 12:50 pm
(90) Linda says:

We need John, Marlena, Bo, Hope, Steve and Kayla in the main SL to save this soap

January 11, 2013 at 1:43 pm
(91) Dee says:

So sad that once again TPTB can’t see what a great actor Drake is. They have done this before and the ratings went down and now just when it is getting good, they give Drake a “time out”! Shame on the writers/producers of DAYS! Drake will be missed immensely!

January 12, 2013 at 7:48 pm
(92) jean says:

I worked in a hospital for 20 yrs & believe when I say no one is allowed to act the way Ann does. Your not allowed to make remarks the way Ann does about another employee.U would be canned on the spot. If a charge nurse hear this, especially at the nurses station, that’s it. So get with the real hospital, this doesn’t happen!!!!!!!!!!

January 12, 2013 at 8:59 pm
(93) Gail Gilpin says:

John. And Marlena have been an anchor of stability for the show. Don’t remove John. Danniel and Jennifer could be the next John and Marlena long lasting love story. Chloe needs to find someone else and stay in the show.

January 13, 2013 at 3:30 am
(94) Donna says:

Please let Malans and John get back together. They
Are such great actors . I hated when they left the show
Before.

Also please let Daniel and Jennifer get together.to
Raise Parker. But of course the need to get married .
Of course the best chemistry was better between
Jack and Jennifer.

Thanks for listening .

January 13, 2013 at 10:27 pm
(95) Sherrill says:

John and Marlena should stay not a very good show without them and sonny need’s to go.. disgusting !!!!!! I miss Bo it doesn’t seem right without him…….

January 13, 2013 at 11:11 pm
(96) Joy says:

Like many others I have been watching DOOL since it came on. John and Marlena are one of my favorites. I would really hate to see them leave again. I wish you would bring Bo back. I’m really thankful for fast forward which I do every time Will comes on with his friend. I don’t know if he is Gay in real life, if not he is a better actor than I thought he was But I want watch that part of the show. I was looking forward to the show coming alive again when the last writters left but you all are worse. Frankly I think it’s time for new writters. If it wasn’t for being able to record the show and fast forward I would have left the show when Bo left. You could bring Days back alive by paying attention to what the people are saying.

January 14, 2013 at 3:40 am
(97) Amy says:

Ok . I really hope that this John and marlena thing will be sorted out. There has been so many missed opportunities to give them stuff to do other than lunching at Horton sq. Brady and Rafe both former Passions actors are just being used as take their shirt off guys with zero sense. I love will and sonny and Sami and whoever but I want more storylines a other than a bunch of widowed or abandoned women with the only things they have in their lives is talking about the few people with relationships. and Gabi and nick ouch I never liked either if them and together I fast forward how stupid the story is. . Kayla either gets Steve back or just hook her up with Abe and be done with it. Hope needs a Bo maybe Peter will change his mind and come back eventually after a hotter bo who decides to work on the docks semi retired / working as a hero under the radar. Sadly I’ve seen jack resurrected 5 or 6 times ( stefano still has him beat) and its played out . Nicole should get back get baby. And have some cool drama there all stefano. And marlena should kill Kristen for good this time . Johns character isn’t being worked right . Put him back in the corporate world rebuilding basic black did he ever get those funds back for his employees? Have Kate give Sami a proper corporate smack down and have her wise up after being a grandmother get her act together and work for John. Ej I would love him with someone new and lasting but that isn’t gonna happen that’s ok he’s cute. The writers just need to give the characters more depth and dimension then they wouldn’t have to beat what works in the show to death and drag on what doesn’t work like a bad snl skit. Hopefully drake will stay otherwise they might as well make marlena a serial killer again and this time everybody doesn’t end up on an island.

