1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Janet Di Lauro

Kassie DePaiva Cast as Days Our Lives' Eve Donovan

By January 24, 2014

kassie depaivaThe rumblings are true. Kassie DePaiva (ex-Blair, One Life to Live) has been cast as Days of Our Lives'  Eve Donovan.  The soap has confirmed the move, noting that DePaiva will begin airing this summer.

"We are excited to welcome Kassie to the Days family. Stay tuned to find out how the return of Eve Donovan shakes things up in Salem!" said Co-Executive Producer Greg Meng in a statement.

Charlotte Ross, who originated witchy Eve and played the part from 1987 to 1991, was in talks with the soap about reprising the role back in November. However, a deal couldn't be worked out. So the soap decided to move forward with a recast.

The last time Eve was seen in Salem the character was departing for Africa with Frankie, who was about to begin work for a charity organization. But as viewers learned when Frankie returned to town in 2005, the romance didn't work out.

Photo Courtesy: Getty Images/David Becker

Comments

January 24, 2014 at 2:26 pm
(1) jared says:

Kinda of odd seeing that Kassie DePaiva is 52 and Charles Shaughnessy is 58. I guess Eve was in some part of the world that ages you prematurely, haha. If Shane comes back scenes between them are gonna seen very odd when she calls him dad.

January 24, 2014 at 3:11 pm
(2) Penny says:

There is only 6 years between Charlotte (46) and Kassie (52), not really that odd.

January 24, 2014 at 5:07 pm
(3) unicorn1 says:

Anyone who watched the Character Eve evolved though out the years, will know that this will not work. PS: can Kassie Sing?????????

January 24, 2014 at 5:10 pm
(4) Lom says:

Yes she can sing here is a link of her singing

January 26, 2014 at 9:16 am
(5) Soapgirl says:

I agree with unicorn1, I watched during the Eve years and this casting choice is just wtf.

January 27, 2014 at 11:01 pm
(6) Valerie Galzerano says:

I had hoped for years that they would bring back eve and that charlotte ross would reprise the role. So bummed that she’ can’t do it. Maybe if eve sticks around, charlotte will find some time to come back. Cahrlotte was so great in the role. And yes, this actress seems way to old to play eve. Just not right at all. Looks like i’ll be fast forwarding even more now……c’mon day’s, get it together! Kimberly only on for 2 days??? Now a fake eve? Peter reckell gone? Jennifer acting like a dippy little idiot all the time? She was a strong ondependent capable woman and what the writers have done to her charsacter makes me sick! And killing jack? HUGE MISTAKE. Giving eileen davidson such crap to work with that i’m sure she went running back to y&r as soon as she could! The fans could write better for these characters, snd bring back some old favorites!

January 27, 2014 at 11:51 pm
(7) tommye newman says:

IT IS A SHAME THAT ALLISON SWEENEY IS LEAVING DAYS OF OUR LIVES SHE HAS MADE THE PART OF SAMMEY SO BELIVEABLE IN ALL THE TIMES SHE HAS PORTRAYED HER. I KNOW PERSONALLY I WILL MISSING HER PORTRAY THE PART/MY PRAYERS FOR HER AND HER FAMILY AND I KNOW THAT GOD WILL BLESS IN WHATEVER SHE DOES IN HER PERSONAL LIFE. MAYBE ONE DAY SHE WILL BACK AND LET
US SEE HER AND SEE WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PERSON SHE IS. SHE
IS NOT ON THE OUTSIDE BUT HER HEART SHE IS TRULY A WONDERFUL EXAMPLE OF A CHRISTAIN CAN BE. MAY GOD
BLESS ALWAYS BLESS WITH ALL THINGS IN THIS TIME ON EARTH. THANKS ALLISON SWEENEY FOR DOING SUCH A WONDERFUL JOB AND I KNOW THAT MY PRAYERS WILL ALWAYS
WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ON DAYS AND YOU FAMILY.
SINCERELY YOURS
TOMMYE CAROLYN NEWMAN IN HOUSTON TEXAS

January 28, 2014 at 12:42 am
(8) Lynn says:

It’s been awesome if they could birng Nick Collely back too. Eve maried him . They were also Days Supper couple.

January 28, 2014 at 1:05 am
(9) Anne says:

I still don’t really warm up to Jordan and I think the big “storyline” about Birmingham, AL will be that the two girls, Jordan and Cheryl, were indeed “Roomates” but in the Birmingham State Prison or Women’s Correctional or whatever it will be called. Cheryl can computer hack, and who knows what Jordan was in for, but with all those drivers’ licenses in her jewelry box, she appears to be a transient of some kind. Maybe she stole hospital supplies or something, since she appears to actually be a physical therapist. But at least the introduction of Cheryl has brought Lucas out to a larger role, as he deserves. And poor Rafe…the cop…wonder how he will react when he finds his gal pal has a side which she never, as she has stated, ever wants to talk about. He’ll be hurt….maybe Sami will be there to catch him for even a short time.

