1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days' Alison Sweeney, Greg Vaughan Co-star in TV Movie

By July 26, 2013

sweeney and vaughanAlison Sweeney and Greg Vaughan, who play twins Sami and Eric Brady on Days of Our Lives, check their sibling rivalry at the door to portray lovers in the Hallmark Channel movie Second Chances.

"It's a nice little romantic comedy," says Vaughan. "She's a 911 operator. I'm a fireman. We communicate a lot. It's a fun ride."

Sweeney plays Jenny McLean, a single mom working at a 911 call center and struggling to make ends meet. Although still reeling from her divorce, she can't help but flirt when she gets emergency calls from firefighter Jeff Sinclair (Vaughan).

When Jenny learns Jeff has been hurt in a fire, she's determined to meet him face-to-face. She ends up renting her guest room to Jeff for extra income, while he recuperates from a broken leg. Of course, sparks fly, but Jenny worries about Jeff's dangerous job and has to decide if she's willing to take a risk to let love in again.

The movie airs Saturday, July 27 on the Hallmark Channel. Check local listings for times.

Photo Courtesy: Hallmark Channel

Comments

July 26, 2013 at 9:12 am
(1) Voice of Reason says:

I dont know if I could watch this after seeing them as brother and sister after the past few months…

July 26, 2013 at 1:23 pm
(2) Lisa says:

There is NO WAY I am watching this show. Alison Sweeney is not a favorite of mine, but a role with the guy who plays her brother grosses me out. Mixing realities. I guess so. The Eric story with Kristen is revolting enough and add this. Blah.

July 26, 2013 at 1:52 pm
(3) Janie says:

People can you not separate real life from television from real life? They are both great actors and it is only a TV movie and there is not a thing wrong with them playing the roles that they are in this movie. Get a life and enjoy the movie.

July 26, 2013 at 1:56 pm
(4) Carol says:

Well, my kids love Alison Sweeney when she’s on The Biggest Loser and are looking forward to seeing this TV movie. They love Days of our Lives and will watch anything on TV with any of the Days actors. They are 14 and 15 years old and understand that it is a SHOW with ACTORS and that the actors sometimes do other acting. My kids seem to have a better grasp of reality than some adults!

July 26, 2013 at 2:04 pm
(5) carla says:

cool it’s on my birthday can’t wait to see it

July 26, 2013 at 3:05 pm
(6) Tangi Harwood says:

ok…..

I love DAYS

I LIKE Greg V and Ali S

But with all due respect…there are MUCH better actors to draw from if they were going to use actors from this show…..

Casey Moss
Wally Kurth
Judi Evans
Shawn Christian
Peggy McCay ( I dont age discriminate :)
Ari Zuker
Freddy Smith
Chandler Massey

but best of luck to Ali and Greg V

July 26, 2013 at 4:06 pm
(7) mouse says:

I no longer have Hallmark channel since cable raised prices.

I don’t think I could watch movie either since they are brother/sister on show.

July 26, 2013 at 5:13 pm
(8) RaeAnn says:

I agree Jeanie. Its only a movie. Some people are just plain shallow minded. And I bet they have a hard time in real life issues as well. I think the movie will be great! Yes , they are both GREAT actors. I am happy for them and I look forward to watching it.

July 26, 2013 at 5:17 pm
(9) EA says:

This was already on about 2 months ago or a bit older. Anyone that has satellite might remember it was on PIXL but not everyone gets that.

July 26, 2013 at 8:59 pm
(10) KB says:

I am with you. Not sure I will be able to watch “DAYS” and these two without laughing. I still want to watch. I am already laughing !

