1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Alison Sweeney Leaving Days of Our Lives

By January 21, 2014

alison sweeneyThere's another major exit on the Salem horizon. After 21 years as sublime troublemaker Sami Brady, Alison Sweeney (Sami) is leaving Days of Our Lives.

The actress will announce her big news during a guest spot on today's (Tuesday, January 21) episode of  The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

"I've been on Days of Our Lives for 21 years. I celebrated my 21st year, this year. And I decided that it's going to be my last year with the show," said Sweeney, noting that she'd been appearing on Days and hosting The Biggest Loser for the last  seven years.

Sweeney explained that she's been on the soap since she was 16 and has never had more than a two week vacation in that whole time.

"I mean, it's awesome," she added. "I love Sami. I love Salem. I love my job. I love daytime. I love the fans. I love everything about it, but I have worked so much. My daughter just turned 5 and my son is 9, and I just want to be with them and enjoy my last year. I'm going to be on Days all this year."

Sweeney had no last air date, nor does she know what will happen to her character.

"It would be awesome to have some sort of happy ending, but I also think that maybe Sami probably deserves to have some sort of very twisted Breaking Bad ending. She's caused a lot of people a lot of problems."

You can watch a clip of Sweeney's interview, here.

Photo Courtesy: NBC/Chris Haston

Comments

January 21, 2014 at 7:33 am
(1) Laadyb says:

I remember the very first show that a teeenage Sami appeared in. I will sorely miss Alison on this show but she is right. With everything else she does, she does need more time for her family. Good luck Alison/Sami!

January 21, 2014 at 8:31 am
(2) peggy says:

i dont want to see u leave I love ur character has sami
the show will not be the same

January 21, 2014 at 9:06 am
(3) Lauren LeComte says:

We’re around the same age, and I do understand her need to be around family, but she will be sorely missed. Allison is definitely my favorite actress on Days.
I hope once her kids are grown, she’ll decide to come back. Certainly the writers should leave her character’s departure open-ended, so she can return in the future! Hope she enjoys “retirement”- wish her all the best :-)

January 21, 2014 at 9:14 am
(4) Days viewer says:

It will be so sad to see Alison and Sami leave. I’ve seen her on my screen since I’ve started watching so it’s definitely going to leave a whole on the show without her. I know some complain about Sami getting all the airtime but it won’t be the same without her on there every now and then. I’m going to miss my Ejami. But as for Alison, she’s doing what’s best for her family and kids do grow up really fast so it’s good that she wants to spend more time. Maybe they don’t kill Sami off so that she can return in the future. I would also love for Sami to leave with a happy ending despite all the things that she’s done.

January 21, 2014 at 11:44 am
(5) Edith says:

I sure hope Sami just takes a leave,, she is whats made Days good.. Now won’t be watching it as much at all!!

January 21, 2014 at 12:44 pm
(6) Linda says:

Watched Sami grow up on Days… I will miss her character… Don’t kill her off as hopefully she will come back someday… Good luck Alison AKA Sammi…..

January 21, 2014 at 1:09 pm
(7) dazwatcher says:

I believe this is a sign for what’s to come with Days. We’ll probably see others leave as they have been. Hopefully, better actors than JJ, Theresa, and Jordan.

January 21, 2014 at 1:23 pm
(8) Dmitri says:

Thank goodness! I like the actress and wish her well, but Sami is an annoying shrew and takes up too much airtime. Sick of all her storylines revolving around men. Now that all 3 of her men are looking at other women, guess it really is time for her to go.

January 21, 2014 at 1:47 pm
(9) Matilda says:

I am glad she is leaving – she has become like the character “Reva Shane” on “Guiding Light” years ago – OVERKILL – it allows for other storylines with other characters to flourish. Sami will always be a lovable character because of all the layers the writers from past have given her. She comes from a good family but the character is full of flaws, but at the end of the day – she comes around and the fans root for her – but now we need a break – and so does Ali! Best of luck.

