1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Janet Di Lauro

Mark Collier Joins Days of Our Lives Cast

By October 30, 2013

mark collierAs the World Turns alum Mark Collier (ex-Mike Kasnoff)  has joined the cast of Days of Our Lives.

According to set side sources, his character will be involved in a storyline at the hospital and will work with Shawn Christian (Daniel) as well as another prominent Salemite. Intrigued? Stay tuned...

Collier is set to make his debut in December.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images/Robin Platzer

Comments

October 30, 2013 at 3:19 pm
(1) Elena says:

If I’m not wrong, Daniel Christian also played Mike Kasnoff! LOVE Mark Collier!

October 30, 2013 at 5:26 pm
(2) SuzyQ says:

Could he be a Bo recast?

October 30, 2013 at 7:36 pm
(3) Donna says:

I wish it would be Bo but the hint says work @hospital

October 30, 2013 at 9:16 pm
(4) Elena says:

Whoops! I meant to say Shawn Christian. . . There are comments on the SOC board that say maybe he’ll be Daniel’s brother. I say, I’ve had enough of Daniel. New storyline, please!

October 30, 2013 at 9:34 pm
(5) mouse says:

his name is Liam.

I wonder how the women of Salem will react to such
a handsome man.

October 31, 2013 at 12:13 pm
(6) mareebee says:

Maybe the hapless Anne will set her sites on the new doc…..she needs a man so she can leave Dan & Jen alone…:)

November 1, 2013 at 6:42 pm
(7) mark says:

I don’t like Ann ! never have. I sometimes wish they could bring back Mike Horton so there would be another Horton on the show and could hlep out Jennifer. Also, with Cameron leaving they could use another doctor in the hospital besides Daniel and Kayla. Daniel looks tired anymore. lol. They show way too much of daniel as well. lol.

November 1, 2013 at 7:05 pm
(8) AllBeItTPTB says:

You know, there is not an equal number of women and men on DOOL. We have Anne, Abigail, Abigails’ Grandma, Bev, Jennifer, Jordan, Kayla, Maxine, Nicole, Theresa, Cordays’ daughter all without the “other half”. We have Brady, Daniel, Eric, 2 of JJs’ friends, Nick, Roman, XMayor…um-m the story can only rotate around 8 men and 11 women for a little while. John will be coming back for Marlena (I hope), EJ and Lucas seem to be vying for Sami and Rafe maybe with Kate but I wish he’d get with Jordan and give KATE back to Stephano. WilSon is temporarily separated but a new Will is recast. We don’t know about Chad as of yet. Cameron – I have seen rumors will be leaving but we don’t know how. KRISTEN is leaving but we don’t know if she shoots someone or if Stephano helps Dr. Dan by killing off THERESA or ANNE???? JJ hasn’t showed any interest really in a “girlfriend” situation but surely Theresa will be shown the door soon by Mom & Dad coming back. Gabi is leaving also. Victor & Maggie are our “token super couple”. C’MON WRITERS get some ADULT LOVE FAMILY BACK. It can’t all be suffering by the younger and middle generations!!!!

November 1, 2013 at 7:21 pm
(9) DOOL4VR says:

YES YES YES Get the heat on KRISTEN Marlena! Get Eric the truth so he can get out of that collar! But at this point, get Nicole and Daniel together and somehow let her baby be found somehow someway, NOT dead and GIVE IT BACK TO HER. Nicole has been suffering DOOL for YEARS AND YEARS. I have seen very short and little happiness for this character. She has grown during the past six months and I think Daniel has suffered enough of Jennifer and her precious JJ. JJ needs to GO TO JAIL. Enough of the” juvenile now adult misbehaviours” with him AND ABIGAIL AND THERESA. If it was anybody else in the real world they would have HAD to pay somewhere someway….how about a little bit of reality in this? I think Nick may have some relevence in Salem but for the life of me I can’t figure that one out either. Gabi doesn’t love him anymore. I can’t wait for John to come back and help Marlena. RECAST BO, P L E A S E There has to be a “look-a-like” or sexy man to call her “fancy face” again. Gee we need some WARMTH besides KRISTEN n ERIC demise. We need some L O V E. And not just the between the sheets….devotion, commitment, intimacy between a couple who aren’t just getting in bed with one another. Do the writers not know what REAL LOVE IS????!!!! No wonder Salem is so cold and bad things always going on.

