1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives' JJ Deveraux: Just the Facts

By July 3, 2013

casey mossMove over Nick Fallon. There's a new loathed bad boy in town: Days of Our Lives' JJ Deveraux. The kid's been wreaking havoc in Salem and turning his mom Jennifer's love life upside-down since he stepped foot in Salem.

Who does he take after? And does he have any saving graces?

Check out this quick profile on the character. You can read it, here.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Justin Lubin

Comments

July 3, 2013 at 11:01 am
(1) BLONDIE says:

JJ is not the new badboy in town,,Nick still hold that title Nick was just caught and is laying low to keep from going back to prison, He violated so many thing on this rules he is lucky he isn’t going back to prison. He is leaving Gabi because he doesn’t need her anymore.JJ on the other hand is just a wasted character that isn’t needed, poor little rich kid sent away to boarding school and turned into a major drug dealer give me a break. He isn’t even a petty drug dealer he is just a spolied brat jealous that he couldn’t come back and walk all over his mother.

July 3, 2013 at 12:43 pm
(2) Doc56911 says:

JJ is a sociopath . Jen his mother has to be one of the dumbest most
annoying characters ever written for a soap.

July 3, 2013 at 3:17 pm
(3) Ds1126 says:

@doc56911 do you even know the definition of sociopath. I think JJ is a good character that actually adds something exciting too the most boring couple in soap history.

July 3, 2013 at 5:13 pm
(4) Days Fan In Queens,NY says:

I know its only a show but there are some teenagers out there who are just like JJ and if they keep going down that path theyll be in for a life of crime and in and out of prison never be able to gain employment and God forbid end up dead at an early age. Hopefully the writers will eventually have JJ see the light and turn his life around.

July 3, 2013 at 5:34 pm
(5) lc says:

Jennifer has made a bad mistake breaking up with Daniel

July 3, 2013 at 7:34 pm
(6) mark says:

I swear Days is really getting to me right now. There is just too many people on the show now to keep up with. i though I would give J J a chance but the character has blown it for me already. I am not liking J J and his friends at all. They are getting boring already.

I was looking at the pedia thing the other day for Days Of Our Lives and all together the cast list has about 50 characters all together. There are about half of them regular cast members and the other half are recurring. whew. Half of the recurring they don’t show on Days anymore or have forgotten about them. I saw the new girl today and though she kind of looked lame and silly like J J and his friends. : ( I may take a 4th of July break from Days over the long weekend this weekend anyway.

This show is just draining me right now. It seems like the only married people on the show right not are Justin and Adrianne and Maggie and Victor.

July 4, 2013 at 8:14 am
(7) fcenno says:

Is it just me that thinks JJ is the son of Jennifer and Frankie, Billy Warlock.
Not Jack. The resemblance is uncanny.

July 4, 2013 at 8:18 am
(8) fcenno says:

Is it just me that thinks JJ is the son of Jennifer and Frankie, Billy Warlock. Not Jack. The resemblance is uncanny.

July 4, 2013 at 1:44 pm
(9) eunice says:

If I here “JJ” “JJ” “JJ” “JJ” ONE MORE TIME, i am going to scream! Give him a damn grown up name and stop the babying. Can’t stand him or the his story line, too trite and see through and Jenn is an idiot.

time for a lie detector test and a “shrink”. Catch his punk ass already! Aren’t there pieces of glass from Daniel’s windshield in jenn’s living room. jj brushed them off his clothes . we saw that. doesn’t ANYBODY walk barefoot in that house! hope jenn steps on it and cuts her foot and she can stop being bleeding heart mom.

July 4, 2013 at 2:40 pm
(10) EJK says:

TO # 4 DAYS FAN IN QUEENS N.Y.
I think you have a good heart and show unusual empathy for JJ and Jennifer which is admirable and perhaps shares your personal experience. But, lets understand the writers must get our emotions worked up for good drama which they do very often and effectively.
I think that JJ as acted here is a real prick and his mother exhibits all the signs of gross stupidity; the actors therefore are doing their job.Like you I’m curious to see how it plays out in the show. Lets remember this is a “drama”. Your comment was good and not filled with hate or prejudice which seems to be prevailing wind on this blog. Thanks.