January 21, 2014 at 2:33 pm
(10) Linda M. Teel says:

I totally understand that you want to be with your kids more! For the longest time I couldn’t stand Sami….but that just means you play the part very well! I would rather see you cut back on your appearances…like “Doug & Julie”….. But please reconsider and don’t quit completely! There have been way too many ppl leaving Days….and as much as I get so frustrated at the story lines….it has always been the only soap I’ve ever stayed a faithful fan to!! Days needs to get closer to more of the older characters and better writing or I’m afraid when the next contract date arrives….they, too will be cancelled!! I’d hate to see that happen! #lifetimedaysfan

January 21, 2014 at 3:37 pm
(11) Laurence H says:

I think it’s a sign….way too many of the young cast are leaving and now one of the vets has announced she’s leaving. Peter Reckell has no plans to return…I seriously think this is either a chance for Days to completely redo their format, or it’s a telltale of DOOL’s fate

January 21, 2014 at 4:37 pm
(12) Linda Hembree says:

I have been a dedicated DOOL fan since the first show. With Bo gone and now Sami it may be over for me. The show needs to get Bo back and find a way to keep Sami or there will be more like me rethinking their loyalty to the show!!!

January 21, 2014 at 5:18 pm
(13) Debbie says:

The show just won’t be the same without Sami. Maybe she will come back for guest appearances like Marlana and John came back? My gosh I have been watching Sami for 21 years and loving the character!

January 21, 2014 at 5:31 pm
(14) WL says:

I have lways loved the Sami character, the good, the bad and the ugly. Sami will be missed. I hope they set it up so that you can make to odd appearance like Doug and Julie.

Alision, you are making the correct decision. Your kids grow up fast and you can never get this precious time in their lives back. Enjoy retirement and the time with your family

January 21, 2014 at 5:36 pm
(15) fanny says:

I don’t get it! Why make the announcement NOW, when she will be leaving at the end of the year? We still don’t know if DAYS will be renewed, their contract ends in September 2014.
I don’t like this one bit. It could be a sign…

January 21, 2014 at 6:15 pm
(16) BLONDIE says:

It will be a sad day for Day’s when Sami leaves the show, I remember when she first came on the show and I have enjoyed her everysince. Love you Sami.

January 21, 2014 at 6:20 pm
(17) mark says:

I watched todays episode of Ellen and loved seeing Alison back on it. I will be sad ro see Alison leave Days because I have watched just about the whole 21 years as well and I totally support her decision to leave if she wants to. I don’t blame her really if Days isn’t going to let Sami be with E J and have a family. I wonder what will happen now with Johnny, Ali, and Sydney now ?

Ever since I heard the announcement about Alison, I was wondering 3 things. I was wondering if Days was going to be renewed for another year, Also, was wondering if Alison left because of Chandler leaveing, also wondering if she hated Abby being with E J as much as i did. I understand though about wanting to spend time with her family.

Last year at this time hadn’t Days already been renewed for this year ? I think I remember us Days viewers getting an early Christmas present last year i think about Days being renewed for another year.

January 21, 2014 at 8:47 pm
(18) Alicia says:

I hate that Sammy is leaving the show. I will miss her. I look so forward to seeing her and Ej and there love story on tv everyday. I don’t think they can pair anybody up with him any better than Sammy. they are so much alike! They are perfect! This totally sucks!

January 21, 2014 at 9:57 pm
(19) Lori Ann says:

Would I be considered a big baby to say I got tears in my eyes when I watched her on Ellen this morning giving this news. I too remember the first day she walked on the screen. So shy and soft spoken at first but sure did jump into character and made the Days fans fall in love with her little crazy self. No one could believe Marlena & Roman could have a kid act as bad as she was. LOL I’ve been watching DOOL for over 30 years a lot of people have came and gone and came back again. I hope they leave her character open so she can return if she wants to. Go spend those great times with those babies Ali, afterall we know we can’t turn back time and get those special moments back so enjoy every single one ahead of you. I can’t believe her daughter is 5 already! WOW!!! That means Rafe has been on the show for 5 years too. What will he do without Sami? What will EJ do? Don’t even say Abby!! LOL I am glad we have a year to prepare for her exit but still going to be hard to see her go. I cried when Patch passed, (or so we thought) I cried when Shawn passed, I cried when Jack passed, Grams and Tom too & in real life. And even knowing Bo was exiting I shed a few that day too. So live it up Ali/Sami. Let’s make this the best year ever. But afterall you have done (Sami) That will be hard to top. Love and well wishes to her.

January 22, 2014 at 8:25 am
(20) LUMI says:

I will miss Alison as Sami,I want Lucas and Sami together with all 4 of Sami’s kids theirs.
I hope she stays for Days 5oth anniversary Nov: 2015

January 22, 2014 at 3:04 pm
(21) fanny says:

FINALLY! It has been announced today, that DAYS has been renewed till September 2016. They will be able to celebrate their 50th anniversary in 2015. Congratulations to the cast & crew!

