1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Comings and Goings

By February 5, 2013

chandler masseyHere's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of  Our Lives.

A newly created flashback scene shows Will Horton in key scenes from yesteryear, this week. Playing the role is Christian Massey, the real life brother of actor Chandler Massey (Will). Look for the younger Massey to air on February 8.

Susan Seaforth Hayes returns as Julie on February 6. She'll interact with Camila Banus (Gabi), when Julie reveals shocking information about Nick's time in prison.

Lou Ferrigno, Jr., the son of The Incredible Hulk star Lou Ferrigno, appears on February 8. He plays a drunk at a bar in scenes with Eileen Davidson (Kristen).

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Michael Desmond

Comments

February 5, 2013 at 11:46 am
(1) BLONDIE says:

Glad to see Julie back she can give Gabi the low down on Nick. Hopefully the drunk will let out some secrets that Brady might overhear.

February 5, 2013 at 12:27 pm
(2) Michelle says:

Sounds exciting.

February 5, 2013 at 1:09 pm
(3) Dawn says:

Bring back Stephen Nichols as Steve Patch Johnson. We Steve and Kayla fans want him back.

February 5, 2013 at 1:26 pm
(4) Linda says:

Would u PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE get rid of Ejami they SUCK together

February 5, 2013 at 1:41 pm
(5) gmann says:

EJ & Sami are Awesome together!!!!

EJ & Sami together forever!!!

February 5, 2013 at 2:44 pm
(6) Daysfan says:

Ejami SUCKS. Rape and shooting in the head is not love. Let’s end this awful couple once and for all.

February 5, 2013 at 3:14 pm
(7) hawk says:

LOVE EJami. They are the most exciting couple to watch on Days. #EJami trended 4 times on Monday. They are romantic, hot and passionate, funny and amazing together. Give Me EJami with all their history any day over any other…

February 5, 2013 at 3:38 pm
(8) Dmitri says:

There’s nothing hot about EJami. EJ raped her, she shot him in the head, etc. Plus, they have no chemistry. Just loud breathing. And they bore me to DEATH! Where’s EJ the villain, the one we all love? He’s been castrated! And for what? The trampiest slut in Salem? What a waste!

February 5, 2013 at 4:20 pm
(9) DD says:

EJ and Sami are finally where they need to be in their lives, putting the past behind them and moving forward together.

They’ve both made horrendous mistakes, but the power of forgiveness is amazing. There are those who will continue to throw their past in their faces (glass houses), but they are trying to be better people for their children and for each other and despite the naysayers, they are going to work hard at building a strong family for Johnny, Sydney, Allie (along with Lucas) and will be a serious support system for Will.

That’s why they are a Forbidden Love…the Dimera/Brady family feud will always be there, but EJ and Sami will rise above it. Nothing wrong with a bit of angst, though, right? Keeps the story line on and poppin’!

February 5, 2013 at 9:20 pm
(10) EA says:

It’s the “soap world” of course but I always think it’s hilarious, EJ’s taste in women, haha. I mean he’s from this Dimera empire and loves these common women. I wish soaps would let some people just have a strong solo character and not need a relationship. They’ve honestly turned Sami into a strong woman but still with her drama. I say just let her run solo for sometime. I want Daniel and Jen to be the new super couple so badly!!

February 5, 2013 at 11:13 pm
(11) Paula says:

EA I agree with you about Daniel and Jen. I so want them to be the new super couple!! They are so lovable, funny and sizzling together!

February 6, 2013 at 12:54 am
(12) Dmitri says:

I cannot support a romance where a character is paired with the person who raped her. That is EJami.

February 6, 2013 at 11:43 am
(13) BLONDIE says:

I can’t believe that this news is several days old and no one has commented in it. THE BRAINS AT ABC who cancelled All My Children and On Life To Live supposidly because of low ratings and replace it with 2 shows they said people wanted to watch 1.Revolution 2. The Rickki Lake Show have been proven wrong. The Revolution was cancelled before it was even on 6 months and replaced by General Hospital. The Rickki Lake Show was cancelled early Tuesday morning proving that they didn’t know what soap fans really want to watch. I also don’t believe rating had anything to do with them cancelling the 2 soaps. Soap fans unite we do have power.