January 14, 2013 at 11:15 am
(98) Ardith says:

I’ve been watching Days of Our Lives since my teenage years in the 60′s! For a while, I missed it when I worked after our children were in school & I was working full-time. Somewhere I missed why Chris Kosacheck (sp?) was returned as Roman Brady…?? I love Deidre Hall and was so excited to see her back. Kristin…can’t stand her. I hate to see Brady being blinded by her deceiving ways. Couldn’t he get with that beautiful friend of Hope’s? Peter Reckel leaving? I went to see him at AG Hall in Lehigh Valley, PA, years ago! He & Kristin Alfonzo (Hope) have such chemistry as Bo & Hope…please don’t change him! I’ve always loved Victor, Maggie & Jennifer…they are my long time favorites. I still miss Alice & Dr Horton. They will always be in my heart! It was good to see Doug & Julie on several episodes. Their love is real in real life, too! Love Rafe’s eyes!

January 14, 2013 at 3:35 pm
(99) Lee says:

Okay, Let John go with kristen. get another female for Rafe. its ashame for sami having to of the best looking guy hang around her. Maybe Rafe and a cop girlfriend..

January 14, 2013 at 4:47 pm
(100) teresa says:

I think they should let john go and bring back bo, let marlana and roman have another chance at a relationship again, poor Roman has never had a relationship for a long long time and i think its about time for him to have more air time and i hope they bring stephano back soon and i hope this doesn’t mean that after 2014 that days will be canceled i love this show and i HOPE THEY CONTINUE to play on air for a long time.

January 14, 2013 at 4:47 pm
(101) Layla says:

Keep John!!! And please give Lucas a story-line!

January 14, 2013 at 4:49 pm
(102) tammy says:

I love Sami and EJ, they have both done alot of wrong and I think they make each other good. I can not stand when they try and make Sami a saint and EJ the devil when Sami has done more illeagal and immoral things than EJ has. EJ just needs a break. I really can’t stand Rafe, I wish he would get knocked right off his high horse. Get real!

January 14, 2013 at 4:54 pm
(103) DLEE says:

Love Safe! Down with Ejami …..too insulting . Maybe Bo, John and Phillip are all upstairs at Victors playing cards! Seriously, bring Bo back

January 14, 2013 at 5:14 pm
(104) CAROLYN says:

Get Hope off and take that nasty looking Billi with her. Let something good happen for Nichole, she’s been kicked around enough. Let Brady go too.

January 14, 2013 at 5:50 pm
(105) Disappointed says:

I have watched DOOL since the first episode way back in the 60s. Back then, there were no tapes, Dvrs, etc. I had to catch up on each day’s episode by calling my uncle who was also a great fan. Anyway, I have watched the show since theHorton’s first came on the scene. Along with Tom and Alice, I watched Julie as a young person and Ada, Sister Marie,Tom,Mickey, Bill etc. as they had real life (illnesses) and real love problems. Marlena,Roman, John, Steve, Kayla, Shane, Kim, etc. were young but great actors. Those were the days of glory when Victor and later Stefano were villains and the ISA was hounding down the bad guys. Oh, to have those days back with real stories and real people. Now, too much time is wasted on Sami and her ridiculous love life. Also, pairing Kristen with Brady is cougerism at its worst, not that there is any good cougerism. The faithful fans of DOOL want to get back to the intrigue and away from gay stories, the kidnappings, the paternity mistakes and most of all the retold and retold and retold stories. It’s so sad that we can actually say the lines that great actors like Bo and Hope and Marlena and John are given to say. Also, why not use the great talent of Victor, Maggie, Kate? The twenty and thirty year olds have an appealing place in the soaps, but give them good storyline like Hope, Bo, Kayla, Steve etc. had when they were in their twenties. Please bring back Drake and Peter. Give them great stories, and watch DOOL climb to the top again!

January 14, 2013 at 6:08 pm
(106) Kathleen Hanson says:

Please keep John and Marlena on. they are as much of a part of Days as Bo and Hope, We have lost Bo, so sad, we can”t loose John too Have watched for many, many years, this show is part of my “family”. Today’s show was great. Days always delivers. Please keep John and ask Peter (Bo) to return.