November 1, 2013 at 7:27 pm
(10) WellI'llB says:

Who’d a thunk Nicole and Daniel would end up in this position? Hm-m Who’d a thunk KRISTEN and Brady would end up with a botched wedding and KRISTEN would be packing heat at her own wedding?
Who’d a thunk THERESA and ERIC would have been victims of the same drug??!!
Who’d a thunk Jennifer and Abigail would both loose their men at the same time?
Who’d a thunk a mysterious man would end up working at the hospital and may solve a big problem for Salem?
C’mon in Mark Collier and strut your stuff. :D

November 4, 2013 at 6:49 pm
(11) Lori says:

Enough with Daniel already. A lot of viewers are tired of having him shoved down our throats in every storyline. Shawn Christian seems like a nice guy and he’s a decent actor but the character becomes more annoying the more they try to make the show revolve around him.

November 4, 2013 at 9:04 pm
(12) Terreej says:

Can we get Nicole and Eric finally together….he can still have a good life in religious atmosphere without continuing as a priest if he n Nicky marry they can be the “sane” ones in Salem, How’s that for a turnaround…..she’s an interesting character and actress……..actually so is Kate but she seems to be held back lately……not like DOOL!……

November 4, 2013 at 10:09 pm
(13) Bettina Braun says:

I am just sick of all the comings and goings. Ridiculous! Why can’t days keep a stable cast? I’m about to give up on it!!

November 4, 2013 at 10:30 pm
(14) Jancann says:

LOVE DANIElL Don’t care who is tired of him, or who thinks HE looks tired,
he plays is character like no one else could. Decently may I add.

November 5, 2013 at 10:03 am
(15) Anne says:

I was irritated by Daniel’s seemingly limited depth for awhile. Then they did the Strip Tease at the Club to help Cameron out of his tough spot, and I realized just how talented he is!!! Seriously, I mean acting. He plays the surfer dude doc with a heart of gold to the max. He’s warm, honest and funny. I know he loves Jen, but I hope his character doesn’t get boxed in and they bring him interesting plotlines (Like helping Eric). They don’t have to be romantic necessarily, but just to keep him front and center. The interactions with Maxine are PRICELESS!!!!!!

November 5, 2013 at 2:15 pm
(16) Stacey says:

The character of Daniel is written well … he tells Jen off quite a bit actually and doesn’t allow her to manipulate him … I like that.

Mark Collier joining days – wonder if it’s anything to do with Jordan??? But I’m HOPING for Hope’s love life to increase – and I THINK they’re the same age (guessing) … Hope needs some man action – lol. Bo’s been gone to long are we really to believe this storyline that he’s just off and about and it’s okay? Hope had a small part where she was struggling with her clepto and annoying kid Ciara for a week or two, and now – there’s no mention of Bo…so I say hook her up with Mark Collier’s character.

I think the build up of Kristin’s comeuppance is terrific – yes it’s gone on along time, but – I can’t wait to watch the wedding.

Also – spoilers say that someone gets show – does anyone know who is murdering whom this november sweeps? I can’t figure that part out.

Another thing – is it possible…at all..that Jordan has changed her name and hair color and is actually Belle Brady? Just curious.

November 5, 2013 at 7:22 pm
(17) BradyHortonDimeraFamilyFan says:

I can’t wait for THE WEDDING and THE DEMISE OF KRISTEN!! I want Eric to get OUT OF THE COLLAR & INTO NICOLE. lol I want Jennifer to wise up about Daniel through JJ and Danniffer to have a HAPPY WEDDING but JJ do something wrong and get put in the slammer to STRAIGHTEN the family back out again. Abigail needs to pay attention to her college work, meet a young man, get married and start her own branch of the family because Jennifer & Daniel need to raise Parker and have a Days Of Our Lives HAPPY storyline. I don’t know where Jordan came from but I’d bring Carrie back without Austin and Rafe and Carrie start to carry on where they left off “TheLongHotOfficeSummerOf2012″ and Kate and Jordan get caught trying to trap Rafe or whoever it is trying to get to Rafe again. How about a Christmas Wedding for Ejami?

