1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Janet Di Lauro

Days' Drake Hogestyn, Deidre Hall Tweet as John and Marlena

By January 11, 2013

Deidre Hall and Drake HogestynDays of Our Lives' Drake Hogestyn and Deidre Hall have taken to Twitter to talk John and Marlena.

Over the past two weeks the twosome have interspersed tweets in character with their own personal ones, sharing fun and feisty commentary on life in Salem.

Among the highlights: After John and Brady's fistfight, Hogestyn tweeted, "Doc...he didn't like what I had to say. He's got a hard head...I think I broke my hand!"

Meanwhile, Hall weighed in with an update on John and Marlena's long lost daughter. "BTW, Belle called. They painted the boat and changed the name. Thought she said it was "That's a Fact". Cute. Actually it was "Henry's Hat!"

There's also mention of John's famous foot rubs, granddaughter Claire, and old Salem haunts Blondie's and Wings.

You can read their full exchange on either Hall or Hogestyn's Twitter pages.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images/Pascal Le Segretain

Comments

January 11, 2013 at 1:10 pm
(1) Joanne says:

Leave it to Drake and Deidre to do something like this. This is so funny and cute. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing.

January 11, 2013 at 1:33 pm
(2) Sara says:

Drake and Deidre knows what the fans wants to see! I’m so happy they started this bc this is better than to watch the actual show.

January 11, 2013 at 1:36 pm
(3) CC says:

Who knew John and Marlena had Twitter accounts lol? I’m loving Deidre and Drake for doing this. They always give their fans that extra something. Hope the tweets go on and on.

January 11, 2013 at 1:36 pm
(4) Linda says:

ROTF! gosh, I LOVE them! I also love the fact Drake and Deidre KNOW what the fans want to see and they’re NOT following TomSell’s script! What they’re doing kicks ass, I look forward to it every night! Thank you Drake and Deidre for giving us what we want to see, if only TomSell would take lessons from you two on how to engage and entertain an audience, DAYS wouldn’t be on life support.

January 11, 2013 at 1:37 pm
(5) Dee says:

I am “Twitter” friends with both of them and while this was going on it was just hilarious! They truly gave their loyal fans a treat! Both Drake and Deidre are A+ actors who bring their “A” game every time they light up the screen. Thanks for posting this article!

January 11, 2013 at 1:42 pm
(6) Janelle says:

Sara, I was just thinking exactly the same thing!

January 11, 2013 at 1:47 pm
(7) Linda says:

I love how in “their” soap opera, John has left town BUT on Basic Black business to tend to his panty hose line, ROTF, too freaken funny. I also adore the fact Jarlena are in love and unlike TomSell’s junk, FAMILY is number one to them.

January 11, 2013 at 2:09 pm
(8) Marie says:

Best thing ever! Loving the in character tweeting. Only wish this was happening on the show. Deidre and Drake know their characters so well. Love them.

January 11, 2013 at 2:10 pm
(9) Sara says:

Drake and Deidre know how to entertain fans! they should have a show of their own bc they respect the fans unlike tptp’s. I’m going to miss J&M so much. I hope it will be only for a short while. They were able to cause the BUZZ even though on the show they barely have a story. that’s how incredible they are! they know we love them and they did this for us. :)

January 11, 2013 at 2:17 pm
(10) Mary Hargett-Hiduk says:

Loving their tweets. They are giving their fans a lot of smiles and giggles. Hoping they keep this up for a long time to come. Love both of them.

January 11, 2013 at 2:26 pm
(11) mark says:

OK NOW!!!!!!!! WHAT ISGOING TO HAPPEN WITH TODAYS EPISODE NOW OF DAYS ??????? :( THE PRESIDENT JUST INTERUPPTED THE LAST 20 minutes again !!!!!!!! : ( We didn’t get to see the wedding on the east coast. Again, NBC was the only network showing this and CBS and ABC was not. : ( Will Days be delayed yet again ! I am going to start watching on soapnet if i don’t quit all together after this wedding fiasco. GEES!Help me please with this . lol.

January 11, 2013 at 2:33 pm
(12) Sara says:

Drake and Deidre were so clever to do this! bc despite the fact they barely had a story on the show,that didn’t stop them,they took J&M somewhere else where they knew that FANS would appreciate and love i more. TomSell should feel ashamed bc they keep refusing to use this talented duo. They are the only supercouple left.

January 11, 2013 at 2:38 pm
(13) BLONDIE says:

I agree with Mark everytime we are intrupted by the president about stuff that could have waited until the evening new, ABC and CBS did not intrupt there shows. Will this episode be reshown on Monday or some other time? I am sick of this crap.

January 11, 2013 at 2:44 pm
(14) Stephanie says:

Deidre and Drake are so clever and funny, they ooze chemistry. Even with written word. I wish the writers/producers would get these two a major story, so the fans can SEE and not just read why we have loved John and Marlena since 1986, when the “Pawn” arrived in Salem.

January 11, 2013 at 3:25 pm
(15) Maryann says:

I hope they are not apart for long on the show. The fans want them together. They are the best and they sure do appreciate their fans. Thank you Deidre and Drake!!!!

January 11, 2013 at 3:26 pm
(16) Anna says:

I love Drake and Deidre for all of their tweets. They’re beyond clever and adorable. And so much fun to follow. They really love their fans so much, and we love them for that.

January 11, 2013 at 3:34 pm
(17) fanny says:

Don’t you just love them! Their tweets are sweet and funny and definitely more entertaining than the show itself…That says a lot!
I just wish that TomSell would move away from the “Hernandez Family Show” and get back to the chore families of this show.