January 14, 2013 at 6:15 pm
(107) Kiesha says:

Message To Days Writer, Directors,Producers: We need “upgrades” tor writing skills,and well designed choices in selections of characters. When we have outstanding, talented people like John and Marlena (who have a tremendous fan base),the writers,directors, & producers should acknowledge that relevant storylines are needed to compliment their fine characteristics.Marlena and John are an awesome couple, Similar to the Tom and Alice Days, we need at least some Upstanding loving couples (Marlena/John – Maggie/Victor – Julie/Doug) that would bring some kind of reality to the show, amongst all the “whose the father”, “bed hoping”, that goes on. for example, Nicole and Brady, could have a viable true honest relationship. Give us something decent that last more than a couple of weeks.
AND most of all give these actors stability, they are deserving of so much more, Keep Drake H., he is such a fine actor, what about Peter R. bring him back. This on again, off again, is driving us crazy and thats not a good thing. Some of us have watched Days since Day 1 when it was an exciting serial. We need to “up” the ratings for Days, seems we’ve been last of all the Daytime soaps. Take a look and ask yourself, if just maybe you should be reading some of the comments made by viewers………

January 14, 2013 at 6:21 pm
(108) vickie says:

you have to keep John

January 14, 2013 at 6:25 pm
(109) Mollie jo says:

Maybe John needed some time off for some reason for himself, and nothing to do with him leaving the show..

January 14, 2013 at 6:36 pm
(110) Sue says:

Tell Drake to kiss up to Alison and he may have a good chance of staying on Days. She seems to be on everyday and every week.Why did the writers only tease us when they brought Drake andd Dedra back only to let Drake go again. Unless there is something up that we dont know about or the fact that they want to get the fans so mad and then they let us know it was all a plan between John and Marlena to trap Kristen. They really need to rename the show Days of Samis life.Ken if you ever get good writers like you had in the 70s and 80s keep them around. Maybe Days could win awards like they used to. Try to have a couple stay together for a long time instead of a few days.KEEP DRAKE AND DEDRA ON THE SHOW ALWAYS. They are the only Tom and Alice you have and they are great actors.

January 14, 2013 at 6:48 pm
(111) zms says:

Come on Days!!!! U let my favorite on the show, Peter Reckell leave and now Drake… I’m sick of the gay story lines. I am not against gays, I have friends that are gay and I think they are great people. Just seems u cater to the young fans and take away the good story lines of Bo and Hope, Marlena and John, Stefano, Maggie, Kayla. DOOL is slowly losing the fans that have supported u for all these years. Bring back BO, and keep John and Marlena. Your writers are destroying one of the best soaps that ever was.

January 14, 2013 at 7:20 pm
(112) Laura W. says:

Please keep John on and give him a good storyline. Him and Marlena need to stay together.

January 14, 2013 at 7:53 pm
(113) Mary says:

Please keep John and Marlena together they need to be a rock solid family for Will and everyone else in the family!!!! Salem needs that stability in a strong couple!!!

January 14, 2013 at 8:26 pm
(114) Wilda says:

I guess John has gone to see Bo.

January 14, 2013 at 8:45 pm
(115) Sandy says:

maybe john went for some acting lessons, he sure could use some. and that’s a fact.

January 14, 2013 at 8:50 pm
(116) blonday8 says:

BRING BACK LOUISE SOREL! LOVE VIVIAN!! SHE IS A CATALYST AND MAKES THE SHOW WORTH WATCHING…HYSTERICAL!!

January 14, 2013 at 9:16 pm
(117) Tee says:

Drake is one of the best actors on Days right now. I really don’t care for most of the storylines. So tired of Sami and who is she going to be with. She is really too old for EJ!!! And Kristen is really too old for Brady! Come on writes get your stories together. For us long timers it really HARD to watch when they rewrite the history of the show! Brady was a little kid when John and Kristen were together. Sami was in her
early teens when EJ was born! I been watching Days for almost the beginning! And it really getting tired of all the rewrites! Bringing back
characters like Nick and getting rid of a AWSOME actor like Drake is really DUMB! Please get DRAKE back with Marlena and have Brady find out what kind of BITCH Kristen is! Wake up Brady! So tired of Sami going back to EJ and Rafe. I like Rafe better than EJ! EJ is in love every other women on the show. First he wants Nicole sister than he wants Nicole now Sami! Let Sami be by herself for a while. Let her raise her kids and stay out of every man BED!

