1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days of Our Lives Comings and Goings

By September 10, 2013

nadia bjorlin

Here's the latest Days of Our Lives coming and goings casting news.

As previously reported, Nadia Bjorlin is returning for two quick episodes as Chloe, this month. Her scenes are slated to air on September 24 and 25.

Meanwhile, there's more information on Patsy Pease and Charles Shaughnessy, who will resurrect their roles as Shane and Kimberly during November sweeps. The show has released a first air date for the duo: Monday, November 18. Their storyline will revolve around their troubled onscreen daughter Theresa.

Ralph Waite is back as Father Matt on Tuesday, September 10, when he gives Nicole a warning about Eric.

Dee Dee Rescher is playing Rory's mother, Lee. She made her first appearance on Friday, September 6.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Chris Hason

Comments

September 10, 2013 at 12:24 pm
(1) Iwatchsoaps says:

I would be excited about this if Chloe wasn’t going to be wasted on Dr. Daniel Jonas. Am I the only one sick of all things Daniel?

September 10, 2013 at 12:49 pm
(2) RaeAnn says:

Yep!
you are.

September 10, 2013 at 1:16 pm
(3) gluckie says:

Why? What is the point to a quickie appearance besides a quick buck? And we really do need to move on with a story line. I am fast forwarding through the trial already, fast forwarding thru scenes with all the people who are leaving. Why bother?

September 10, 2013 at 2:43 pm
(4) carla says:

well I’m sure Chloe does have a right to see her son like all other divorced parents and i’m sure it’s about the birth certificate or other legal papers naming Daniel as legal guardian which makes sense.

September 10, 2013 at 3:06 pm
(5) Bree says:

if Chloe comes back to give her blessing to Dannifer raising Parker I will vomit.

September 10, 2013 at 3:28 pm
(6) Ann says:

I am also sick of so much Daniel. Dannifer and Ejami have taken over the show and it is causing the ratings to tank. I visit 4 soap message boards and the majority concensus on all of them is an overwhelming dislike of the three dysfunctional and unrealistic “couples” that are featured on Days, day in and day out. Those God-awful couples are Ejami, Bristen and Dannifer. Yuck! Get them off our screens and give them a long rest!

September 10, 2013 at 6:55 pm
(7) Shenda says:

Daniel and his love life have ruined the show. Everyone in town sings his praises and obsesses over his relationship with Jen almost every day, it seems. Now even Nicole is doing it–after the way he dumped her, not very realistic!

I hope Chloe takes her son and runs!

September 10, 2013 at 8:43 pm
(8) Cassie says:

Ann, I totally agree with all you said. Bristen, Ejami and Dannifer are ruining Days. They make the show almost totally unwatchable and the ratings reflect it. TPTB at Days need to get with the program and put some real drama and romance back on the show… these couples have neither. Give them all a rest… a long, long rest.

September 11, 2013 at 7:59 am
(9) dana says:

DESPISE Daniel and the Bitch.

LOATHE Eeej and THE BITCH

September 11, 2013 at 3:07 pm
(10) Tracey says:

Love DAN AND JEN TOGETHER!!! Only reason I watch Day’s. Can’t stand Teresa or JJ fast forward through that crap!

September 11, 2013 at 9:59 pm
(11) Dorothy says:

Don’t like Chloe, never did, like Dan and Jen together—get it right Sammy off and home to her kids, that cop is dirty find the dirt… get some real things done the teens are boring…………

September 12, 2013 at 12:48 am
(12) Paula says:

DANNIFER is the BEST! I am big fan of this couple. I would just like these two to be happy together! Hopefully get married. Ship JJ to jail with Teresa and throw away the key. Give Brady a brain!! He needs one desperately!

September 13, 2013 at 10:22 pm
(13) Jimmy says:

Kyle Lowder will return to Days of our Lives in January, a casting coup that NBC is advertising as the return of the “Orginal Brady.” With Lowder’s return, Eric Martsolf has been shown the door after less than five years in the role of Brady.

Though initially unconfirmed by the network, soapcentral.com first reported last week that Eric Martsolf and NBC’s Days of our Lives have parted ways — and a Internet blog posting claims the parting was less than amicable. Martsolf joined the show nearly five years ago in the role of Brady. His firing leads the way for the role to be recast — with a very familiar face.