January 28, 2014 at 10:12 am
(10) SHIRLEY PARSONS says:

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE HER IN THE SHOW.MAYBE SHE’LL BE ABLE TO STIR EVERY THING UP LIKE Sami did.

January 28, 2014 at 10:36 am
(11) Emma says:

Of course Kassie can sing! no one better. She was on GL and OLTO live. If you will give her a chance and not be so critical,I know you will love her. Sometimes the show’s just can’t get the actors to come back!

January 28, 2014 at 10:43 am
(12) Debra says:

I have commented on here before about how I definitely do not like the pairing of Rafe and Jordan. I think its one of the most off-base ones on Days. I can’t really put my finger on it. Think it’s even weirder than him and Kate. Guess that’s because it’s normal on Soaps for them to eventually put everyone with everyone else (the regulars). Sometimes several of them will be in a room and I think they’ve all swapped partners with each other at some time. With Jordan she’s just so outside the circle and I kept waiting for them to “glam” her up and bring her out of her dowdy shell. I guess in their minds they have done that a little bit, but she’ll never be as “over the top” as Sami. It’s common, though, even in real life that when someone gets out of a relationship they choose someone totally different in every way.

January 28, 2014 at 10:54 pm
(13) Debra says:

That seems weird that they can’t find an age-appropriate actress to play Shane’s daughter. I know Soaps are notorious for increasing children’s ages by leaps and bounds but, come on, do they really have to try and make us believe Shane had a kid at 6 years old? I know actresses do a lot to make themselves appear younger, but I think this would be stretching it a bit! She can’t look THAT much younger than her actual age. There was a lot of talk about that when Lisa Rina played Kate’s daughter in that some thought they looked the same age (what with all the injectibles and other “help” each had received.)

January 29, 2014 at 11:58 pm
(14) Missy says:

I’m not buying Kassie DePaiva as Eve either. I don’t care for her and think she will ruin the Eve character. If the writers can’t bring in the original, why not get someone more age appropriate? Kassie not only looks too old to play the part but is too old to play the part..SMH…Guess I will be another viewer fast forwarding so I won’t witness the fiasco that is about to take place. Once again, the writers have gotten it all wrong.

January 30, 2014 at 10:27 am
(15) Mojo says:

Can someone tell me about Eve? I know she is Shane’s daughter but what is her background? I didn’t watch the show when she was one of the primary characters. Thanks!

February 19, 2014 at 5:33 am
(16) Kris says:

Eve Donovan, formerly played by Charlotte Ross, is the daughter of Shane Donovan and Gabrielle Pascal. She was brought onto Days around 1987 and was involved in a story where she came to Salem looking for Shane, but ended up meeting Nick Corelli, who lured her into a life of prostitution with the help of one of his girls. Nick was a shady pimp. Nick took good care of Eve and cared for her deeply. He watched after her and was very protective of her. They had great chemistry. Eve always had a thing for Nick, but he was also involved with April Ramirez. Eve was always jealous of the relationship that Shane had with Kimberly and always felt like a third-wheel of sorts. This caused Eve to start using drugs. She wanted attention and almost overdosed nearly losing her life. It was Nick that came to her rescue. Eve was kind of the “odd duck” so to say in school and didn’t have a lot of friends. She hooked up with some guy, named Harris Michaels, who basically made a bet with friends that he could sleep with her after finding out she was a prostitute. When Nick Corelli died, Eve was arrested and tried his murder although with the help of Jack, Jennifer, Frankie, and Tanner Schofield, Eve was later cleared. Eve was a singer and she worked at Wings when Nick bought it and took over (Used to be Blondies). Eve was also a friend to Molly Brinker and took Molly under her wings. Eve was also married to Jack for a brief time before he and Jennifer officially tied the knot. It was a schemed marriage. Jack did not want to lose the Spectator to Lawrence Alamain and Eve reminded Jack that she had enough money to finance his prized Spectator so he could keep it out of the hands of Lawrence. Eve was always scheming and very diabolical, kind of like Eve’s on-screen sister, Theresa. Eventually, Eve left Salem for Africa with Frankie, whom she also had a crush on and cared about deeply, although it was revealed that Frankie and Eve’s romance did not last.