January 14, 2013 at 10:26 pm
(118) Bettina braun says:

Writers…what are you thinking? I am still excited that you brought John back…now you want to get rid of him???
I am dizzy from all the cast changes. Do you realize that people aren’t letting themselves get attached to the cast anymore because they know they won’t last!!
Lets have some stability and your ratings will go up. We need to keep the young characters, but we also need to keep the veterans.
BUT. if Hohn goes again, I go too!

January 14, 2013 at 10:27 pm
(119) Bonnie says:

please dont take john off.. I agree with you.. John and Marlena are the best couple on this show. i have watch days for over 13 years or more. I love this show,.. I am soo glad they are still going…

January 15, 2013 at 12:22 am
(120) CamilleCollins says:

Please.. What are TPTB doing are they on a quest to Ruin Days. First thing that really bothered me was the fireing of ‘Natalia Livingston’ That was so disturbing and many,many fans tried to fight that..mostly Ejami Fans.. I thought EJAYLOR was Sweet and very believable. But they totally ruin ed that by Fireing NL and replaceing her With TB ex Ava.. then they got rid of Nadia Vivian Jack Austin,Kerry..NOW John Black.. Don’t they know we invest in these actors with our time and mostly our hearts.. It goes with DON’T Fix it if it’s not BROKEN.. The only damage I see Is TPTB causing it..WAKE UP DAYS!!!!! ..CC..Boston,Ma.

January 15, 2013 at 12:33 am
(121) Camille Collins says:

What happed to my comment about TPTB destroying our Days and Yes they are Starting most recently with the fireing of ‘Natalia Livingston’ She was perfect with EJ A sweet believable Love story and it was cast aside when they replaced her withTB(Ava) EJami fans were upset I guess.. Any way why are you creating chios on our Days You brought our stars back and now you are trying to limit or let Drake/John Black go.. Please, Natty,Nadia, Vivian Jack Austin Kerry.. If its not broken don’t fix it.. Bring back our mainstays Steve will be available soon also .The only thing wrong now is that TPTB are the destruction Force behind it all ..And Please sign James Scott…

January 15, 2013 at 9:52 am
(122) sondra says:

no! no! no! it would be terrible if john left. he is a great actor and the backbone of days. first bo and now john. keep him. days just got renewed, do not push your luck writers. the writers are great and letting john go would be a huge error.
sondra

January 15, 2013 at 12:51 pm
(123) susan says:

Why is it that EVERYTIME you get new writers they completely change everything and get rid of our veterans?The new writers can change story lines, like pregnancies {I can see Gabi loosing her baby due to the stress that Sami is putting her through} But to change cast members is dumb.I have wasted my time watching Days so many years and love the actors and its a shame they are let go like its no big deal..We all love Drake and Dedra and writers dont care what the viewers say and its about time they DO care . The viewers are keeping the show on and our opinion Should make a difference.

January 15, 2013 at 1:37 pm
(124) Ellerbaker says:

I hope the comment that John might be going undercover to protect Marlena and get Kristin’s lie out in the open. After watching this program since 1965 I would hate to stop.

John Black is suppose to be a strong character right, after all he is a isa agent. He is so wishy washy now. No bring John back as the strong character he was hired to play, not the one his wife pushes around.

Real romance was promised to us when John & Marlena came back, Well how are they doing with that?

I had hope for this last set of writers, they were adding humor here and there (Carolyn saying “Remember what”)

What is a real shame is that if they are sacrifing John’s character for more drama between Will & Sonny, you have lost a 47 year Fan.

I agree with “Disappointed” bring back the intrique and get away from the gay poorly written scences. NO more retold stories with the same plot endings. Please

January 15, 2013 at 1:51 pm
(125) Bunny says:

Keep John..GET RID OF NICK & GABI!!!! They’re both so annoying and can’t act worth a crap!!!

January 15, 2013 at 2:46 pm
(126) AJ says:

The show was good with John, Marlena, Bo and Hope. It isn’t worth a crap with Chad, Nick and Gabby. And EJ and Stefano are really getting old stuff now.