January 22, 2014 at 8:40 pm
(22) Andrea Miller says:

Hate to hear that Alison is leaving. I love her and EJ together. She really keeps the show exciting, you never know what she is up too. To many of the characters are fading slowly away. At least leave an opening so that she can come back….

January 22, 2014 at 9:46 pm
(23) MYA says:

I am happy for Allison if this is what she wants, I wish her and her family the best, I am going to miss Sami Brady she is what made become a fan of Days of our lives, I am not someone who believed she sucked up to much airtime if that’s the case you would have to say the same things about Rafe,Nick, EJ, Nicole, Dr. Dan, and Jennifer it just depends on who you like. Sami is never boring and although I think this current story-line is horribly disgusting to where I cant even watch the show right now, hopefully the writers will do right by Ally/Sami and give her the send off she deserves and leave it to where she can come back if she wants.

January 23, 2014 at 8:56 am
(24) SHIRLEY PARSONS says:

Maybe in a few years we will see her in the movies or back on “DAYS’ But after 21 years I’ll miss her. Maybe EJ will kill her or send her to an ISLAND.

January 23, 2014 at 1:29 pm
(25) lucylu says:

What?! How are we going to make it without our Sami. She has been the best no matter what’s written for her. We have for the rest of the year can’t wait to see what she’s up to. Allison we will miss you…..it’s time we give you time to enjoy life husband and those beautiful kids.

January 23, 2014 at 7:01 pm
(26) lee says:

I can’t believe that everyone is leaving Days. Bo brady , john blake and now Sami. Really disappointed by this. If anyone has watched days knows what I mean. John would of never let Marlene, Bo would of never let Hope and his family and now Sami. I do understand that tjey want to spend more time with their families but these story lines are not believable maybe they should of just killed them off the show it would of been more believable then them just running off somewhere.

January 24, 2014 at 9:53 am
(27) Yvette says:

I am soooo sad that she is leaving. I understand why but still sad. I have watched Days from the beginning and have watched her grow up. Days just won’t be the same. I hope they give her a happy ending and one that will let her come back. Maybe before she goes, she and Nicole can be friends. I love both of these gals and Sami has always needed a friend. Who knew Nicole could be such a good loyal friend. :D
Good luck Allison!!!!! You will always be my favorite.

January 25, 2014 at 7:27 pm
(28) Kayla says:

I could cry. When Alison leaves Days might as well just call it a wrap. It’s already went drastically down hill, but when she leaves I have no intention to continue watching. I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels this way. Good luck writers. You’re going to have to be magic to keep people interested.

January 27, 2014 at 12:16 am
(29) barbara cohen says:

January 27, 2014 at 12:18 am
(30) barbara cohen says:

she is leaving because of all the money she is making on the biggest loser. see it as a betrayal. she could shorten her storyline and not leave completely

January 27, 2014 at 8:23 pm
(31) David says:

She will be greatly missed as she defines the show. But I understand her need to be with her children and have time to herself. I wish her the very best and extend my thanks for making the show a treat to watch. All the best Alison!!

January 27, 2014 at 8:51 pm
(32) Turquoise says:

Oh come on, really, the end of the year??!!! If she wanted time with the kids she would be gone now. This is a standard ploy. Mark my words in the latter part of the year “oh, I would so miss the show and do not want to disappoint my fans.” And a big fat raise.

January 27, 2014 at 8:56 pm
(33) Barbara Luffman says:

The ONLY reason I watch DOOL is to see Sami and EJ!!! Hate him with Abigail. I feel sorry for James Scott having to pair with her. He must be embarassed.

January 27, 2014 at 9:22 pm
(34) Bettina Braun says:

I hope they don’t try to replace her so she can come back someday. Days is not going to be the same!
JJ and Teresa are such good actors. Hope they find more like them

January 27, 2014 at 9:30 pm
(35) Sad as hell says:

Noooooo Sami cannot go! Love her ..kes.love that she takes up all the air time …I love her and EJ together.. I get upset when she isn’t on an episode ..please Alison re-think your decision to.leave.. your too good an actress to quit ! Sami foreverrrrrr ;(

January 27, 2014 at 9:42 pm
(36) ra hel poole says:

I lo e days. I saw the very f2f first episode. Sami is great .the show we I’ll suffer with her leaving. Maybe she could leave with Lucas. He always loved her.