“Mr. Martsolf was fired!” says a note on a Twitter page claiming affiliation with Eric’s fan club. “He was given several weeks to leave quietly and told that Kyle Lowder was coming back. Supposedly [Ken] Cordy and Lisa De Cozette had been in talks with [Lowder] since before the Fourth of July, this is why [Eric] was invited to a Charity Event hosted by Days of our Lives cast members then had his invitation taken from him. The cast just found out last week and they are all in shock. Martsolf himself didn’t even see it coming, for the past four years [show execs] kept telling him how outstanding he was and he should look forward to another contract after his current four years were up, and then BOOM!”

We are giving the fans what they’ve been asking for – Kyle returns as Brady,” said Ken Corday, Executive Producer of DAYS. “Fans can look forward to Brady’s storyline developing around his family, his inner demons and his love life.”

With “Days of our Lives” taping so far in advance, Lowder will tape sometime next month. Those scenes won’t are until January.

September 13, 2013 at 10:29 pm
(14) sandra says:

Stupidest damn move I have seen Days make in a long time. Lowder is NOT the correct Brady. Eric has owned this role since day ONE!!!! I will be ff-ing through every episode that includes Lowder. Though I love AZ, and her portrayal of Nicole, I hate KL in Brady’s role just as much. What a load of crap this is. Can you tell how much I HATE THIS??????

September 14, 2013 at 9:11 am
(15) Betz says:

YES! Lowder is Brady. Now bring back John, Belle, Shawn, replace Bo and get Steve back! If you have to bring in people, bring back what we know and the children of Steve and Kayla, Kim and Shane, cousins of the families we know. Stop bringing in new characters one after the other we don’t care about. Let Nicole have a baby for a change. BRING BACK JACK!!! What stupid writer killed that character off. Jennifer is a bore without Jack. Where are all the Horton’s at the hospital instead of Dr Daniel who..he contributes nothing but something someone thinks looks good. Mike Horton should be in charge of that hospital. Give Lucas a story and bring back Phillip! Phillip should be the new Victor! Chad could be the new Stephano or bring in a new son that is exactly like Stephano. He has then all over the place.

September 14, 2013 at 9:26 am
(16) Love Eric Martsolf says:

I love Eric Martsolf as Brady. He has amazing chemistry with both Nicole and Chloe. The time for Kyle has passed. Eric Martsolf IS Brady Black. Plus he looks better and is a great actor.

September 14, 2013 at 7:36 pm
(17) Barb says:

Add me to the “tired of all things Daniel” line. And I know a lot more who feel the same way

September 16, 2013 at 7:20 pm
(18) DeDe says:

If this is true about Kyle, I’m so excited. He was always Brady to me, maybe he now redeem the character and make him a man. Instead of the wimp he has become because of Kristen. I would also like Days to go and see if they can go and get the actor who plays Jack on the series Cedar Cove on Lifetime. He looks like Bo Brady. He’s a great actor, I would love it if they could somehow negotiate with him to come onto Days. Everyone would forget about Peter Reckell for sure !

September 16, 2013 at 8:28 pm
(19) tracy says:

omg. in shock about eric being fired. will be so sad to see him go. I guess that means nicole will end up with brady and not eric like i thought.
Will miss Eric M and wish him the best.

September 18, 2013 at 3:59 pm
(20) Bcritser says:

I like Father Eric, Brady, Nichole, I despise JJ and Teresa , JJ’s stupid friends need to go, as well as Kristen, she’s a joke. I want EJ and Sami to be together, I want Rafe and Kate together, Roman and Marlena together, Despite what most of you say, I like Daniel with Jennifer, if she would get her head out of her _ _ _ , once and for all and be happy with Parker and Daniel, let JJ get what is coming to him. Nick needs to get off the show and maybe Gabbi will start seeing Cameron hmmm kind of see a little hint of connection between them. Also see a little conn between Kayla and Abe, hmmm
Don’t like Abigail with Chad, especially since I know he doesn’t have cancer, he needs to man up and confess the fact yeah right, won’t happen Who have I missed?? Hope needs someone, she’s a doll

September 18, 2013 at 8:27 pm
(21) DaOnenOnlyDeb says:

Stephano is B A A A C C C K K K Watch out Salem!!!! NOW we’ll have more DAYS OF OUR LIVES HEATED UP!!!!