January 15, 2013 at 2:53 pm
(127) EdieT says:

Please bring John back. We already lost Bo n Hope.. John would of never took up for Kristen … Come on writers… Make this right….

January 15, 2013 at 3:51 pm
(128) Dixie Lee says:

(GET RID OF KRISTEN) Y did she have 2 come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 15, 2013 at 5:28 pm
(129) Susan says:

John and Marlena are the glue to Days..I would truly hate to see less of them or not at all on this show..I have been watching Days since 1968 and with Bo gone and now John gone for awhile I am not sure I want to watch anymore..If the writers would just do right by John and Marlena it would be great..Please John, don’t leave..

January 15, 2013 at 6:18 pm
(130) judi says:

OMG Please get rid of Marlena and John. They are 2 senior citizens trying to act young. I always fast forward through all their scenes. I have watched the show since day one and I would LOVE to see them go forever. Besides his smirk and her dreamy eyes Yuck. They call that acting?

January 15, 2013 at 8:29 pm
(131) Rebecca says:

I have been watching Days for over 30 years! Please do not take John and Marlena off! John is a good man! I’m so glad Days will remain on the air! Thank you!

January 15, 2013 at 9:33 pm
(132) longtime fan says:

John cannot leave Marlena or the show. You have already ruined one great love story, Bo and Hope. John and Marlena need to become the Tom and Alice of DOOL. Why must you always tinker with the characters we love? Why is DOOL the Alison Sweeney show? I’m sick to death with her Rafe-EH storyline. Enough already.

January 15, 2013 at 9:43 pm
(133) Connie says:

Don’t take John or Marlena off the show they are great together need to see more of them . Bo is gone please don’t take John off !

January 15, 2013 at 10:08 pm
(134) Sandra Streb says:

No not again, We lost John once already and now it a possibility? I can’t believe it. It is still devastating that we have lost Bo whom I will never get over not having him around. I just read above that Days has been renewed for another year which is great but if they keep taking our favorite characters (actors) why even watch. Please think of your fans and not whatever leads you to make these mistakes. A plead for Bo to come back and John not to go and get back with the woman you have always loved. Marlene and John are Bo and Hope they are meant to be together on the show with strong leading parts. Wake up writers. I know I don’t watch it as much as I did since Bo left and John leaving doesn’t want me to change that. Sami is my reason to watch anymore especially if she gets with Rafe. I am 63 and have been watching since the beginning when it was in black and white.

January 16, 2013 at 3:07 am
(135) dee says:

please, please, please bring back bo, but only peter. and keep john. enough kids who all look somewhat alike and are unpolished actors at best. rafe is great and so good looking. puts brady, ej, lucas, etc. in the shade in both looks and acting, shouldn’t sami’s character ‘mature’ a bit after all these years?

January 16, 2013 at 10:02 am
(136) Phyllis says:

Please get rid of GABi Can’t stand her and that Anne needs to go away
Sami needs to be with E.J. and Rafe can have Nicole. Get rid of Father Eric he is maddening and don’t like his character at all

January 16, 2013 at 12:48 pm
(137) Chloecat says:

I say let him go. Before John speaks, he looks like he smells something really bad…………and then he says something stupid. Maybe it’s the writers’ fault; maybe not, but if folks think that is acting at it’s best, I wonder what rock they’ve been living under. The best actor in the room is Will. Again, I say let him go. Bring back Bo, Steve and the real Eric.

January 16, 2013 at 2:42 pm
(138) sophie inglese says:

We love Drake Hogestyn (JOHN) on days;was glad to see him back.
Please make stories with him .The young kids are boring,we love the
older actors and actoress best.We want Sammi with Rafe;EJ with
Nicole.

January 16, 2013 at 6:56 pm
(139) fanny says:

I am hoping that John’s leaving is a ruse to make Kristen believe she has the upper hand for NOW, while he is away investigating her whereabouts in the last 15 years…
Otherwise, it makes no sense. John would never leave Marlena over an argument. He has said it so many times, that she is the love of his life, his soul mate.
We’ll have to wait and see what the writers have in mind.