January 27, 2014 at 9:52 pm
(37) susan ancira says:

Me and my daughters have watched days for well my daughter is 37 so its been that long and then some and I love love Sami and she will be deeply missed but I understand about kids and family and they grow up fast d o good luck sami my girls and I love you and wish you all the best and thank you for all the time you gave us on days

January 27, 2014 at 9:59 pm
(38) vanessa says:

Sami Brady has been my favorite character on Days since she stole her baby sister Belle! She cracks me up with her relationship with Kate. I absolutely love EJ & Sami together. I have been traumatized by the EJ Abigail storyline. Now that Sami will be leaving I hope that Days does a favor for the fans and gets Sami and EJ together for the remaining time on the show and let them ride off into the sunset together. Please Days do it for the fans.

January 28, 2014 at 12:38 am
(39) Anne says:

She’s been so funny lately with Kate. I’m happy that the writers are making Abbie the new Miss BusyBody and letting Sami have some fun with the unlikely Kate-Sami partnership. So much for the Scarlett and Rhett EJammi line-hope they find someone exciting for EJ once Sammi goes. (Not Abbie-she is not particularly exciting for EJ)

January 28, 2014 at 12:51 am
(40) Barb says:

I think that Alison Sweeney is making the right decision, at the moment.
Her family is still young and with her doing other shows, she needs to eliminate something to find time in the day for them
Life is fast and you blink and your family is grown up.
Of course, I will miss her as Sammi. I, too, remember her first scene … 21 years ago.
But, hopefully, they won’t kill her character or anything drastic..and when her family is grown she ( if Days is still around then LOL).. can return just like Melissa Reeves did as Jennifer.
She did the same thing and her entrance back into Days was seamless.
I also would not be in favor of them recasting the role, like they have Wills .

January 28, 2014 at 6:15 am
(41) cissy says:

IT’S Time!!!!

January 28, 2014 at 7:22 am
(42) Anne says:

NOOOOO give up biggest loser, but don’t give up days!!!

January 28, 2014 at 9:07 am
(43) mary says:

It is time for you to leave Sami, sorry. The persons I want to leave is Eric and Nicole but apparently they are staying. There character is boring and there story line is not going any where. How long is there contract? Now that Nick is back let spur up Days story line. Please do not bring back, BO and JOHN BLACK. THE WRITERS OF DAYS PUT your heads together and come up with a story line that will interest your audience. let see what you got! Sami sorry to see you go. but nobody can play that part so to the writers do not try and recast her part. talking about re-cast, GUY YOU LOOK STUPIED AND YOU ARE ULGY. I cannot get with him at all.

January 28, 2014 at 10:04 am
(44) Debra says:

Have been watching Alison on Days for years and years. Can’t imagine that she won’t be there anymore — stirring up trouble. Ever since she has been on The Biggest Loser, on countless talk shows promoting the books she has written, and on every magazine cover there is I have thought that she is probably the most visible daytime actress ever. I imagine that she makes a lot more with her other projects than on Days. She did a made-for-TV movie not too long ago with the actor that plays Eric, and she had her own show on one of the cable channels whereby she invited some of her well known friends into her home for dinner and a gabfest. She’s definitely busy alright. I am anxious to see if she truly “takes time off to be with her family” or actually takes on more projects when she’s free from Days. I always think that her husband of many years (a Police Officer in L. A.) must have a very high esteem and probably gets some ribbing for having a wife that is so well known and, obviously, makes a lot more money than he does!

January 28, 2014 at 12:00 pm
(45) Pia says:

I have watched DOOL since I was a teenager. Allison is one of the major key roles of the show. Can’t imagine the show without her. Just like Bo, it seems they are getting rid of the best and bringing in younger people that will not interest the older loyal fans. Is this there way of say, “but out kiddo!! don’t need you guys any more”. Too bad – watching DOOL was a way for me to relax and unwind and forget my own problems. Allison will surely be missed as well of all the others. I hope her reason for leaving is truly her kids and not some other reason, or is it a coincidence that the main characters are all leaving. Good luck to you Allison, hope one day you will return. I will be watching the show just hopefull that the very best will come back. Ciao

January 28, 2014 at 3:15 pm
(46) Jane M. Lunsford says:

I am so shock Sami is leaving Day of our Lives. I have notice change in her with her hair color and she dress different. I don`t want her to leave show. What we going do without Sami and she may the show with EJ and childrens.