January 11, 2013 at 4:14 pm
(18) k8 says:

It great to see two such dedicated actor carrying their characters on to twitter for our enjoyment ,I can’t get enough of them . Well done Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn

January 11, 2013 at 4:45 pm
(19) Voice of Reason says:

For all of you complaining about “BREAKING NEWS” interrupting Days, you can catch the show at 8pm on Soapnet, or tomorrow NBC will show it online. I DVR on a RI channel which usually does not interrupt their shows, so hopefully mine wasn’t interrupted. If it is, that’s how I will catch up…happy watching :)

January 11, 2013 at 5:07 pm
(20) mouse says:

thanks for posting the links.

I don’t tweet, but I might sign up just to read their comments

January 11, 2013 at 5:10 pm
(21) mouse says:

I always watch on Soapnet because I don’t like the local break ins.

You can watch the show you missed at NBC web site too.
it should be up Sat.

I hope what he talked about was important.

January 11, 2013 at 5:33 pm
(22) Brandi says:

Deidre always knows what the fans want , they never disappoint, and thats a fact!

January 11, 2013 at 5:48 pm
(23) Pam says:

I have been really enjoying the tweet conversation between Drake Hogestyn, Deidre Hall & Martha Madison in character as John,Marlena & Belle. LOL! To me, it’s better than DAYS right now! TPTB should let D&D write their own scripts or get rid of the current head writers & get some writers who know how to write for leading actors. Long time fans know that John would NEVER leave Doc over an argument! That also proves to me the head writers haven’t done their homework in researching DAYS history!! D&D you have my vote to keep the conversation going on Twitter. They know their fan base. That a FACT!

January 11, 2013 at 6:06 pm
(24) mark says:

@ comment number 21 ! If i was really important you would think CBS and ABC would break in as well but they did not again ! That is what was killing me. We have FOXnews channel and CNN if we would have wanted to watch the president. whew. Half the time it was on i really didn’t understand what the president and that other person he was with was talking about. I couldn’t wait for it to be over. I changed the channel and watched The Peoples Court !

January 11, 2013 at 7:18 pm
(25) KB says:

LOVE the tweets between Deidre and Drake!! Heck of alot more entertaining than the show is right now!!

January 12, 2013 at 7:26 am
(26) cathy says:

Love the tweets! The DHs know how to give their fans what they want! As for the NBC news break ins…that is a constant on the National Barack Channel!!!

January 12, 2013 at 5:36 pm
(27) mouse says:

LOL Cathy on the new meaning of NBC.

I don’t watch Days via my local channel. I don’t watch
the news. I have no idea what he talked about.

I guess NBC thought it was important. NBC also thinks having
sports on instead of Days is moret important too :(

January 14, 2013 at 4:20 pm
(28) CathyK4 says:

I miss out as I do not know how to tweet please stay on FB also

January 17, 2013 at 9:28 am
(29) Lou says:

you can watch days on hulu.com. but the only thing you can’t watch todays show until tomorrow. you get 3 commercials at a time 90 seconds at a time. I am not signed up for hulu either.

January 18, 2013 at 12:35 pm
(30) Elaine says:

I hope they bring Drake and Deidre back together. I stopped watching when they were let go before…and may again. The story is out of character. The writiers need to know characters better…John and Marlena are a fave of many!!!!!!!!

January 19, 2013 at 1:42 pm
(31) Jan says:

John and Marlena WILL get back together because this is all a ploy on John’s part. He’s going to try and get Kristen back – which Kristen wants – and then Brady will see what Kristen is truly like. Then John will get back to Marlena!

January 21, 2013 at 4:51 pm
(32) renpet7 says:

Please bring John back to Salem…..

January 22, 2013 at 9:34 pm
(33) Connie says:

John & Marlena belong together bring John back & give them more air time !

January 24, 2013 at 2:47 pm
(34) Gaga says:

The writers or “powers that be” have already RUINED the Bo/Hope relationship because they keep bringing in all these despicable characters (Kristen, Chad, Chloe) that they get a for a lot less money. Now they’re trying to ruin the John/Marlena relationship also. Most people who put the amount of time and effort into their jobs that Peter Reckell and Drake Hogestyn have would be rewarded with bonuses, better pay, etc. Bit DOL would rather blow them away and bring in younger people with MASSIVE character flaws. Sami was becoming a favorite of mine for a time – even though I didn’t want her with EJ because she’s a better person when she’s with Rafe. Now she just flits to whichever man is closest at the moment. She was TOTALLY WRONG in her attack on Gabi! I’m VERY near giving up on the show.

January 25, 2013 at 4:58 pm
(35) Lorri says:

Did the writers give John a lobotomy when he was in Europe that he believes Kristen and not Marlena? I’ve been a giant fan of John and Marlena since they first stepped into Salem. Very disappointed in latest John and Marlena events. Still a great fan of Deidre and Blake. They are fantastic.

January 26, 2013 at 12:21 am
(36) J says:

I love all their tweets. They are filled with so many innuendos. I hope they never stop. Gosh the DH’s are perfect together. Wish they were a real couple.

January 26, 2013 at 12:44 am
(37) Kelly R. says:

I have been watching Days since the early 70′s and have been a fan of Deidre since she joined the show in 76. When they brought Drake on, it was all over for me. They are THE SUPERCOUPLE of the show!!! The writers need to quit messing with their characters history. That’s why I love their tweets. They haven’t forgotten their history or what their fans want. Keep up the tweets Dee and Drake. We all love you:)