November 5, 2013 at 9:45 pm
(18) RaeAnn says:

I am thrilled everything is starting to come out.. I LOVE the fact that Daniel told Jennifer off. That has been long over due. Soon we will see the Kristin get caught up in all her tricks and lies. Brady punches Eric out in church. ( Eric deserved that for the way he has treated Nicole ) I do kinda feel sorry for Marlena having to see Eric as the one Kristen was in bed with, And completely understand why Victor wouldnt have the heart to tell Marlena it was Eric. Marlena would never show the video if she knew it was him. Nicole is an awesome actress. I love her character . She does deserve to be happy and I wouldn’t mind seeing her and Daniel hook up, even if only for a while. Ann just plain ole needs to be GONE! Not only is she useless , she is ugly too. Teresa needs to go home with Shane and Kimberly . I am hoping that who ever gets killed is a double look a like ( look alikes are mentioned on spoilers ) Or is Kristen that gets killed off. I hope it isnt Victor or Father Matt. Abby is a jennifer mini me. JJ has potential, but played the druggy jerk role way too well. Nick has turned into his old self again. Wonder how long it will take for this story line to unfold. And Brady…. He needs to not only beg forgiveness from Nicole, but get a brain and grow a pair. As far as the Eric rape. even after being drugged… he still managed to rise for the occasion.So he had enough sense to be a willing participant. And needs to eat his words. I love DOOL. Daniel is the hottest guy on the show. Love everything about him. Keep him in the main stream. Enjoy this weeks DAYS everyone, I know I will.

November 6, 2013 at 3:20 pm
(19) simple says:

I would love to see Daniel and Jennifer together as a happy couple. There ought to be atleast one normal pair on the show. I also would like to see Nicole catch a break. Sami and EJ belong together. Kristen needs to go away, and John Black doesn’t deserve anything good to happen to him. Rafe needs to set his attention to Jordan and Kate needs to leave everyone alone.

November 6, 2013 at 5:29 pm
(20) Snook says:

I will be so glad when Eric finds out he has accused Nicole unjustly. He needs to be put down from his pompusnessd. He should know how Nicole has changed and how she fought to get him help when he was poisoned. I was glad she told him off when he showd up at Daniel’s and found he there. Jennifer will really get hers when it comes out that Daniel helped thst ungreatful JJ and that he had nothing to do with Thersa or he overdose. Days just gets better even though some actors are leaving and will be missed. I’d love to see Daniel’s daughter return and a new Bo for Hope. Glad Kristen’s storyline is coming to an end and I hope Brady gets his head on straight and be more careful finding a new love. Also, Nicole needs a break now. She has been alone too long but now with Eric, Brady or Daniel. Someone new.

November 8, 2013 at 9:28 pm
(21) laurie says:

NEVER SICK OF DANIEL!!! He is a integral part of Days of Our Lives…he is the bad boy the good boy , the great friend , great Doctor and Father handsome and all around one of the pillars of Salem. How can anyone not love him???

November 8, 2013 at 9:33 pm
(22) laurie says:

LEAVE DANIEL ALONE …he is loved by many of us!!!

November 13, 2013 at 4:39 pm
(23) Lisa says:

Totally agree with the statement of Daniel. Love him and his character. I never get sick of him. Put Brady and Nicole together.

November 19, 2013 at 8:46 pm
(24) Octo says:

I never have like Jennifer with Dan. She is a conniving person, who just thinks about herself. She thinks she is so pure and never lies. I hope Dan goes back to Nicole. They make a good couple.

November 22, 2013 at 4:37 pm
(25) Jean says:

Could he be a new Love Interest for Hope? I hope so…..

December 16, 2013 at 7:11 pm
(26) Pennie says:

Hes not a Bo recast. I believe he has something to do with the Jordan mystery…