October 4, 2013 at 11:19 pm
(22) milie says:

I am tire of Stepheno getting away with everything.it is getting tired.I have been watching days forever.Samie And EJ belong together,.Kate and Rafe belong togethe, Marlena and Roman belong together.SEnd Tereasa back where she came from.JJ need to grow up .I like Chad .

October 7, 2013 at 1:25 pm
(23) Betty says:

The storyline about Father Eric is sick! Can’t stand Theresa and JJ. Summer is over so move on with some adult story lines and get rid of the teenagers. Just started watching DOOL again and am now thinking of quitting again. Horrible writers!

October 8, 2013 at 5:03 pm
(24) Grandma6 says:

I’m not homophobic, but I don’t watch Days to watch men kiss. Lets get back to Bo and Hope and get rid of the JJ story and his silly friends.

October 18, 2013 at 2:43 am
(25) Maggie says:

OMG where do I begin! I hate JJ – in the real world, no average Joe could come before the court three times and not get some jail time. It’s aannoying and insulting to average viewers to witness people of privelege getting away with crimes. It’s one thing to have the Stefano and EJ’s of the world go unpunshed because they have they money to make evidence disappear but JJ’s crimes are provable – he’s not even denying them..RIDICULOUS!

I wanted Dan and Jennifer together but she doesn’t deserve him! Anyone who allows their child to sabatoge their own happiness because of their despicable, disrespectable and conniving behavior deserves to be alone.

I am unhappy that Days can ‘t seem to mix stories for both the young and old. It seems that when the story lines are going great for the young, the ones for the older actors become non-existent. Now it seems virtually all of the young people are leaving, I guess they’ll pick up the pace on the storylines for the older actors.

Can we talk? Kate and Rafe? Yuck! Would rather see him with the new physical therapist. Would rather see Kate and Stefano reunite. Can we please get Roaman a love inerest!! How about a love triangle with Marlena, John and Roaman? How about Kayla and Abe establishing something steamy? With Cameron leaving, I guess Days will have no Black actors in any interesting storylines!

October 19, 2013 at 5:35 pm
(26) Grandma6 says:

I agree with Maggie. As someone who has watched Days since the 1960′s I would like to see the mixture of young and old. I liked Stefano and Kate, they deserve each other. Bring Bo back’ if not PR, someone else.

October 22, 2013 at 3:30 pm
(27) GINNY says:

BRING BACK PETER RECKELL PLEASE

November 7, 2013 at 6:06 pm
(28) Val says:

I love Eric as Brady. He’s much better than Kyle Lowder. If Eric leaves I will stop watching DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also agree with Maggie, I like Stefano and Kate together. Marlena should get together with Roman. Kayla and Abe seem like they want each other. I hope Nicole finally finds true happiness and ends up with Eric. I think JJ should go off to college, and fess up to his mom. I think Teresa should move back with her parents. I think Nick should be fired. He’s boring !!!! I love Will and Sonny !!!! I think Gabi should kill Nick in self defense. .Good bye Kristen. She should go to jail for raping a priest and almost killing him. Bring back Bo and send him and Hope on a secret mission. Something that has to do with Stefanos rival. Have Hope and Bo rescue Stefano. I could do a better job with this script than you guys have.

November 10, 2013 at 4:07 pm
(29) love days says:

I agree with some. JJ gets on my nerves. get rid of him. Jennifer is pretty annoying right now too.
and father Eric, just wanna slap him when he keeps accusing Nicole.
Rafes therapist needs to just give in to the fact that she’s developing feelings for him. Even though I think she’s just a temp on the show.
Him n Kate are nasty, she belongs with Stephano.

December 6, 2013 at 2:46 pm
(30) Dee says:

Love ejami, and all adult cast, rory , jj are silly! Bring back beau,Stephane, Kristen, they kept it interesting