January 28, 2014 at 3:17 pm
(47) Joanne T. says:

OMG NO NO NO ALISON (SAMI) YOU MAKE DOOL!!! I CAN’T IMAGINE WATCHING THIS SOAP WITHOUT YOU!!!!! I HAVE WATCHED THIS SOAP SINCE DAY 1, WATCHED YOU GROW AS A TEENAGER, NOW YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL, TALENTED ACTRESS, IF YOU LEAVE, TRUST ME, YOU WILL BE MISSED, HOPE YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND AND RECONSIDER.

January 28, 2014 at 3:18 pm
(48) jean b says:

sooooo sad. won’t be the same without Sami. Get rid of Abgail with
EJ , she is nothing . Send her and her mother (jen) to an island and
forget them.

January 28, 2014 at 3:28 pm
(49) Mary Price says:

I have been watching DOOL everyday since 1978, When I was 7 got the flu and had to stay home from school. I have seen many people/characters come and go. And a few they tried to replace. I hate to see Alison Sweeney “Sami” go. She has made me laugh, cry, yell at the tv like she could hear me. I can understand why she is leaving but I will miss her so much. Just PLEASE writers & casting PLEASE do not try to recast the part. No one can do the amazing part that she has. I wish her the best.

January 28, 2014 at 5:53 pm
(50) J. says:

Hey, I love Samantha–back in the 80′s I watched Days because of Bo and Hope! When I met Samantha, I simply fell in love with her lying and scheming character! She’s the me, the one who I’d love to be but, don’t have the guts to be… I get that she wants to have time for her family–take a vacation for 6 months… Don’t leave the show!

She needs to find someone new–EJ, Lucas and Rafe? They’v e all moved on, it’s time for Samantha to move on too.. She’s smart and successful, she needs to be her own person. Let her go away for 6 months and come back rich and successful!

Bo has already left Days, don’t let Sami leave too!!!

January 28, 2014 at 9:26 pm
(51) Snook says:

I love Allison and her character of Sami. In the past couple of years her character has grown especially since becoming a grandmother. Her children needs her now more than ever at their ages and I’m glad she is putting them first. Maybe she will return for holiday episodes hopefully. I wish you all the luck and happiness, Allison and I’ll still be watchng you on The Biggest Loser if you are still on the show. God Bless you and your family.

January 28, 2014 at 10:15 pm
(52) karen richards says:

i truely do love sami and allison is a superb actruss. she will be missed , but i think Days could find a re-cast that looks like allison with no problem. Good Luck allison

January 28, 2014 at 10:40 pm
(53) Debra says:

Hey Snook — You think they could recast Alison with someone that “looks like Alison with no problem”? Number one, they NEVER recast with someone that even resembles the exiting actor/actress — look at the “new” Will! Number two, you can’t just recast someone that created and lived the part for years and expect the viewers to just look at them at “imagine” that they are the same character, when all the while you are thinking they are simply a substitute. No one could replace Alison/Sami.

January 30, 2014 at 8:52 am
(54) marge Sshauman says:

Hate to see you go. I always love the actors who play the trouble makers and you were so good at that! I hope after you have some well deserved time off with your kids you will return. I have learned over many years of Soaps that when a person leaves the show if……they die and there is a funeral they usually don’t return…..unless they were buried alive. If they die and there is a memorial service there is usually a return. So….if they kill you, I hope there will only be a memorial service.

January 30, 2014 at 11:38 pm
(55) Hate2flygirl says:

Watching the show since 1965. Hated the departure of Marlena & John. Hated departure of Bo & hope. Forget Daniel & Jennifer. No spark there. Who are the support couples of this show? Who are the tom & Alice’s of this generation

January 30, 2014 at 11:47 pm
(56) Mary nurnberger says:

Watched show since 1965. Hated breakup of john & Marlena. Hated breakup of Bo & hope. Where are the tom &alice foundation matriarchs? Forget Daniel & Jennifer. No chemistry there. Allison sweeney leaving? All spark leaves with her. Give us a love interest with longevity.

January 31, 2014 at 9:40 pm
(57) Snook says:

Debra, I didn’t say anything about replacing Allison. I wish her luck and hope she will return periodically like on holidays, etc. You read my comment wrong. No recast could ever replace Allison as Sami.