February 6, 2013 at 3:22 pm
(14) lynnet says:

Just had to comment on the people continuously obssessing over the “rape” issue as a reason for EJami not to be together. Like any other sane person I take rape very seriously and soap operas not so much . It has always been my understanding of the genre that is the American soap opera that it is not meant to be taken seriously and due to the fact that they tend to want to keep their good actors for over long periods of time characters end up not being punished for horrendous over the top evil acts that would land real people in jail. For the sake of the continuity of the story and entertainment ,one’s evil acts are quickly forgotten and people tend to move on at the speed of light! There are very few times when an American soap will delve into a serious issue realistically and when they do the writers intention (whether it is to inform or to stop discrimination) comes through very clearly. However when a supposedly serious issue is not dealt with this way then I and many other audience members will assume that it is not the writer’s intent for it to be taken too seriously and is just a plot device(though a terrible one). I watch quite a number of soaps ;some South African and some British ;in a South African soap when a person is raped the rapist either meets with a nasty death or a prison sentence,the victim will ultimately either contract an STI,have problems with sex for the next two years or have a nervous breakdown;the viewer is continuously reminded of the psychological scars of that rape .

February 6, 2013 at 3:37 pm
(15) Linda says:

For all those concerned about the “sanity” of Ejami fans believe me its not that we don’t take rape seriously ,of course we do,but trust me if I even for a second believed that the writers intent with that EJami scene was to deal with a serious issue ,I would definitely care more,its a soap characters are continuously reinvented to suit the events of the day ! It has no relation to real life whatsoever and that is why it is escapism. Sometimes the outrage by the anti-Ejami crowd baffles me ,this is nothing new, not in a soap (General Hospital and many others) or millions of romantic novels ?!

February 6, 2013 at 3:56 pm
(16) Chelsea says:

Ha! This article doesn’t mention EJami yet most of the comments are about EJ and Sami. Haha! Too funny.

Anyways, I’m interested to see if CM’s brother can act too!

February 6, 2013 at 4:34 pm
(17) Dmitri says:

Yes, but on GH, Laura and Luke aren’t together anymore, and I wasn’t a fan of them! And yes, I do wish DAYS took the rape more seriously. They did when Jack raped Kayla, Sami raped Austin, Alan raped Sami, but when imposter Rafe and EJ raped Sami it was whitewashed, which isn’t acceptable, especially when trying to put Sami with her rapist! It’s fine if you find the actors hot or if they have chemistry, but there are just some situations that shouldn’t come to fruitition, such as EJami being put together after the rape! It’s sick! If Sami and Austin didn’t end up together, or Jack and Kayla, or Alan and Sami, then why have EJami together? It’s sick and disgusting, and beyond hypocritical! True romance was Lumi! THAT is the grey couple, because they did shady stuff, but have become more responsible and have a family together. With EJami, even James and Ali have admitted that Sami and EJ act out of character when with each other. Sami is dmbed down severely, and EJ becomes her lapdog. He isn’t a villain anymore at all! It mystifies me when EJami fans claim that Rafe is boring and makes Sami boring, and that they want grey couple EJami, but THEN they love how EJ is all of a sudden a goody-two shoes, and him and Sami are no longer a grey couple! It’s as hypocritical as Sami!

February 6, 2013 at 4:57 pm
(18) lynnet says:

Actually don’t think EJami are dumbed down by being together because they are both such scheming characters, if written properly Sami could finally go back to her old self whom I loved and stop trying to change so much and then EJ who makes a wonderfully layered villain/antihero can scheme to his heart’s content with his lady love( I do love EJ as a villian but also as a father and romantic partner for Sami,he can do both-its the contradiction of his character thats truly amazing). Luke and Laura might not be together anymore but they had a wonderfully long love story bfeore they broke up and its ok for soap couples to either settle down or break up when they are old because no one really cares anymore but if you do remember Luke and Laura were one of the original supercouples so though you may not have cared for them many others did. My point with my original post was that if one wants to watch serious issues dealt with in a serious way why would one be watching an American soap?! There are so many other shows that deal with rape,teen pregnancy and crime in a realistic way that sends a message -if the soapy way is so offensive why watch?

February 6, 2013 at 6:18 pm
(19) ANNA MARIE says:

WHY EJ WITH SAMI., SAMI IS CRAZY. I AM SO GLAD CAMERON WITH ABBY.

February 6, 2013 at 7:05 pm
(20) AngelOB says:

Umm….I’m going to actually comment on what was posted in the article and say that I’m very interested in seeing Chandler’s younger brother onscreen. The resemblance between them must be striking if he can pull of being a younger Will.

February 6, 2013 at 7:53 pm
(21) sandee says:

every time E.J. and Sami are on, I bless my fast-forward button!

February 6, 2013 at 8:39 pm
(22) Jes says:

There sure are a lot of creepy comments on this article. If you don’t like it, don’t watch. EJ and Sami are awesome and so is this storyline. Chill out. This is going to be so fun! The Massey bros look so alike!