July 4, 2013 at 8:39 pm
(11) Sierraflowr says:

how is Jenn ‘rich’? I sure am confused how she paid for JJ to go to private school after Jack died. And what mom doesn’t bring her son home after their dad dies? No wonder he can’t get over it. But, disrespecting his mom is BS.
If JJ is SO untrustworthy, why isn’t Jen dropping him off at school and picking him up? getting off (DOES she ever work?) work and staying home so he CANT go anywhere because she’s not there? Then not even DOING anything once she finds a strange girl in the house? come ON!
I realize its hard raising kids, but letting them push your buttons is not good. Jen feels guilty about JJ and needs to get over it! They both need to see a counselor and find out how to deal with this.

July 5, 2013 at 6:15 pm
(12) mareebee says:

Who does JJ take after as a pathological liar? Are we forgetting that Jack lied to Jennifer many times as to his whereabouts? Not to mention that Jack had assaulted Kayla a while back.

These characters are at the mercy of the writers. Why didn’t Jennifer bring her son home after Jack’s “death?” Ask the writers. Does Jennifer ever work? Ask the writers. I would love to ask the writers a thousand questions myself. Jennifer’s character has always been written as someone who puts other people’s needs first before her own. Like how many times has she broken up with Daniel because of the people she cared about? Carly, Jack, her kids, Daniel himself (from Chloe’s threat) . I mean, seriously. Give this woman a break. She obviously has too big of heart for her own good.

July 6, 2013 at 1:41 am
(13) Laurence H says:

it’s not the characters that get our emotions riled up..it’s the god awful way they are written.

July 7, 2013 at 4:10 pm
(14) Babe54 says:

I haven’t watch Days for such a long time, it has gotten to the point – where I feel the producers, directors and especially the writers need to take a break – regroup and come back with a new storylines for these actors!

July 8, 2013 at 8:05 pm
(15) Sue says:

Theresa undercover cop.
JJ easy mark?
Watch out Salem PD.

July 8, 2013 at 9:13 pm
(16) Patricia Hofer says:

Get rid the the JJ story line it’s stupid. The guy playing him isn’t even a good actor. Days is getting so bad at the story lines they are doing.

July 8, 2013 at 9:31 pm
(17) Anne says:

I hadn’t thought of the storyline Sue is suggesting-that Theresa is an undercover cop, but if that is true, it is the only thing saving this boring storyline between Jen/Dan and JJ. I think the viewers went through enough with Nicole a year ago and then Chloe coming back into town to cut the writers much slack. Now, I don’t even CARE whether Dan and Jen ever get together. They can’t get their act together so they obviously don’t belong together. The earnest “break for commercial” gazes are not cutting it and if I recall, Parker’s nanny is kinda cute!!

July 9, 2013 at 7:09 am
(18) Days viewer 30+ years says:

Good ideas, Sue about JJ. I like your thoughts better than mine.

I first thought that she might be dear old Ann’s niece. What better way to spy and torment Jenn than hire your niece as here assistant?

I also know its like beating a dead horse, but come on DOOL–show me a hospital where anyone can just walk into an office and browse around (or a police department). I live in a 2 hospital area and even there you cannot just stroll into an office, lab or break area on a whim. LOL

July 9, 2013 at 8:40 am
(19) PK says:

Seriously…..every time I even see JJ and his whining mother Jen…I cringe….she is such a Mommy Dearest and is so clueless and JJ is already annoying to me. I don’t know if it’s just the actor or the character or both. And Daniel needs to dump Jen. He can do so much better. Maybe Chloe can ‘reform’ and come back a sweetie….or bring in a new decent character…and not so goodyBORINGtwoshoes like Jen….when she comes on I doze off!! I have watched DAYS since I was a kid and frankly they need some new life to it. I realize it just won an Emmy..which is great but they need something to EXCITE fans…..how about Eric and Nicole affair??? NOW THAT would be worth waiting for!! And they could fall in love and have a family!!

July 9, 2013 at 3:26 pm
(20) Joanne says:

I couldn’t of said it better myself comment #(19) you wrote exactly what I was thinking, get real writers listen to your viewers!!

July 9, 2013 at 4:38 pm
(21) Alice Kelly says:

Nick’s story line was one of your best, he is a better actor than your
new JJ. I do not like the story line you do not give Jennifer and Daniel
a break. I even hate the new Brady to many brates in Days enough.I
keep telling you to get better writers. Lukas is another actor that you
keep screwing with. He is a great actor and you need to give him a
story line. Bring back Bo Days is not Days with out Bo Brady. They
could have great story lines if only your writers knew how to write.
Love EJ getting over on Stephano. Still love Rafe with Sammy and only
Sammy .Ej is reckless.