February 1, 2014 at 10:12 am
(58) Wiwin says:

I love Alison….I will miss you…Sami …your character on days of…is very interesting….Actually I don’t like if Ej have a relationship with Abigail…a man with young girl…that is immoral …
Please I just hope You can come back again and with a new style….It’s going interesting…so make EJ to think the twice to get you as his wife…

February 1, 2014 at 10:49 am
(59) wiwin says:

I will miss you Sami….and actually I dont like if you move out from there…but I know you have the other job…and you must give your attention to you children too…But I just hope one day you come back again with a new style, a new talent so you can make EJ to think the twice to get you as his wife…and EJ I know you not comfortable to play with a young girl….is not you level….and I hate you have a relationship with Abby…immoral show….Please attention for the writers a mature man have a relationship with young girl is not good ….
Im very scared if my young daughter watching this film…..please stop…

February 3, 2014 at 2:23 pm
(60) Cardie says:

Samantha Brady has been a very entertaining character realistic to a life growing wiser to each of her unscrupulous mistakes. EJ her engaging match in every sence. Should the writers wanted a fifty shades ey scenario, their choice couldn’t be more wrong. Firstly, they have few likable characters, good young actresses and viewing worthy story lines at this time. Secondly, you took a likeable character and wrote her a story line that hurts her acting intelligence playing her a obsessed foolish slut making her appear rather ignorant. Definitely not a part worthy of taking a few minutes of my day and waste it foolishly on poor writing. Hire good young actors, actresses, DVD mire importantly better authors. I’ve quit watching after thirty years.

February 4, 2014 at 6:15 pm
(61) Rainbowband says:

Sorry Sami is leaving, I was a huge fan since the 80s…but with the lame story lines and all the gay scenes I am no longer a fan….farewell Sami!!

February 6, 2014 at 9:02 pm
(62) SANDY says:

I’ve been watching Days since before Sami was on. However, when she came on, I fell in love with her character, and I feel that Sami Brady is “DAYS OF OUR LIVES”. Without her, I doubt I will watch it anymore. I even named my last kitty, Samantha Jean I am so disappointed that Alison is leaving the show, but I understand she needs to spend time with her family. Good luck on your future journeys Alison!

February 12, 2014 at 4:04 pm
(63) shirley says:

i really hate to see Allison sweeney leave the show …its not going to be the same without sweeney and never has been same since Peter Reckell left ,,,,what is causeing al good actors and actresses leave,,i have watched this show ever since its been on the Air,,,,please try to keep sweeney,,,thanks shirley

February 14, 2014 at 1:04 am
(64) Wendy says:

I have bee watching Days since 3 rd grade, and I am close to Allison’s age. I am going to miss her, the soap just won’t be the same. But I know how important kids are, so I wish her the best in life!

February 17, 2014 at 1:01 pm
(65) Susan K. says:

It won’t be the same with Sammy gone she made the show. I understand her wanting to spend more time with her kids. I won’t be making sure I’m home to watch Days as much as I have.

February 19, 2014 at 10:28 pm
(66) Amy says:

Please Allison reconsider leaving! Maybe you can work part time or a few days a week! Love you with e.j.! You have so much chemistry together! I would stay with dool, who knows how long biggest loser will last?

February 21, 2014 at 4:17 pm
(67) Julie Olsen says:

Hey! I go back to Julie,Susan, David, Bill & Mickey Horton, also Marie,
then Laura, then comes all the rest, Hope, Bo, All the Bardys,etc..
I am an old time watcher By the way If we were to have as much
happen in our every day as on this show

February 22, 2014 at 12:31 pm
(68) Danette bruni says:

I really don’t want to see her leave, she plays her role very well and it just won’t b the same. R they going to put in a Sami in her place

February 27, 2014 at 10:12 am
(69) Tmcarpenter says:

She is Day’s Of Our Lives.

February 27, 2014 at 7:37 pm
(70) Suzanne says:

I hope they will just replace her. The character of Sammy has always been a very dynamic one. Would like to see her have a big blow up with EJ that will be downright memorable in soap opera history.

March 1, 2014 at 3:46 pm
(71) ROBERT says:

I VE JUST STARTED LAST YEAR WATCHING THIS DAYS OF OUR LIVES AND I LIKE SAMI I CANT IMAGINE THE SHOW WITHOUT HER

March 4, 2014 at 2:06 pm
(72) Melissa says:

She could leave heartbroken, Abby pregnant from EJ, this way she can make special appearances …

March 7, 2014 at 2:00 pm
(73) Alle says:

I hate you leaving Days, the soap will be destroyed, with no EJ and Sami. I do not like Abigail character at all.