February 6, 2013 at 9:01 pm
(23) Annie says:

This article is about Chandler’s younger brother coming on the show not about Ejami. Glad they put them together, they are great. Of course some of you sour grapers cant separate real life and a soap, you need to stop crying in your beer, what big babies, wa wa, wa stamp your footsies, hold your breath turn blue nobody gives a rats ass, life even on a soap is all about love, forgiveess. She forgave Lucas for lying and sending her to her death, you need to change your war cry just cause someone pissed on your parade, if it offends you shut the damned TV off. Geez people get a life, read a book or clean your houses.

February 6, 2013 at 9:24 pm
(24) Dmitri says:

That’s very rich coming from you EJami fans, who acted the same way, or worse, when EJami weren’t together! Enjoy it while it lasts because EJami are only short term. Safe is reuniting this spring.

February 7, 2013 at 12:53 am
(25) Annie says:

Who knows who Sami will be with come spring, maybe even Lucas. Hopefully we will have Ejami for a long while. Every fan base has had their favorites be in the limelight now its Ejamis turn. If it bothers anyone and causes stress then simply dont watch, there are other programs and if all else fails, call Dr. phil.

February 7, 2013 at 12:58 am
(26) Lois says:

Looking forward to Will’s flashback and seeing Chandler’s younger brother, Christian. Hopefully, this small role will open doors for the young man.

And “haters”, get a life and don’t ruin this moment for the kid.

February 7, 2013 at 11:38 am
(27) Bobbi says:

Why not EJami. Since precious beloved Jennifer is a spawn of a union between the rapist Bill and his victim Laura.

February 7, 2013 at 1:16 pm
(28) Dmitri says:

Actually, the spoilers hint at a SAFE reunion for the spring. And yes, I’m happy for Chandler’s little brother, hope he does well!

February 7, 2013 at 9:06 pm
(29) arc says:

I love EJAMI and if ever there was a couple who has chemistry it’s them. Dan and Jen are boring. I hope SAFE never reconciles they are boring and I can not stand Rafe at all him or his sister.

February 8, 2013 at 2:01 am
(30) Dmitri says:

Sami and Lucas are a better couple. EJami had potential, but there’s too much baggage and right now they’re very boring. EJ is not the villain anymore, he’s just dumb Sami’s lapdog. Lumi are the gray supercouple from Days!

February 8, 2013 at 8:53 pm
(31) Lyn says:

Okay, can you please tell me that Nick will be leaving the show soon. I am so tired of him and ready for Will to be the only one in the picture with Gabby and the baby.

February 9, 2013 at 1:39 am
(32) jim burton says:

we have watched dool for years there was never a seen in which will shot ej, sami did it what is all this crap i have never missed an episode.

February 14, 2013 at 2:53 pm
(33) MaryL says:

I would really like to see Raff with some beautiful, loving new lady that he can be with as a super couple, Also I would like to see the same for Roman, he should have a partner too, someone new and great for him.

March 23, 2013 at 11:06 am
(34) Frankie says:

Why is Brady so dumb. He is turning his back on John and Marlena.He needs to get a life and go back to Nichol and Father Eric is stupid also.He needs to what is his problem.

August 26, 2013 at 3:04 pm
(35) judy says:

You have to be kidding . getting rid of Christian Massey (Will) He is one of the best things on Days!!!!!!!

September 27, 2013 at 7:41 pm
(36) Jan says:

I am SICK SICK SICK of the JJ story line. Get rid of him and keep Will!!

November 4, 2013 at 8:48 am
(37) J. says:

I personally want “SAFE” all the kids love Rafe…. Sami’s a much better person when she’s w/Rafe! I love the Will they already have but, let’s just wait and see how the little Massey does! As for Daniel and Nicole being in love Jen and Father Eric–I really don’t know how this whole thing w/JJ, Jen and Daniel is going to work out? Will Dan end up having to tell Jen the truth? The fans of Jen and Dan will be happy if he’s honest about JJ– I guess, at least one couple can be happy! As for Nikki and Father Eric, I really hope that Brady finds out who Kristen is before he marry’s her… Then, Father Eric will have to apologize to Nicole–how she could ever think, that she would do something like that to him? It’s beyond me???? Poor Gabi, when the hot doctor leaves she’ll have nobody… Except for Sonny, I wonder how things will work out there???

January 14, 2014 at 11:07 am
(38) Larry M. says:

Where is Chandler Massey now? Why the switch? His brother just doesn’t even compare to the old Will Horton. Bring back Chandler, or I’m done with Days. The story line is so lame anyway, nobody does anything that makes sense.

January 20, 2014 at 3:06 pm
(39) Roberta Tegano says:

Why not have Chandler’s brother replace him, this new one just does not cut it.