July 27, 2013 at 3:49 pm
(11) Dorothy says:

I never considered myself shallow minded, but must admit it having them on a show as brother and sister did give me a yucky feeling, but I love both of them and will watch the movie. Maybe its just called type casting and it carried over to those of us that made it feel alittle weird. Kind of like Kristen being in a movie as a nun…..although you never know, might be her next role on Days! :)

July 27, 2013 at 5:19 pm
(12) Mary says:

I cannot believe they (Sami and Eric) would play these new parts in a Hallmark Movie/. I will not watch this show and may have to stop watching days after this show. Disgusting

July 27, 2013 at 6:43 pm
(13) cathym says:

I remember reading from this website, about, that the movie was made months maybe even a year before we heard rumors that Eric would come back. If I remember correctly, Alison (Sammi) suggested to this Eric when they were filming to play or audition for Eric, I will have to go to the archives for details, but I remember that the movie was filmed a lot earlier than Eric coming on Days.

July 27, 2013 at 10:41 pm
(14) Angela says:

I love Allison Sweeny, and I love Days of our Lives. I am looking forward to watching this movie. I love quirky Romantic Comedies.

July 27, 2013 at 10:44 pm
(15) Angela says:

I love Allison Sweeny, and I love Days of our Lives. I will definitely watch this movie, because I love quirky Romantic Comedies. People need to step back and realize this is just acting, and need to learn to separate the two.

July 28, 2013 at 3:31 pm
(16) Stevens says:

Alison Sweeney should not give up her day job. Movie rating F.

July 28, 2013 at 8:48 pm
(17) Rhonda says:

I thought it was a great show.. They are both amazing actors and it made me realize that they were playing such different characters and and it was such a heartwarming movie. i thought it was awesome~~ Enjoyed it.. it was a family show for sure!!!

July 28, 2013 at 9:17 pm
(18) Patsy says:

I am watching the movie right now. Good movie!! Not at all “strange” seeing them in this movie. They are both great actors.

July 29, 2013 at 7:49 am
(19) laadyb says:

I also watched the movie and enjoyed it for what it was – a typical formulaic Hallmark movie. Greg was hardly recognizable as Father Eric so the ick factor really wasn’t there. It was nice to see Alison play someone without an agenda or without a lot of drama.

July 29, 2013 at 2:41 pm
(20) joyce says:

I have been watching days since day one and my whole family just loved the movie second chances.it was so good we are having a lady nite out at our church as soon as I can buy the movie.we also love Christian who plays dan in a hallmark movie and also on csi.love to see the actors we love to see lpaying other part.days actors are great as for as I am concern.keep up the good work.

July 29, 2013 at 7:37 pm
(21) Brenda says:

I watched and finally realized why Alison doesn’t get nominated for a daytime emmy — she can’t act. On Days, she appears to have the role of Sami to a T. I couldn’t watch the movie straight through. I flipped to something else. It was painful. Greg was good. I guess I was expecting too much from Alison.

July 30, 2013 at 1:14 am
(22) Darla says:

I have been watching DOOL since the 60′s and I could not wait to watch the movie. I loved the cute story. It was not a big love story between them. The message was sweet. DOOL had better hang on to the two of them because they are two great actors.

August 2, 2013 at 10:00 pm
(23) sbrian says:

That was the nicest movie with Alison & Greg. They are a darling couple. Wish they would leave out the “gay” guys saga – makes me almost quit watching the show after all these years!

August 2, 2013 at 10:42 pm
(24) loretta mullens says:

Watched Second Chances tonight. pretty good romance movie. Great job Sami and Eric!

August 3, 2013 at 9:35 am
(25) elsa says:

Totally disagree Brenda. Actually to me Ali Sweeney was the best actor of the two although Greg was not bad either. I really saw that Ali Sweeney has very great charisma and could easily do better than daytime tv, moreover they had some really good chemistry on this cute movie.

August 14, 2013 at 7:50 am
(26) Rosieroserson says:

I’m not shallow either, but will never watch this movie. I see them as siblings no matter what!

March 23, 2014 at 9:07 pm
(27) JB says:

This is a great movie. You have to remember that they play brother and sister on a soap opera and this is a movie that the play roles in. The story line is great and so is the acting.