March 18, 2014 at 3:49 pm
(74) Pam Mason says:

I love Alison Sweeney, but Days won’t survive without Semi. Recast! Gina Tognoni? Stephanie Gatschet?

And I like the EJ/Abigail story. Keeps it spicy.

March 23, 2014 at 12:00 pm
(75) Sandi Taylor says:

I have watched Days since the first day. I watched it with my grandmother until she died in 1989. I watched it with my dad until he passed in 1998. Now I have my hubby watching it with me!! I feel like part of the Days family for sure! I have loved and hated Sami for many years and it will feel like a family member has left me again.

I totally understand why Sami is leaving and I hope her leaving will be a bittersweet episode.

God Bless you, Allison and I hope you have many, many happy Days of Your Life with your family. You have truly been part of my family a long time and I will cry when you leave. You take care and enjoy your time and always take note of the special times because I look back on my life and I didn’t even notice a lot of what was special and now I don’t remember.

God Speed, Sami.

March 25, 2014 at 9:29 am
(76) LUMI/LUMILY says:

AS/ Sami please take EJ off with you,then come back soon and take Lucas and your kids as a true Horton Family to stay on Days forever.
Love and prayers,, Jo

March 27, 2014 at 12:58 pm
(77) mimiof8 says:

Days WON’T BE THE SAME :(

April 1, 2014 at 5:56 am
(78) meg says:

I have watch. tthe Days. of our life .for 40 + Years. love Sam…

April 14, 2014 at 10:03 am
(79) Terri says:

I understand why Alison wants to leave but the selfish part of me wishes she would give up The Biggest Loser, and negotiate more time off to stay with DOOL. There are very few veteran characters left and no super couple on DOOL. I fast forward most of the show and without Alison, I probably won’t watch at all.

April 18, 2014 at 11:21 pm
(80) Chanta says:

I am so bummed Days has had really crapy story lines lately :( I have watch the show for 22 years and watched Sami the whole time. I Love Sami, the show will not be the same without you ….I hate to say I just can’t watch the show anymore after Sami leaves, I’m afraid the ratings will drop and this might just be the end. some of these new story lines are annoying. The Jennifer and Daniel thing needs a rest, and the icicle and eric needs to be done too. Good luck Sami I will miss you very much at least I will have more room on my DVR to record something else

April 21, 2014 at 3:36 pm
(81) nunya says:

Wow what a idiot, you have a secure job for 21 one years you are loved by millions and your going to whine because you cannot get a break … so take time off the show everyone else does … you really need to work on you agent to get you a better deal …

And as for the story line of breaking EJ well that just a smack in the face to every fan who has invested in the show ……… so yeah whine and go and I bet when your attempt to move on to films falls short you will beg to return .. And by then no one will care.

So thanks for the shaft…we will not forget how you made all our time watching you a complete waste…

N

April 27, 2014 at 11:59 am
(82) Brooklyn says:

I truly might just let’s days go as well… I’ve been a dedicated watcher since I was 8! Shouldn’t have been watching as a kid, but I was ;-) now I’m 26 & sami has always been my favorite. I know it’s selfish of me, but please don’t go allison! You may not feel like it, but you truly are the best! I even watch the biggest loser because if you! Please don’t go…

May 9, 2014 at 10:30 pm
(83) Janet Lee Cutshall says:

I love Sami. Do what you have too, to keep her… Get RID of the GAY boys. Who in there right mind wants to watch these boys make out. Not Me forsure. You are the longest running soap. But if Sami leaves I with a lot of others will NOT watch it any more promise yo that!!!!!!

May 11, 2014 at 7:17 pm
(84) Elva says:

Allison you are the best. Hopefully, you will have the grand wedding EJ is planning for you. I wish you the best of luck and a blessed life with your children. Miss ya already.

May 11, 2014 at 8:21 pm
(85) Kiki says:

I’m not sure I can watch days anymore.. I looked forward to seeing her and EJ actually happy :( so sad ..maybe Sami and EJ can come back for guest appearances?

May 14, 2014 at 1:27 pm
(86) Crownedjewel says:

I have watched Days since its conception and have watched Alison as Sami since day one. She is an incredible actress and I hope they bring her back in a few years after her children are off to college. She has brought a lot of dram to this wonderful daytime show. I will miss her tremeondously but wish her the very best for her and her family. God Bless You!