1. Entertainment
Janet Di Lauro

Days Cast Reflects on Ralph Waite's Death

By February 14, 2014

greg vaughanThe passing of Ralph Waite, who recurred as Father Matt on Days of Our Lives since 2009, has inspired an outpouring of comments from the soap's cast, who remember him fondly.

Greg Vaughan (Eric) tweeted: "To my good friend Mr. Waite! You will be terrible missed & I feel honored to have share the screen opposite of you this past year & our good talks followed by your great sense of humor! #RIP"

"Good-bye Mr. Ralph Waite. RIP. Your "Father Matt" always gave me great advice on love. #TheWaltons #Days pic.twitter.com/TCnIXmdsIm," added Shawn Christian (Daniel) on his Twitter feed.

"So very sad to hear about the passing of Ralph Waite. I had the great pleasure of working with him. He was always charming, prepared and ready to work. I was always thrilled to share scenes with him," posted Eileen Davidson (Kristen) on Facebook.

"Ralph Waite. Rest in peace and thank you sir," tweeted Eric Martsolf (Brady).

Kristian Alfonso (Hope) also added a  Twitter post: "Ralph Waite RIP , you'll will be very much missed. It was an honor and always a pleasure to work with you."

Comments

February 14, 2014 at 4:07 pm
(1) Voice of Reason says:

RIP Ralph Waite. I was wondering why Father Matt just left in the middle of the bullying thing with Ciara…didnt make much sense. He must have been sick. Since Days tapes so far in advance, I wonder if he taped more episodes before he passed.

February 14, 2014 at 9:20 pm
(2) vanessa says:

Loved him on my favorite soap! Wonderful actor!

February 16, 2014 at 5:39 pm
(3) Cj says:

The bedroom scenes with the two young boys have got to go…..forcing relationship is enough!!!!!!!

February 17, 2014 at 8:30 pm
(4) dianajo says:

Ralph Waite will certainly be missed. I loved him on The Walton’s, NCIS and lately as Father Matt on Days.

February 18, 2014 at 10:42 am
(5) Debra says:

I wondered this, too, Voice of Reason. I guess if we don’t see him in any more scenes he must have quit taping a while ago. I am going to google and see if I can find out when he last worked on Days.

February 18, 2014 at 10:58 am
(6) Gail says:

He was so great on both shows. I was wondering why a couple of new priests were counseling Eric. It would have been so neat to have him preside over a future wedding of Eric and (my favorite) Nicole, if and when that might happen.

February 19, 2014 at 10:52 am
(7) faith says:

I think the fact that Ralph Waite died should have been displayed somewhere on the show (either before or after). He was such a great actor. He deserves honorable mentions. He wasn’t even mentioned on the news or anywhere on NCIS. Please mention him somewhere on the show. Thank you

February 19, 2014 at 2:49 pm
(8) Janiebell says:

I watched John{Walton, Farther Matt} on the Waltons {and still do} John Wait always brings a lots of “heart” to whatever he plays.

February 20, 2014 at 6:56 pm
(9) Sylvia Prusinski says:

I will miss Father Matt, he was wonderful and there should have been something said about his passing on the show.

February 21, 2014 at 9:48 am
(10) Emma says:

What we are seeing now was taped months ago. If they do mention him it will be a while. He will be missed on both shows!