In response to Judi’s comment ( 130 ) we, senior citizens, have enjoyed John & Marlena’s relationship from day one ( in 1986 ) and still do. It is not a matter of age but a matter of great charisma and chemistry between these two.

January 18, 2013 at 11:42 am
(140) rdf216 says:

As in real. Life. People come in & out of our lives. A door closes. A new one opens.that’s the Days of our lives.I’m a fan from day one,each day brings. With it new adventures. Never. Know what’s. Next.Just enjoy the “take me away hour and. Stop the complaining. The show has always kept me hanging, wanting more of whatever actors are on that day. I love.them all.STOP KNIT PICKING.it’s. Not real life remember it’s a TV soap opera & a darn great one!!! Ratings mean nothing. It’s the loyal fans & that’s. ME!!!! DAYS U make me :-) ) rdf in. No.Miami Beach Fl.

January 18, 2013 at 2:50 pm
(141) Joanne says:

Goodbye John, take Marlena with you!!

January 18, 2013 at 3:51 pm
(142) Verities says:

John and Marlena are the best couple ever in soap history. Do not split them up. Nick is good with Gabi. I personally would love to see Sami back with her original love, Lucas. I feel thatLucas keeps Sami grounded and that there chemistry is awesome. I also am sick of Jennifer and Daniel. Bring Jack bak to life somehow and let Daniel be a family with Chloe and Parker the way it should be. Bring back Stefano and get him and Kate back together. Also, love Maggie and Victor. Great couple.

January 19, 2013 at 1:45 pm
(143) Janiebell says:

John stay with Marlena.

January 19, 2013 at 8:35 pm
(144) Loyal Viewer says:

I am getting whiplash watching John and Marlena. They’ve gone from happy to miserable in a blink. John is too smart to not see through Kristen’s bs. For him to attack Marlena makes zero sense. Please let them be rational. Keep John, but quit making him act like an idiot.

January 21, 2013 at 3:45 pm
(145) Shirley Colby says:

I cannot believe you are removing JOHN … please … leave him and Marlena’s character on DAYS … while you are at it bring BO back also … keep John .. how can you have him leave when he know’s how dangerous Kristen is and that leaves Marlena vulnerable … REALLY????

January 24, 2013 at 2:37 pm
(146) Peggy says:

Even though I’m mad at John for not believing in his WIFE instead of the FREAK Kristen, (who I despise) I don’t want him to leave the show. Theirs is one of the more stable marriages currently on the show and the writers need to develop their trust in each other and their commitment to their marriage. Real people don’t divorce for evey little bump in the road!

January 25, 2013 at 1:00 am
(147) shella says:

I’ve watched Days since 1967 never been a fan of John. Best actors on Days Stefano, Tony, Jack and Steve. Have no use for Daniel and Jennifer never thought I’d want Jennifer written off the show but I’m ready for her to go. Days is no longer the Days of old the storylines aren’t good. They have totally destroyed this soap show and I don’t look for it to survive much longer.

February 18, 2013 at 1:23 pm
(148) Mary says:

I’m 62 and have been watching since DAYS its first episode. I grew old watching John and Marlena. They are the stable couple right now (as well as Julie and Doug). I know its a Soap Opera but can you please keep some sanity in this show!! Does Brady really have to be that stupid? And do the mean characters always have to win?

February 18, 2013 at 3:00 pm
(149) vickey says:

i too have watched Days for years- John and Marlena charectors used to be so good- but they honestly have not had a good plot this time around. I think the show needs belle back with a sick child whick needs a grandma and grandpa for all the moral support- give the show a good family plot again- years back was grandma horton holding the family all together- so why not the Blacks this time- all based on reality a family would go through if their was a handicapp child

February 20, 2013 at 6:28 pm
(150) jak says:

It took such a long time to get John back on Days, and think there are
a lot of possibilities for story lines for him. Since most of the original
Horton family members are gone, let’s keep as many of the other
Salem family members as we can. It’s nice to be able to have them as the new “go to” for advice and memories of Salem. Also, when will Beau (Bo) be back!!! Adding a few new characters to the show is OK, but please don’t take away the “tried and true members” as they are the heart and soul of the series.

