Adore EJ DiMera, the suave, sly scoundrel of Salem? He’s a complicated man with more facets than the Hope Diamond. Days of Our Lives fans have been enthralled with the charismatic character, since actor James Scott assumed the role in 2006. Check out these 25 facts about him.
1. Born on February 21, 1997, EJ should actually be
turning 16 in 2013. Instead, thanks to soap opera’s rapid
aging syndrome he’s 30-something.
2. A true Pisces, EJ yearns for understanding and is
often misunderstood. He also feels like he’s being pulled in
different directions. Case in point: one minute he’s embracing
a life of crime; the next, he’s trying to be a better man for
3. His birth name was actually Elvis Aaron Banks. Yet,
somewhere along the way it became Elvis John. Hence, the
4. The character has been played by four people, since
he was born. Triplets Dillon, Vincent, and Avalon Ragone
shared the role of baby Elvis from 1997 to 1998. James Scott
assumed the role of adult EJ in 2006.
5. EJ should thank his lucky stars his stepfather,
Edmund, never legally adopted him. Otherwise, his name would
be EJ Crumb.
6. When it comes to siblings, fate has been cruel to
EJ. Over the years, he’s lost five! Brothers Tony and Benjy
and sisters Renee, Megan and Lexie have all died.
7. After his father, Stefano, stole him from
his mum, Susan, EJ lived at the DiMera’s posh New Orleans
estate, Maison Blanche.
8. Where did EJ get his British accent? That can be
attributed to the English boarding schools he attended growing
9. He’s the spitting image of his paternal grandfather
Santo DiMera; minus the moustache.
10. His first meeting with Sami was memorable for both
her and Days viewers. Why? Because EJ was clad only in
11. Although he’s never been convicted of any crimes,
he’s committed enough heinous acts to be put away for life.
Among his offenses: he brainwashed and tortured Steve Johnson,
forced Sami to have sex with him, and shot and tried to kill
12. When it comes to crimes committed against him,
there’s no one better at forgiving and forgetting. EJ forgave
Will for shooting him in the back, during his wedding to Sami,
and he still adores Sami, despite the fact that she shot him
point blank in the head.
13. EJ has “fathered” four children, but sadly only
two, Johnny and Sydney, are still alive. Nicole miscarried
their first child; and their second baby, a son, was delivered
14. He has a penchant for expensive suits, ties and
pink shirts and rarely dresses down.
15. EJ is a jack of all trades, literally. His careers
to date include race car driver, co-owner of Mythic
Communications, lawyer, mayor and CEO of DiMera Enterprises.
16. Although it was never proven, EJ was believed to
have been the mysterious Gloved Hand, who once wreaked havoc
in Salem -- switching fertilized eggs, tampering with race cars
and then some.
17. He once had a torrid affair with Kate, who later
became his stepmother, when she married Stefano.
18. Named after Elvis Presley, EJ actually dressed as
The King for Halloween 2011. Who was his Priscilla? Why Nicole, of
19. EJ is not an American citizen. He’s in the United
States on a visa and has been since 2006.
20. Although he goes by the nickname EJ, he prefers
calling others by their full name. Case in point: Samantha,
William and the late Alexandra.
21. EJ might never have learned that Johnny was his
son, if it weren’t for Celeste. She had a vision that he was
the boy’s father, prompting EJ to insist Sami have a paternity
test done on the child.
22. The multiple birth gene runs in EJ’s family. His
mother Susan was a quadruplet, and his son, Johnny, is a
23. He once saved Stefano’s life, but in gruesome
fashion. He had Steve kidnap a comatose John and then forced
Kayla to transplant one of John’s kidneys into his dying
24. When it comes to women, this gentleman definitely
prefers blondes. Ex-wives Sami and Nicole and former lover
Taylor are all fair-haired. The only brunette he’s tangled
with is Kate.
25. Despite loving his late
sister, Lexie, EJ denied her last request that he resign
as mayor of Salem and relinquish the post to her husband, Abe.