July 9, 2013 at 5:04 pm
(22) linda cribb says:

get rid jj and give jenn some sense .

July 15, 2013 at 9:17 pm
(23) tropicgal55 says:

I also think Jenn and Daniel need a break. JJ better get a good story as new bad guy or he will bore us senseless shortly. Teresa story line as a undercover cop would be great. Please keep Victor and Maggie together as the new matriarchs. Love those 2 characters and DOOL needs some stability. Would LOVE to see a war between EJ and Stefano and which people will take sides. Adrienne used to be sweet and easy going…what are you doing to her? Father Eric….enough already…someone get Kristen before she devastates the poor guy. Maybe Nicole and Brady could do her in! Why is Chad leaving? With all the DiMera drama going on, why would he be leaving?

July 17, 2013 at 2:56 pm
(24) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

Well, it’s like this….this is a soap opera…the worst that can be done by anyone to hurt anyone else is generally what happens. The characters Jennifer & Daniel use to be the “norm”, in this day and age, Jennifer is learning how to be a mature grown woman who has suffered the loss of her husband. That in itself is a load to carry with trying to get your life moving forward. JJ is acting out because he was never exposed to a real man for an example to live by and had no one breathing down his neck where he was….that’s why he came home….no one else can get him to straighten up so as in real life,…it’s the MAMA who ends up having to deal with it. Classic example of how hard it IS to raise a teenage boy. Daniel was the gentleman who let Jennifer shut him out when she wanted to be with Jack…he’s paying for that again. If Jennifer can’t put him first, she can’t have him. Jennifer HAS to go through this to strengthen her character, be a grown woman and LOVE HERSELF before she and Daniel could make it together.

July 17, 2013 at 2:56 pm
(25) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

July 17, 2013 at 3:09 pm
(26) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

JJ will, in time, pay for what he’s doing. Abigail also is just a spoiled rich kid raised without values and should leave with Chad. She does not deserve Cameron. Why can’t we have a nice African-American young woman for him? I miss Lexie and it’s a shame how the old Mayor is just shuffled to cover some other job without a real love interest. Makes me sad. ENOUGH of SONNY & WILL. ENOUGH OF BEDROOM SCENES. ENOUGH OF KRISTENS’ FAILED RELATIONSHIP WITH JOHN OR BRADY. ENOUGH CHARACTER ASSASSINATION. For crying out loud, LET some ADULTS still be on DAYS OF OUR LIVES. WE AREN’T DEAD YET!!!!! Give them SOME storyline that resembles real life and not the younger generation which just seems to go all over the board and there is NO REAL STORYLINE to their lives. This means there won’t BE A FUTURE FOR DAYS OF OUR LIVES if it continues. It’ll be DAYS OF OUR STUPID CHILDRENS’ CHILDREN. I think the adults are being made into walking Zombies. The writers have NO maturity AT ALL when writing for them. I feel sorry for the cast.

July 17, 2013 at 3:19 pm
(27) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

Bet you didn’t know who JJ takes after? Jack’s adopted pop Harper, a killer and a kidnapper, and abusive biological dad Duke. Even us “old-timers” know that is too far in the archives for the current viewers to relate. So-o “Jack Junior” DOES resemble the unstable man that Jack was which is why he wasn’t a good husband or father to these two, Abigail and Jack Jr. He was too busy running all over the globe for a story. The sad story of a real Journalists’ life…something we, the public, could care less the “who, what, where and why” because this is the results of someone who doesn’t have a 9-5 job in the town/city they live in and PAY ATTENTION to their families! Jennifer has NOT known the real security of a true husband so she can’t appreciate Daniel yet either!

August 6, 2013 at 4:58 pm
(28) sharon says:

I am sick of jj send him back to school

August 7, 2013 at 2:50 pm
(29) bobbie says:

End the JJ story line already. Do the writers even have half a clue how stupid it is? Nobody can possibly be as stupid and gullible ad Jennifer, not even when it comes to their own children.

September 25, 2013 at 2:13 pm
(30) Mary says:

Fictional character aside…Casey Moss…this young man is one heck of an actor. Every time I see him I just want to smack him. Good job, Casey. Your JJ characterization has actually made Jennifer’s character develop a back bone. Keep up the good work!!!!