February 24, 2013 at 12:55 pm
(151) Ann says:

KEEP JHON AND MARLENA TOGETHER ALWAYS AND ALSO BRING BO BACK TO BE WITH HOPE DAYS IS NOT THE SAME WIHTOUT THEM

February 25, 2013 at 9:29 am
(152) Gina says:

In the past when the show let Drake go I stopped watching. I hope he is only for a short period. I do love having Chloe back, and I love
Anne. Jennifer needs to leave Salem if anyone leaves with
her daughter.

March 1, 2013 at 9:15 pm
(153) travelqueen says:

I love DOOL! The show is look bad, but they need to find a way to improved and try to get back in shape in a better rate. I don’t want to say anything negative but there are several cast membr need to be good/support rather than being bad/hurt each other. It’s will be nice to bring Billie, Bo, John, and most of all Shawn-Douglas as a deaf person, also Steve as Kayla hubby. I believe the show will do better if they rethink about this! Lastly all cast member don’t need compare with other soap such as Young and Restless. Do the right thing by make is a good interested part!

March 10, 2013 at 1:46 am
(154) janifan says:

please leave john alone. take will and sonny off, they make me sick. days will be the next soap to go. young people don’t watch soaps and the ones who have been watching for years are still faithful to the show and we like the veterans of the show and storylines like they used to be. by the way is bo coming back either peter reckel or another actor. bo needs to return.

March 15, 2013 at 3:17 pm
(155) Ava Heiser says:

Plezzz Keep John and Marlena Together!!! Please! Please! I have been following more these days and they portray to have such a Great Chemistry that we would be Devistaded! Don’t Let Kristen Win, Marlena! He is your man!

May 26, 2013 at 5:07 pm
(156) Rosemary says:

What are you thinking????????????????? You are nuts if up split up John and the loves of this life on the show. Really now lets get real and keep some of the seasoned actors on the show. Lets make this real life like or do you think that anyone over 30 should be put out to pasture.
These characters bring some real substance to the story. We al have parents, grandparents and have people in our lives that have as strong relationship. You gotta get them back togeather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 25, 2013 at 8:41 pm
(157) Eeie says:

Why did Days of Our Lives put men kissing each other in a sexual way on the soap. This is so nasty I liked watching this soap until they made men kissing and in bed. If the producers and writers are gay they need to go in another direction. Maybe put this soap on a gay channel. My daughters and sons like this soap now they cannot watch it. I find this so tasteless.

August 8, 2013 at 8:36 pm
(158) Jane says:

Do not take John out put marlena and John back together for us people who are in their same age group they are the back bone of this soap

August 13, 2013 at 2:27 am
(159) Marie says:

I’ve stopped watching the show. It seems to me that the people who are writing these story line have no clue about the history of Days. 1- the don’t known how to come up with a good story line. 2- there is no creativity with the story the come up with. For example, the “Kristen & Brady” story line is just sicking. If the writers have done their homework like writers do for a character, they would have found out that this story line wasn’t going to do the show any good. For devoted fans of the show, we know the story behind John, Kristen and Brady. For God sack, Brady was a baby that Kristen help care for… while she and John were together. So how can the writers come up with dump story line like that? And enough of the Sami crap! She’s an amazing actor so why not give credit for her talent. She’ now in her mid 30s I think is about time you let her grow up!! Enough of the stupid story line. Bring back John. John and Marlena are very important part of DOOL.

August 13, 2013 at 6:47 pm
(160) Jean says:

DOOL has gotten so ridiculous in its story line that it is difficult to watch. Some of the younger actors can’t even act and look like they stepped off a magazine cover. Sending your experienced actors away, or putting them on the back burner, is a big mistake for the producers to make. Are they trying to get Days cancelled? If so, they are doing a good job.

September 22, 2013 at 3:11 pm
(161) Dee says:

Love days but the reason it was on so long is loyalty to original characters. The grandparents were on until they passed in real life….now they are losing some of originals John, beau etc. they will lose bog followings. The old time audience were the most loyal. Kids don’t stay with soaps for long!

October 7, 2013 at 2:25 pm